logo

Poor Quality and Bad Customer Service

Eye Buy Direct
Phone: 866-210-8128
eyebuydirect.com
I ordered a pair of glasses from this company and it took them about 3 weeks to have them delivered, I did not fret over that, it was no big deal. I recieved the glasses in Late November/Early December of 2009.

When I first recieved the glasses I was initially very happy with them. I told many relatives and friends about the company. After a couple of months of wearing the glasses one of my lenses fell out and I could not find it.

This seem like a pretty easy fix, I figured I would just contact EyeBuyDirect.com and hopefully they would fix it for free, they would fix it and I could pay for it, or they would just simply mail me a new lense and I could fix it. I continually called the customer service number and I could not get anyone on the line to help, for almost three weeks of calling the call went to a voicemailbox. I finally decided to hit the prompt for sales instead of post sale assistance, and when I hit the prompt for sales I immediately got a representative on the phone, who advised me that they would not help me at all she said I was out of my 14 day window, and now I am on my on, I then asked her if I mailed it to them would they fix it she said "No" and that if I mailed it to them, they would donate it to goodwill, I then ask if I paid them would they fix it, she said "No", I then asked if she could simply mail me the lenses, she said "No" the I asked her verbatim "So I am just screwed, huh?" and she said "Yes".

I was very dissatisfied and very unhappy. Do not do business with them. I found a better company called www.glassesshop.com, they have been around longer, they offer a year warranty instead of 14 days like EyeBuyDirect.com, their glasses are better quality and you get then in the mail in fours instead of three weeks like EyeBuyDirect.com, don't shop with EyeBuyDirect.com or you will be singing a sad story like me, take my advise now and go with www.GlassesShop.com or someone else even, I mean anyone has to be better than EyeBuyDirect.com.
Comments United States Vision, Glasses, Lenses
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Aug, 2010 by   Jerry82 0 Votes
I can't agree with you more.
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   Nurani 0 Votes
Eyedirect are scam I ordered a pair of glassess and recieved broken
they told me we not giving you money back how ever gived to me gift card for half price
I ordered another one paying the other half not recieved the item not answering the calls
this number 8662108128 is no longer work also this 2301-760-7870, 301-825-5662
customer service number they provide me no one answer and no calling back when you leave a voice Mail
I have calling 20 days from now
 14th of Feb, 2011 by   tams344 0 Votes
I ordered from the three years ago and the glasses I received were very nice but the prescription was wrong. I took them to a local Ophthalmologist and they said that the pupil distance was way off and I had to pay $110 to get them redone through them (it was that or wait another 3 weeks for eyebuydirect!) I got a new prescription and decided to give eyebuydirect another try. I ordered my glasses nearly 4 weeks ago and they are still "processing". I've called them repeatedly only to have the phone ring 30+ times and never ever an answering machine. Where the heck is the customer service?! I'm so frustrated! I'm actually going to cancel today, thank GOD I used paypal to pay them so at least I won't have any hassles. I'm very sad eyebuydirect isn't what they claim to be.
 20th of May, 2011 by   hehetree 0 Votes
How about trying www.zipoptical.com. They have very good customer service and good quality.
 20th of May, 2011 by   hehetree 0 Votes
You might try www.zipoptical.com. They have very nice customer service and plenty choice.
 17th of May, 2012 by   kwoodyc 0 Votes
these guys got me for three pair of glasses and can not get an english speaking person to talk to me, at least i think I still have a credit, but they cant find it
 17th of Jan, 2014 by   catckaia 0 Votes
I bought a pair of progressive glasses in plastic frames. They were $124. I was disappointed because the frames looked like some kind of 3rd world quality. But I wore the glasses anyway because I needed them. After a few months I realized that every time I wore those glasses my eyes got very tired. Then I bought an ipad and I realized that when I looked thru the bottom of the lens that the ipad seemed crooked. I took them to an optical shop and they were aghast that anyone would make such poor quality glasses. I ended up buying a whole new pair and I am out the previous money.
 25th of Aug, 2014 by   Susanne Barbour 50 0 Votes
Friendly Customer Service was what I received when I dealt with them twice. The frames are gigantic unless you find the frame available in size small and it will give you the option if that certain frame comes available in small. It depends on your prescription also if they can fir it in that certain frame. Please keep in mind that majority of frames are made in and from Japan/China. What I don't like is if you have to return them, you immediately have to pay $15.95 regardless of the reason for return. If you want a refund, deduct 10% more for "restocking" fee and then they tell you they "throw them away" at the Austin TX "return" location. That's double talk to me and crooked. So unless you are comfortable with that arrangement, I suggest you get it all right the first time at you Opt Doctor.

Foreclosure - Options to Pursue, Scams to Avoid