logo

Arise
scam
2. (0 mins ago)
PayFlex Systems USA, Inc
Refusal to pay after submitting appropreciate docs
3. (0 mins ago)
Unethical business practice

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Eyemart Express, Montgomery, Alabama Complaints & Reviews - defective eye glasses

Eyemart Express Contacts & Informations

6520 Atlanta HWY, Space 201
Montgomery, Alabama
Phone: 334-260-6100
eyemartexpress.com
I bought eye ware from eyemart express, upon close inspection i found a spot & one lens protruded of of the frame on one edge, so i return the glasses for repairs, my wife picked up the new glasses & i tried them on & notice a blue trailing line & Blur, so i again returned the glasses to the store to be told i might have eye disease such as glaucoma & my old glasses had tint, & my need tint in the new glasses, so i informed Mr Vernon Robinson i had two pair glasses, one with tint & one pair without & my vision was clear in both pair glasses & i had just had a eye exam.
it seam these people will tell you any lie, to keep from giving you a refund
Comments United States Vision, Glasses, Lenses
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Feb, 2010 by   poundsandupurazz +1 Votes
If I were you I would contact the Home Office in this matter. They need to know what`s going on. There # is 1-800-755-3936 ask for Tracy Marr. If you can not get in touch with her try Jonathon Herscowitz at 972-467-8974 his cell # he is the President of Eyemart Express.
 2nd of Feb, 2010 by   poundsandupurazz +1 Votes
I agree with the complaint.
 8th of Feb, 2010 by   mindsweeper +1 Votes
I went into the office. I paid $150.00 for 1-pair of glasses. The eye doctor is separate. I paid $90.00 for an exam for glasses & contacts. The doctor put me into a trial pair of contacts. And is now holding my eye prescription hostage. She will not release it unless I go back into the office. I have never had that done before. It is ridiculous. I called corporate and talked to a nice lady that said she was not over the doctor office. So I am screwed, I either go back to a place I am not happy with or go to Walmart and pay someone else for the exam.

Julie Isaac
Ohio
 20th of Feb, 2010 by   poundsandupurazz +1 Votes
Sounds like you need some help here. The Gentleman in charge of all the Dr`s for Eyemart Express travels alot so you would have to call his cell phone but he can settle your problem for you. Dr.T .Patera is his name and his # is (402)639-7435. If anyone can help you Dr. Patera can.
 22nd of Mar, 2010 by   Tony Morphis +1 Votes
I just recently went to eye mart due to the commerial, they offered 2 pair of glasses for $119.00 no lines is 20.00 dollars more, man was that a ripe off...the eye examine was $69.00 and something, then he didn't want 2 pair, so we ask since he didn't want 2 pair if I could use the other 1 the ladies working there didn't seem to know what I was talking about then they decided that they could work us a deal out, man was that a load of crap too. they couldn't make up their mind on what to charge us, first it was $169.00 on mine complete, since I had my examine test with me and didn't get the examine done there at their office, then the on lady that was helping me just out of the blue left, leaving me to have to be waited on by a lady that didn't speak good english, gee that was a night mare from...she made up a price going to cost me over $300.00 for a pair so I just told her to forget it.
But my boyfriend needed glasses bad, you ought to have seen the frames they offered to him as their specaial, I wouldn't want the frames for my dog let alone letting him wear them as his glasses everyday, come on now get real they looked like frames someone that didn't have good sence would wear.. any way I found some frames that looked halfway decent on him but as it goes it wasn't in the price line in what they had offered, I hadn't ever seen anything like this in my life they couldn't get anything right, they charged us the wrong price for his glasses then he couldn't see out of them, crap that was $389.59 wasted if I had that kind of money to just throw away I would have just rather throwed it out the window, their commecial is bull crap and they need more help with people that knows what they are doing and not just guessing at prices they just come off the wall with I don't like false avertisement, looks like they could be a law against this ... I want answers and I want them now since I can't get the place to get any thing done...Thank you, Tony Morphis, Ms
 3rd of Apr, 2010 by   dcapps +1 Votes
I bought a pair today. Cost me almost 300.00. When I picked up my glasses I noticed the display pair was not there. When I asked if I was being sold the display pair I was told no and that if I wanted to order a new pair it would take 7 to 10 days. When I asked to see the display pair I was told that they were "probably sold". In addition, the glasses I bought blurred my vision more than without. I was told to wait a few days to adjust. Called my doctor who said that was ridiculous. Just a real shady customer service experience. Customer service and employee attitudes are good indicators of a company's internal structure. If my experience is typical, I doubt the company will stay in business long especially with Wal Mart getting into the business.

David
El Paso TX.
 3rd of Jun, 2010 by   dustinlymond +1 Votes
The people in this store had no idea what they were doing. Nobody knew the cost of anything. Nobody could tell me why my bifocals line is in the middle of my vision. The lady "adjusted it" as low as it would go until the middle part touched my nose. Then she told me to just wear it on the tip of my nose. Great lady, now I can't see things far away. Flat out refused to give me a refund. I left the glasses with her and will be canceling payment on that credit card. They will get NOTHING from me. I went to this place around the corner that had been there a while - and guess what? No problems. Stay away from this place.
 10th of Jul, 2010 by   Blurry on the Right 0 Votes
I bought two pair of glasses. One pair I can not read out of the right lens. The other pair the right lens is a little blurry. I took them back and told them that I was having problems seeing out of the right side and I thought it was because they did not get the bifocal placed incorrectly. They said it was fine and that I should go back to the doctor (a doctor different that the one in the store). The guy at Eyemart must have thought that I was stupid because when I told him I was having problems reading from the right lens he said "how do you know that". I said because when I cover my left eye, everything on the page is blurry. He said "our eyes are designed to work as a pair and that is probably the problem." HELLO!!! Why does the doctor cover one eye when he is giving me an eye exam? It is because even though most of they time our eyes to work together, we SHOULD be able to see out of each eye clearly. I did not tell him that because he must be the stupid one to even think that I would beleive that nonsense. So, I am thinking of going to another place to get glasses that work. I think they have seen the last of my business.
 27th of Jul, 2010 by   Alfieboo12 0 Votes
I also went into Eye-Mart Express because of the commercial. I paid close to $400.00 for two pairs of no line progressive, light lenses. Not what I expected. One pair of glasses was unattractive due to a thicker lens for the right eye. This has never happened before. I was given the wrong advice about the other pair of glasses I purchased. I asked for prescription sun glasses. What I got was tinted no uv protection. Pricy and I had to wait 4 hours, I was out of town and had to wait for them. Obviously disappointed I will never return to purchases here again.
 22nd of Nov, 2010 by   disgusted423 +1 Votes
WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO TRUTH IN ADVERTIZING?
 20th of Dec, 2010 by   Gruee Queen +1 Votes
I went into the Walzem road store in San Antonio for the 2 pair of bifocal special. After waiting in line for at least 3 hours, I was finally helped. I had already chosen the cheap glasses frames for this deal, so it was a matter of filling out the paperwork; still it took a long time. I was called 10 days later and told they were finally ready! I waited a few days as I could not get away for the 1/2 day trip. When I got there and had to wait another 3 hours, the stupid ho who finally waited on me had no idea there were 2 pairs. She did not know what it meant on the ticket, 1 of 2, or 2 of 2!!! How stupid is that? So I had driven 45 miles ONE WAY to be told the second pair was not ready!!! Another trip! I could not wear the first pair. They gave me migraines. I struggled with this for weeks. When I went back for the second pair, I returned the first pair for reinspection. They fiddled with this and that, but again, I could not wear them without migraines. And it took 2 weeks for just the first pair!!! This situation was played out again and again as I struggled to get reading glasses I could wear.

I returned several times and received the same stupidity and waste of my time. Each trip took at least 3 hours waiting. I finally got ticked off and demanded the number of the president. I was finally given the name of the district manager after, again, over an hour of F****** around. I raised hell with the Distric Manager, told her this was completley unprofessional and unacceptable. She begged me to give them another chance, said to take a free pair of glasses. I was very reluctant, as I just didn't want to deal with these morons anymore. I did choose a pair of sunglasses, which seem to be okay. However, neither of the pairs of reading glasses have ever been useable. I mean days of migraines!!! Days of lost work, no social life, and dangerous drugs to fight the pain, not to mention the outrageous cost of the meds, $45.00 each pill! I need at least 2 pills per day, sometimes as many as 4. This situation dragged on for over 16 months.

I was told the glasses had been filled according to the prescription, so I went back to the doctor a few more times, even changing doctors. I went back to single vision, no bifocals, thinking that may have created the problems. Well, still I got migraines. The man who changed the prescriptions for me did give me another pair of regular glasses instead of refunding the difference between bifocals and regular readers. They give me migraines!!!

I finally went in and said just match the old glasses prescription. Well, the manager wanted to charge me $40 per pair!! Hello!!! I am reusing their crappy ugly cheap assed frames. That is the price of their sale when they use new frames!!! Not my fault the damned glasses didn't work. Then she relented and said she would charge me $10.00 a pair. She fixed one pair, but again!! The stupid moron who does the work did not KNOW there was a second pair, so he didn't fix them. I waited across the street, telling the manager to call me when the second pair was ready. I went back when called, and the ugly cow who was there refused to honor the deal the manager and I had agreed on. She again wanted $40 a pair. I went ballisitic. Further, the damned glasses were wrong!!! I left both pair and went home. I found this website, called the presidents office, and was contacted by him. I explained the situation, he apologized profusely, said someone would call me. He did, we discussed the situation, and he mailed the glasses to me. I put them on and immediately got seasick and felt a migraine coming on!!! The one pair looked like there were ripples across the lens, like looking through an old glass window, the second pair was even worse.

I don't know what the hell is the problem with these folks and their inability to grind a lens correctly, or to run their stores with any efficiency. I will NEVER dealwith them again, and further, I will tell EVERYONE how lousy they are! I also plan to file a grievance with the Texas Attorney General's Office. I have never had a problem with Pearle Vision or anyone else I have dealt with. Just these morons, and as Forrest Gump says, "You can't fix stupid." there is no hope.
 6th of Jan, 2011 by   dancin fool +1 Votes
Raw deal. Paid too much. Bait & switch, thought I would be paying only $29 for 2 pair and ended up costing $420. I looked at the tallie which the sales girl hid and found they added extra $50/pair 1 and $30 for 2nd pair for lens warranty, but they advertise free warranty. When I asked about this, she said it was for the lens warranty but no the frame which was free. I did not ask for the warranty, they just added it in without my approval. While I was there another person was complaining he could not see out of the glasses and they immediately said he must go back to see his doctor, that it was a wrong prescription. I left and did not go back.
 7th of Jan, 2011 by   Gruee Queen +1 Votes
Good for you!!! that is the same crp they tried to pull on me!! And now they are advertising single visions for $20.00! they wanted to charge me $40/pair to fix their screw ups!! Do not ever go there! I still have not heard about my complaint and it has been 2 months since I filed it with corporate, and they have never returned the calls.
 7th of Jan, 2011 by   Gruee Queen +1 Votes
RIP OFF ARTISTS!! GROSSLY INCOMPETENT
 14th of May, 2011 by   wowmom10 0 Votes
I had a lot of complaints from them at a certain office in Austin, Texas. Terribly customer service and product. So I tried another office. Not untill I called the president of the company did I receive the proper treatment of a customer and they made it right! I was very satisfied once I notified the top man...which I shouldn't have had to do. But...the Round Rock Office was so so friendly, treated me as a customer should be treated, helped me pick out my glasses, gave me true opinions on shape and color. I couldn't have asked for a more pleasant experience. They even gave me 2 pair of glasses to replace the one pair!!! with progressive lens! I felt like I got the Royal Treatment. Thanks to Michelle, Liz and Chris the lab tech. You guys rock!
 14th of Sep, 2011 by   ext warrenty rip off 0 Votes
i bought my son a pair for over 300.00 and they asked me if i would like to purchase a extended warrenty so i did because i figured they would get broke and when i called them to see about getting them repaired they told me they didnt sale extended warrentys and i cant find my reciept to got shove them up there ass
 21st of Oct, 2011 by   can't get no satisfaction 0 Votes
I got ripped too. Last year I bought a pair of glasses that they recommended I pay extra for special lens because the frame I chose was rimless. I couldn't see out of them when I got them. Took them back & asked for a coating for glare but didn't purchase it because they were going to charge me an outrageous price. When I went back to my eye Dr just this month I found out Eyemart had used the cheapest plastic they could on them & that I didn't need an upgraded lens because the frames were rimless. The glare occured because they used such a cheap grade of plastic. I can un-recommend them to friends & family just as easily as I recommended them. Needless to say, I will not use them again.
 29th of Jan, 2012 by   a satisfy customer 0 Votes
It's not always true that Eyemart Express did all bad. For me everything turned out to be perfect. Doctor is very polite, concerns and professional. My glasses is just what I wanted. It lasts 1 year now with no problems. I'm deffenettly come back and recommended to my family and friends to use Eyemart Express.
A satisfy customer
 23rd of Oct, 2013 by   Theresa Masse 0 Votes
I would never suggest anyone to work for Dr Barnes Eyemart Express especially the location on SW Military Dr in San Antonio, Tx due to first of all the so called manger they have is a socialist pig and needs to learn how to treat his employees like Human Beings. He demands that the employee buy black pants and a collar white shirt at their expense when this should be provided by the company. He doesn't allow the employees to carry around their cell phones which is understandable but why can he carry one and answers personal calls in front of customers too. How Unprofessional for a manager running an optical that is branded Eyemart Express??? I have worked in the optical industry for 20 years and now retired but I know people who worked for him and he is has a problem talking to women employees and thinks he's above everyone. I'm just wondering who would want to work for someone of his low stature and how did he get where he did as a manager of an optical??? I'm sure Dr Barnes would not like to read what I have to say. I guarantee that I am going to continue to post information like this so no other woman that is thinking of working there will think twice...

Tricks of the Trade: Contractors