logo

Posted:    diddlysquat2

Serenity Pack Scam

Europcar- Bergerac Airport
France
We recently returned from our holiday in France, where we hired a car from Europcar Bergerac airport. We returned the car in the same condition as hired, with a full tank of petrol. We were therefore very surprised to discover a few days after our return that Europcar had drawn 396 Euros from our account without any communication with ourselves regarding this.
It took me just over 3 weeks of constant e-mailing and phoning to discover that I had unknowingly signed up for their "Serenity Pack". I am furious. When I came to collect my car the document I saw was in French which I have a very limited knowledge of. I was asked to sign and initial the contract where a staff member had marked the document with a cross and to return the car with a full tank of petrol otherwise I would be charged for re-fueling. I was never offered any insurance cover, I never asked for any insurance cover and I was certainly never told that I was signing for insurance or that there would be any additional charges on my car hire. I have never heard of a Serenity Pack before and no-one explained to me what a Serenity Pack was. In addition to this the contract document forwarded to me by Europcar appears to have been amended with the words " I agree to be charged for the Serenity Pack" added to the document I originally signed. Indeed I had taken out my own excess insurance policy in the Uk and would certainly not have knowingly signed up for any other insurance policy.
I cannot help feeling that I put my trust in what I thought to be a reputable Company with an International standing and was taken advantage of.
Since registering on this site I have read a number of identical complaints relating to the Europcar office at Bergerac, some dating back to as early as 2007. Europcar UK told me they are aware of the issue as are my brokers Autoeurope but if this practice has been going on for the past 2 years why has nobody put a stop to it? Needless to say I have not received a refund or an apology from Europcar and am thoroughly frustrated by the amount of wasted time and energy I am having to spend in contesting this issue.
Comments France Car Rental
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Dec, 2009 by   hullkrover 0 Votes
I was also a victim of the serenity pack scam and have had no joy from their customer services with my complaint.BEWARE AND AVOID.
 31st of Jul, 2014 by   rosste 0 Votes
"Would you like the extra insurance that reduces your excess to 0 sir?"..."At 200 GBP No thanks"...then why does it appear on my credit card...I also see manchester airport is quoted here on another complaint...are the customer service reps being targeted too hard??

Daycare Scam