logo

Smith Sights
Ordered, paid, never received
4. (56 mins ago)
Olx
Fake add and gave my phone no
5. (56 mins ago)
Avon
No delivery

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Ferrellgas of Minnesota and North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota Complaints & Reviews - Price gouging & Harrassment -residential propane

Ferrellgas of Minnesota and North Dakota Contacts & Informations

Ferrellgas of Minnesota and North Dakota

Posted:    Kat

Price gouging & Harrassment -residential propane

Ferrellgas
Grand Forks, North Dakota
Phone: 701-775-7475
ferrellgas.com
We were Suburban Propane (Fargo, ND) customers in 2001 and were happy with their propane service. Approximately in 2004 they were purchased by Ferrellgas. Although we live in Minnesota the Grand Forks, North Dakota office of Ferrellgas was the supplier and answered our calls for customer service. We had a "keep full" contract for propane and also had "locked in" the propane price. The truck would fill our tank in the coldest month and charge us market rates instead of honoring our contract. When my husband would call and ask what happened to our contract, the lady in customer service was always rude to him and then would look up our account and tell him, oh yes she remembered it was a contract and would recalculate the bill. This happened with every bill we received. Finally my husband had enough when they started adding fees for "tank rental" besides all the other fees already in the bill. He contacted a local propane company and with their help purchased a propane tank and they came and fixed it so we could continue to use the propane in the Ferrellgas tank that we had already paid for.
There is alot more to this than I have time to write. I am in the process of filing a complaint with the attorney general. Funny thing, when we disputed our last bill ( of course it was the wrong amount again) they told us we didn't have a contract and we had to pay the market price. We left a balance due and wrote 3 or 4 letters disputing it. Finally, the headquarters office of customer service called and said they would have the "local" office contact us. The same rude lady that my husband has been dealing with for 4 years called and was telling me that my husband was rude and would never let her talk. And she is not in charge of sending out contracts to customers and she has no idea that we wrote letters to Ferrellgas. She put her supervisor on the phone and to "keep" us as customers he would offer us a contract for propane at $1.99 for the whole year. Yet he would not adjust our past due bill under $2.27. So if you threaten to leave the company they offer you a contract and a great rate but if you are a customer you get overcharged and they never send you a contract. The new propane supplier tells us he has alot of ex-Ferrellgas customers and they all basically say the same thing happened to them.
Comments United States Utility Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Oct, 2008 by   Matt 0 Votes
I'm a resident of south Florida. Almost the exact same thing has happened to us. My tank was old when I purchased my home in 2002. We continued to use a different gas company until they became unreliable. Then we switched to a different co. until again we had problems receiving gas on time. For four years that was the only problem we had. Then we switched to Ferrell gas. When we started with them they seemed professional. Then they started asking for payment before filling our tank instead of billing us. Then after two years they tried to start charging us for tank rental. We have had the exact same problems with theyre represenatives. The woman working there told us that it was her word against ours and if we didnt pay rental on our own tank we could not receive gas. She refused to allow either my wife or myself to talk to anyone else. No supervisor/owner anyone. Perhaps this is company policy and we should look into a class action suit. I just want you to know, Youre not alone.
 28th of Oct, 2008 by   L in Illinois 0 Votes
I'm almost afraid to start shopping propane companies. I am currently with Ferrell Gas but everytime they fill my tank the driver says "yea, prices are jumping it went up $1.oo from yesterday." My response was why didn't you fill it yesterday and he just laughs. This same conversation has played out over the last three years.
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   Eric Aasmundstad 0 Votes
The same thing happened to me in Devils Lake ND and I just paid it last winter this year I have called to complain and tried to get a contract and they say they are sending one in the mail and it never comes and they filled me 2 weeks ago and charged $3.44 and I called another supplier and it was $1.79. As soon as the weather and snow piles cooperate I am telling them to come and get their tank and will buy from someone else.
 12th of Feb, 2010 by   golfsnownut 0 Votes
I am located in Bismarck, ND. Yes, Ferrellgas has been ripping their customers off. They just lost my business yesterday after they came out to fill my 1000 gal and 250 gal tanks and charged me $2.88 per gal which shocked me. After few phone calls to different gas suppliers, they are between $1.80 and $1.84 so I paid the manager a visit to dispute the charge. She said she can adjust the price down to $2.29 and no more. I inquired about the tank purchases and bought the tanks from them for 975 dollars and requested the delivered propane to be pumped out so I can call other supplier to fill our tanks. Few hours later she emailed me that regional manager approved the adjustment to match the local supplier at $1.80 so they would not have to come out to pump the propane out of our newly purchased tanks...That was not first time they tried the price gouging with me. I have had complained last few times with them. My last word to their manager was to keep counting the customers they lose!

Valentine's Day Gift Ideas