logo

Bid4assets.com
Untrustable place
2. (30 mins ago)
LG refrigerator
Anyone who bought an LG Refrigerator has run into this problem
3. (1 hr 26 mins ago)

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Federal Student Aid, Inc., Alabama Complaints & Reviews - FAFSA.com

Federal Student Aid, Inc. Contacts & Informations

Federal Student Aid, Inc.

Posted:    Patty

FAFSA.com

FAFSA.com
Alabama
fafsa.com
Thought this was the educational site to fill out a FAFSA form. This site wants you to pay 79.99 at end of application. You have already divulged all of your information including SS#, DOB and other information. I did not pay the cost and I want my information taken from that site. What do I need to do?
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Feb, 2009 by   Justin -1 Votes
Don't know what you can do. Chalk it up to being uneducated about the web. Every letter must be entered correctly in a URL. The site you were looking for is http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. Most government websites end with .gov. Glad you didn't pay the money. You could contact them and ask if they would remove your personal information from there servers.
 5th of Feb, 2009 by   lovie2000 -2 Votes
First of all any government agencies will have dot gov at the end not com

which is just about what happened to you...scammed, cunned, and had.

Be very careful on the internet, especially with url entries.

And just remember anything dealing with a government entity ends with dot gov
 21st of Feb, 2010 by   mosho92 +1 Votes
FAFSA.com may be an "approved" fee-based alternative, but they do implement some shady practices. For one, there is no price list at the beginning to let users know that the service is not free. Users wont be alerted that the service costs upwards of $100 until they have already invested their time and sensitive personal information. This is what is called a bait and switch. Secondly, for those who may have accidentally started on fafsa.com instead of fafsa.ed.gov, there is no way to delete your account and remove your private information from their database.

Most legitimate businesses are transparent in what they offer and what it will cost the user. If fafsa.com's service is indeed valuable and in demand, there would be no reason to hide the costs from the user. And if fafsa.com was indeed confident that users would find their site helpful, there would be no reason to make it impossible to remove sensitive data and close their account.
 18th of Mar, 2010 by   dontliketobescammed 0 Votes
It's amazing how their website is set up just like the real FAFSA website. I just went through the same process and realized at the end that this was not the government website. Really scary, after entering all of the sensitive information, to find out that you can't delete your account. I did call the agency and asked them to delete my account, and they said they would. I am supposed to get an e-mail in a couple of days stating that it has been deleted. I already cannot access my account anymore over the internet. I can only hope that none of this information will be passed on to some other scammers. Dumb mistake on my part. Hope I won't have to pay for it in the future.
 29th of Dec, 2010 by   concern_citizen 0 Votes
I have done all above things and I found at the end that it was not fafsa.gov. Immediately, I tried to delete or cancel my account, there is no such an option. I selected tech support. Guess it was just a picture button and the text box. When you press to submit, it doesn't do anything. I logged in to my account and edit all the information I put in including social, address, income etc. except email address. That was the end of them. I culd be able to do this, because I did not complete the application. I did not pay either. Legitimate looking 100% scam. Wow! Why someone would pay them that you already do everything.
 21st of Jan, 2011 by   BiancaOrgs 0 Votes
If you call up the company, at 1-866-550-5120, they can delete your account for you. While I found the experience frustrating they were very understanding and removed my account with ease. I was told it would take a full day but overall am not unpleased with their service when asking to have my account removed. I can't imagine it's not something that happens to them many times a day.
 17th of Feb, 2011 by   William_Moore 0 Votes
First, yes, I began filling out the application for fafsa.com. After my mother pointed out my error I went back and changed all my financial information by altering each line then selecting "finish later" at the bottom of the page. I do not know if they still have my 'original' information, but I did not submit the form nor pay the fee. I hope this helps.
 24th of Feb, 2011 by   JerseyMikes 0 Votes
Dear Mary Fallon,

The original complaint wasn't that you charge on your website or that your website is a 'scam'. They were simply asking how to delete their account. So by you defending your company and not actually answering the question posed at the top of this page, you make your company look even worse. The complainant did not ask for a refund, so why are you telling her about a refund? You're making your company look bad by trying to defend them.
 28th of Mar, 2011 by   DLH33 0 Votes
Same as others- called the company to remove our information and was told they couldn't find our name. This company needs to make it possible to remove your sensitive information if you don't want to go forward with them. And, the page where you can send an e-mail to the company does not work. Just hoping our identities are not stolen.
 29th of Jun, 2011 by   SonnyRed 0 Votes
Don't know what website you guys saw but after my daughter told me she paid $67 to fill her form I immediately went to the site and called the FAFSA.ed.com to report it. They indeed verified that it is not a scam agency and that it is professional assistance. The site had displayed clearly in several places that they are not part of the department of education and it also states that you can advisory services for as little as $79. She called to cancel and they charged her a $10 fee although the form was not submitted. I didn't even think about the sensitive information being part of the database, guess she has another call to make. Some people use TurboTax to file a 1040EZ, I guess everyone is entitled to offer redundant services and make a living.

Few Tips How to Buy a Foreclosure