logo

NprComputers vs. FGUA
5004/5006 Shamrock Dr.
New Port Richey, Florida
Phone: 727-277-8006
Please contact us with any knowledge of a class-action suit against FGUA for billing issues.

-kenny
727-277-8006

Synopsis:

Fgua "purchased" the water monopolies (Lindrick and Aloha that we know of). Their first bill to our computer store was for 16000 gallons of water (we don't drink that much coffee).

Numerous calls and weeks later we get a call from a representative of FGUA that stated there were numerous billing issues in their office and after apologizing for the overage in our consumption/billing he assured me that they would take the next three bills (half a year in the future) and from that would average the bill we overpaid for and then allocate the overage to the bill following the next three bills (we're billed every two months and typically it's 12-15 dollars). I suggested he take our last 6 months bills and average them instead (seems more logical, yet perhaps less profitable for the profiteer monopoly).

In any event, FGUA's claim is that the prior company did not keep proper records (we offered ours, simple right?).

In short, this is nothing more than a numbers game and here's how it's played: XCorporation overbills millions of people KNOWING FULL AND WELL that only a percentage of them will notice or if they notice even fewer will have time to address the phone tag buffer. So that translates in millions to allocate toward the few thousand they might have to pay when drawn to court.

Needless to say, we prefer real patriotism here and capitalism never really sat right with me anyway (ESPECIALLY since the monopoly board holds so few players) so if anybody else out there is interested please contact us by stopping by or calling. We will be sending flyers out to our neighbors in the immediate community here hoping that there's a provable pattern (and I think there just might be) of overbilling.

5006 Shamrock Dr.
New Port Richey, FL
(727) 277-8006

FGUA

Comments United States Utility Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Jun, 2010 by   Cynthia RK. 0 Votes
Our bill went from $56 average to over $225.00 and I was out of town in NY for the time period we were billed!

You're right about that phone buffer.
 24th of Jun, 2010 by   MsDiana 0 Votes
I just recieved my bill and it went from 42.15 to 145.51 they told me they would send someone out there to re-read the meter and when they called me back they told me in 7 days from last reading that I used 4000 gallons.. 4000 gallons in 7 days HOW???? even when I had a leak in my house it never NEVER went above 100... that is a 3 month bill for me I can not pay this, shoot what will next month be... how can they do this and get away with it...
 24th of Jun, 2010 by   Joshua Flagsler 0 Votes
Firstly, This is outrageous. We contacted EPA and FEPA (I think that's the name of it) and everybody tells us the same thing, to complain to the new owners of the water here!

How do they get away with it?

How do these corporations get away with all their other crimes, take the oil spill (oops). They simply get federal subsidies (our money) to "clean up" their mistake and then have the audacity to raise the prices of oil on us. But if this WAS a Democracy then why do I get to go to jail if I dump an ounce of the same oil in the ocean?

Criminals, the whole lot of them!!! We don't have a government for or by the people. We have a plutocracy for and by an elite few here!
 24th of Jun, 2010 by   Joshua Flagsler 0 Votes
As a side note:

WHY WEREN'T WE NOTIFIED OF A BOIL NOTICE!!!

I get to see this rescission after the fact!

(06/11/2010 6:07PM)
Lindrick System: Rescission of Boil Water Advisory

Man, do we need some alternatives here instead of monopolies, or what?
 28th of Jun, 2010 by   JerrySmith 0 Votes
I don't understand how you can call this a non profit org. if you never return any of your profits to the customers.
How do you justify charging 3 times pr. gal. more than new port richey water.
 28th of Jun, 2010 by   MsDiana 0 Votes
FGUA sent someone out to check my meter to make sure it is reading correctly. I was told it is 99% accurate. 1 thing I do not understand is while they had the meter removed why didn't they put a new one on just to be sure. They did not they replaced with the same one. I understand that things do go up in time for inflation but how much is fair? last month my bill was 42.15 this month 145.51.. this time last year my bill was 31.67. we have had some leaks in my house and have correct it but have NEVER had a bill this high... when I have contacted FGUA in regards to this I am told they will look into it. As i have stated to them I have every bill from when I moved into my house which has been only 4 yrs and the increase is UNREAL! I use to pay between 20-30 month now I am up to 40-50 and when I did have a leak it never went above 80. Things sure have changed since FGUA has bought out Colonial Manor Utilities and not for the good I might add...
 20th of Oct, 2010 by   UNCOVER 0 Votes
I JUST RECIEVED MY BILL STATIONG MY METER READ AT 79...METERS HAVE 7 DIGITS. MY LAST TWO BILLS STATED I USED O GALLONS BOTH MONTHS. THIS BILL SAID I USED ONE GALLON LAST MONTH, AND USING THIS GALLON HAS INCREASED MY BILL BY 16 DOLLARS. IS 16 DOLLARS PER GALLON THE NORMAL CHARGE PER GALLON OF USAGE? THIS BILL FOR ONE GALLON OF WATER USED IS 50 DOLLARS. IM GLAD I DIDNT USE TWO GALLONS, EVEN THOUGH I USE 1-2 GALLONS IN ACUALITY PER DAY. PEOPLE NEED FIRED
 13th of Feb, 2011 by   FGUA rip off 0 Votes
We used to pay $30 to $50 a month with Lindrick and as soon as FGUA took over my bill averages $130. Our association (Gulf Harbors) gave us an email contact at FGUA and first they asked for copies of my payments to Lindrick then after I sent them they wanted copies of the bills which of course I don't have and they said the same thing about poor record keeping. I know my meter was being read because my neighbor was the one reading them for Lindrick. If anybody knows of any kind of class action I will gladly sign up.
 15th of Feb, 2011 by   kennyhendrick2 0 Votes
Hello folks,

I'm pleased (and proud) to inform you that we canceled our water !!! In July of 2010 we decided to obtain water from another source (much cleaner and less or no additives, preservatives, poisons, toxins, conditioners, ad nauseaum and infinitum). We call this new source of water, God's place ";-) No more bill from that water monopoly wwwooooo wwooooo...

Well here it is going on one year and not only did I eliminate a profiteering bill from my life but went on to find a way to live life with less bills (would you believe electricity is also by God?). We have been accustomed to receiving 400-500 $ electric bills for our computer store...would you believe we're not down to the 80 dollar bills for electricity now? yesssirreeeee (and a liberating experience in doing so I might add). Now, my goal is to eliminate the electric monopoly entirely (because I believe I can).

People wake up!!! Think outside that box and so-called "education" you received as an impressionable child and pull yourselves from those couches and chairs (usually planted in front of an indoctrination medium called a tele"vision")!

When I die, I'll be leaving behind something worth more than money (and have you seen what these corporate sponsored "elected" entities have spent this dollar into lately? Something to the tune of 19trillion in debt we are! Not a good entity to invest in right now because they're obviously not using our money to build better things for us but boy are they ever building better jails, prisons, courts, federal offices, etc.). The dollar is worth like 1/3 the euro now? Not too long ago before we began getting looted I went to the Netherlands and our dollar was 3/1 !!!

Think people, you might have to adjust your lifestyle but "let thine own cisterns water thee"

Peace.
-kenny
NprComputers
5006 Shamrock Dr.
New Port Richey, FL 34652
727-277-8006

7th of Nov, 2011 by   citizen of pasco county 0 Votes
We bought a house and was really surprise how is water stinks from pipes that fgua provide to us.
It is normal legally poisoning people like a bugs? This is crazy, looking way to avoid this water,
 23rd of Dec, 2011 by   kennyhendrick2 0 Votes
Sorry...I forgot all about this post.

BIG CORRECTION TO MY FORMER POST:
Yes, we eliminated the water company (but their bill lingers on...even though we get no service and no product).

Hmmm...at least with the "mafia" we got something in return for our money~!

8th of Feb, 2012 by   Jak G 0 Votes
NPR 34652 Rental property Tenants moves. June of 11 ~~
FGUA takes over and bills owner for connection fee !
Vacant house water shut off for safety on outside
October ~ November bill 53K gallons .
FGUA conducts a 5 gallon pail test .
Owner requests a new meter . FGUA conducts a 100 gallon test .
No meter change and now facing a disconnect .
Owner still trying to resolve the issue . Any advise will help . Facing a $650 bill
Still believe error in meter can happen in multi K increments
 17th of Feb, 2012 by   M.J.L. 0 Votes
THIS COMPANY IS THE BIGGEST WATER COMPANY RIPOFF OUT THERE.I AM GOING TO INSTALL A WELL AND SEWERS..IT WILL PAY FOR ITSELF IN ABOUT 3 YEARS..I HATE THIS COMPANY..THEY SHOULD BE BROUGHT UP ON CHARGES ...
 29th of Jun, 2012 by   Raymond Maxim +1 Votes
I bought a Mobile Home in march and the previous owner had the water turned off. I use the place for just a seasonal rental so decided not to have the water turned on till early December. Lo and behold I just got a notice from the sewer company that I owed them $86.29 for April may and June . I took the bill to FGUA which is across the street; and they told me that even though I was not turning the water on till december; I still had to pay a sewer bill. I said what a rip off. They also told me I had to pay a $40.00 deposit for this account. I said why should I have to do this as I have 3 accounts with them for other homes that I have. They said that that was just the way it was. I am so upset to think they do not work with the customer at all; and was wondering is their anything that can be done. I just cannot understand how they can rip people off the way they do. Any answers you could give me would sure be appreciated. Thank you very much. My name is Raymond Maxim and I live in North Fort Myers F;lorids 33917.
 14th of Aug, 2012 by   Ann LaMarr 0 Votes
Our bill went from 59.00 a month to 165.00 their 1st month. We called and complained, they said they would send someone out. When we had Madd Hatter water, they offered for us to purchase an irrigation meter for outside, we did. This water was billed at a much lower rate. Now, they bill us a 20.00 fee on each meter to read BUT the water is all at the same rate. I tried to tell them to pull the 2nd meter BUT they don't get why. They're too stupid to figure it out. We asked for a supervisor to call us, was promised one would call that day. 4 days later, no one has called. Horrible customer service and a huge rip off.
 31st of Aug, 2012 by   Bean789 0 Votes
My first bill with FGUA was $98. My bills from the prior water company, Mad Hatter Utility, averaged $37. This is quite an increase. When I called and asked about the usage, 7K gallons, I was told that the prior company, had they stayed in business, would have raised the rates by 94%. Well, that did not answer my question on my current bill. I now see a 'service charge' and 'base charge' on my bill for both the water and sewer before they bill for the actual usage. It was explained that the service charges were for meter maintenance and reading, other personnel, etc. I asked the rep to calculate the increase and asked why it had gone up over 250%. First, she tells me that since I have 5 people in my household, that actually 7K usage was below the normal 2.??K gal. per person (can't remember her exact 'normal usage'). Then I asked, how do you know how many people live in my house? Answer never came. Then, I explained that of the 5 people in my house there is 1 infant in diapers, 1 toddler in diapers so the water/sewer usage for toilet flushing wasn't there. Another older child was in school all day, so less water/sewer usage for toilet flushing during the day and she is not even at the house 5 days out of the month. That leaves 2 adults, #1 of which is working all day, so also, less toilet flushing. Ok, that leaves the laundry. Hmm...how many loads do you think it takes to wash the infants and toddlers clothing per week? How many loads, after the dry cleaning bill, for the working adult clothing? Dishwasher runs average 5 days per week, with #2 adult working on weekends. So, her calculations don't work out so well. Next, I do not have a sprinkler system and I have 3 rain barrels for the lawn and garden watering. Then she stated that I must have used a lot of water for the pool. Now, I am really upset! My above ground pool is in my backyard, behind a privacy fence, and then fenced again for the protection of the children. How do they know I had a pool, which, by the way, I have not added any water to since it was installed in May 2012. A lot of rain goes a long way.

None of my questions got answered. I compared my usage with a co-worker who lives in Tampa. They have 3 adults and 1 child in their house. They have a pool. They have a dishwasher. Their monthly usage is around 5-6K gallons (per month in the summer only. It is less during the winter months. They also pay a service charge on the sewer billing only. Their bill for July was $57.12 for both.

The service charge for water and base charge for sewer with FGUA is about the same as my average billing per month for the last 2 years from Mad Hatter Utility. I was told there were some water quality issues when the new company took over and they were spending money to clean the water, BUT, my milky water now is by far less appealing.

I will be taking a picture of my water meter each month from now on. If there is a meter problem, then it will need to be repaired. If there is a leak, then it will need to be prepared. If the water quality does not improve, then that will need to be repaired as well. I do not have to pay for tainted water and water that is not suitable for drinking. That is called potable water and I refuse to pay a dime for it. Time to put in a well. Hope my HOA is not going to fight me over it.
 4th of Feb, 2013 by   Victor Po 0 Votes
My water/sewage bill did not change till June of 2012. The charges increased approximately 90% for the same service I had with Mad Hatter. I have read some of the earlier comments and it seems FGUA has the same reply for all complaints about the price increase, the previous company did not take care of their equipment and that the previous companies had the OK to increase prices about 96%. What goes unsaid is that FGUA would not have monopolized the water supply in Pasco and surrounding counties if a blanket price increase had not been approved by our elected officials. If there was not the ability to make LOTS of money FGUA would not exist. I think this is another case of a few government officials knowing what is best for everybody. I do not think there should be government monopolies where private enterprises do the same thing.
 17th of Feb, 2013 by   c.c.resident +1 Votes
the new chemical feed facility is being build feet from this former Shamerock Heights computer store! this is a storage tank which will house 1000 gallons of pure bleach. another one in place (smaller) will store ammonia and this is 4 feet from my property! The fgua are going to cause illness and potential great hazards.
This is bigger than over billing. and I will be turning my water off tomorrow! when this is in operation, I been told in 30 days I need to be gone or get very sick ...my house will be destroyed and GOD help everyone nearby!
 16th of Apr, 2013 by   outragous 0 Votes
Got my first bill from FGUA and was SHOCKED, $86.00 for just sewer with only two people living in a house, not even full time??? When I called they too seemed surprised and asked if I had a leak which I did not. Then they tried to blame it on sprinklers which I only use twice a week for about 20 minutes total. Why do I have to pay for sewerage on something that just goes in the ground? All of this makes no sense at all.
 30th of May, 2013 by   swnpr 0 Votes
So I check into having a second meter installed to cover the outside usage (pool, boat, etc.) so I don't have to pay the sewer fees...and they tell me it will cost $2, 000-$3, 000...seriously? FGUA is the biggest ripoff company out there...I pay more for water/sewer than I do for electric. What can be done to stop this price gouging by them?

Keyboard Spywares Used by Online Phishing Scams