logo

Bunch of scammers

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Felix Paydirt's Gourmet Gold, Fairbanks, Alaska Complaints & Reviews - Misleading Advertising

Felix Paydirt's Gourmet Gold Contacts & Informations

Felix Paydirt's Gourmet Gold

Posted:    H8t Scammers

Misleading Advertising

Felix Paydirt's Gourmet Gold
Fairbanks, Alaska
Phone: 877-775-1120
felixpaydirt.com
I would give this company 0 out of 5 stars. I ordered 10 bags of the medium priced concentrate, and received 6 bags with gold, and 4 bags of dirt only - probably not even the low priced bag's worth of gold overall from all 10. I feel that I got ripped off!! The brochure that he mailed me says that each bag will have "bigger and better nuggets" in it and that is a bold lie! I called numerous times and the attitude there was that if I found even one flake, then they did their job, because they don't guarantee a certain amount of gold. They told me that "it was the experience" of gold-panning that I bought. This is not a way to win or keep customers. Do not order from Felix. You will be very disappointed. They will steal your money and send you a bag of dirt and rocks.

Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Jun, 2010 by   H8t Scammers -2 Votes
We wanted to post a note regarding our first complaint against Felix Gourmet Gold. Since the complaint was placed, Felix has been terrific to work with. He made things right and sent us a bag to replace what we felt like we didn't receive. The bag he sent was loaded with gold and we couldn't be happier. We will definitely be return customers as we feel that Felix does value his customers and does stand behind his product. We would also recommend this company to anyone looking to pan some gold! Thanks so much Felix!
 17th of Jan, 2011 by   echonite +1 Votes
Felix Paydirt's Gourmet Gold is a BIG ripoff! I ordered a Bonanza and Jackpot bag in November and was very happy with my order. I ordered the same in December, deciding to sign up for the montly program at that time and there wasn't barely any gold in my Bonanza Bag in my December order. They have ZERO customer service and good luck getting anybody on the phone. "Joe" called back after some time (a couple of weeks of calling and emails) and I felt attacked as a customer and called a lair! Needless to say I cancelled the monthly program and will advise anyone out there to stay away...a real big disappointment!! I also was overcharged on shipping on my December order. This has to be one of my worse customer service experience in 40 years!! They definitely get 0 out of 5 stars from me. Felix may have valued the above customer...but he sure did not value me.
 17th of Jan, 2011 by   echonite +1 Votes
PS I hope their bad attitude was worth all the business they would have gotten from me. (Let's treat a new monthly memeber like crap and call them a lair!) It's a wonder they have any customers if the way I was treated is their norm!
 2nd of Mar, 2011 by   JamesBond -2 Votes
To think someone will send you concentrated ore worth more in gold than the price they sell it for is a complete joke. I guess if you look at gold panning as a fun activity you could buy one bag, find the gold, mix it back with the dirt, and repeat. To think you will have a net profit is just plain silly.
 30th of Mar, 2011 by   echonite +2 Votes
To James Bond. When you pay $150+ for a bag, you expect to find alittle bit of gold. At least $30 worth, wouldn't you say? Your remarks are rude and way off. I don't see in any of the about comments that anyone was thinking they were going to get rich.
 30th of Mar, 2011 by   echonite 0 Votes
Now to address my complaint above, I did hear back from Felix. He asked for a chance to make it right. Said if I brought another bag, he would send a second bag for free. I got my new bags, and the gold was good, just like my first order. Decided to stick with it and rejoin the monthly program. Just got my next bag and I am happy with the gold. Thank you Felix for making it right!
 9th of May, 2011 by   spookchaser 0 Votes
I bought a bag of "dirt" while in Alaska last year. Found three flakes and some fines.
Won't get a second chance at me. Am also going to write the GPAA but expect nothing there as he buys a lot of space from them.
 13th of May, 2011 by   Hammond,Joe -2 Votes
I'm not going to be able to retire from the dirt I've bought from Felix?!? Man, I am disappointed. I get gold from other sources and a few of us even have a claim in Arizona. I have been buying gold from Felix for awhile, some bags are better than others. They are usually better than my other sources, except maybe the claim. I didn't know that if complained he would send me free dirt with extra gold. Joe, I hope you are reading this. I didn't like my last bag, I thought I was going to get the 1 oz'er. I want a refund or just send me the gold without all that crappy dirt. FELIX's DIRT IS THE BEST I HAVE BOUGHT!!!
 14th of Nov, 2011 by   khelmermd -1 Votes
So far after several months on the monthly program I have been pretty satisfied.
I know the amount of gold is less then the cost, but I have been getting very nice nuggets everytime from his Bonanza dirt. The Motherload mostly is filled with smaller gold.
So far I have been satisfied.
Just got my Jackpot today. If there is one of them big nuggies in there I will post.
 29th of Nov, 2011 by   highbanker -2 Votes
I have ordered 12 bags of pay dirt from Felix. If you do not pan out the fine sands SEVERAL TIMES you are going to miss some gold. Have actually gone back Thur material again and found flour and fine gold. in the old material. My usual find in the mother load bag is around 1 gram. Of small pickers from fine gravel in 1/8 screen and fine and flour gold in black sands. In bonanza bag usually find around 1 1/8 to1 1/4 grams. Have found 1 1/4 g nugget some 1g & 3/4g nuggets. just found 29.98 gram NUGGET and had over an ounce from jack pot bag. Have never found less then 3 to 4 grams in jackpot bag. Minus the 29.98gram Nugget, I have found 41.87 grams of gold in my PAY DIRT. If you still have old material pan it out again. may have to use the M word to separate fine gold from sands. Anyway just wanted to tell you my experiences with Felix. P.S. check out me in my Felix Tee Shirt with my big nugget. good hunting and golden days.
 15th of Dec, 2011 by   Rowdyguns +1 Votes
No doubt that theres nice gold in Felixs' bags. I've bought several over the last few years. If you don't mind spending $100 to get $50 worth of gold you'll like it. Thats typical. This stuff is designed for people who really are clueless about the values or don't care.I do this for fun, but bottomline, its really a poor value. These folks are mining the miners. Read the reviews, theres sellers out there that offer better concentrates consistently. Felix Paydirt Co. is the number 1 marketer, bar none. My hat is off to them for that. They could sell air conditioners to the eskimos in the winter. Because of their unique product, and their marketing, these guys make a killing, and where we do this for fun, its very expensive and the return is very poor. There are people/businesses out there that sell an honest bag of concentrates for a fair price. But this isn't one of them.
 20th of Dec, 2011 by   Kelly alge 0 Votes
I am thinking of ordering some paydirt from Felix's for my husband for Christmas...very reluctantly. I realize this is not at all a way to make money, but more of a fun experience for him. He and my daughter can't miss a single episode of 'Goldrush', and I know they would love to try this but He would be terribly disappointed if he found nothing at all. (and I will be in trouble) after reading the reviews I am afraid I'll be setting him up for disappointment. What companies sell similar products with good reputation to find at least 'something' ?
 21st of Dec, 2011 by   drywasher49 +1 Votes
Sorry this post will be to late to help with Christmas, but if you want to surprise your husband and daughter with a good gold panning experience, buy some flakes/nuggets on ebay, say about 2 grams (cost you about $100 - 120), mix that with a little gravel and some dirt and they will have a rewarding, enjoyable winning experience. As for Felix Paydirt, my experience with those folks was for every $100 spent on their "paydirt" you may get back $30 -40 back in gold. I know 1 fella on this board talks about the big nugget he got, well thats from their big promotion in November for the "Jackpot" bags, kind of like winning the lottery, but that is the exception to the normal bags they sell throughout the year, my opinion, a big rip off, send me $100 and I'll send you $30 in gold all year long, it's good for Felix, horrible for the buyer.
 25th of Dec, 2011 by   davebarineau 0 Votes
i bought 11 jackpot bags this year 2011. i"m not to happy with it. will not do that again.
 6th of Jan, 2012 by   drywasher49 +1 Votes
WoW, 11 bags, that cost you a small fortune at $360 per bag. They suck you in dangling the chance of getting a "big nugget", but the typical experience is you spend $360 plus another $20 for shipping for a total of $380 spent and wind up with maybe $150 in gold, great for Felix, major rip-off for the consumer. Felix has to make up his $$ on the masses to make up for "giving away" those big nuggets, so you have some lucky winners and everyone else, unfortunately people like you that bought 11 bags, line Felix's pockets with a great marketing scam enticing you with the possibility of getting that big nugget!! So when you hear that Felix or anyone is going to give away some big nuggets, there's a catch, somebody has to pay for that giveaway and that somebody is you!!! Felix Gourmet Gold = Rip Off
 16th of Jan, 2012 by   Rowdyguns +1 Votes
Make no mistake, Felix Paydirt salts their bags. Unfortunately greed does not allow them to give but a select few a reasonable deal. A very, very, small percentage of people may end up with a reasonable amount of gold. Whatever you spend, you will be lucky to get 1/3 to 1/2 of that in gold. Felix must actually get around $3000 to $4000 an ounce for his gold. Pretty good. I expect that they probably buy most of it anyway. These guys make a killing due to their marketing. Anyone can buy raw gold just like these guys. Why buy their gold that they've diluted by 1/2 to 3/4 with dirt when you can buy your own and not get ripped off?? The odds of you getting a "nice surprise, nice gold from Felix Paydirt, are the same as winning the lottery - it ain't gonna happen. Sorry, but its just not going to happen. And their claim that "Felix is the #1 Paydirt" is all self proclaimed.
 20th of Jan, 2012 by   drywasher49 +1 Votes
I've had some folks say that you are paying for the "experience" of panning out the gold that you receive, I can understand that, however, wouldn't you rather spend $100.00 on some flakes/pickers and throw in some dirt/gravel and have the same "experience" as paying Felix to salt you about $30.00 in gold and charge you $100.00??? Just makes no sense to this old timer. Felix is in the business to make money, he cannot give you dollar for dollar in gold for what you pay, he would go out of business, but what people pay to get his "gourmet gold" should be a crime. I see it as legal thievery, he knows he's sending you 30-40 cents on the dollar in gold, and thats OK??? Live & learn people, save your $$ and remember your pot o gold is NOT in a bag from Felix.
 29th of Jan, 2012 by   Gtrayler -2 Votes
It is a business. Why would they be in business if it were not for profit? Why would they do all the work and then send you all the gold for face value? Get real.
 30th of Jan, 2012 by   drywasher49 +1 Votes
I stated that they could not give you dollar for dollar in gold, that they would go out of business. They do all the work?? salting bags at 30 cents on the dollar is work, if so, I would be happy to "work" sending you 30 cents on the dollar for my "work". Been mining for 40 years, son that ain't work, thats love for what you're doing and picking peoples pockets with "salted gold" is most definitely not work, it is a business to make money for sure, a reasonable profit is expected, but this is just playing on poor folks who hope there going to get a reasonable return for their money, which ain't gonna happen. Get real ??? Wake up and smell the coffee son, even us old timers got to much horse sense for these "business people".
 23rd of Feb, 2012 by   Rowdyguns +1 Votes
Theres some pretty incredible boneheads out there. Any one that thinks that Felix is doing them any favors is beyond clueless. Why anyone would think that the "experience" of finding gold is worth the fees he charges is beyond comprehension. If you think this is normal business, normal and acceptable profit margins, you have zero business sense.I know this is hobby material, we do this for fun, but man, if you think paying $200 for $100 worth of gold, or $2000 for $1000 worth of gold(and I'm being generous with these figures) is OK, you've literally got money to burn. Sorry but Felixes gold is not twice as valuable as any other gold out there, which, if you look at all you will find raw gold for purchase at spot prices. Its really not that hard. They honestly could put a little more gold in their bags and make it almost a legitamate business, but greed steers these guys, period.

How to Save $500 by Christmas