logo

Web 7 Design
Scam
3. (5 mins ago)
osttopstexport.org
Their software is useless without necessary things, but you need to pay
4. (15 mins ago)

Posted:    Sharon.Weston

Foreclosure

Sharon Weston
LaGrange, Georgia
My mortgage loan was recently bought by Everhome Mortgage in Georgia. Unfortunately, that same home was scheduled for auction this month (April). This is especially bad since I've owned the home since 1996 and had over 30, 000 in equity. As a recently returning mobilized Soldier from Iraq, I was unable to get a job for seven months. Finally, I took a job with McDonald's but was not able to continue to work because of injuries received while in the desert. I was place on unpaid medical leave in Oct and did not finally return to work until Feb 2009. This was not my first mobilization, having served 45 months intermittently since 9/11. Always, unable to get a job once I returned home.

Prior to and during my deployment, my husband and I unexpectedly lost two children (22 and 23 years old). Each burial expense totalling over 25, 000 dollars. Which we were fortunate enough to pay cash for. Having said that it is apparent we were struggling especially since my husband is a mortgage broker and has almost no income for the last two years. Recently he opened a small business and it is doing fairly well.

Having said that, we tried to work out a repayment option for the loan to catch it up. But Everhome was not willing to help at all or to discuss our foreclosure. Even after the President elected to help stop those in foreclosure. I am still a Soldier and serve in Virginia where I also found a job. Everhome refused to work with us or the Veterans Administration who guaranteed our note. Stating that even though I am a Soldier and not currently living in the house they could not help me!! There are many Soldiers who do not live in their primary homes. It was not that we necessarily could qualify for assistance, but their refusal to even work with us as a mortgage company. We showed enough income and had a buyer with a contract for the house to sell. Still they would not grant us a forebearance or give us any consideration for the loan. We have never had a problem in the past renting it, and only did so because the house would fall in disrepair. It is not an investment, but mine and my children's only home.

My ex-husband defaulted on the note after 9/11 and I ended up being responsible for over 16, 000 in arrears. I was able to catch that up in one year with Regions Mortgage. They were great and worked with me every step of the way. They received all their money with interest. I've never had a problem with a company that simply refused to work with someone willing and able to pay. I've served the Army faithfully for 28 years and proud of every moment. Sadly the Soldiers coming home are suffering at the hands of the very people we are trying to protect. My goal is to show that Everhome is making a profit off the foreclosures by not disclosing the money they are making off the sale of the foreclosed properties. In essence stealing the equity in the homes rather than trying to save the mortgage and the loan.

I will still hold my head up and continue to reach toward the larger goal; a proud American worrier. Trying to do what is right and honest. AND never leaving a fallen comrade!!!
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Jun, 2009 by   Patricia 0 Votes
I had a terrible experience with Everhome Mortgage. Last fall I applied for a Loan Modification and they charged me $3000.00 first so that they could see what program I would qualify for. I borrowed the money as they said it was legal fees, yet I never saw any attorney's name or contact information.

They wrote up my modification doubling my payment from $3000 to $6400 which was defeating the purpose of the program. I would never be able afford that payment. I gave it my best shot but was only able to make to payments leaving me with NO money for all my other expenses and bills. So now I am again trying to get a program set up with no response and I have gotten a foreclosure notice pending and I am out the $3000 fee that they charged illegally. One more thing that company has hired the MOST RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL people I have ever spoken to in my lifetime. I need help and just don't know where to turn or who to trust. petronila1955@aol.com
 18th of Jun, 2009 by   Terri007 0 Votes
Patricia,
My name is Terri I am so sorry to hear what happened to you thats why I'm on here trying to make a difference and maybe help more people save there houses. I recently did a loan Modification with the Al Verdi Law Group. They walked me through every step of the process from start to finish, I was very fortunate to find such a wonderful company to work with. If I may recommend any company to do your loan modification I would give them a call, they did my entire loan modification in exactly 47 days and anytime I had a question they were very responsive in getting right back to me. Its unfortunate there are so many bad company's out there, If anyone comes across any other bad companies please post because no one deserves to get there house taken from them. You can contact them at 866 400 1694 The gentlemen I worked with name was Cale Swanson.

Puppy Fraud