logo

Enterprise Financial Group

Posted: 2011-02-16 by    Moswest

Group is full of ish

Enterprise Financial Group
I got a warranty thru Mogi and was taken for granted by the company that they sold my contract to which is Enterprise Financial Group. I had coverage with them for almost a year and the very first time I go to request a claim for repairs they inform me that I have to pay out of pocket up to $1, 000 before they will confirm whether or not if they will repair my vehicle. This is ridiculous! The mechanic will have to take apart my transmission and find the exact piece that has failed in order to repair. Why in the world would I do that. This process will take up to a week. In the meantime, I don't have another car and will have to pay for a rental out-of-pocket until the company decides if they will pay for anything. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! THEY ARE RIDICULOUS!!! They don't pay for anything and you won't get your money back from them. I canceled my warranty with them and have decided to find a better legitimate company. BE WARE!
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of May, 2011 by   Daniel Raike 0 Votes
Enterprise Financial Group [EFG] Just done me the same way this company is a scam and i plan to file a law suit against them If you have been scammed by this company or by Moter Vehicle Solutions please contact me at hawkspd5@yahoo.com we will be stronger in numbers We can not afford to let big buisness by with these outragious scam's
 17th of Nov, 2011 by   Dury 0 Votes
Beware! I visited with Customer Sales rep at Vehicle Assurance firm who explained that one of the very best warranty providers was Enterprise Financial Group. He explained their Extended Auto Full Ultimate Coverage Plan to me. It sounded very good. Of course he offered an "immediate" sign up discount of 20% off annual cost. I asked him to email me a copy of their warranty plan/contract. He said he was doing so as we talked; 24 hours later and it has still not arrived.
Beware of what you cannot see and read!
 5th of Jan, 2012 by   Sparticus1 +2 Votes
EFGs business model seems to be based on denial of claims (sometimes called "pre-existing" without ANY evidence to support "pre-existence"). Typical claimant needs the car, and it's already in the shop...so pays for repairs. EFG smiles, because you have just been a$$-raped. I have fought these bastard animals and prevailed. The procedure is simple, and most of it can be completed on-line (cut and paste statement of issue, etc.) Begin with a Certified, Return-receipt letter to John Pappanastros, Pres. This may be your most important maneuver (use a simple format, like that found here: http://www.usa.gov/topics/consumer/complaint/complaint-letter.shtml ). The certified letter elevates the importance of the piece, and it should get opened and read. Then, BLAST COMPLAINTS to (at least):
BBB Dalas, TX (online) and BBB (your location)
TX Dept of Licensing and Regulation (very important)
Dept of Insurance (your state)
Attorney General or Consumer Fraud (your state)
USPO (online)
FTC (online)
and make it clear that you have "intent-to-sue" in an additional letter (once you have verified that the pro-se, or small-claims, court in your county allows for an action for warranty fraud {most do}).
DO NOT BACK DOWN! Get the above attack list going, and support the agencies any way they ask. Keep good records and be relentless. Also, incessant e-mail complaints and inquiries might be useful (I didn't use them, but I would have if I needed to)> The EFG emails seem to follow the format of firstinitiallastname @efgusa.com.
Best of luck to all. Please post your results here, also.
 2nd of Feb, 2012 by   Don't get mad get even 0 Votes
I was dumb enough to buy, 2 months later had a strut brg. go out and they not only will not pay, they blocked my phone for every number at St. Peters MO and Irving TX. I have filed complaints with the Attorney Generals in MO MN SD WI. Also with the insurance commissioners in MN & MO. Got a letter today from MN AG telling me to file a complaint with the MN Dept. of Commerce. The following is every States Attorney General
 10th of May, 2012 by   1CALGAL 0 Votes
I just purchased an extended warranty from a broker called Mepco.. who works with Enterprise Financial Group... Now that I have read of these complaints I think I will call and request a refund as I have 30 days to do so..They did knock the price down from $6900 to $2865 for a 5 yr extended warranty.. I felt very pressured.. I should have known it was to good to bew true.. plus being a female they sucked me in...
 5th of Jul, 2012 by   fed up in georgia 0 Votes
I, too, have been ripped off by Vehicle Protection of America and the Enterprise Financial Group (EFG) with regards to an extended warranty. I have had my policy almost 1 1/2 years (only 1 payment left) and had to take my car in for service on the AC unit. Of course, the particular part that was malfunctioning was not "listed" in the list of part covered under the warranty for an AC system. I was informed I was purchaing a "bumper to bumper" policy that covered everything except routine maintenance items. They are very inflexible when trying to resolve complaints. So, unless you are a mechanic who knows every single part the makes up a particular operating unit on a car, and would therefore know which parts are not listed, I would suggest you stay away from these companies. I have filed a complaint with the better business bureau and may take it further as someone mentioned above.
 6th of Jul, 2012 by   Angie in GA 0 Votes
Glad I didn't get suckered by the lengthy call I got yesterday from EFG. Like "fed up in georgia", it was definitely a high pressure call. Wouldn't give me a phone # to call back. Had to give credit card right then. Quoted me $2263 for 5 years and said it covered everything but the "rubber". I kept telling him I couldn't make a decision without talking to my husband 1st. He kept saying, just pay now, you have 30 days to decide. I told him it sounded a little fishy since they didn't have any information for me to read and I couldn't call back to make a decision. I also said there was no way I was giving my credit card over the phone when I had no proof of who he was. After about a half hour on the phone, he just hung up on me. NOT happy about wasting my time!
 10th of Jul, 2012 by   Crook Bustter 0 Votes
What else needs to be said? These guys are the offspring of the worst used car sales vermin. The feed you a high pressure sales pitch and try every trick in the book to get you to buy on the spot. Once they realize that they are not going to sell the policy, they resort t scare tactics and wish you luck when your car breaks down and you will need to pay for a huge repair bill. It appears that they deny many claims so what's the difference? Stay away from these crooks.
 20th of Jul, 2012 by   Msbsldy 0 Votes
Thanks for this complaint board- I'm glad I decided to do some investigation after my call with EFG which they sold me a warranty. I will be cancelling tomorrow. I knew it seemed fishy!
 15th of Aug, 2012 by   radioham 0 Votes
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this board. I was bombarded with mail for them and finally decided to call for info. It was typical "buy now or the offer won't last" sales pitch by young smooth talking guys who don't want to let you hang up without getting your credit card number. My condolences to those who got burned - just proves there still ain't no free lunch!
 22nd of Jan, 2013 by   Shansolo1 0 Votes
DO NOT DO IT!!!
Thanks to everyone for writing about their experiences. I just got off a lengthy phone conversation with these guys and they def put a lot of pressure on me to feel like I had to buy right then and right there. The call started with quoting me 4475 for a 5 yr warranty: 395 down, 339 per month, ended with a quote of 3500: 190 down, 150 per month. I was given a student discount, medical profession discount, and "special promotion" discount. This place is a total scam and I seriously almost fell for it. Then I told them I had to talk to my husband and they hung on me only to start calling me back to back at my job. Good thing they hung up because i found these comments and called my dealership and they told me my warranty on my car was still active for another year and half and covered the standard things that most warranties cover. Thank God I did not give my credit card info...
 19th of Mar, 2013 by   jnbesancon 0 Votes
Thank you so much for posting these comments!! I was just called by Enterprise Financial Group and offered a 5 year warranty plan that covers the next 100, 000 miles. All sounded really good considering I could desperately use a warranty plan for my car. Thank God I listened to my instincts and told them I did not feel comfortable giving any of my information over the phone without any real proof of who they were. The two men I was talking to then got extremely pushy and started really pressuring me to do this. I told them that I was at work and could not talk at the moment but if they would give me their phone # and address, I would gladly call them back on my lunch hour. They would not give me their phone # and would only tell me they were located in Irvine, Texas. I immediately came to this site and found your comments. Once again...THANK YOU says the single mom that works 2 jobs and just trying to make it in this mean ole world!!! SCAMMERS SUCK!!!
 25th of Mar, 2013 by   John3221 0 Votes
This is a great company, people have to understand that everything is not covered, and it depends on how you keep the maintenance up on your vehicle if they pay out claims, it's no scam at all. The company is not going to pay for your motor blowing out if you never changed the oil, they're not going to fix your breaks if you let them rust down and have leakage, you have to keep the upkeep on the vehicle up to par. Again, great company to use, they've been in business 35 years for a reason.
 29th of Mar, 2013 by   Luebs 0 Votes
Just called these guys about a policy. Pushy is an understatement. They did everything they could to get me to sign and give them my credit card info in 5 minutes. I said I needed to research your company and they said they had only 2 complaints on the web against them regarding literature sent to their house!. SO WRONG! I see page after page of people getting ripped off by them after being signed up. Thank God I trusted my instincts about this company and did some checking. Enterprise is a scam it looks like and I'm glad I didn't get caught. Thank you people for taking the time to tell us what they were all about.
 5th of Apr, 2013 by   loralie1256 0 Votes
thanks for the reviews. it saved me a lot of problems.
 10th of Sep, 2013 by   Say What?????? 0 Votes
I have owned several warranties for my cars in the past, and this Company (i use this term 'lightly'') has got to be the worst ever. They are nothing short of con artist and bull$hiters to the highest degree. Everyone in the company from Cust. Sevice, Claims, etc.are all about the heist, and to hell with the customer (sucker). DO NOT, DO NOT purchase a warranty from this company. The whole set-up is a sham. Wait 30 day plus 1K miles, then if something happens to your car you must pay and authorize the 'tear down' and pay for it, if your claim is denied. But, if something happen to your car 25 or 2, 000 miles after the 30 day 1K mark, they've deny you claim. If this company call you, hang up! Dealing with them is like dealing with people in the Timeshare sales business. BRUTAL!!!
 20th of Sep, 2013 by   Alex_Drasil 0 Votes
My name is Alex Drasil and I work for Enterprise Financial Group. I manage our claims division, and the comments shared in this post were given to me by our online customer service group. First, I want to speak on behalf of the company and communicate to everyone here how serious we are about customer service, and about keeping the strongest of ethical business practices. I can assure everyone on this thread that we are in the claims honoring business to legitimately serve our customers. In fact, 96% of payments are made to repair shops by credit card within one hour of invoice receipt. I would strongly encourage you to call me directly to discuss any concerns you have with a claim that you submitted. My direct line is 972-445-8337. I look forward to speaking with each of you, and to hopefully put to rest any issues you have with your contract or working with EFG.
 14th of Oct, 2013 by   Ritte 0 Votes
YUUUUUUUP These car warrentys are a scam My name is Chris I worked for all 3 companies there basred out of orange county CA Go ahead give Jason and Karen a call bug the shit out of them 2900 S. Harbor BLV ste 210 Santa ana CA 92704 good luck there are your answers
 14th of Oct, 2013 by   Ritte 0 Votes
Oh And Karen J CAll her 714 966 2584 office Cell 626 239 5804 MT name is Clifton 714 818 5314 call me
 7th of Jan, 2014 by   bigknoc 0 Votes
Well i dont know what to do or say now was putting money down tomorrow but after all these claims a bit nervous but one thing i havent seen is anyone express a good warranty company so lets put them up thanks because i think theres no company that will just fix anything plz help me understand.

Beware of Fake Websites and Phishing Scams