logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
2. (0 mins ago)
LEGAL PROCESSING FEE RIP OFF

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Express Scripts, Tempe, Arizona Complaints & Reviews - Don't work at Express Scripts, Inc.!

Express Scripts Contacts & Informations

Express Scripts

Posted:    Valerie

Don't work at Express Scripts, Inc.!

Express Scripts
7909 S. Hardy Dr.
Tempe, Arizona
www.express-scripts.com
This place sucks to work at. The first week I started working there was when they started giving me trouble. I was invited by the lead supervisor to make suggestions to improve productivity. I thought I was qualified as I had just come there from Caremark after their Dec. layoff. I typed up a page of suggestions like a proposal. I was hoping to get a raise if something I suggested was implemented, saving the company money. They only started me at $10/hr. I turned it in. A week later, the shipping supervisor, a b**** named Mryna, pulled me into her office. Instead of taking it as constructive, she took the entire typed page as an insult to her company. She told me I had a bad attitude. She put me down so bad I cried on the spot. I went on with work hoping to avoid trouble. Things were ok for awhile. Then two months later, I was pulled into the office again. Another supervisor had always been flirting with me and I ignored him. This guy flirts with every girl there. He had told the shipping supervisor that he had seen me trying to fix something on the machine which requires a password, of which I don't possess the knowledge. The shipping supervisor informed me that they changed the password on account of me, which is ridiculous. I was given a final written warning. I was never even given my first warning. I told her that I was not messing with the machine but she didn't hear me. I was sent out of the office again. The written warning disqualified me of receiving a bonus check the next week. I was bummed. They were trying to find ways to fire me so I quit. I'm still seeking employment. My husband who still works there informed me that they are now trying to make changes to the sorting method, which is one of my suggestions on the typed page. Now that I'm not there they can't pay me for that idea. The next day my husband worked, he got written up along with some other co-workers for bogus things. It's again time for bonus checks the next week. They only promote immigrants at this place. They find ways not to give you your bonus check. Half the shippers have left. Morale is very low. They don't do anything about sexual discrimination. Don't apply to work here. If you know someone who wants to work at Express Scripts, tell them about what happened.
Comments United States Job & Career
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Jul, 2008 by   Cathie +2 Votes
I worked for express scripts for 2 yrs before I quit. I worked for the call center though.. They set you up to fail there that is why they quit. Even though they did that I was a top preformer in their company and won many awards and agreed to send me on an all expense paid trip to anywhere. I wanted to go to Vegas but never got my trip. So i quit. It wasnt even the trip it was the way they treated people . If you did not have good stats there they treated you like crap. My friend who has great stats except for her talk time because she is very much into customer service and want to make sure the custtomer is very happy she gets in trouble. It is crazy. No one this place is a revolving door
 30th of Sep, 2008 by   Alan 0 Votes
I worked at the Director level for Express Scripts. The Senior Leadership of the company has fallen under the influence of Jack Welch and all of his management principles. Most notably, you need to constantly fire or lay off your "bottom 10%" every year. I worked for rogue Vice President out of St. Louis who basically fired me for not firing an employee that he thought was in his bottom 10%. This particular employee improved their performance after I mentored and coached them and put them into a more suitable position.

In addition, I helped save Express Scripts almost 1 million a year in saved expense. My reward was to get laid off right before Christmas. The same Vice President that I worked for was a swaggering ego maniac. He openly admitted to others the he himself lied about his salary when he joined the company years back. After I left Express Scripts, I logged an ethics issue against him on their "Ethics Hotline". Well, that was a joke. He still has a job and I know for a fact that other employees in "lesser positions" who did the same thing met with instant dimissal.

I agree with the other review from the former employee out of the Tempe, Arizona mega pharmacy. This company is a joke. I promise you, if you join Express Scripts (at any level), you will have "The Sword of Damacles" hanging over year head from the first day you start until the day you leave. AVOID WORKING AT THIS COMPANY!!!
 30th of Sep, 2008 by   Alan 0 Votes
I worked at the Director level for Express Scripts. The Senior Leadership of the company has fallen under the influence of Jack Welch and all of his management principles. Most notably, as a Director, Sr. Director or Vice President - you are expected to go thru all of your direct reports every fall and rank them. You then are expected to summarily fire or lay off your "bottom 10%" every year. I worked for a newly promoted (and very cocky) Vice President out of St. Louis who basically fired me because as a Director I refused to "manage out" (or fire) one of my analysts that this Vice President considered to be in his bottom 10%. I refused to do this and paid the ultimate price. The reason I refused was this... thie employee improved their performance after I mentored and coached them and put them into a more suitable position.

Top top it off, before I was fired (laid off), I helped save Express Scripts almost 1 million a year in expenses. I also had the highest employee satisfaction ratings for all Directors in our department. In fact, I had achieve zero negative turnover for my department for my entire tenure. How did Express Scripts reward me for this? I was laid off (fired) right before Christmas, along with several of my staff. Nice...

In the end, the Vice President that I worked for was, to be honest, a swaggering ego maniac! He openly admitted to others the he himself lied about his salary when he joined the company years back. After I left Express Scripts, I logged an ethics issue against him on their confidential "Ethics Hotline". Well, that was a joke. He still has a job and I know for a fact that other employees in "lesser positions" who were guilty of lying about their previous employment records were met with instant dimissal. I hope that these folks come forward and retain the biggest, fattest, baldest lawyers they can find to sue the pants off of Express Scripts and it's Corporate Leadership.

By the way, I do have to agree with the other review from the former employee out of the Tempe, Arizona mega pharmacy. This company is a joke!!! If you are considering taking a position with Express Scripts, I promise you this: If you join Express Scripts (at any level), you will have "The Sword of Damacles" hanging over year head... from the first day you start until the day you leave. AVOID WORKING AT EXPRESS SCRIPTS!!!
 14th of Nov, 2008 by   Ines +2 Votes
I feel so bad from the director to the girl in customer service.
I personally cannot talk openly yet. It is really a nightmare.
I find myself to be a very reputable person, with no record of any events in three years, I have really walk in a strainght line as well as many of my co-workers. Because of the nature of the situation that is still in the works I will not post this information here. But, run as fast as you can from this company that has no ethical work rules and morale is at is worst. It has always been like that. These co. is all for the stocks and when they cash in, they start trimming and laying off. It is like a cycle. So, sad, sad.
 17th of Mar, 2009 by   vspecdevil +2 Votes
I know exactly how you feel, the management is horrible there. managers there are all power hungry back stabbers. I worked there for 6 months, i got paid 14.50 an hour as a data entry technician. Let me tell you my work schedule. I worked monday, wednesday, friday, sunday, for 10 hours a day. I'm also a full time student. i got to school tuesdays and thursdays my days away from work. my managers name was shawn lo stracco he seemed like a nice guy, smart, ect ... everyone liked him so he moved up in the job rankings to department manager. well 4 months into the job i had a panic attack, i didnt know what was wrong with me so scared i let them call the ambulance on me. well i got to the hospital to find out i had a panic attack. keep in mind i dont even get head aches. I consider myself being a hard worker but damn to drive a healthy human being to that point meant something was wrong. so after that i asked about going part-time, his response was with the amount of work this company is getting we need you to focus on your accuracy and quantity of prescriptions processed. i was fine with that because everyone wants to see the company that pays them succeed. so i went on with school and worked full time, mislead into thinking i was getting a promotion. then He assigned everyone into having mandatory overtime. 8+ hours a week for the following weeks until they were in good shape. i begged him not to put me on i was ready to go parttime after the hospital incident, yet he assigned more hours to my schedule so i was forced to call off a few days, to find out i get a warning for calling out... at this point i can no longer take it, i need a job that suited my needs so the same day i got my warning i tried to give shawn my two weeks notice which he denied, so i walked out on him... later to find out he called the cops on me and claimed i was a threat to workers. i couldn't belive it... i admit i did curse at him but thats no need to call the cops dude. now keep in mind shawn just got a new position with the company, so i got to thinking did he call the cops on me because he wanted his boss to think he did nothing wrong to cause me to walk out on him?... i feel cheated ... (DONT WORK FOR SHAWN LO STROCCO ) im not going to discredit the company because you cant blame them for 1 bad apple.
 4th of Apr, 2009 by   EX EMPLOYEE +2 Votes
Horrible company to work for. I was a Patient Care Advocate in the Orlando office. Patients would nearly call everyday complaining, threatening the company, disarrayed and our department had little to no authority to help. I literally memorized my lines "I'm sorry Sir/Ma'am but the prescription your doctor faxed in was never received" or "You can go to your local retail pharmacy and get a 30-day supply until mailorder is sent to you". What I really wanted to tell the patients is that they should just arrange for retail, rather than mailorder. Management is a JOKE!!! Human Resource Dept could care less if you complained about a situation or a manager. The most disguisting part of the whole thing is that there is no company morale. The PCA's are basically fed up with taking calls and management is fed up with the attitude from the employees. I was sent emails encouraging me not to use "PERSONAL TIME" during work hours...meaning, going to the bathroom, taking a emergency call/personal call, etc... I don't know how this company survives! I would never consider this a real job.
 17th of Nov, 2009 by   asianchick 0 Votes
Wow, I've met some of the employees at express scripts and each and everyone has complained about how awful the environment and the corporate culture is. I'm glad ur no longer there (in a good way)...its for the best. One of my best friends worked as a developer and accomplished more in the short month he was than the rest of the people they were keeping...something about corporate downsizing to save money. In my opinion, I think they should just do away with their existing corporate leadership altogether and hire better people that actually cares about their people. Thanks for posting the article.
 26th of Nov, 2009 by   Allen Staats 0 Votes
As a new customer to Express Scripts I can tell you that their customer service sucks. They do not want to help you only tell you to take care of your problem yourself. Their main comment was this is not in their process and somebody else made the mistake not them so you are on your own to take care of the problem.
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   cat407 0 Votes
It is so sad... I have been in customer service for 20 + years, mostly in pharmacy/medical field. I'm all about giving 100% to my work, but come on, they want you to watch the AHT so close, you're constantly worried about that vs. what rx you're supposed to be filling for the patient. If you get a call that's potentially an escalation of any kind (which is about 65-70% of calls), instead of thinking; how can I help this patient? I begin thinking of my quality scores, AHT, and adherence. If your on a call close to your lunch time, you better hope it doesn't go over the time you're scheduled for lunch, they'll ding you for it. When did this become patient care?
I have actually had a supervisor follow me into the bathroom and tell me; "you need to start watching your personal time". Can you believe it? I couldn't.
 16th of May, 2010 by   bristol babe 0 Votes
You cannot keep screwing the workers throughout the "enterprise" by pitting one against another, and expect high productivity & moral.

In a recent Townhall (4/29) Sr management told us we are closing the gap, & we are quicker than the rest of the enterprise. But then told we cost too much per fill. You can't have it both ways. ESI made a 25% profit in the 1st quarter over the same times in 2009. Go to Yahoo Finances Keyword Express Scripts 1st quarter and see for yourself.

It's time we all band together union & non union sites and tell George Paz enough is enough.

They want us all to work harder and faster and take away our hard earned time off, freeze and or reduce our pay, and take away the insurance we have hard for a number of years, to make larger profits for STL. MANG. & THE STOCKHOLDERS.

I guess making a 25% profit in the 1st quarter on 2010 over 2009 is not enough. 16 million in salaries and bonuses is not enough for our CEO.

So take from the little people so your children can have a silver spoon in their mouths.

Bensalem will not go down with out a fight. And every other ESI location whether union or non unions should be ready for the same thing down the line. It's only a matter of time. They close Horshame PA, Farmington Hills, Alb Non Clinical. Who's next, and for want lame reason ?
 14th of Aug, 2010 by   Jeff Stack 0 Votes
I don't doubt most of what anyone says here. I am a customer of Express Scripts and I HATE that my company changed over to it years back. You can tell they have been cutting employees over the past few years: there have been more errors, more delays in processing, more bureaucracy to explain poor service. What did we expect? We let corporate America take over our health care and draw a profit off of both PUBLIC taxes from businesses and taxpayers as well as PRIVATE money paid in premiums. Who ever thought this is a good system? Express Scripts is equivalent of an airline losing your luggage. I am paying to NOT receive my medication in time and to deal with yet another greedy corporation that has no soul and puts PROFITS in front of PEOPLE! I don't know how the CEO and management can sleep at night!
 17th of Aug, 2010 by   PharmGirl0 0 Votes
I am extremely confused. I just got a job offer from CuraScripts and is starting soon, still keeping my previous job. Heard a lot of wonderful things about this company, which has been recommended by one of my pharmacists, is this a wrong decision that am making please am going crazy trying to figure this out. I like to do my research in what am getting into. I am a very hard worker with great potential and just can't stand the idea of wasting my energy and hard work in an unfair company, and I have read some very discouraging information which is different from what am hearing.
 20th of Aug, 2010 by   RetiredNavy 0 Votes
You employees are not the only ones who are fed up with the Express scrips monster. Look here: http://www.customerservicescoreboard.com/Express+Scripts?&mes=comment
 1st of Sep, 2010 by   christine.m +1 Votes
I agree that Shawn Lostracco is a real creep and needs to loose some weight. he is so cocky around people for no reason, he is basically a clown and thinks hes cool because he is a manager.
 24th of Oct, 2010 by   anonymous58 0 Votes
Don't work at ESI...ever! They treat their employees like diseased livestock. You will not succeed by working hard and producing quality work, but you will succeed if you are good at playing office politics, kissing the right backsides, watching your fellow employees get walked out (I've never seen a place fire so many people...it's absurd), putting up with management lying to you (it's an epidemic), and having no personal life. They told me I was going to get a bonus and then went back on it saying they had a bad year financially. Really? Is that why they were able to give the CEO a 19% pay increase, pay 4 billion dollars to purchase a competitor, put more than 3 billion into savings, and pay some VPs extra bonus money? Morale is low and employees are constantly worried about getting fired because they fire so many of them. I saw people get set up...meaning a manager would decide they just didn't like a person and then HR would start looking for evidence they could use to fire them. They cut back on support staff (lower level staff) and pushed more work on to the support staff still there (all in the name of budget cutting) while they let the people at the Director/VP/SVP level stay in $400 hotels, have $100 meals (per person) and use limos. They are constantly giving the employees surveys to fill out so they can win one of those "best places to work" awards and they never win. They never will. Why don't the managers there wake up and smell the coffee and realize their employees hate working there and they are developing a bad reputation in St. Louis because of it? What comes around goes around. Eventually it will come back around to them. If you want your work life to be a living hell then by all means go work there. If you want to have a happy workplace then stay as far away as possible. I've seen them discriminate against women, against whites (yes, someone in HR told a hiring manager they couldn't hire someone for a particular role unless they were "diverse"), and against lower level staff (I heard a VP call the men who work in the mailroom "losers"). Basically the company has no ethics whatsoever (especially the management team and HR).
 21st of Dec, 2010 by   Your Fired! Express Script 0 Votes
Express Script should be investigated immediately! They are ripping people off. I don't understand how they are getting away with it. The Columbus City School System in Columbus, Ohio switched from Aetna RX home delivery to Express Script two years ago. BIG MISTAKE! We would have rather paid more money and stayed with Aetna RX home delivery. In the beginning, Express Script messed up the transfer of prescriptions. My husband and I had to go back to our doctor and get new prescriptions to submit. Our second experience with Express Script was paying for a prescription by credit card. Another BIG MISTAKE! Months later we received an auto-refill by mail and was charged for medication that we did NOT request. It was a prescription that was transferred from Aetna to Express Script without us knowing about it. Also, my husband was on other medication that didn't allow him to take the auto-refill medication. So, we are now stuck with two bottles of medication that we cannot use, and we were also charged for the prescription. We were on the phone with them for over an hour trying to find out why they sent us an auto-refill and charged our credit card when we DID NOT request it. There was nothing they could do for us. My husband told them to NEVER send anything by auto-refill, and he also told them to remove our credit card number from their system. Recently we sent in a prescription to fill. (You would think we learned our lesson by now.) The prescription didn't arrive in the mail until four weeks later. When we opened the package we discovered that Express Script took it upon their own to charge our credit card for a medication that our insurance did not cover and charged us $60.00. Why didn't they call us first before filling the prescription? Anyone with any common sense would see that we do indeed have drug coverage. So why would we want to pay $60.00 for something that should cost only $12.00? Then come to find out, our insurance plan through Express Script does not carry the simple drug of Meclizine (generic form) or Antivert. They had our contact information and they could have called to let us know that the medication was NOT covered under our plan. When we asked if it were possible to return the medication, we were told NO because we opened the package. Duh! You have to open the package to get the paperwork out. Why don't they send the bill separately? This way if there is a problem the package can be sent back untouched. Both women I spoke to sounded almost robotic. It were as if they repeated the response on a daily basis. WE WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN! I will make it a point to let every person I know how deceitful Express Script is. I will also file additional complaints.
 12th of Feb, 2011 by   ExpressSucks 0 Votes
Just dropped Express Sucks.

Luckily I have the option to go local, although at double the cost.

They received a one month prescription from my wife's doctor (instead of 3 months), and instead of contacting me, my wife, or the doctor, sent my wife one month of pills. Problem is I get to pay the $50 copay no matter what size the order. When I called to discuss the problem, I was given no way to remedy the situation. They didn't offer to send more. They didn't admit that even the worst local Pharmacy would have not screwed me like that. I just had to live with the results. It was, after all, my doctors fault for not writing the prescription right. Right?

I was talked downed to by call center specialists and Pharmacy, who repeatedly explained that it was clear in their contract with my insurance company that this it how they should be doing business. Fine. Since I am completely caught up on the agreement between Express Sucks and my insurance company, I can see why I should have known this would happen. I should give the call center folks a break, since this kind of discussion requires they stop reading their scripts and think for a moment. Instead, I asked to talk to the supervisor. This guy was not only fake, but even more ridiculous that the first call center lackey. I understand why he was promoted. The Pharmacy has no excuse.

If the call center was in India, they would probably understand the problem, since they haven't detached their brains from their mouths. So yes, I give the call center a break: There is a reason why they work in a call center.

I disputed the charge with Visa, since, in fact, I requested a 3 month prescription from Express Sucks and only received 1 month of product. Visa agreed to run the dispute through their arbitration process, which Express Sucks did not dispute.

So it was over, right? No.

When I went to renew my own prescriptions, I was told there was a charge on my account. When I told them what happened, they threatened me with sending my bill to collections if I didn't pay it. I went ahead and paid the bill, closed all my accounts, and complained to my insurance company. Even my insurance company thought the situation was strange. I reminded them that they should know this is how Express Sucks does business. It is, after all, how their contract stipulates the process is done. Sure.

Now that I know what Express Sucks really is, I would strongly suggest you use your local pharmacy if you can, and pay the extra to honest folks, instead of getting involved with crooks. Don't turn your back on these folks, they will knife you!

I'm glad I had a reason to contact them again. If I hadn't, I would have had Guido calling me, threatening to break my legs if I didn't pay him $300 for the $50 disputed charge.
 12th of Feb, 2011 by   ExpressSucks 0 Votes
Just dropped Express Sucks.

Luckily I have the option to go local, although at double the cost.

So it was over, right? No.

4th of Mar, 2011 by   Happy EX Employee 0 Votes
Yes Express-Scripts is horrible. I worked there for 3 years. Over that duration my own health has depleted. God forbid if they call an ambulance for you.. thats a third of an occurance! The whole place is ridiculous. They discriminate against employees. If you are different than the herd, YOU WILL NOT GO ANYWHERE IN THAT PLACE. Kiss ass and move on up the Corporate ladder.
 9th of May, 2011 by   deej702 0 Votes
I was a PCA in their Bloomington, MN site, and I quit Express Scripts about three month ago. I have honestly never been happier in my life. Never have I met such an unethical and vapid bunch of people. I'm a young, hardworking and honest person, a recent college grad looking for some meaningful work, and I wasted almost three years of my life lying and screwing people out of money and medication. It literally makes my stomach turn thinking about it all. I don't brown nose to get ahead. I don't lie. I don't cheat. What the hell happened to integrity?

Bottom line: My conscious is not worth $35, 000 per year.

Yellow Page Scam ALERT!