logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
BEXSUPP.COM
Fake charge and rep ignores me
2. (8 mins ago)
RIPOFF SCAM

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

EverPet Basics with Tuna CAT FOOD, Versailles, Ohio Complaints & Reviews - Cat food

EverPet Basics with Tuna CAT FOOD Contacts & Informations

EverPet Basics with Tuna CAT FOOD

Posted:    ForPathology

Cat food

Dollar General
Versailles, Ohio
This cat food made all 5 of my cats extremely sick. The dog even got into one of their bowls and it made her just as sick. All six animals have extreme diahrrea. So much to the fact, that even after a check with the vet and daily doses of medicine to stop the diahrrea, the cats and the dog STILL have it after 2 weeks. It's unbelievable. We won't ever buy this product again. This is terrible.
Comments United States Pets & Animals
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More EverPet Basics with Tuna CAT FOOD complaints
EverPet Basics with Tuna CAT FOOD - Cats violently sick

Comments

1st of Dec, 2009 by   Eddie Sterling 0 Votes
I recently bought a bag of Everpet Dry Cat Food from Dollar General because they were out of 9 Lives.. All 3 of my Cats got sick within an hour and from that time on avoided the Food Dish as if it was a Rattlesnake.. Does anyone know of a Lab that would test this garbage they call Pet Food?
 13th of Dec, 2009 by   Lady122 0 Votes
I too purchased the Dollar General brand cat food Everpet, and every one of my 19 cats began to vomit and have constant diarrhea. I am beyond upset with the food and the company over this. I really think that there should be a lab test done to check this crap that they are selling!
 4th of Jan, 2010 by   obey one 0 Votes
Maybe this reason all your cats got sick is because you randomly gave the ever pet cat food, which interrupted there usual diet. Ive been feeding my two cat this cat food for quite sometime and and there happy, healthy, and they have a firm stool. I just cant understand how stray cats could turn there noses up at it. My cats go crazy over the ever pet with tuna dry, mixed with a spoon full of the canned. Anyway, just thought id stick up for ever pet a little. After all, they've kept my cats happy!
 19th of Jan, 2010 by   pet lover222 0 Votes
The dry cat food made my cat violently ill and he threw up all over the kitchen like never before. He has refused to eat any more of it. I am returning the full bag back to the store for a refund. I called the number on the bag and told them my cat would not eat it and they said to return it even without a receipt for a store credit on a gift card. I'm angry that my cat got so sick. They should recall it.
 20th of Mar, 2010 by   Remberasha 0 Votes
My cats also are refusing to eat the dry cat food (chicken flavor)-- But one thing I noticed tonight on the canned everpet catfood was it had "Garlic Powder" listed as an ingredient.. It is my understanding that Garlic is toxic to cats... I will check the dry food in the moring to see if it also contains garlic...
 22nd of May, 2010 by   watergirl 0 Votes
My cat is also sick from this cat food. She had diarrhea and was vomiting. She has lost weight and is listless. Refused to eat the food and now eats very little of anything else. My older cat didn't get sick but after eating some of it refused to eat more. I will never get Everpet again. Didn't know about the garlic. Checked the bag and didn't see it listed.
 24th of Jun, 2010 by   Sick'N'tired 0 Votes
Ever pet costed me 450 dallors and almost killed my 4 year old cat who was in perfect health..The food caused a complete bladder blockage whitch required flushing 5 times. Every time an enormous amount of sand, dirt, and anything else you can imagine came out of his bladder.This i could understand if my cat had ever been outside. The vet wasnt able to get it all out. It still might kill my cat if it happens again, I dont think ill be able to pay for surgery..I wish i had known about this companies food i would have never feed it to my cat. My kids are devistated. I hope he survives this.
 28th of Jun, 2010 by   teeter81 +1 Votes
I purchased this cat food along with the scoopable liter. (Dry chicken flavor) The liter is a good clumping liter. the odor it leaves behind is horrible. My cats seem to love the cat food, and their stools are ok. but I will definitly rethink the cat food now. Thanks for posting the complaint so we know what to look for.
 14th of Jul, 2010 by   Lancaster 0 Votes
I have been buying Ever Pet since Dollar General changed to it and they liked it real well. Last yr. my outside cats ( farm cats) started turning their noses up at it and walking away, but then things got better and they started eating it again. NOW !! within the last 2 months or so they completely walk away from it, no matter if it is wet or dry. It is like my cats ( especially the kittens ) are starving to death, out of about 15 kittens I only have 6 left, BECAUSE the food was disappearing I thought they were eating later, maybe some of the wild animals such as coons ate it and are now dead...
Ever Pet, this comment is directed to you... Something has happened to your food, whether you have changed the recipe or are now useing bad by products, eather way you need to check the pet foods real close.. I am changing cat food brands and also going to lodge a complaint with Dollar General. There is no reason for this to be happening...

For others who may read these complaints, AVOID EVER PET FOOS PRODUCTS, THEY ARE POISON TO YOUR PETS...
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by   Haters4545 0 Votes
This has happened to my younger cat and my 9 year old cat ate this crap and got very sick and i had to take one to the vet to get her on an IV to get the crap out of her belly and i have called them and again and no body has called me back they need to pull this from the shelf and be tested
 28th of Jul, 2010 by   BlahX3 0 Votes
I just bought this brand because it was cheap and brought it home for both my cat and dog. My cat wont touch it, brought a lizard in the house and ate it in front of us in protest of this food. My dog doesn't care for this food either he's eaten it but with some reluctance, I mean it's pretty sad that animals who lick their own asses wont eat this crap. So far neither of them have gotten sick but after reading all these post I will be changing food forever and I will be talking to the people at Dollar General. To me this is bullshit, if the people at this company don't care enough about animals to make sure their food is safe for animals to eat, then this company shouldn't make PET FOOD!!! I'm also telling all my friends and my relatives not to buy this food. Maybe if everyone tells just one person not to buy the food and people stop buying it they will loose enough money to either go out of business of fix the damn problem. Either way works for me. Although I wouldn't know if they fixed the problem or not because I will never buy this shit ass pet food again.
 29th of Jul, 2010 by   jackie*blue 0 Votes
I couldn't afford Fancy Feast anymore and my 3 cats only like Friskies Whitefish with Tuna canned food. When my local WalMart stopped carrying that flavor I was in a panic to find a substitute because they don't eat the Turkey & Giblets, Mixed Grill, Salmon, or any of the non pate flavors, etc. I found EverPet Whitefish canned food 2 days ago at Dollar General. Ocean Whitefish is the #1 ingredient and the labels on both brands read almost identical. I gave it to them yesterday and today and they all are licking their plates clean. Because of all the complaints I will keep a close eye on them, but so far they love the stuff more than the Friskies. Actually even though it is a bit more watery than Friskies I think the color is better and seems to be more fishy.
 27th of Aug, 2010 by   Annie343 0 Votes
Does anybody know of any updates on this, like whether EverPet has done anything or had anything done to them? I bought a bag of this food four months ago to feed to the strays outside. Normally all the food I put out at night is gone by morning, but they hardly ate any of this, and even the birds that look for leftovers didn't seem to like it. I left the opened EverPet bag sitting by an opened bag of Purina One for three months while I was away. When I got back, I picked up the bags and found dozens of little black worms under them. The Purina bag had no worms in it and was still intact, but when I looked closer at the EverPet bag, I realized that the worms had eaten a hole in the bottom of the bag. I'm not sure where else they would've come from, so I'm guessing they came from inside the bag and chewed their way out. I'm throwing away that bag, and I'd like to know if anyone has heard of any developments on this.
 4th of Oct, 2010 by   Friendly Neighbor 0 Votes
I have 5 cats, 3 are feral and one is a big hungry male who is always looking for more more more. None of thjem will touch Ever Pet. I've had to cook rice with soup base until I can get another brand of cat food. And the Dollar General refused to refund.
 20th of Dec, 2010 by   cja2882 0 Votes
I have been feeding the local feral cat colony this food for over a year and all are happy and healthy. My housecats eat it occasionly as well and no one seems to be getting sick from it.
 30th of Jan, 2011 by   flyer01 0 Votes
Unfortunately, I am just finding out the hard way about Ever Pet Cat Food. it is true that my cat was eating it up, and cleaning her plate. I just recently purchased this cat food from the Dollar General Store. Now the vomiting has kicked in and she was very sick until I switched her food back too Nine Lives. I am happy to say she better. However, I do ot understand why this food is not being removed from shelves and stores.. Thier are some pretty scary articles here, and someone needs to check into this a little deeper... Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated..
 25th of Jun, 2011 by   OHIceman +1 Votes
Used the Everpet Kitten food. Since I started my kittens have been getting weaker, not stronger. Today I replaced it with a better brand that they not only eat better, but seems to be helping them already with their energy levels. Have a feeling that it may have been partially responsible for the death of one of my kittens.
 29th of Jun, 2011 by   catman231 +1 Votes
Used Everpet for over a year in my feral cat colonies. Finally noticed some were getting thinner. 10 of 32 cats died or disappeared within a month. Changed to another brand of dry cat food at a higher cost. Wish I would have looked at this site earlier. Looks like thier could be a class action suit here.
 28th of Aug, 2011 by   Lancaster +1 Votes
Last year I had about 20 barn kittens born, fed them and my adult cats Ever Pet dry, moistened for the kittens food, I noticed the kittens were not gaining weight and had one of the adults die. Before I realized it was the cat food all my kittens were dead. This year, i started out with 17 barn kittens, only 5 have died or disappeared. I feed a different dry cat food now and they are healthier then they have been in years. I do feed the Ever Pet canned food mixed with dry food, that seems to be ok. but won't go back to the dry food, something is severly wrong with it.
 26th of Sep, 2011 by   KarenR47 0 Votes
I bought both the dog and the cat food Friday evening. Today 4 out of my 5 dogs are either vomiting or have diarrhea, the cat is also sick. I removed the food from their bowls and will go buy a better brand today. I think I'll write Dollar General and let them know what I think about their pet food! I will NEVER by it again!

Valley Man's $100,000 eBay Scam