logo

MyGiftCardSite
UNABLE TO USE!!
2. (21 mins ago)
newessays.co.uk
Company rips customers off and provides nothing
3. (37 mins ago)
American Airlines
Unaccompanied Minor Policy/ Children left alone!
4. (41 mins ago)
fugenx.com
Their work is horrible, slow and doesn’t worth of your money
5. (42 mins ago)
NEESA LEISURE LTD, Gandhinagar
Non payment of fixed deposits payment by Company

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Everest College

Posted:    ionosphere

TV ads

Seattle, Washington
Everest College advertises from morning to late afternoon, Monday-Friday, EVERY COMMERCIAL BREAK, sometimes twice in a break, during judge, cop, and talk shows (channel 13 here in Seattle).

I'm so sick of them. How can anyone afford to advertise so much? Their ads are insulting and idiotic and every one of them is the same stupid format: talk a few seconds, turn off camamera, turn back on camera, image jerks, talk a few more seconds. Or even worse on some, you have a whole bunch of people say one or a few words one at a time and then someone else continue the sentence.

I wish they'd be sued more and go out of business. Then I'd like to see Kaplan College and IIT Tech go out of business too, as they advertise almost as much.
Comments United States Annoying Commercials
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Nov, 2008 by   galensaysyes -1 Votes
If you're talking about the same ads we do in L.A.--black guy who at first tried to sound like a rapper/street guy and talked rude--"You're on the phone all the time anyway!"--then got more polite, but also more like an actor (but now they're running his first ads again)...yeah, he wore out his welcome a long time ago. And the other trying-to-be-a-rapper guy who says, "The money wasn't tight, but it wasn't right--it wasn't RIGHT. YaknowwhatImean?" really annoys me.

But even these ads are 100% better than Everest's ads used to be. And I like some of the real students on them, especially one Hispanic woman who really sounds like she has it together.

As a funny sidelight, in one of the ads the pseudo-street guy has a conversation with one of the students where they're both so mumble-mouthed that for weeks I heard it wrong. What it sounded like was:
--You have any friends?
--No, not at all.
--You know how much you eat?
--How much?
--This much. Zero.
This was hard for me to interpret, but I finally decided it meant that if you have no social life and don't eat, you'll have plenty of money for school. But that seemed like a strange message to put across, and finally I sat close and listened and realized that what the one guy was saying was: You have any TRAINING? and: You know how much you NEED? ...Which made more sense.
 30th of Jan, 2009 by   Rosanna's Mom +1 Votes
We have the same ads in Orlando FL. During Cops, the judge shows, Maury, etc. These people are everywhere. I went to Everest for one year and have nothing to show for it! What a joke.
 9th of Feb, 2009 by   ionosphere 0 Votes
They must spend a good part of the money they get from suckers in paying for all the excessive tv ads. It is unbelievable that they are on all day every day a million times.
 4th of Mar, 2009 by   alexandra 0 Votes
We get these ads in Ontario as well. They're always on during the day, or really late at night. Just because I watch tv during the day (when most people are at work) does not mean that I am a bum!!! Same goes for night time. I work afternoons, so I watch tv during hours when most are at work. That does not mean I need to get a better education!
On the same note, I hate when I see all those late-night "call and chat with local, hot singles" commercials. Just becuase I watch tv at two in the morning does not mean I am lacking sex! Not everyone who watches tv late at night is a loser! GAWD!!
 18th of Apr, 2009 by   shi.shi 0 Votes
YEs omg im so sick an tired of this commercial we have it all the time during BET Saturdays.. or on the weekdays the channel where maury comes on. I mean it looks so fake cause every commercial they have a new number under the black guy Lol

And u are right Kaplan is garbage i went there an i had no help i didn't learn nothin.. so i stop going an i was only there for 2months not even a full 2months an they left me with a 2thousand dollar bill which i am not going to pay because i have no job and I Just gave birth to my baby. Now im attending to a REAL college that is helping me an I know i will be getting a real degree in.
 30th of Jul, 2009 by   Areyoukiddingme29 0 Votes
I just viewed an episode of Dr.Phil..07/30/2009...and the 24 year old woman that is on this episode is clearly the same woman on these Everest College commercials. You know, the one stating that she held down a job, took care of her kids, AND finished college? WELL...she is crying to Dr.Phil that she works at A bbq joint as a waitress...and cannot go to school because she has to work and raise her children. She says she "wishes" she could get a degree in the medical field...so that she can get a good job, but she cannot afford it. SO..Dr.Phil just paid her bills for a year, presented her with a brand new vehicle, and is sending her to college. Funny though...since she already has a degree in the medical field...and she accomplished this all while working and raising her kids. Right? WRONG. Google it...look for it on You Tube...you'll see for yourself. Unbelievable. Feel free to contact me at blantonchris97@yahoo.com
 20th of Oct, 2009 by   Natakim Jones 0 Votes
Check your facts chris blanton. This woman is for real, Dr. Phil provided the cash to go to a National Institute of Technology and it is conceivable she opted to attend Everest instead. She finished and earned the same degree she discusses on her commercials. Stop being so cynical & why list your personal information? Why would anyone want to talk to you about this if you are so negative about this person? I do thank you for the YouTube hint.
 29th of Oct, 2009 by   Manopla 0 Votes
I googled this shit about everest college Ad, & bam !!! Here I found a forum 4 it. So all I'm saying is that is always the same thing. Minorities, minorities, minorities!! It's always a black or Hispanic single mother that didn't have a job.., bla bla bla.. I'm surprised no one has taken these complaints to mainstream media, this is racial profiling. Why they don't show some white trailer trash saying the same thing??? Never. There are 4 or 5 commercials & nothing has changed.
 4th of Jan, 2010 by   James L. 0 Votes
That black guy on the Everest College commercial.. he's a horrible actor. Not only I'll never go to that college, I don't even like black guys anymore (just kidding, but he does look bad for all the other black actors). I hope he dies from cancer. He reminded me a guy (not black) I knew that kept telling everyone else to stay in school when he dropped out cuz he kept cutting some of his college classes...
 16th of Feb, 2010 by   Ferfer -3 Votes
Everest uses REAL students, not actors.
 1st of Dec, 2010 by   Mizzbehavin +1 Votes
I was just wondering where the black guy on the commercial went, They are not showing him anymore, (in the central tx area) So kuddos!! I too was insulted & very tired of this commercial, so much that as soon as he came on I turned the channel & flashed back once he was off. Just as I thought he was off BAM! He was right back before the program I was looking at returned. So although I wish him no harm good rittens!!!
 10th of Jan, 2011 by   the girl is real 0 Votes
Okay I just googled everest myself and came across everests website where they talked about tyerra being on dr. Phil. She did go to the school she did finish and is now a medical assistant. Dr.phil helped her with her bills awhile back because she was raising her siblings because her parents are dead. All of this is true. She went to the long beach school while working at the bbq place and taking care of her siblings. Now they all are doing great with the help of her degree and the help from dr. Phil. And she graduated with a 4.0 people should be commending tyerra not condemning her! Good job tyerra!
 12th of Jun, 2012 by   nariman 0 Votes
i wish you ppl. would take off that dam asshole black guy who can, t even fix his cap in the right position..and who the hell film a commerical in the night, and telling people that they spend all their time watching tv..at least we are watching good things until a ahole ugly ass appear on my tv..this is not what i, m paying cable money for, take that monkey off my tv..we know that he never went to everest college, because he can, t even speak with his eyes moving to read the darn script and still he, s mumbling the words..get him some education and then let him do your commerical, as far as i, m concern, no one will attend this college, because from your commerical we knew that you are fake..fake fake..new name [EVEREST FAKE MAKE BELIEVE COLLEGE]..get the hell off my television..

Sweepstakes Clearing House and Online Auto Scams