logo

Bad service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Evaluesoftware.com Complaints & Reviews - I believe I have lost $1650 instead of saving $200

Evaluesoftware.com Contacts & Informations

Evaluesoftware.com

Posted: 2011-03-18 by    Megale

I believe I have lost $1650 instead of saving $200

Evaluesoftware.com
evaluesoftware.com
I am SO SORRY that I tried to save $200 by buying from this company. I will NEVER buy from them again because I believe I have lost $1650 instead of saving $200. I wanted to buy Adobe Creatve Suite 5 Master Collection for my business marketing dept, and I needed the full version, which has an MSRP of $2500. An online search indicated that evaluesoftware sells it for $1650. Other online sellers were selling it as low as about $1850. The evaluesoftware.com website description reads that the bundle "includes upgrade version PLUS a previous qualified version of the software that allows for a full installation/activation on 2 computers". I called evaluesoftware prior to placing my order to be sure that it was a legitmate license and to be sure that it was NOT just an upgrade version. Also, I wanted it quickly, and the website had an overnight shipping option. On the phone, they assured me that it was a legitimate license, and that they had it in stock, so I would get it within 2 days if I paid overnight, and 5 days without extra shipping cost. I paid the overnight shipping on Wed morning, expecting it to arrive by Friday. It did not. I called on Monday to inquire, and Alysa said it had been out of stock when I ordered it, but it would come in later in the week. When I said I needed it right away and they had originally told me it was in stock, they said they would check with a supervisor and call me back about sending me a download. They never called back. I called again the next day, and this time, they agreed to refund my overnight shipping charge and said they would drop ship the software from their California supplier overnight. I received software from CA the next day, but it was only an upgrade version, so the box said that I could not load it on my computer without a previous version. I called again, and after explaining the situation in detail to Katie, she put me on hold to speak with Nate who I had talked to the day before, and I stayed on hold for 20 minutes until I hung up and called back. Nate answered, which meant that no one had had any intention of ever coming back to me on hold. I read aloud to Nate their online description indicating that they would provide an outdated version with the upgrade version for a full install. Nate told me to go ahead and open the box so I could give him some info from it, but I refused to open it because then I would own it, and I would not be able to use it! He tried to coerce me into opening the box, telling me he could give me a key if he had info from inside the box. This was when I figured they were trying to stick me with it. He said he would check with his shipping dept about a previous version or a key and get back to me. So far, no results. I am SO SORRY that I tried to save $200 by buying from this company. I will NEVER buy from them again because I believe I have lost $1650 instead of saving $200. Not only did they misrepresent the product they were selling, but the purported "previous qualified version" is probably a pirated license, if and when I ever get it. I've learned my lesson! Pay the MSRP once and forget paying twice because of crooks.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Expired Food, Wasted Money