logo

Arise
scam
2. (0 mins ago)
PayFlex Systems USA, Inc
Refusal to pay after submitting appropreciate docs
3. (0 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

Fraud and cheating

Falls Church Motors
fallschurchmotors.com
I visited Falls Church Motors on April 30, 2008. Darrell 'Doc' Freeman introduced himself. We talked briefly and made our way to the lot. The choice was made on a 1990 Toyota 4Runner. BAD CHOICE. I mentioned to Mr. Freeman that I thought the engine was rather loud, and upon making a sharp left turn, the axel made a loud clicking noise. I also mentioned that the oil pressure gage was rather low. I was assured by Mr. Freeman that this was normal.

On or about July 17, 2008, The vehicle blew a head gasket. Now I'm no mechanic but I do know that when fluids in a vehicle get below a certain point, some sort of warning sign will go off to let you know that there will be a problem soon. When oil gets low, it is usually followed by a little red picture of an oil container somewhere on the dash. In this case no warning signs of any sort went off at all.

Truck blew a head gasket. I requested a loaner car but was declined. Forced to rent a car for three weeks, which cosed over $600.00. If that isn't enough, I was forced to pay $500.00 for the repair on the truck. They also thought that they were being Saints by knocking $500.00 of the price of the truck when I bought it because the sunroof didn't work. That means nothing because when it rains, I get rained on through the sunroof. I was told there was nothing they could do.

I attempted to try and trade the vehicle in and found out that the vehicle was considered TMU. I found this to be True Miles Undetermined. I also found that this vehicle shouldn't been sold. So now I'm stuck in a piece of crap for a car that I can't get out of, and no dealer wants to touch it because of this TMU rating. Please tell anybody, and everybody you know not to go to Falls Church Motors.
Comments United States Car Dealers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Nov, 2009 by   anonymous_one 0 Votes
I also made the mistake of going to Falls Church Motors. The very morning after I left the dealership at about 9pm on 10/12/09 I found out that the timing belt was bad. They fixed this problem. I had bought a convertable and was not told of there being any leaking, when it rained, literally rained inside my car. My seats were soaked for days. They refuse to fix this. 5 days after buying the car I parked in a parking garage 30 minutes away from home to come out and find that the break lines were bad and I had no breaks in my car at all. They also fixed this problem, but created a new problem that makes my breaks click whenever you have to slow down. They tried to tell me my rotors were bad and that I had to pay to fix them so I got a second opinion. My second opinion stated that there was now a problem with the ABS sensors on one of the tires. The dealership denys any fault and refuses to fix this without my paying for it first. On top of everything, I went to pick up my hard tags and was given tags with no month sticker making my tags invalid. I was told they were be overnighted to me so I'd have them before the temp tags expire...they didn't come. I had to pay someone else to drive back to falls church (30 minute drive) to pick up my month sticker. I also found out that the car was sold for $1000 over kelly blue book value if the car was in exellent condition, which it obviously isn't. The car was also never put through the service department before it was sold and was in desperate need of an oil change. They did do the oil change, but then assumed me they were also going to check the other fluids to make sure there was no other problems. The next day my light came on saying to check fluids. There was no coolant in the car at all. This is probably the worse experience I've ever had anywhere I've ever been and I urge anyone else to avoid buying there at all costs.
 15th of May, 2010 by   Ebony16 0 Votes
OMG... I also had the similar problems with my Ford, Tauras. When I went into the dealership I was greeted by Shane Knight. I should have known it was to good to be true. I only put 200.00 dollars for a down payment. Not even three months after I got the car my transmission went out & I had to get it towed. Luckly it was covered ubder my extended warranty. I had to pay a 100.00 dollar deductible for a used transmission that was about 1500.00 dollars on the receipt. Not to long after that it started to get cold outside. I went to turn on the heat in the car. I worked for a little while but then started to blow out cold air. I spoke with Steve their machanic.He told me to bring it in. The engine just needed to be flushed. This same problem occurred about three more times. And Steve told me the samething, I needed to flush the engine. Not long after all thge flushing. My car began to overheat. He told me I need a new resorvior. To bay him a 100.00 deductible and he would fix it. I told that was ok. I went to the ford dealership and brought a new resorvior because the old one was cracked. I had mt husband change it because it was a minor job. Not long after that the car began to smoke when I drove. When I took thecar back to Steve he informed me that my headgasket was bad. I asked him how much it would cost to fix it. He then told me that it would cost close to 1500.00 dollars or better to fix it because my warranty had expired. I then got a second opinion from my regular mechanic who has never did me wrong. I told him what happened. He told me that because Steve kept flushing my engine, it pur pressure on the head gasket which caused it to go bad. I told them I would no longer make payments on a car that wasn't drivable. And also because they caused the problem. They then offered to put me in another vehicle. They would give me a 1000.00 dollars for trading the car back with them. However, the previous balance I owed on the Tauras would go over to the new loan. I told them they were crazy. They went thru the whole motions and took me to court. They still didn't get any money from me but it is on my credit. Please people do not make the same mistakes I made. Do your research first before you invest your many with these company. Check them on the Better Business Bureau.
 19th of Oct, 2010 by   Tish1024 0 Votes
I have had similar encounters with Falls Church Motors. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by Doc Freeman in May of 2009. It seemed all fine and dandy until a week later I started having issues.
It started with my clutch, a/c not working, ignition issues, and many other things going wrong. I was so disappointed, even though they fixed everything to some extent. It kept me off the road at least one week of every month. WHAT DID I BUY A CAR FOR????????????????
I had just had a newborn and my freaking A/C went out again!! I am so disgusted with the way they DON'T invest in their merchandise, and really have no regard for the well being of their consumer's safety.
IF YOU NEED A VEHICLE FOR JUST ONE MONTH AND DON'T MIND MOUNTING BAD DEBT ON A HORRIBLY FINANCED DEAL, THEN FALLS CHURCH MOTORS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!!!
 21st of Dec, 2012 by   Benohah 0 Votes
Falls Church Motors = Rock Hill Motors (Front Royal)
They are passing vehicles from one place to an others... Same people...
 21st of Dec, 2012 by   Benohah 0 Votes