logo

Lease Finance Group
Fraud
3. (26 mins ago)
Universal Survey Center
Request to stop unsolicited phone calls
4. (28 mins ago)
Arizona Parrots
No contact with them since payment
5. (55 mins ago)
BEWARE! FRAUD! Christs Church of the Valley - CCV CHURCH Peoria AZ - CCVONLINE.COM
Church Leadership Continues to Allow Felon Member to Ripoff Members

Posted:    Valerie

Harassment

FHA.com
fha.com
This website is a lead generator website for Quicken Loans, which does do FHA loans, however it is not the HOPE NOW website which is advocated by individual State and also the Federal Gov't for assistance for those in trouble. This site comes up when a person puts the words 'hope now' into their search, with the intent of getting to the real website. The fha.com website is predatory. Once you submit your info they farm it out to several different mortgage companies and you get solicited by them. If you discover your error their assistance@fha.com link is dead and you have to fuss around with emailing it via copy and paste into your own email application. The user agreements attempt to intimidate the user by claiming that once you have submitted info, you are subject to binding arbitration and cannot take action of any kind to get off their mailing, phone and email lists. It also tells you that even if you have opted out using the federal and state Do-Not-Call lists, you have now given them carte blanche permission to share your lead info with any one they want to. However, YOU CAN FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE FCC, THE OCC, THE BBB, AND THIS WEBSITE, AMONG OTHERS. You may also tell each person who calls you to remove you from their call list immediately. After a few days, the calls will stop because you are not interested in giving business to them.
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Mar, 2009 by   Sheldon 0 Votes
I had the first call within two minutes of filling out the form. The second I had hit the "send" button I realized that I was at FHA.COM not FHA.GOV. I had the first call within two minutes of filling out the form. It has now been ten minutes and I'm still fuming. I cannot believe that the FHA hasn't taken action against these people. I guess I look forward to a miserable next couple of days.
 2nd of Jul, 2012 by   ah5883 0 Votes
I had the same thing happen. I caught on after I received a call from their credit counseling center offering to "help" fix my credit, but it would cost me several hundred dollars. Such a setup for those of us trying to get actual help.
 30th of Mar, 2013 by   asthedragonflies 0 Votes
I naively thought that "fha.com" was the Federal Housing Administration link. We all know I was wrong. What really is bothering me is that "Michelle" who called me as a "Credit Counselor" was quite deceiving. When I asked if "rate.com" who she represented & "fha.com" their "Sister" web site were part of the "Federal Housing Authority" she said yes. So, your companies are part of the US government? "Yes". Wrong answer Michelle.. I know my bad for using "Authority" instead of "Administration".
We'll see if anything happens when I put a complaint into the FCC, THE OCC, & THE BBB. Probably nothing but I will feel better having done so.

Online Holiday Shopping: 5 Pitfalls