logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Leor Skin Care
They started to steal from us
2. (38 mins ago)

etax.com, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Not a 'free' federal filing service

etax.com Contacts & Informations

etax.com

Posted: 2012-02-09 by    texasmad

Not a 'free' federal filing service

etax.com
Texas
Phone: 817 734 7695
The website says 'Free' filing for federal. Don't believe this. We don't have state filing. I get to the end of the process, and the website wants a payment or 'just' take it out of your tax return. Not only NO, HELL NO. It is supposed to be free, I call the toll free number, the customer service person immediately puts me on hold, returns to line and can't understand why I might be upset. I just put all of my information into their website, and now they are asking for payment. After several minutes of the CS rep trying to put back on hold, I demanded a supervisor. After 10 minutes I get Myra #113851. She wants to know the problem. The problem is I just put all of my personal information into their website, and now they want payment for something they said would be free. AND, yes AND the website wants my DL and more personal information. Really? The supervisor Myra says it is not free that I should read the agreement. DAMN RIGHT I SHOULD HAVE, I demanded they delete my information, she said she did. I will sue this company if anything comes my way after this event.
Comments United States Tax Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Feb, 2012 by   keya maria 0 Votes

over charged on fees - etax.com

the fee for the service is 19.99...they took 80.00
 13th of Feb, 2012 by   Senior from Texas 0 Votes
I too was scamed by etax.com. I thought the service was free to file it was not and they took $95.00 from me through my tax refund. I just hope enough people read this to put these people out of business. I guess they feel good taking money from a senior citizen who is on a fix income.
 14th of Feb, 2012 by   etax.com scam 0 Votes
I too was scammed by etax. Not free. They stole $95. From me. Just regular tax did not file state. Direct deposit. Bullshit!
 14th of Feb, 2012 by   etax.com scam 0 Votes
I too was scammed by etax.com. Not free. They stole $95. From me. Just a regular tax no state filing. Direct deposit. Bullcrap. Im still gonna fight!
 17th of Feb, 2012 by   idahopatti 0 Votes
I qualified for a free return and also had $95 deducted from my return. Who can you complain to? That is false advertising!
 23rd of Feb, 2012 by   t2dawn@gmail.com 0 Votes
Etax took money from my mom when we thought it was free. How can anyone conduct business without imforming an individual of the costs. Etax.com is a scam, and should be prosecuted.
 24th of Feb, 2012 by   blindsidedbyEtax.com 0 Votes
I too was scammed out of $85. They say they are a free filing site but this is an out and out LIE!!! As I am writing this I am on the phone with etax.com for the 3rd time and have been given the run around about what to do to get the fees refunded. Etax tells me that my "processing fee" is 19.95 (was suppose to be free) but the bank in Santa Barbara says the fee was actually 49.90 and a efile fee of 5.00 (total 54.90.) In order for the bank to refund their fee they need a letter faxed to them from Etax.com stating they refunded etax.com's processing fee then the bank will refund the amount of 29.95 which is their (the banks) fee for transferring the tax return. Once again I called etax.com back to relay the information that a letter needed to be sent to the bank for a fee refund and was told by the floor manager, Chuck ID#1122 that they do not send out letters to the bank and that they are not allowed to have any communication with the bank. I called the Santa Barbara Bank and Trust back and told them what "Chuck" had told me and they said that they have refunded the bank fees in the past but can only do so when a letter is faxed over. This is ridiculous!!! I have been unemployed almost a year now and struggling to keep a roof over my head. Etax.com is stealing money from people who cannot afford to pay these fees when it was suppose to be free.
I URGE EVERYONE HERE TO CONTACT: RT SOFTWARE who I'm told is the was listed as an affiliate company of Etax.com and complain. Who knows maybe if we all rally together we can get our money back.
 29th of Feb, 2012 by   sanjib_nath 0 Votes
I was scammed $95.00. How can I get my money back ?
 2nd of May, 2012 by   magicalgreen72 0 Votes
They got me for $114 yesterday. I was told that on four pages where I put my name that it was stated on there. I think I would notice this four times. Who on earth that's only getting $260 back would agree to this? No one. They told me that a $49.95 fee came from them and the rest was for a bank that collects the money from the IRS. The bank charges a loan fee to do this. Now I could understand this fee if my refund came within 24 hours. I waited two weeks like everyone else, how is this a loan? And since they took their money before the deposit into my account my bank has no record of it and therefore cannot to anything. Yet on my account it never shows a breakdown of charges and they even had my return amount wrong. I a now looking into Unfair Government Practices. Before you use this sight check out the Better Business Bureau ... they score a big fat F
 25th of Jan, 2013 by   shawntyz 0 Votes
I. Just did my tax return with tthem hope they don't take 100 bucks out of it
 13th of Feb, 2013 by   hdk63 0 Votes
I had the same experience with them. They claim to be free and after they have all your pesonal and bank account information you see a fee applied on the very last page with no way to cancel transaction. I logged out so I'm not sure if it went through or not. When I called the woman assured me that if I logged out before the end it wouldn't go through. I already refiled with another company. Guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.
 4th of Mar, 2013 by   etax.comsucks! 0 Votes
etax.com is a kniving and very rude company that has no customer service skills. I just called twice about a 29.95 fee that was charged to my account that I was completely unaware that I was going to be paying. The first time the customer service representative told me the invoice telling me I was going to have to pay the fee was on the right hand panel under my fed and ca refund statements and there was nothing he could do because it was already processed. I then went through the website process again only to discover that they had lied to me and the invoice bar only pops up during the last page or so of the whole process. I called back again and was transferred to the same rude customer service representative (I had no choice) and when I informed him that it only pops up for the last page or so and is in a different box that has no connection or reference to the credit card information I was asked to put in he immediately just said I was stupid for putting in my information. Which I now agree to but at the time I thought it could have been asking for the information so they could take the $13 CA tax fee I owed or a million other reasons thinking that the company would be honest enough to clearly inform me that I was being charged a fee. On top of that the page before I put in my information informs be that I qualify for 3 years of free taxes of which I didn't notice that cleverly the word federal was hidden in there. Sure this fee is not astronomically large but for a college student who isn't even receiving $30 in tax refunds, its not easy. Sure I understand that a company may want to charge a fee for their services but the thing I'm upset with in this circumstance is that the company went out of their way to post the word FREE in large letters everywhere (even on the page asking for your credit card information when they would have spent some time stating that you would be paying a __ fee) and tricking so many people into paying charges they are unaware of as well as very rude customer representatives who try to blame the situation on the customer instead of trying to fix the problem themselves THIS COMPANY IS DEFINITELY NOT GETTING MY BUSINESS EVER AGAIN.
 2nd of May, 2013 by   Norma Combs 0 Votes
Well I guess I too was scammed by this company what was suppose to be free, cost me $85.65. I can't believe they can get by with this. I would Join a class action law suit against this company if there is one. I have been out of work for over 10 months, this is absolutely not right

Ways to Avoid Increasing Bank Fees