logo

Mobile Draw True Move Company Thailand
on money award
3. (16 mins ago)
2-10 Home Warranty
Save your self hours and hours of frustration and disappointment
4. (17 mins ago)
Dr. Ptak
fat grafting and fat transfer
5. (23 mins ago)
Ocwen
Lies

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

FedEx Complaints & Reviews - FedEx is unreliable!

FedEx Contacts & Informations

FedEx

Posted:    DeLisa Chubb

FedEx is unreliable!

I have several issues with FedEx. I requested that a shipment not be delivered on the weekend because I would not be home. This was done on a Thursday. My packages were thrown over my gate and left in the weather on Saturday. I did not get home until late Sunday afternoon. This shipment was worth over $2000.00 and I had notified FedEx with sufficient time to reschedule the delivery they were also made aware of the value of the shipment when I requested the later delivery date.

My second problem is that I was supposed to have two packages delivered on this Saturday and no packages were delivered to me because it was raining and no attempt was made. At 5:04 P.M., the driver indicates that they had not attempted delivery due to weather. My package had been on the truck since 7:12 A.M. I understand that they wanted to get home and start their weekend, but that is not an excuse for not doing your job.

In conclusion, I have had my fill of their driver running over my mailbox, delivering my bank checks to my neighbor and just poor communications with respect to customer service. I will no longer order from companies that use FedEx as their only delivery option. FedEx is by far the worst delivery service that I have ever dealt with.

Comments United States Movement & Delivery
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of May, 2008 by   eric 0 Votes
it only takes me once to learn. i ordered flowers for my wife to be delivered between 9am and noon. we waited till after 11 before running off to a prior appointment. I live in an apartment complex and normally if someone isnt home they leave a note and drop it off in the office. After we came home at about 4:30pm we checked the office and i was dissappointed to not see her walk out with her flowers but when we got to our door we found it there. Just sitting there in the heat of at least 85 degrees with the box saying in big letters ProFlowers. I just think its commen sense to drop it off at the office instead of leaving it to the weather and possible theft or damage. ProFlowers is another company I will not suggest. I already complained to them but i cant find a complaint department in the fedex site. Let me know if anyone does find it.
 20th of Jun, 2008 by   christi 0 Votes
I totally agree with you they are no good. They think they are a good delivery company but they are crap. I live in Spain and I am English and Ihad murder today with the customers service dept in Madrid. I wrote a letter and I wanted to swear at the idiot who was useless, an idiot and very rude over the phone. I also wanted to know where my damn parcel was. Fedex made some cock up story saying they had delivered it but that was bull. I also discovered they have a sister company in Spain in the south called Chronoexpres I found out they had my parcel and Ihad to drive 10km to get it from the warehouse. A bloody DISGRACE thats what they are. Never again I swear. Anway here is the letter I sent to the dept.

To whom it may concern:
I am writing to Fedex in Spain and directing this message to the complaints department. Today I rang Fedex Madrid 4 times with regards to my missing package. I had been waiting for days and the parcel was sent from France.

I rang Madrid and a very rude customers service man named Jose Miguel Garcia I believe (unless he invented his name) attended my call. I wanted to track my parcel and he insisted that Fedex had tried 3 times to give me my parcel. This is NOT TRUE. The times he stated I was at home on all 3 days. Moreover I was NEVER left a note of any kind to say I had to pick it up in some warehouse. This man is a bad customers service person who has lied and lied further. He took all my details and promised me someone would call back to let me know how I could get my parcel.He never called back nor didhe pass this message on toanyone no instead he ignored it. He was also laughing at my expense and was very very rude. I rang back after 40 minutes and the same man Jose Miguel Garica picked upthe phone. He tried to deny he spoke to me but I remembered his voice very well.He still would not give me the details of how to get my parcel and was laughing further. This infuriated me and I warned him I would get to the bottom of this. I also let him know he was rude and should not make fun of clients which is what he did.

I finally got the address but through another salesperson called Reme Rodríguez who was very polite. But I am very very very annoyed still. This is because my parcel was never sent to me EVER. Also NO message of notice was ever left to warn me to pick it up. Lastly I had to drive 10km to discover it was in a stupid warehouse in Huelva Spain called Chronoexpres.

I am a very disatisfied customer and want compensation. The customer serviceman was of no help, he was rude and Fedex Madrid or Chronoexpres never sent me a notice to pick up my parcel EVER. I want this reported and I want this to finally reach the heads of dept in Madrid.

A very angry...

Tracking number:
 13th of Jul, 2009 by   x x x 0 Votes
Fedex "driver" drives up onto my muddy yard and leaves deep ruts. She was having difficulty driving the van truck, like the ones UPS has. When I confronted her, she acted like it was not a big deal, so she evidently does this a lot. I called Fedex and spoke with several people including Kelly Bishop, Customer Advocacy Department, in Ohio who was very nice and tried to help me. Ed in Tulsa, when he figured out it was not one of his drivers, told me he would find out who it was and call me right back. Big surprise...never called me back. It seems, if you have a problem with one of their trucks or drivers, you must know which kind of delivery service it was, and who know this unless you are an employee!! Never use Fedex and never will. I'm old and just wanted somebody to come and fix my yard back like it was.
 18th of Jul, 2009 by   Bilal Haji 0 Votes
. I had a shippment last year, thy phoned me but I was abroad that time, so I asked them keep on hold untill my return back, as they accepted. When I came back, the first thing I did to contact them, they said it was return back due to no-recepient found!!!
after meeting the management in this regard, he took the pledge to compensate the amount, and he apologized for the inconvenience, can you imagine it's over 8 months so far and I haven't received any thing, they says your cheque issuing under process!!! Am thinking to sue them
 11th of Sep, 2009 by   mcnanovich 0 Votes
They are the worst, first one they left the package outside my door in an apartment complex where anybody could stole it they did not even knock on the door. Second one they deliver my package last week and they gave the package to a strangerand the person signed under a false name, . Ive been calling customer service for 4 days now and they dont give a crap about it. They told me to make a claim to the company that send me the package because they dont know what happened!!! Are you kidding me FedEx!!!
 10th of Nov, 2009 by   DanB April18 0 Votes
I am luckier than most. I still have a job and am away from home during the day. Saturday, November 7, Monday, November 9 and again Tuesday, November 10 I came home to find a Fed Ex sticker on my front door. The tag has a place for me to sign authorizing the item to be left on my door step. The item was not left! I called the 800 number and was told by a sassy young lady in no uncertain terms "you'll have to pick it up yourself!" We are not going to deliver it again!!! I explained my situation and was promptly told the location I must travel to obtain this package is over 44 miles away from my home! You have other Fed Ex delivery and pick up locations much closer to my home. I asked why so far way and she said "that's too bad, but we can't help you.

Know this "customer no service": hell will freeze over before I ever use Fed Ex for anything ever again. From now on I will use UPS or any other carrier service.

The distance I have to drive to retrieve my package is one thing, but the scarcastic attitude of your employee is something else. I did not deserve to be spoken down to that way! I am an American Citizen, a veteran and I resent someone with no courtsey talking hateful to me the way she did!

It is obvious that politeness does not exist in Fed Ex!

Good Bye!

Dan Be
 25th of Mar, 2010 by   NullSociety 0 Votes
I have had the misfortune of having 2 packages delivered to my via FedEx in the last 2 weeks. Both Electronics. The first package sat at the sorting facility for 3 days (which is less then 200 miles from my house) before going to the distribution facility. Upon asking their Customer Service Department why it sat for so long they told me that because 3 day shipping was ordered I couldn't receive my package until the 3 day commitment time was up. The second Package which was supposed to be delivered by 4:30 was placed on the truck at 8:00am and is still on the delivery truck got postponed till the next day. Upon contacting FedEx Customer Service their answer was it happens sometimes. What kind of answer is that? I will never order from another company again that uses FedEx for shipments.
 25th of Mar, 2010 by   della9 0 Votes
I totally agree with you. Fedex drivers in MA, USA can't speak English, are rude, hostile and downright threatening.

Just today, March 2010, I complained to the Fedex 1 800 number and they passed me on to a supervisor, local to Beverly, MA. who spoke English and said complaints against drivers are taken seriously.

I am an older adult female, disabled, and I was insulted by a driver while walking my pet.

As customers of businesses, receiving our packages, there is no reason for Fedex drivers to threaten us!

Usually, the Fedex guys just leave the package at the door, sometimes requiring a quick signature on a pad, that does not always register the signature.

I felt so threatened by this guy, who could not speak english, that I am considering contacting the police department.

But this is not only the case with Fedex, some UPS drivers are the same way. There must be some trade group that overseas this type of misbehavior by drivers.
 25th of Mar, 2010 by   della9 0 Votes
I just wanted to add, that not speaking English is not the issue. There are many courteous people who do not speak English.

Package delivery companies need to learn that consumers can file lawsuits against the company for harassment and threatening behavior by their drivers.
 31st of Mar, 2010 by   kxhardcandykx 0 Votes
they suck the one that passes through here wont even bother kknocking on the door he just leaves the note saying that he missed me and ive seen them doin it across the street too they didnt knock they just left the notice
 28th of Apr, 2010 by   AKITA310 0 Votes
I AM TRULY UNSATISFIED WITH FEDEX SERVICE.
UPS GOTTEN SO MUCH BETTER IN SERVICE.

THEY ALL THE SUDDEN DECIDES NOT TO DELIVER MY PACKAGE.
I SPOKE TO THE REP TO ARRANGE APPT TIME DELIVERY, BUT THE DRIVER DECIDED TO JUST DROP OFF THE PACKAGE AT THE TERMINAL AND NEVER CALL OR DELIVER EVER AGAIN.

I CALL THE TERMINAL AND THE REP SAIDS "DELIVERY IS ALL BASED UPON THE DRIVER" NOT BY THE FEDEX RULES AND POLICY. WTF IS THAT?

AND NOW, HE SAYS HE WILL "TRY" TO HAVE THE DRIVER CALL ME BACK.

WHATTA f*** IS THAT?

SO, NOW I ASKED FOR THE MANAGER AND OFCOURSE HE DOESNT PICK UP THE CALL.

I HATE FEDEX.
 21st of May, 2010 by   Simple Simon the Duped 0 Votes
This was the second "Delivery Exeption: Customer not available or business closed" which is total BS as I checked tracking and it was on the vehicle for delivery at 9:30 AM. I waited all day by the door, checked outside several times, and there was no FedEx anything, no door tag. I wasted an entire day waiting for nothing, for the second time. Calling is also a waste of time as only the driver has the real story. Maybe it is a good time to start a reliable shipping service as it seems existing services are all falling apart.
 21st of May, 2010 by   Mayyone 0 Votes
My experience with Fedex was an unpleasantly horrid in China. I was told they called once hoping to explain custom delayed situation, but to no avail and never call again. This I found out after 1 mth later as I was still waiting for the parcel and after 2 phone calls to cust service, on my own accord. It has been 7weeks now ... all in all, I had called customer service 3x, wrote a complaint letter to their international complaint center once, called & sent email seeking for custom clearance status update to the 'servicing' person in China for numerous times, and no reply nor an explaination.

Just spoke to my CEO, we will not use Fedex in the future.

Also, am involve in the Media industry ... will be sharing my experience with broadcasters.

Fedex, my advise is to forget about all those advertising crap, save the money and brush up on your operations.
 16th of Jun, 2010 by   Ramona Caquias 0 Votes
FedEx is the worst service around, I was to receive a package at a business and it was left at the front door and now it has dissapeared. I was told by a fed ex representative that a signature is required when left at a business. Are these employees idiots or what? Theives or etc. What incompetent workers. I will never deal with FEDex again and I will share this information with everyone. use ups instead or regular mail.
 6th of Aug, 2010 by   Evesophia 0 Votes
I agree that FedEx is just plain irresponsible! I ordered a Dell mini-netbook and should have had it delivered to work. But I asked my neighbor instead if she would take the deliveries and she was very good about it! UPS was perfect. FedEx however, who Dell uses unfortunately, left a tag for a signature. I signed it and directed them to ring my neighbor's unit. The next day I asked my neighbor about the package and she said no one rang all day...she was home all day with her 2 little ones. And yet FedEx delivered the package at 9:43 am. After I called and complained and probably swore at them, one of the customer service guys said FedEx really only has to leave the package at the door if we sign the tag. I guess ringing another unit is beyond their physical capabilities. I'm still searching for my package. Hopefully the maintenance man saw this and put it in his office. But I have dozens of complaints for several years about how they just leave stuff at work. How can any delivery company just leave stuff? What's the matter with these people? There are crooks out there who steal stuff. Unfortunately, FedEx isn't the only delivery company that just leaves stuff. What horrific service!
 27th of Sep, 2010 by   seiya 0 Votes
Fedex is the worst company I have experienced in my life. The carrier did not follow my instruction to put my package to my leasing office. I called in 4 times to resolve the problem, at the end the representative Ann told me the carrier was not responsible for follow customer's instruction, and she hung me up for holding for 10 mins. I will never us Fedex again in my life.
 25th of Nov, 2010 by   Dziunyk 0 Votes
Used a Parcel Force Worldwide Global Express Service. Cost me a sum of £45 for documents to be delivered to Ukraine within 3 working days. Fair enough, I thought, quality costs money. Three days later my father gets a call from Fedex branch in Kyiv, who are apparently delivering on Parcel Force's behalf in Ukraine... The person calling (a man) had a very rude tone of voice to start with. He then said that because it is a town it is outside of Fedex area (why noone tells you that when you pay?) and that parcel might be sent back to sender because of this (like it's my fault they do not cover this region)
When asked if he can deliver it to Lviv, which is our regional centre, he said yes, but he doesn't know when...
I don't know what kind of people they are recruiting there, but it took me a call to Parcel Force customer service, waiting for a callback from them and a call from London to Kyiv branch of Fedex (with a lady who didn't even say good afternoon of or her name), to hopefully get the issue sorted. My mother who is 57 will now have to travel 2 hours each way just to pick up my "special delivery package"...

Outrageous!!!
 18th of Dec, 2010 by   d mapp 0 Votes
FedEx is not realiable. Per tracking number, they are supposed to deliver the package today at 9:30 am. I took half day off just wanted to receive the package urgently as the package is very important to me. They did not deliver the package. I wasted my half day off. Next, I checked the package by the given tracking number, the driver entered the message that no one was at home to receive the package. There was no notes left at the door as well as no driver pressed on the door bell as I was in the house for the entire morning just waiting for the package. They were lying and being dishonest. When I called to complaint the Corporate told they could deliver the package the next day or I have to pick up the package at the local station. These are the slogans of FedEx speedy, honest, accurate delivery! In fact, they can go to hell! They are playing with people life and time. In the first place I paid for the service but should not have gotten this kind of service from the FedEx.

Never! go with FedEx. I wish they go out of business!
 18th of Dec, 2010 by   wqq 0 Votes
Indian Speed Post is 10, 000 times better, reliable and economical than FedEx
 6th of Feb, 2011 by   pissed the eff off 0 Votes
Ive never had problems with Fed ex in my neighborhood before and would have probably chose them over UPS... Until recently! I had a package shipped to my pregnant friend and fed ex is the only carrier that the comapany uses. Well after delays, the package was delivered BUT NOT TO HER ADDRESS! we reached out to fed ex and a tracer was placed on the package. We were lucky, the driver remembered that he delivered the package to another address which was in another town and zipcode, over 10miles away. He was going to pick up the package and return it to the correct recipient. TWO DAYS LATER, STILL NO PACKAGE!

Top Holiday Toy Safety Tips 2010