logo

1. (10 mins ago)
Consolidated Resorts / tahiti Village
Scam, fraud, ripoff, Misrepresentation
2. (29 mins ago)
CHEVROLET MOTORS WORLDWIDE LTD.
CHEVROLET Programs & Events Department
Deposit refund

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Enhanced Billing Services, Inc., Delaware Complaints & Reviews - Billed for services not requested or received

Enhanced Billing Services, Inc. Contacts & Informations

Enhanced Billing Services, Inc.

Posted:    Michele Salerno

Billed for services not requested or received

Enhanced Billing Services, Inc.
Delaware
Phone: 888-295-3724
Illegally charging me for service I did not request. Refused to refund charges and refused to stop billing.
Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Jan, 2009 by   asr9378 +1 Votes
On most recent AT&T phone bill, ESBI (Enhanced Services Billing, Inc.) charged a voicemail to our account (We don't have voicemail), and I cannot get through, the line is busy. AT&T tried to connect me when I called them, even they couldn't get through. AT&T was able to separate my bill, they detached ESBI from my account so I can continue to pay my regular bill without paying ESBI.
 4th of Feb, 2009 by   Jasrec +1 Votes
Just ran into the same scam!!! ATT said they would stop billing me for the service in the future. However they said I had to pay the $42.60 on my current bill!!
 20th of Feb, 2009 by   Annette +2 Votes
Please note that the company that is listed here as Enhanced Billing Services is the incorrect company that is being complained about. THE CORRECT COMPANY THAT YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT IS ENHANCED SERVICES BILLING, INC OR ESBI.
 27th of Feb, 2009 by   ellen stroebel +2 Votes
Our small biz was scammed in this manner with ESBI attached to our AT&T bill $14.95/PER MONTH. We did not authorize voicemail, don't need. It just appeared four months ago. AT&T credited our biz account but said the we have to contact ESBI to remove it permanently. I will be contacting our congressman regarding this scam and hope that everyone else will do the same.
 13th of Mar, 2009 by   ITOA223 +2 Votes
I got one better! WE are a small business... a taxi company. We have over 30 different phone numbers since we are a taxi company, The ESBI tagged everyone of our numbers for $14.95!!! I just got the bill and it was more than $1500. EXTRA!!! than the regular bill! I couldn't believe it! After I started yelling and saying the FCC is involved they immediately told me they would credit my account for the past six months! THIS place is a scam, there are NO services being provided...AT ALL. its wire fraud at it's best. contact the FCC.
 21st of Mar, 2009 by   Eunice +1 Votes
Eunice

This is my second bill from ESBI, I call them the first month and they said they would cancel the services I did not ask for. But I see it's still on my march bill
 13th of Apr, 2009 by   Jennifer +1 Votes
I just received my March phone bill through AT&T and there were 2 charges on there (one for March and one for April) for $14.95 each plus tax for a total of $31.92 for ESBI. I called the number listed on my bill and the person I talked to said someone had signed up for the service online through some coupon website but the e-mail address she said was used wasn't mine. She said she was cancelling the service and a credit would be issued on my next phone bill. We'll see.
 22nd of Apr, 2009 by   Cracker5 +1 Votes
They got me, too, for two months billing. They will not tell me how they got me to sign up for this and claim they sent me an e-mail telling me about my 800 number. This is patently untrue. They are pirates! AT&T would do nothing. I had to call the company to cancel. No refunds.
 18th of May, 2009 by   patty317664 +1 Votes
I was billed on my phone bill through Windstream. I got through to the company and they are cancelling but said I had to pay the April bill...we shall see about that...I will be notifying my phone company on Monday.
 15th of Jul, 2009 by   Sport526 +3 Votes
I was just billed for $15.32 on my AT&T bill & when I called the number listed for ESBI, I told the person that I did not sign up for this service & that I wanted it removed immediatly. She did not argue with me or say she wouldn't credit the charges. She even sent me an email confirming the cancellation & credit. Even after that I didn't trust these people so I called AT&T & told them what happened & she assured me that I would be credited the $15.32 & that if I had another charge on my bill next month & should call the FCC which she gave me the number for. Hopefully I won't have to do that & those crooks will leave my account alone. Make sure you look over your phone bills because it's soooo easy to miss this! I almost did!
 15th of Jul, 2009 by   kat o tonic +2 Votes
I have complacently paid this fee for 12 months, not realizing it wasn't some fee connected with my ATT broadband. I finnally looked into it and found this site. Jeez, there is a thief on every corner! How can ATT bill for something they have no clue about...it just doesn't make sense. I am working on trying to get this sorted out, and in the meantime, I am NOT paying that portion of my phone bill! What a RIP! I don't even know what the 7734 it is for cripes sake.
 6th of Aug, 2009 by   Steve240 +2 Votes
I too complacently paid my company's phone bill not noticing this line item. Looking deep into the invoice from AT&T the line item was supposedly for providing voicemail for one of our fax lines. When I called Enhanced Billing Services they told me one of my employees authorized it in 10/08. Then I looked into it and found they'd been billing our company for 3 years and charged us anything from $14 to $60 per month. Enhance Billing Services said they'd be sure to get back to me in two days with the recorded message with my authorizing employee. While I'm NOT waiting for this bogus return call, I'm working with AT&T who I see as totally responsible for perpetuating the fraud. If I tried to just add other companies' charges to my customers' bills, my customers would freak.
 10th of Aug, 2009 by   Gamers33 +1 Votes
Hello. I have been rippd off and scammed like this also. My regular bill for AT&T is about 45$ a month. But this month I recieved a bill of about 60$. The charged for Enhanced billing Inc was 14$. Well AT&T customer support is also a pain in the butt. Had to call Enhances service and they said i will be credited. What they said was that I signed up for the service on an ipod website? WTF? sorry for my language. They told me about that i have used my email to sign up. And they told me my email. The beginning part of my email was correct but they were missing part of my email. So why would they know my email? My serivice for ISP is AT&T. Are they scanning my outgoing internet?
 25th of Aug, 2009 by   Ron F. +1 Votes
I was billed $15.85 by Enhanced Billing Services Inc. via AT&T. EBSI claimed my wife ordered the voice mail service 08/03/09 using a LocalNet email address. The computer that used LocalNet has been off-line since Dec. 2008 and LocalNet serve was canceled Feb. 2008. ESBI had a FTC judgement against it in Aug. 2001 and ordered to return $350, 000 in ill-gotten gains, yet AT&T is still collecting ESBI fraudulent charges. There must be a vast amount of money being made by ESBI's scam because they haven't changed their tactics. Tried filing a complaint against EBSI with the FTC, but it can't be done on line anymore. Seems the only solution is to make third party billing is make it illegal. Despite ESBI canceling service and issuing refunds thier intent is fraud and should involve jail time. Contact the FTC, FCC, and complain. Write your U.S. representative and senator about the problem they should something for what we are paying them.
 15th of Sep, 2009 by   headwaiter1615 +1 Votes
I am fighting with ESBI and a second company that lista as MYBILLINGSERVICES, INC.# . both are using AT7T bill thru. I have been trying for a week to get a response from the sights and on the phone . So far no go .
 25th of Sep, 2009 by   cthurber1 +1 Votes
I too just noticed that on my verizon bill there is a charge of 20 dollars this is nuts how are they getting away with this. I cannot afford to pay for this and did not ask for it that is for sure
 5th of Oct, 2009 by   feelingripped +2 Votes
I am shocked at all that I have found googling this company! I too have AT&T phone service and only this week found, after actually going over my most recent bill, did I come to see that this charge isn't for what I thought it was. I receive a discount on my internet through AT&T for using a bundle plan, and had looked at this only briefly on my bills, thinking that's what this was..a credit rather than a charge. Realize now that you have to go over everything!! I called this billing service to inquire what exactly this was for. The foreign lady on the other end, which I could barely understand her, said something like it could be from a gift card?? What?? That perphaps I clicked on something agreeing to use their service?? Nope..not I! Then tried to say that maybe my husband agreed to it...nope..he doesn't use this computer EVER...nor does he deal with the phone bill. Then she said we'd been with them for 10 months!! I argued with her, trying to make her understand that I DID NOT do anything she said we may have did to add this to our phone bill...in the end, she said she'd cancel this bogus account we had with them, that we may see if on our bill for the next two months, but to disregard it..she also said they'd refund my money...$15.25 a month, for the 10 months. She tells me she'll connect me to the 'fraud department'. I sit and listen to the recorded music, and then I was disconnected! She sent me an email, a basic email, saying the account was cancelled. Nothing was said about a refund. I am guessing this is so bogus, that I am out the money and will have to fight this more. I did contact AT&T and I am seriously considering dropping them as my carrier. They seem to be uncaring about their customers, if they can allow this to happen. I said this, and was told it's the FCC that allows this to happen..there should be some seriouse regulation changes!! I mean, how can a company allow their customers be taken for?? CRAZY!!!
 12th of Oct, 2009 by   Sick of this! +1 Votes
How would you like to be us? Our company has a toll free number that is very close to Enhanced Billing Services and we must get at least 20 calls per month of people trying to reach them. Since toll free calls are billed to us, we have to pay every time someone calls us by mistake. This has been going on for at least 10 years or more and it really stinks!
 20th of Dec, 2009 by   Mattie Franks +1 Votes
I WAS PAYING MY BILL AND WHEN I HEARD THE PRICE OF MY PNONE BILL I COULDNT UNDERSTAND WHY IT WAS TO DAMN HIGH AND KNOW I KNOW WHY SOME CHARGE OF SBO WAS ON MY BILL AND I KNOW THAT I DIDNT ORDER ANYTHING AND I FOUND SOME COMPANY NAME ENHANCED SERVICES BILLING INC HAVE CHARGEING ME 24.95 A MONTH FOR SOME SHIT I DIDNT ORDER BUT I WILL BE LOOKING INTO IT AND SOMEONE IS GOING TO TELL ME HOW CAN SOMEONE CHARGE YOU FOR SOME SHIT YOU DIDNT ORDER AND GET AWAY WITH IT.YOU KNOW ITS A SHAME HOW BIG COMPANY ALWAYS F--K LITTLE PEOPLE OVER ALL THE TIME, AND I WANT ALL MY DAMN MONEY BACK!!!
 5th of Jan, 2010 by   hammerhead611 +1 Votes
I just received my phone bill and there was a charge from ESBI for a "Voice Mail Monthly Fee" on it. I have not signed up for this service and do not want, nor need, this service. I called ESBI and raised holy hell with them about the charge. I told them that I, nor anyone in my house, has signed up for this service and that I want the charge credited back to my account and that I will not be paying for it. The idiot I spoke with said that we signed up online for the service, but could not tell me what site we signed up through. What a crock of SH!T. I told him that if this charge appeared on my bill again, it would not be paid and that they would be hearing from my attorney.

Now to contact AT&T and inform them that I will not be paying for the ESBI charges and not to expect full the amount my bill shows to be paid. If they have a problem with it, I'll cancel service then and there and go with my cable company for phone, internet, and cable (been thinking of going that route anyway)!!!

World's Most Outrageous Gas Prices