EverHome Mortgage

Lately fees!

EverHome Mortgage
Jacksonville, Florida
We were unfortunate enough to have our mortgage sold to EverHome, Sept., 2007. Later that month my husband, the sole provider, lost his job. We busted our butts, borrowed money, took temp. jobs to make sure that our mortgage payments were held in priority and paid by the 16th of the month. We made our November payment, mailing it 5 days prior to the 16th so that it would arrive in plenty of time. With our prior mortgage company (NetBank) that was always sufficient time.

I noticed that it took quite a bit longer for that check to clear our bank. So much so that I was beginning to wonder if they ever received it or it got lost in the mail. It finally cleared and we were hit with a late fee. With any other creditor a simple phone call would have cleared things up. Not with Everhome Mortgage. They told me that we have to go through a 'review process' to get that late fee cleared up. That alone told me that we were going to get hosed and big time.

My suspicions were confirmed with a denial letter. Whatever happened to common customer service? We have excellent credit, not a single payment gone past 30 days. We have made sure our bills were paid through unemployment, but we get punished anyway? I went to their website to find an email address, and conveniently enough, no email addresses!!!

I am unsure as to what to do but to continue fighting them. I am looking forward to selling our house this spring for more than getting out of a crappy neighborhood, but also a really crappy mortgage company. We also know who to avoid and to advise others to avoid when making our next home purchase.
Complaint comments Comments (52) Complaint country United States Complaint category Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful?

24th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
You are 100% correct, they are a crappy company, they are the worst. They are one the biggest predatory lenders, and they will rip you off in more then one way. Check everything, double check, and triple check.. fight them every step of the way. If it is possible to take your money, ( escrow account, fake insurance, not paying your taxes, etc) they will do it.
 9th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
you are so right they purchae my loan 3/2007 and send me my payment book and i made the mort ever month however when they send me my payment book the told me that i did not have enough money in escrow and then they told me my mort would go up from 858 to 938 which i could have handle that but then they told me i owe them over 2000 dollars. i only paid what i was told my tax and ins is include with payment. i refuse to pay for the dumb folks that they hire therefore i had to hire me an attorney because these pople are crazy and they are really haveing a hard time but i can't tell bec they cs is rude and they are thieves i don't mind paying but how are going to increase my mort for over 250 month if that the case i would have gotten for that much a month the people should not be in business
 13th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
I paid off my mortgage in full in Nov., 2007 and asked for Everhome
Mortgage to send me my paid mortgage papers and to refund alol monies held in escrow. I have written numerous letters and called numerous times. My last call was March 6, 2008 and still have received nothing from Everhome Mortgage Co. They are the worst company to try and do business with. I have also reported them to the Better Business Bureau but even that has not stirred up any results.
 8th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have been trying to pay Everhome my mortgage payment after they bought my mortgage. They have not foreclosed but have refused every payment. I don't understand can someone expalin this to me. As for payment book they took over 01/07 I got a payment book in 07/07. They also told me my escrow was behind I paid my own taxes and insurance after they assigned the insurance to a company I never heard of. Icalled that insurance company and cancelled the insurance. I thought I got to choose the insurance company.Then I call there customer service center and was literally cu7ssed out. I asked about two out parcels of land they said it was not covered by the mortgage I don't understand.
 10th of Jun, 2008 by    -1 Votes

2nd of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
To put it lightly "They Suck!" My mortgage was transferred a year and a half ago, and I have been having problems every since. I paid my mortgage online, and almost a month later, I receive a letter stating that it did not clear because the account couldn't be found. Keep in mind I've been making payments to them for the last 1 1/2 years. On top of the letter they sent indicated in writing the "correct" account number. They are so backwards that they can not even locate a copy of they letter they sent me... go figure!

After I inquired, a customer service supervisor called me, couldn't explain the situation, and was extremely rude and unprofessional. I have owned 4 homes in my lifetime, and this is by far the worst mortgage company I have ever had to deal with.
 10th of Jul, 2008 by    +1 Votes
My mortgage was sold to everhome mortgage.They said I was late on my payment.I sent my payment on the 9th of evry month and it would not clear until the 18Th of every month. I had a attorney look into this.They would not even talk to my lawyer about my issue. I think its time for a class action suite to happen.Many home owners are suffering due to one morgage company.
 2nd of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
My mortgage was sold to Everhome and we have had nothing but problems. My payments are sent through billpay electronically on the 1st of every month.I got a letter yesterday telling me that I owe them 1500.00 in late charges!! Then they tell me that my escrow paymetn has increased by 60.00 a month. hoever my insurance decreased by 200 a year and my taxes are the same that they have been for the past 2 years. So where is this increase in escrow coming from. I have tried to call and was put on hold for 30 minutes. There is no customer service and I cannot believe that they will not call me back. I have never been so frustrated with a compnay. We have had this house for 14 years and have never had this type of problme with a mortgage company. Does anyone have any suggestions?
 15th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Everhome got to be the worst company to deal with. They got my mortg in 01/07 noting but a headache from day one. I am in the process of trying to refi- now i, I rather deal with a long shark than Everhome. I am sure there will be a class action lawsuit soon against them and I will be right there waiting.
 20th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Everhome Sucks...been fighting with them for months..years actually..I came across some important peoples email address if anyone is interested. I bombarded all of them yesterday and got a call back said they were looking into it. I gave them till 8-22-08 then I am bombarding them again it took me 3 hours to figure out the problem shouldn't take them 3 days. Every time you call the customer service line ask the person if they have ever googled everhome mortgage complaints and they can see how their customer service sucks. AND KEEP NOTES OF EVERYTHING YOU DO WITH THEM NO MATTER HOW SMALL
 12th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
My nightmare with Everhome. It began when I got divorced, I got the house. I filed the quit claim deed, thought everything was going to be ok. After all, I signed the deed of trust as "borrower" as well as ex. Boy was I wrong! Right away I had no rights whatsoever. I had to send twice, my divorce papers stating I got the house. For almost the first two years I didnt get statements. They refused to tell me where they we're being sent(im assuming exs doing). Finally after threatening ex that I would be late every month I got statements. Then I wasn't allowed to speak to them about the mortgage. Everhome said I was on the deed of trust but not on the mortgage. The ex verbally told them I could speak on his behalf. So for the next two years I could speak to them. Altho it seems stupid since I did sign as borrower, they said only way to get my name on the note was to refinance. They wanted $800 and I had to qualify. Well not a wise decision since im in yr 13 of a 30 yr loan, not to meantion I couldnt qualify. They offered me a very high interest rate with a balloon note.No thanks, im not starting all over paying them all that interest. Well last yr after illness, no health insurance, I got behind on the payments. I of couse was not allowed to do a loan modification, only ex could and he refused. They we're foreclosing on my house, not just against ex, but against me also. Funny, go back to I signed as borrower on the deed of trust but have no rights but they foreclose on me too. A few days before the sale they filed the bankruptcy papers. I was forced to file bankruptcy because I had no rights according to Everhome. Since i've been doing alot of research on my own. My understanding either they do a mortgage, or a deed of trust. So, we have a deed of trust, which I signed as "borrower". We know the meaning of borrower. Also after I filed bankruptcy they refused to talk to me again.I said ive talked to you for 2 yrs now, they said no you havent. I asked to speak to a supervisor, they said you dont have permission. accckkkkkk...They we're late on my insurance payment, wouldnt talk to me so I got hud after them.Then they we're late on my taxes, wouldnt talk to me, so I got hud after them...Now I have to get a paper from ex saying I have permission to speak to them, again. Im also going to ask for any/all paperwork pertaining to the loan and mortgage. Also a amorization, from what they put on my bankruptcy since 1993 we only paid $4400 on the principal.Altho I think the bankruptcy caught it because the claimed amount and scheduled amounts are different. All this will be taken to a real estate attorney. My guess when I signed as borrower im on the loan, and should have had every right given to the ex...Watch out everhome, im not finished yet.
 23rd of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
Mr. Lewis,
We have paid every payment of our 30-year mortgage and even paid more at times. If a late charge came up, it was paid. In August, at the conclusion of our 360 payments, we were told that we would need to continue paying through Dec. '09 which would make it 376 payments.

On Sept 3, we denied the need to continue paying with your firm and were told it would be researched. Tomorrow, I am proceeding in the Commonwealth of Virginia to seek a conclusion to this farce and will, through my attorney, seek a redress to this situation. Our total payments over the 30 + years in well in excess of the loan contract. On Oct. 15, we will be closing on the sale of this house and need to move forward.
 24th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
My complaint is a bit different from all of the ones on here, but I am just as frustrated. My mortgage was sold to Everhome when Irwin Bank went out of business around January 2007. Well, it just so happened that was the time that escrow payments are to be adjusted. Everhome said they never received the appropriate information from Irwin; however, I was able to contact one of the few remaining people at Irwin, who was kind enough to mail me the very documents they sent to Everhome upon the purchase. And of course, the reconciliation was included in their paperwork, along with an anticipated new payment. Everhome never seemed to notice until January 2008 (my payments actually decreased when they took over), when they decided to increase my mortgage by over $600 per month (over half of my then-current mortgage rate) to pay back my escrow for 2007 and to compensate for the new rate for 2008. THEY decided the terms of the repayment - to repay over 12 months - who has an extra $600+ per month just lying around? I sure didn't especially since my husband lost his job at about that same time. I had to beg and plead and get mean with them so I could get the payment plan over 24 months instead of 12 (actually 18 since I had already paid 3 months by then). NOW we are on month 4 that we are unable to pay our mortgage payment - we can begin paying beginning Oct 1, since my husband has found a job. I have been in contact with Everhome since month number 1 and have been able to get anywhere with them. Apparently my "case" was transferred because the case manager is no longer there and I had to wait even longer to get anything resolved. The collections department contacted me today and made me a "repayment offer". Since we are unable to meet the terms of the offer, they referred me to Loss Mitigation, to which i have already submitted all the required documentation of my finances to receive some sort of assitance. But the funny thing is, i have already completed those very same documents and submitted them to Loss Mitigation. And the collection department said they did not have that information in their system. Loss mitigation told me recently that i do not make enough money to qualify for assistance. Mind you, I make $14k more per year than when i received the initial mortgage - how much sense does that make?!?!?!? Has inflation increased that much over the past 3 years??? I am completely confused at this point and have no idea what to do next. One hand does not know what the other is doing at their offices and is driving me crazy!! And besides that, everyone I have talked to from Everhome seems to be hurrying to get off the phone with me.
 6th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
It doesn't surprise me in the least. I've had nothing but problems with my account there, they've screwed it up royally several times over the past few years. When I get an advertisement from them in the mail, I always return it with a note that should I ever need any type of mortgage service, they can rest assured that they will be the absolute LAST place I'd ever consider!!
 31st of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I Hate Everhome Mortgage my loan got transferred from Irwin Mortgage and my payments havent stopped going up !! They have one lame excuse after another, Every year their telling me I have an escrow shortage last year it was 1300 this year its 2700 .Are anyone else having this problem? And the icing on the cake I went to an tax auction in my area and what did I hear, my House was up for auction Because they didnt pay my property taxes!
 1st of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
 18th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
Well I have had great results with them. When I was going through hard times they were very helpful. They helped me stop forclosure&lower payments. So I'm very happy with them. And cust service was also great.
 24th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agreed EverHome Mortgage is a crappy company plus their employees must be trained to be totally rude and refuse to work with you
 26th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
They "lost" our payment last month and though I had a carbon copy of the check they would not wave the fee to pay on line past the first though in four years we have NEVER made a late payment and I sent it in a week before the first!!! Now, as they suggested I am trying to make an online payment five days before the first and the website will not let me. Telling me to call customer service. It took me two days to get a person on the phone last month and they were rude and not helpful!!!
So pissed out company sold our loan!
 30th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
hazel, how did they help you?

Contact Us