logo

Chrysler Pacifica
Sub frame rust
2. (37 mins ago)
jcappoc.com
My order is still in process and seller ignores me
3. (45 mins ago)
www.theworknumber.com
I hate this service...customers last
4. (55 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

Obviously is a hoax

Fafsa.com
www.fafsa.com
Fafsa.com is obviously a hoax because it charges for the financial aid. When I realized it, I went back to change my information to try and prevent identity theft. I could change everything except the social security number. They essentially kept it and were not going to give it back. There was no box to edit it. It was as if I had not entered it before. Try to submit a fake application, and see if you can edit your social security number. You won't be able to.

Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Feb, 2008 by   Peter Jounten -1 Votes
It is really a hoax---Don't touchit.
 27th of Mar, 2008 by   Unhappy Dad 0 Votes
I too hate FAFSA.COM they duped me out of $79.99 just like so many other people. You can really tell what slimy people they are because they give you no way to contact them. They hide behind the internet and take unexpecting parents money and provide no service. Their sole purpose is to line their own pockets!
 20th of May, 2008 by   Jana 0 Votes
I realized that they charged as well. I was able to go back and change my social security though. I just put in random numbers.
 21st of May, 2008 by   Jenny 0 Votes
The website states that they are a private company and that there is a fee. I was not misled at all by that. It didnt feel duped or ripped off. It seems like a a great service for anyone who hates to file a fafsa on thier own. Most of the questions on the application are confusing and hard for most people to answer correctly. they are not a scam.
 7th of Jun, 2008 by   Scott 0 Votes
Jenny - the fafsa.com site asks the same exact questions as the one at fafsa.ed.gov. So why pay $79.99 to fill it out unless you're an imbecile?
 25th of Aug, 2008 by   Xynquat -2 Votes
You earthlings are a simple and obtuse people.Be warned. The day of wreckoning shall be upon you soon enough. Come 2012, the beings of my planet shall return to put an end to this prolonged experiment you like to call planet Earth. We live amongst you humans, and you are all too foolish to realize that you are not even in control of your own lives. Distracted by your own creations, egos, and failures, You humans have entertained us enough. Just as we control your lives now and always have since the dawn of mankind, we also hold the power to take it. And we intend to do so. There's no escaping the inevitable. Nibiru returns in 2012.
 3rd of Sep, 2008 by   BNICOLE 0 Votes
Yes I got dupped by the fasfa.com too. Some of us never filed before and didnt realize there were two different sites and that you shouldnt have to pay.. I just called to get my money back and she said she cant give my money back because it already went through. Man that P****** ME OFF!

1800-750-3446 is the number that showed up on my statement for that transaction...

FAFSA.COM IS BAD

FAFSA.ORG IS GOOD
 4th of Nov, 2008 by   Anna -1 Votes
They are bullcrap! dont do it i made this mistake... Please tell me they didnt steal anyones identity!!! i just noticed it wasnt what i thought an hour ago! please help!!! will they let me delet my acount i havent even finished the application i dont need my mom lossing money!
 16th of Nov, 2008 by   lena 0 Votes
I hate this site, i feel very sad and dumb, its my first time fillin it out, and i put there my social, im so scared of identity theft
 5th of Feb, 2009 by   lovie2000 -1 Votes
First of all Xynquat your are ignorant, dumb, stupid, and all of the above.

Take that mess somewhere else, if the world ends in 2012, gues what your are going too.

For the person that submitted the complaint, do not use anything dealing with a government entity if it does not end with dot Gov

Why pay for services that you can do for free yourself, without the hassle of potential fraud, identity theft and much more.

www.fasga.gov
 5th of Feb, 2009 by   lovie2000 +1 Votes
 20th of Mar, 2009 by   Almosed Scamed Too 0 Votes
"In fact, the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 reaffirmed that by law professional, fee-based FAFSA preparers are an alternative to doing the FAFSA by yourself for free on the Dept. of Education Web site."

WOW! She actually wrote that the HEOA can't stop fafsa.com because despite the fact that fafsa.com is a scam that charges money when you can alternately do it for free on the proper website ~ fafsa.com is, in fact, legal.

Just remember, MOST of what destroyed the entire financial industry was also legal. That doesn't make it moral, ethical, or just.
 31st of Mar, 2009 by   Mr. Hyde 0 Votes
And the phone number is bogus.. Nice.
My wife just fell for this and now I am trying to find a way to cancel it.
 5th of Apr, 2009 by   Big Money Big Dreams -1 Votes
No one is scamming anyone you guys are just retards, read the website before you put in personal information it doesnt claim to be the government anywhere, and if you think that paying for a professional service is a scam then stop paying people to do your taxes, its the same concept.
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by   krys -1 Votes
I accidentally went on fafsa.com rather than fafsa.ed.gov, as well. However, they're basically just helpers, similar to H&R Block when it comes time to file your taxes. I called the people and asked if I could cancel it, and the man was very helpful, canceled my payment, and also advised that since I was unable to afford the payment, to at least see an adviser of financial aid at my school, because the government does cheat kids out of money they need quite often.

They really are nice people. Stop being dipshits because you were too dumb to question the fact that FAFSA was charging you.
 26th of May, 2009 by   Tricked by FAFSA.COM -1 Votes
I believe the site is misleading. If they are going to charge me. Charge me up front not after I have spent an hour filling out their form. If they are honest they would require your charge card immediately. They bank on the fact that you have already spent a lot of time and will not back out.

This is deceptive even for those of you who claim it is a great service. It may be but don't waste my time then when I am at 95% complete ask for my credit card.
 26th of May, 2009 by   stupidpplsuck 0 Votes
Of all you people that say they hate the service that FAFSA.com provides, how many of you pay someone to do your taxes? Because OMG YOU CAN DO THAT FOR FREE!!!11 And the site has the same questions!11
 26th of May, 2009 by   Tracy -2 Votes
LOL about taking us out in 2012. I've heard that before and thought his/her/its post was cute.

People should learn to read before they fill in forms indiscriminately. Colleges will tell you which site to go to enter the info.

It's not the site's fault you are all ignorant and went to the wrong site. Next time, read before you sign on the dotted line. Makes me wonder how you will do in college???!!!
 14th of Aug, 2009 by   JRHelp -1 Votes
ALRIGHT GUYS.
http://www.FAFSA.com is NOT fradulent. You guys need to not say that about the site.

Http://www.FAFSA.GOV.EDU is the governments website, it is free to apply and is the OFFICIAL site. BUT, FAFSA.COM is still a real and helpful site. They charge you a $79.99 for profesional HELP and SERVICES. They are not out there stealing identification or other personal information, they are simply providing a service and if you choose to use it it will cost you a fee.

Now I agree that I would have prefered to use FAFSA.edu.gov but its to late now and actually knowing that I am paying for something real is OK. Please, stop posting that this is a fradulant site when it isnt. No one is ripping you off, the website name is a little misleading being called FAFSA.com but it is in no way, shape, or form a fake site there to steal information.

Want to do it on your own for free, then go to http://www.FAFSA.gov.edu

Want to do it with a professional looking over your work, then go to http://www.FAFSA.com
 17th of Nov, 2009 by   plain&simple 0 Votes
In response to MFallon.
"The Higher Education Opportunity Act creates a simplified, 2-page Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form for low-income students and requires the current 7-page FAFSA to be phased out for all applicants in 5 years. The legislation also creates several pilot programs to investigate new ways of simplifying the financial aid application process."
source- http://themiddleclass.org/bill/higher-education-opportunity-act-2008
Article- www.ed.gov/heoa

Nowhere in the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 does it say anything about there being an "alternative" fafsa application. In fact, it says "Free Application"

No legitimate scholarship or financial aid application should ask you to pay a fee or give credit/debit information.

"Our fees are modest - $79.99 to $99.99"
If the site was legit and if enough students paid that fee, FAFSA.com would actually rake in more cash than it handed out.

Most legitimate financial aid sites do not need to defend themselves on forums, Mary Fallon., especially on forums as obscure as this one. Real FAFSA never had to defend its credibility.

Want to do it on your own for free, then go to http://www.FAFSA.gov.edu

Want to do it with a leech stealing your identity, then go to http://www.FAFSA.com

The Lice Lady's Tips to Keep Your Child Lice Free