logo

Lifemates
Humiliating sales practices
3. (59 mins ago)
movinghelp.com partnered with U-Haul
Flawed review system do not trust it!
4. (1 hr 5 mins ago)
Everstar Wine Cooler
New wine cooler that doesn't work
5. (1 hr 23 mins ago)

Enterhealth.com

Posted:    West

Its all about the money

Enterhealth.com
I paid to have my son under their care. charge $15, 000 for prometa.+ $thousands. mo. Detox thru them is charging you for a room and seeing you 1-2 times day. Left alone to deal with hallucinations and sickness and give them medicine for themselves to administer. Past history of pneumonia was listless unattended and died of complications all alone. Watch out for the detox program. Charge differently dependent on ablility to pay clean your cash out if you let them.
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Mar, 2010 by   Enterhealth 0 Votes
I believe it is imperative to correct the misrepresentations that have been made with regard to Enterhealth on ComplaintsBoard.com. At no time, since Enterhealth opened its doors in December 2008, have we ever had a patient death, or even a similar circumstance to what you described, at our Life Recovery Center. We were sincerely sorry to learn of your loss through this forum and extend our deepest sympathies. At Enterhealth, client safety and physical well-being is paramount to our care. Our alcohol and drug treatment program is individualized to meet each client’s needs. Whether it's withdrawal stabilization, anti-addiction medications, individual or family therapy, we customize our approach and are focused on helping each client fully recover his/her life. Obviously, this tragedy is associated with another provider and we must set the record straight for readers of this forum.

David M. Kniffen, Jr.
President
Enterhealth
(214) 261-1130
 3rd of May, 2010 by   phoenix2009 -1 Votes
I disagree completely with the comments made by West. I was a residential client at Enterhealth during 2009 and I can attest that the care and treatment that I received was first rate. The testament to the success of Enterhealths program is in the many clients such as myself that have regained their life back and are living a life of sobriety.
 10th of May, 2010 by   sharkbite +1 Votes
I was a patient at Enterhealth in the summer of 2009. I was frustrated at the lack of care I was given. I was promised a handful of different treatments that never came to fruition. I did not see a psychologist for well over a week, and I was badgered into taking Prometa at a cost of $15, 000. They eventually backed off when I told them I did not have that kind of money. They also insisted that I stay for 60 to 90 days without a proper diagnosis. When you are in a vulnerable state, complex decisions are hard to make. My advice is to take some one with you to the initial interview who is not emotionally wrapped up in your sobriety. I left the program early because I simply was not getting a return on my investment. Through my own determination and hard work, I have remained sober and healthy. Rehab is what you make out of it. It can be a great tool if you are truly ready to quit. I believe Enterhealth may have the right intentions in mind but like all for profit businesses, in my opinion, they are more committed to the dollar than the well being of their patients. Most will find that all rehab facilities operate in this dimension. In their defense, they did offer to pay for my care for the rest of my stay as a final consideration. I did appreciate their gesture, but it was too little too late. As with all professional organizations, there were a lot of good people at Enterhealth. I wish them and their patients the best of luck and I hope they will all grow in a positive direction and I hope they use this criticism as a tool to grow instead move backwards.
 20th of Nov, 2014 by   nztotoro -1 Votes
My SO is at Enterhealth and has no complaints. The time you spend there is what you make of it. No one will force you to come to the group sessions so if you want to wallow in your room instead of making a difference, that's your choice and your money wasted. They have a nurses window where you are expected to show up for a small ziplock containing your medications for the next few hours (since most things are taken every 4, 6 or 8 hours, you don't need to constantly be seeing the nurses as it wastes your time and theirs) and attend group sessions on all sorts of topics throughout the day. from what my SO has told me, they have group sessions every other hour that you're expected to attend, but like I said before, no one will make you go. you can feel sorry for yourself and curse your parents alone in your room or in the fitness center, basketball court, tv rooms, or other recreational diversions intended for the hours between sessions. you see a therapist one on one several times a week, in addition to having your medications monitored and adjusted by a psychiatrist. and the food is first rate too! perhaps you ought to consider that your son made the choice to be alone.
 6th of Jan, 2015 by   Lilboipeep +2 Votes
This is the worst company to work for ever. It is one thing to own an establishment and understand what it takes to deal with addiction, but its also another thing to own an establishment and not understand how to truly treat addiction but makes all the decision in a patients care with no Medical degree. The initial appointment is $500.00 self pay when the services are not even top notch. The appearance isn't what it really entails. There have been situation of sexual abuse with clients and patients. They even had two previous patients working at the facilities which caused major issues. One client a guy in particular who was related to Ross Perot was working there after his discharge but could not stay clean. Its frightening knowing that someone is drinking while working in a sober living facility. Although he was at the marketing location off of Douglas ave. They would have wine at the office where he would work on Fridays but expect him to stay clean. David Kniffen Sr. is a big sloppy guy with the largest belly ever. David Kniffen Jr. is the widest pussy ever met. Everyone thinks he secretly gay. Something isn't with Kniffen Jr's wife she appears to be an addict herself just look at her mouth when she speaks. Harold Urschel let all of his people down that was in his court. Almost everyone that worked under him before he sold his practice, he allowed Jr & Sr to fire. That book of Urschel's which he thinks is the best is really a piece of shit in which most Psychiatrist think. He doesn't see patient unless they pay him $2500 per hour. His skills and knowledge is not worth that amount. This company always pressure people into getting a treatment called that was called Prometa in which they call something different now but ultimately it is an intravenous treatment with the medication Flumazenil and Sodium Chloride infused over a set time. The treatment originally belongs to a company called Hythiam now called Catalyst. They are using this treatment illegally. There should be more studies done also this treatment is not FDA approved, just the mediation itself for seizures. David Kniffen Sr. would take staff into meeting rooms and bitch at them if they have not collected a certain amount from patients. This company is constantly changing employees once new hire see what they are all about. Oh they use Ross Perot to speak for them on this situation. He should stay in politics hes old and decrepit. From an insider looking out, I as a healthcare professional would not recommend any patients come here or any one to start applications with this company.
 12th of Jan, 2015 by   Lilboipeep +2 Votes
I will never be a patient that the Enterhealth Ranch again. My parents paid too much money for the unprofessionalism
 15th of Jan, 2015 by   not going back to enterhealth +2 Votes
$75, 000 for detox is about what Enterhealth amounts to. They can give you some advice on sober living and coping mechanisms but the technicians (non-doctor/nurse staff) can be extremely rude and unprofessional. We're now tapering off my boyfriend from most of the 18 or so medications he was put on while at Enterhealth. Every psychiatrist we've spoken to has expressed concern at how many medications he was put on at Enterhealth. Dr Urchsel himself prescribed Haldol and neglected to mention the possibility of a dystonic reaction and the simple solution should the need arise and caused my boyfriend a trip to the ER. They refused to taper him off seroquel which was causing dyskinesia for weeks.
 9th of Mar, 2015 by   David CTX 0 Votes
EnterHealth used to be a better organization. I trued the program for 30 days, two weeks and detox on three different occasions. The last time I visited around October 2014 everything had deteriorated from the sleeping accommodation right on down to the food. The good doctor they did have quit as well as some of the nursing staff. tech's and even the great chef they had! The morale among employees stinks and a couple of them even expressed to me how they hated their jobs and agreed that the company had really taken a nose dive. After being given meds that didn't help with sleeping, being put in a cottage with no bathroom light, a very noisy heating/ac unit and springs poking me through the old run-down mattress I was concerned. The first meal I was given was inedible, completely cold and the potatoes were burned to the point they weren't edible. The services had become so poor I requested to leave after only a few hours and seek quality services which I found. The company charged my bank car $4000 for those few hours and I've called them twice and was promised the President (David) would call me within the next day, but he never did.

I also tried every drug the company claims "heals the addicted brain" and they didn't work for me. Not even the very expensive "Prometta" that they sell for thousands of dollars. It's true, they will determine how long someone should be there depending on how much money they have or are willing to pay for. I agree with this company "it's all about the money" and it's coming from a man who has been to three other repuatble treatment centers over the years from which I gained several years of sobriety. EnterHealth doesn't compare well to any of the others I've attended. (Insurance companies won't even pay for their services).

Perfect Food Company Scams!

Email: