logo

2. (8 mins ago)
Orgreenic cookware
Sticks to eveything
3. (14 mins ago)
Exilant Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
have to got through professional torture if you give a resignation
4. (16 mins ago)
ccieperfectsolutions.com
Cheated me with the product
5. (54 mins ago)
The Resource Scout LLC
Bogus charges and help me to stop them

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

ENT*ENTERTAINMENT BOOK, California Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized Bank Charges

ENT*ENTERTAINMENT BOOK Contacts & Informations

ENT*ENTERTAINMENT BOOK

Posted:    beardove

Unauthorized Bank Charges

California
While looking online at bank statemnents noticed a 25.00 charge from ENT*ENTERTAINMENT BOOK which No One in my family ordered or purchased. Why would anyone want to purchase this more-so when this year is almost over not to mention 90% of what is offered in this entertainment book expires in November and two, when you can purchase this same book for 10 bucks in local town!
Looking this company up on internet not only are their MANY complaints of same or simular problems. WHY IS NOTHING BEING DONE ABOUT THE INVOLVED COMPANY ripping off people right and left?

Finally getting a human to talk to (answering service) said you ordered this 2 years ago so we send it to you on a regular yeay basis! we did not get one last year to say and again why would anyone order something that is about to expire in 2 months anyway and pay 15.00 dollars more plus Shipping... for something you can purchase local fo 10.00 dollars at beginning of the year!!!

pissed off in california
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More ENT*ENTERTAINMENT BOOK complaints
ENT*ENTERTAINMENT BOOK - Fraud

Comments

29th of Nov, 2008 by   Clay Munson 0 Votes
Fraud charge to bank account.
 20th of Aug, 2009 by   Kier31 0 Votes
I just received a book, but no charges yet. Needless to say if they even think about dipping into my checking, they'll be getting a mouthful.
 22nd of Aug, 2009 by   pissedofftoo 0 Votes
They did the same to me and one time I ordered tickets from ticket masters and they double charged me. In this charge they charged me $25. for a book and $7.25 for something else. I agree wholeheartedly they are rip off artist. I did get hold of them and they stated that when I signed up for my tickets for a show in San Antonio I also signed up for this stupid book that is almost exspired.
 19th of Dec, 2010 by   Are they kidding me 0 Votes
That's ok - I ordered 5 books and it's been a week and they haven't even
shipped them yet - Merry #$@^ Xmas to my friends that were getting one
- Order them in advance - or buy locally - or don't give them at all!
 18th of Aug, 2011 by   Judy Bell Sarasota FL 0 Votes
Yes, this company -- Entertainment Books -- has some problems. I just had a $60 unauthorized charge added to my Discover Card. They say it was authorized, I say it wasn't. When a company goes ahead and signs you up for "automatic renewal" and you either do not SEE it, or it was never presented to you, believe me, that charge IS unauthorized. Years back, they sent me a book which had the best coupons already torn out. I had purchased the book mainly for the Publix coupons. They were missing. The company couldn't A) send me the missing sheet of coupons and B) couldn't guarantee me that if I went through the complicated process of returning the book and REbuying a new book that IT would have the coupons! This company is notoriously slow with delivery of their books. You may wait two weeks or longer.
 23rd of Aug, 2011 by   jennifers.7 0 Votes
The entertaiment book just did the exact same thing to me. They withdrew out of my account without permission. I am turning it into my bank as fraud.
 7th of Feb, 2012 by   Miranda1983 0 Votes
I GOT AN EMAIL THAT SAID I COULD PURCHASE AN ENTERTAINMENT BOOK FOR 70% OFF THAT'S $10.50 EACH SO I BOUGHT 2 RIGHT!!! 21.00 BUCKS TOTAL!???

NOOOOOOOOOOO, THEY TOOK OUT OF MY CREDIT CARD$49.00 BUCKS YESSS!!

THAT'S RIGHT I APPROVED A $21.00 PAYMENT THEY TOOK $49.00 DOLLARS..HOW DID THIS HAPPEN..NOT SURE YET..THEY ARE TELLING ME I'M LYING, THEY ARE NOT GIVING ME AN ANWER I STILL HAVE THE EMAIL THOUGH..I'LL BE HAPPY TO SHARE IT!!.. ...BOY I'M UPSET!
 19th of Aug, 2013 by   TygrLi1481 0 Votes
I had my account set to auto-renew and called them to cancel the subscription. I found a charge from them on my credit card today and then called. Apparently the previous advisor did not mark the account and the auto renewal had not been turned off.

The price of the book has also increased in the past year. I consider this company a rip off!
 7th of Sep, 2013 by   Mike DOg 0 Votes
Don't fall for the end of year clearance on the books! I ordered one in June for $5.00 and they put me in for an auto renewal of new books without my authorization! They are TOTAL SCAMMERS at this company! BEWARE!!!
 9th of Jun, 2014 by   bacamp 0 Votes
Just got an email today saying my 2015 books would be shipping out since I was on auto renewal. I called and told them I had never signed up for this service. They said it was part of the deal when you purchased books during closeout. I told them that it was not stated as such when I purchased the books online and I did not want them renewed that they were gifts which I may or may not give this year. They said they would cancel the auto renew but it would cost $5 a book for cancellation. What an unethical way to do business! I do not know any way to stop the charge. I will never buy another Entertainment book.
 1st of Aug, 2014 by   2neyed 0 Votes
I was also suckered by these crooks. Signed up for a 2 for 1 sale in 2012 only to be put on auto-renewal without my explicit agreement. While I have found the book useful in the past, the participation of good restaurants has dwindled significantly to the point where coupons that I use do not cover the cost of the book. The only way to cancel is to call them - it cannot be done online. I tried calling - was on hold for 12 minutes. When the agent answered he indicated that he could not hear me and disconnected. (My phone was not on MUTE).
 8th of Sep, 2014 by   CashKing 0 Votes
Entertainment Book is indeed doing business in an unethical way. If we did choose to auto-renew their service, why Entertainment Book did not sent us any confirmation about the renewal. When we purchase anything online, we will receive both email and online confirmations of what we have purchased right away, but Entertainment Book will not confirm us at all in either way about the renew. The reason is obvious! I spoke with them on phone, initially they insisted me to send back the book and to pay the re-stocking fees. I told them I am NOT obligated to return anything I did not order and would not pay any fees they demand. I am considering to file formal complaint about them to Department of Justice and other concerned authorities. The way they are doing business cannot be tolerated anymore and has to be stopped for the seeks of public interests.

Phishing Scams www.insideIDtheft.info