Examiner.com

Posted:

Job Scam

Examiner.com
examiner.com
Job scam posted on careerbuilder.com which is nothing more than a phishing for online colleges scheme run by Three Stars Media in Orlando much like their former world voice report. You apply for the job and then you get harrassed on the phone by online degree mills. No thank you.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Phishing
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

23rd of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
What are you talking about? If it was phishing, then Examiner would be the victim.
 20th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
I got an invitation to write for the examiner.com, but I'm kind of skeptical about writing for the examiner.com because when I put in different cities and states to see who the writers are I keep getting the same 6 pictures of the same people for L.A., N.Y. and New Orleans what's up with that?
 14th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes
I've written quite a few articles for Examiner.com, and though they have been published, I have never received a penny in compensation. The way you are paid is so deliberately complicated that it's virtually impossible to estimate how much, if any, you will be paid for your work. They base it somehow on the volume of work you produce, not quality or even content. Indeed, even though I have an actual, bonafide bachelor's in communications, they never asked for proof nor did they seem too concerned if I had any writing experience prior to that.
The biggest concern, however, is that none of the writers are vetted, Examiner.com is publishing their work mostly sight-unseen, and so there is no call for accuracy or integrity in the articles. And again, it is being touted as a "news" source, which it clearly is not.

Joshua
 27th of Nov, 2013 by    0 Votes
They are indeed a scam. I wrote several articles and they never paid me. I have a degree in journalism and most of the so-called "writers" have nothing close to that. They are a deceitful and substandard organization that is a joke and they DON'T pay.
I have heard of others, actually scores of others that have written for them and NEVER even after six to nine months have gotten paid.

Contact Us