logo

FAST TRACK COURIER SERVICES MALAYSIA
FAKE SCAM PARCEL DELIVERY
2. (1 mins ago)
ClickBetter.com
They haven’t returned any of the money.
3. (3 mins ago)
SUV System Ltd
Impossible to reach these bastards
4. (9 mins ago)

familylink.com

Posted:    familylink.com sucks

Scam

family link, inc
This site is a complete scam! I thought I would be charged $3.95/month but they took $94.80 from my account without my permission!
They have no 'support' that I can tell, as I've emailed multiple times with no reply, and just sit on hold on their phone forever. I'm on disability and need this money to pay for my medication! How can they remove money from my account without my authorization? This site needs to get shut down for scamming honest Americans!
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More familylink.com complaints
familylink.com - Fraudulent claims

Comments

25th of Sep, 2010 by   jenan 0 Votes
yeah, they make it easy to sign up for a "trial" run but don't give info on cancelling acct. SCAM
 27th of Dec, 2010 by   smart_girl 0 Votes
If you read the fine text you will see that it clearly states that after the 3 day trial you will be billed in a one off payment of the full amount for the full term subscription, unless you choose option 3 which is the 12.95 monthly payment option. You need to always carefully read the finer print before you type in your personal and card details and always make sure it's a secure payment site or has the paypal option below.

Better luck next time =).
 17th of Apr, 2011 by   PeterSandgate 0 Votes
familylink is a scam! The terms and conditions say you can cancel your three day trial by sending an email, but when you do you get an automated response saying you have to call. Also, they don't have anything like the amount of data they claim and really only cover the US. If your card is debited try complaining to your bank that the debit is fraudulent.
 28th of May, 2011 by   loovulkats 0 Votes
The email I saw had a statement underneath the monthly fee stating they would bill you for the entire length of the contract in the beginning. I think you just overlooked it. It would be fairly easy to miss and it was in a lighter shade of color and a smaller font.
 3rd of Aug, 2011 by   Bruce Steer 0 Votes
My "Free" Trial cost me a small amount of money immediately and the results were non-existent, nothing, nihil. I have had to cancel my card as I have no doubt that their "fine print" that I "overlooked" allows them to keep stealing my money whilst delivering no service whatsoever
 9th of Aug, 2011 by   consumerawareness 0 Votes
It looks like the Terms and Conditions (http://www.familylink.com/tos) lists that only international customers can cancel via email by including information about where they live (Name, Email, Phone Number with country code, and Country).

Smart_girl has some bits of wisdom there. Also be sure you know what you are agreeing to and how to cancel BEFORE entering credit card details. Once credit card details are entered you have agreed to the Terms of Service and billing of the credit card as per those TOS.
 5th of Sep, 2011 by   Dragon Rider 0 Votes
I asked to cancel within 1 day of the trial and yet they still took a payment. I have contacted my card provider as I have record of emails and phone calls (which never got answered but on one I did leave a message to cancel and not take further payment). If necessary I will ask my card provider to step in. If it isn't a scam I depair, as this is the second US company that has behaved this way!
 21st of Dec, 2011 by   blpre2004 0 Votes
this website is just a link to other sites that charge, and if free, you could have found them yourself, they automatically charge when
you sign up for thirty days. ancestry.com and familysearch.org are better, and they give you information, not just a link, the absolute worst website for genealogy.
 13th of Mar, 2012 by   deniese 0 Votes
I also entered into a 3 day free trial. I used the site for that day but found that it did not have much on it so I did not think any more about it assuming that I would get 3 days free trial and then my details would be deleted if I chose not to continue. But no, instead I got charged US $71.40 on my credit card! I have emailed them but no response. I have spoken to the bank and will have to cancel my card to ensure no futher payments be taken out.I have used other sites like Ancestory.com where they advertise free trial period and have had no problems. This site needs to be blacklisted!
 22nd of Oct, 2012 by   James minder 0 Votes
I ordered for 30 day period and cannot get any information at all. This site is nothing
but a scam. It would not even say i was alive.

Thanks

lonewolfbluesjames
;
 15th of Mar, 2014 by   Simon S 0 Votes
Familylink.com is a complete scam - you sign-up and try to cancel but you can't. They try and charge you for a year's subscription and this will keep on going to you cancel - but of course you can't cancel DON'T DO IT!!!

Tricks of the Trade: Car Dealers