logo

Nirvana Horses Resort
Account gmail hacked
2. (12 mins ago)
Del Prado Collections
Did not send promised display case
3. (16 mins ago)
Bravofly
Bad service
4. (25 mins ago)
Indian Railway (Western Railway)
People travelling in reserved coach
5. (32 mins ago)
matt and amanda clarkeson
ebay magic scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Everstar Wine Cooler, Florida Complaints & Reviews - New wine cooler that doesn't work

Everstar Wine Cooler Contacts & Informations

Everstar Wine Cooler

Posted:    mouseman1

New wine cooler that doesn't work

Franklin Industreis
Florida
The wine cooler that I purchased from Home Depot doesn't work. When I plug it in it comes on but it doesn't cool at all.
I have made repeated attempts to phone their customer service line at Franklin Industries, but to no avail. They keep sayng that someone from the company will phone me within 24 hours.

Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Dec, 2008 by   divein72 0 Votes
Don't walk, run it back to Home depot and get your money back. Our's is less than two years old, cost over $400 and now won't cool. I took off one of the inside panels and it looks like all of the refrigerant leaked out and there is rust everywhere. This thing is a piece of junk and we are getting an expensive life lesson.
 7th of May, 2009 by   Adria 0 Votes
I bought one from Home Depot in August...no problems then just STOPPED working in Sept..sales tech from sears came out DEC. 2 and said he had to order compressor and other parts!! IM STILL WAITING FOR THE PARTS...5 MONTHS and still sittin here..useless!! says that the part is on backorder! Dont purchase this $500 product. Learned my lesson.!! Ughhh...
 6th of Dec, 2009 by   RachelSieg 0 Votes
My wine went up to 78 degrees. VERY Expensive wine. Is it now bad?????????
 6th of Dec, 2009 by   RachelSieg 0 Votes
Mine went on the fritz tonight after just over a year. I have some VERY EXPENSIVE old wine. It went up to 78 degrees for about 3 hours. I heard the alarm, but I did not know what it was till I went to the fridge later and discovered the problem. Do you think my wine is ok?
 29th of Dec, 2009 by   aBuyerBeware2 0 Votes
I made the mistake of buying the Everstar Beverage Cooler from Home Depot last year. It did not work right from the start, did not cool properly and made funny noises. The temperature would reset itself and then I noticed water in the bottom of the cooler. I called the customer service line and they told me to return the product to the store and exchange it because it had been within 30 days and they only handled warranty items after 30 days. Didn't help...the next one was just as bad. Water gathered in the bottom of the cooler and overflowed onto my new tile flooring, leaving rust stains from the dirty water. I was finally able to get a service call (they sent out techs from Sears). Wonder of all Wonders!!! It was determined the manufacture FORGOT the drain holes inside the cooler which allows the water to drain just like a refrigerator. Therefore, the cooler was defective and would NEVER work right no matter what they did to it. At one point the technicians said they could "drill" holes in the back of the cooler which would allow the water to evaporate but I rejected that idea...I did NOT want holes drilled in the back of a cooler I had just paid almost $500.00 for and never worked properly. Called customer service again and was told to fax over my receipt and the work order from the Sears Service Team that stated the problems and the unit could not be repaired and they would replace the cooler for me with a Franklin unit instead of the Everstar, telling me the Franklin Cooler would be a better unit because they make they a little better than the ones they sell at Home Depot. Since I had purchased a stainless steel color unit, the rep told me they were expecting a shipment of that color within the month and would send it out. When they sent the unit, it was black, so I rejected it thinking I would not be able to exchange it for the color I wanted when it was available. One day when I was not at home, they delivered a package to my home, which was nothing more than the doors to the unit...NO UNIT! I have called and emailed in the past to the customer service rep I had been dealing with, but he no longer responds to my emails and recent telephone calls to the phone number tell me it is no longer a working number. The unit was returned...I do not have a new one so I am out the money completely! DO NOT BUY THIS UNIT OR ANYTHING ELSE FROM FRANKLIN OR EVERSTAR...THEY DO NOT RESPOND AND DO NOT STAND BEHIND PRODUCT!!!
 9th of Jan, 2010 by   brycentx 0 Votes
I got this wine cooler from Home Depot last Christmas 08, and one year later the motor is going out. I cant find any manafactor info on the web or home depot. This is a bummer, this cooler is heading out to the curb after one year.
 4th of Mar, 2010 by   Michelle Blankenship 0 Votes
Do not buy anything from this company. I only had my wine cooler for a 1yr and it went out. The number to get it serviced is disconnected. I had a service man come out to take a look at it. It can not be fixed! I paid $450.00 for mine, should of lasted longer then a year.
 4th of Mar, 2010 by   Michelle Blankenship 0 Votes
Do not buy anything from this company. I only had my wine cooler for a 1yr and it went out. The number to get it serviced is disconnected. I had a service man comeout to take a look at it. It can not be fixed! I paid 400.00 for mine, should of lasted longer then a year.
 29th of Apr, 2010 by   Mybeerishot 0 Votes
Dang...I went on line to see if I could order the part that the manual says needed replacing when my model HDBC36ID stopped cooling after 2 years and find out that Everstars Beverage Cooler is a piece of crap.
 15th of Sep, 2010 by   zekethedog 0 Votes
I purchased a HDWC35 wine cooler just under a year ago and it quite cooling. I called The Home Depot Customer Care line and they had a repair man come out and look at it. He said that the control module was bad and that they were not available any longer. Less than a year old and parts not available??? I called back The Home Depot Customer Care Line and they are sending me a gift card for the amount I paid less taxes. Crappy product but at least I am getting my money back.
 4th of Jan, 2011 by   kensingleton 0 Votes
Mine just went out after three years,
 14th of Jan, 2011 by   Ickflorida +1 Votes
I have two of the 26 bottle models from HD stacked. One did what all of you indicate - just stopped cooling. Light worked, front panel worked. Temp still showed accurate. Panel fan indicator looked like it was running, but no compressor, no fan motor, no cooling.

Well, I like to poke around and learn... So I pulled the control panel out and "poked" around. Voila, a couple of taps on one of the circuit boxes turned on the fan and compressor. Running again. But wait - it cooled down and shut off - but would not come back on. On a whim, I researched and purchased the electro-mechanical relay circuit box on the circuit board and just received tonight. Took 8 minutes with my soldering iron and the fridge is running normal again! Overnight will tell... But she's humming along at 47 degrees as we speak.

So - if your having this issue - I had to buy a bunch of these relays due to a minimum order and won't need them all. Let me know if you want more information on how to do it. I have a few photos and would be happy to sell a couple of these relays.

Happy chilled wine!
 21st of Jan, 2011 by   Mad Mamasita 0 Votes
I bought mine in October 2008 from Home Depot. I found water in the bottom of the cooler and thought it must be condensation so just kept mopping it up. Now it won't cool. I paid $450 for it. What a piece of junk!
 23rd of Jan, 2011 by   Kraut 0 Votes
Junk, just had kitchen finished. Placed wine cooler in place and it runs but does not cool.
 23rd of Jan, 2011 by   Ickflorida 0 Votes
Seen a lot of this. In many cases it's a relay which overheats on the control panel. Causes it to freeze or simply not turn on the compressor to cool Simple soldering replacement. I have a bunch. Try it. You've got nothing to lose!
 15th of Mar, 2011 by   mariadipoce 0 Votes
We purchased this wine cooler from home depot almost a little bit over 2 years ago. The first one we purchased never even worked brought it home and plugged it in and nothing worked on it, brought it back to home depot got a new one and the thing quit running last night! So frustrating Everstar went out of business and Home Depot could care less!!! I even have the receipt and spent thousands there but they will not back their products! crazy...store manager said there is nothing they can do! it's bs...so I am starting a class suit with this. If they are willing to carry that product and then the company that makes it goes out of business they should guarantee that product for their customers. If you have bought this wine cooler (Everstar) from Home Depot and have had nothing but problems contact me and you can hop along on this suit! I am sick of these big companies taking advantage of the little guy, here is my email. mariaccorr@gmail.com send me your info and we'll move forward from here. thanks!
 5th of Jan, 2013 by   Ickflorida 0 Votes
Many have asked for photos. Here are the two I have of the relay and board.

5th of Jan, 2013 by   Ickflorida 0 Votes
Second photo

22nd of May, 2013 by   music.tom 0 Votes
I purchased this wine cooler on January 13, 2009, and it worked fine until last week. I came to this site to learn something about fixing the cooler. And bingo! ickflorida offered the fix! My cooler showed no leaks, burned parts, blown 3 amp fuse nor any outword sign of failure. I removed the circuit board in the bottom of the cooler and removed the Sanyou SMI-6-112LM relay (I believe they call this a magnet valve). Putting 12 volts on the coil, and an ohm meter on the contacts, the relay did not work. This relay turns the compressor and cooling fan on. I found a close substitute locally (not at Radio Shack) at a TV/computer parts store. The substitute is a double throw relay with an extra pin out. The rest of the pins and the physical box were identical to the original relay. I removed the extra pin, soldered the relay on the pc board and fired it up. It worked and is still working right now. The relay cost me $5.30, including tax. It is not a Sanyou relay, but is made by NTE Electronics, Inc. (www.nteinc.com), number R22-5D16-12.
Most folks would not tackle this, but is really fairly simple. Get your son to do it. UNPLUG THE POWER BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!!!
 9th of Aug, 2013 by   rgibso1 0 Votes
music.tom,

I'm going to order the same relay that you ordered...how did you know which pin to take out? I'm confident that I can solder the relay myself, as it sounds like a quick swap. Any other insight would be helpful with the pin. Thanks.

10 Tips To Avoid Being Scammed by Credit Companies