logo

GE Profile
Stay away
2. (31 mins ago)
MTC Truck Driver Training
services not complete and discrimination
3. (47 mins ago)
Plenty of Fish
abusive dating site, removes profiles with no explanation, supports predators...
4. (52 mins ago)
birds by joe
SELLS DEADLY BIRDS WITH DISEASES
5. (54 mins ago)
birds by joe
Birds by joe sells birds that die

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

eMusic, Minnesota Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized billing!

eMusic Contacts & Informations

eMusic

Posted:    todd buckles

Unauthorized billing!

emusic
Minnesota
www.emusic.com
Billed $9.99 to my visa that was not authorized and caused my account to run over and add an additional $64.00 in charges
now the company is refusing to even email me to fix the situation and i am out $73.99 and counting. There is no such thing as a free trial!!!
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Jan, 2008 by   Rich +1 Votes
I was rooked by emusic.com as well. I cancelled within a few hours of signing up and they still billed my Mastercard the full month. I now re-cancelled and just hoping they do not bill my Mastercard for another month.
 14th of Jan, 2008 by   Marla +1 Votes
Same thing happened to me. What happened to me was when I tried to sign up there was an error after I put my credit card info and hit submit so I clicked off the browser because it wouldn't let me go any further in the registration process. I never download software or music ..never even went back to the site . I assumed something was wrong with the website registration.stupid me. not even 2 weeks later I get charged $9.99 on my credit card. I sent numerous emails to cancelme@emusic.com and received nothing but the same automated crap. I was forced to cancel my credit card because I have read other people keep getting charged despites their attempts to cancel. I don't even have an account with the people but hmm that credit card info went right through despite the error I received to try again later. BEWARE! I reported them today to BBBonline
 15th of Jan, 2008 by   Marla +1 Votes
UPDATE. All it took for me was reporting them to BBBonline and in 1 day my money was refunded back to my account and the bank refunded the overdraft fees. Here is the copy of the email they sent me after I reported them. hope this helps someone. It took me 5 days of getting no where til I got frustrated enough and contacted BBB.
Hello:

Thank you for contacting eMusic Customer Support.

Your eMusic account associated with the email address " " is now canceled.

I also escalated your issue to see what I could do for you. My manager has authorized an exception to our no-refund policy on your behalf. We have issued you a refund in the amount of $9.99.

Please note that your bank can take up 5-7 business days to process your refund once we issue it. If you do not see an adjustment to your account after this time, please contact us so we can research your issue for you.

To reactivate your account, simply log in, select the plan you would like, and follow the prompts to reactivate your account. Please also note that your download history will be removed from our database if you do not rejoin within 60 days.

Regards,

Keith-eMusic Customer Support
 21st of Jan, 2008 by   Nicholas J. Michael 0 Votes
I have continuously tried to cancel this account membership and they are still charging my credit card... what a rip off... it puts me over my limit and is costing me more money in the long run.
 25th of Jan, 2008 by   Wendy Camp 0 Votes
Cancelme@emusic.com, Huh! can't seem to find this.
I did cancel all in the same transaction and was still billed $9.99 for ebooks so far, 15 days later. apparently I have to also contact the BBB.
 30th of Jan, 2008 by   LAURIE SCHAUER 0 Votes
SAME HERE. MY MINOR CHILD 16YRS OLD- USED MY CC INFO- SUBSCRIBED...IM BILLED EACH MONTH...STILL FIGHTING THE CHARGES!
 30th of Jan, 2008 by   LAURIE SCHAUER 0 Votes
For all you out there who do not have results thru auto phone or emails unresponded to, here is the real customer support number... given by the credit card company... 212-300-2856... micheal was very helpful!!! This is after 2 months of no response!!! Laurie GOOD LUCK!
 31st of Jan, 2008 by   myra duley 0 Votes
I never signed up for e-music,but was charged a 9.99 fee. After calling the 1-866 number and following there instructions,my acc. was billed again. I just called 1-212-300-2856and talked to a live person,told himto cancel. He gave me a confirmation # and assured me there would be no further charges. We'll see.
 4th of Feb, 2008 by   Karen Hoopengardner 0 Votes
I am being billed as all of you are too, and just now have called repeatedly the 212-300-2856 number, and never had a chance at all to speak to a live person. I am very angry, and could only leave that message that way. I am disputing at my bank, which I suggest you all do, they do stop the billing immediately for things like this, and if you have a good bank they should do the same, hopefully either your bank or your credit card company should stop the billing as it is being disputed. Also, print out a page like this and use it for your credit card, or bank. This is total evidence of a corrupt company eating up our money each month.
 17th of Feb, 2008 by   Louis Ferrell 0 Votes
I have never used emusic however they have been charging me 9.99 for almost a year. I have called in before and canceled it however they are still charging me. They dont have a number where you can voice your complaints to a real rep. and all I keep getting is a directerly to a web site I cant find. I a very disappointed that this cannot be handed civily, but once I get a hold of a real representative it wont be handled civily trust me.
 20th of Feb, 2008 by   Rose Donner 0 Votes
e-music includes 50 free downloads with mp3 players I bought for my two children for christmas they charged my account immediatley 14.99 and also two 1.00 charges on a 50 free downloads. I canceled my account yet my checking account wsa charged again in Jan. and again in Feb. Which in turn overdrafted my account, on top of all that when I cancled my accuont they erased my kids 50 free downloads when that was all I wanted in the first place.I contaced spi the mp3 player co. I was told my account would be credited that was in late Dec. or early Jan. I was never credited and they charged my account two more times to the tune of 9.99 each time plus overdraft fees someone needs to pay me back all of my money. Maybe if the attorney genral gets enough complaints emusic will be put out of their rip off buisness.
 25th of Feb, 2008 by   gail livingston 0 Votes
I have cancelled E Music 4 times and they keep taking money out of my account. I tried it once and couldn't figure it out. And I cancelled it. I sent them an E mail And text them twice I guess I'll close my account.
 27th of Feb, 2008 by   Don Campbell 0 Votes
Emusic has no ethics or integrity in dealing with what they deem " a service like cable you pay for whether you use it or not" I have not ever been so infuriated by a company whose answer to customer service is basically "too Bad"

They owe me over 9 months I did not use the service but sent a cancellation on.

I even have my music on their site and I want it off!

Never Again.

Don Campbell
 28th of Feb, 2008 by   kathryn eastman 0 Votes
I want my money back and out of this crap. I tried to cancel before the trial date but was ignored. I'll cancel my card if it takes that to get out of this. This website has nothing that I want and it was suppose to be free for rhe first 50 downloads which trhere is nothing on the website that even remotely interests me.
 3rd of Mar, 2008 by   Tarin 0 Votes
On Friday I noticed a charge for $19.99 on my bank statement (which I rarely check because the particular account that was being billed is not my primary account). At first I thought someone had stolen my credit card info, after some digging I realized that the charge was associated with a free trial I had received with my new cingular phone last year. I had signed up for the free trial but was unable to download their music. I did not notice anything stating that I had to cancel or be billed, nor did emusic ever send out any emails or information regarding this supposed account. Emusic had been billing me $19.99 per month since May 2007 for an account that I didn't even know existed. What's worse, I am only allowed to dispute charges up to 60 days prior with my bank.

I am a member of a number of sites that bill automatically and I get an email from them every month advising of activity on my account/lack thereof. Emusic is undoubtedly aware that most consumers are unaware of this automatic upgrade and therefore fail to send any emails alerting the consumer of the existing account. I have tried to contact them repeatedly via phone to no avail. I am awaiting a response to an email I sent to them. I intend to report them to the better business bureau and possibly my state's attorney general. I will be certain to pay closer attention to my bank statement's from now on.
 8th of Mar, 2008 by   debra seres 0 Votes
Something should be done about this E-music scam. My granddaughter recieved a gift card with a MP3 player for Xmas. We proceeded to go to the website and joined. She couldn't download from my computer so her father said he would do it on his computer. Therfore I have been trying to cancel this charge since Dec. I'm really getting frustrated with the phone number and the so-called cancel e-mail. I sent one and it came back a week later. What's up with that? I think this is against the ethical rules of the web. They should be investigated. I'll go to my bank and put a stop to it this month. Ridiculous!!f2f7b
 9th of Mar, 2008 by   Jennifer 0 Votes
These charges showed up on my credit card! I never agreed to anything! I want them taken off!!! I never subscribed or authorized this!1
 12th of Mar, 2008 by   Jimmie Babb 0 Votes
I have been billed by emusic since last october and never signed up for this account. I have tried several times since reviewing my credit card statements to have this account canceled. I was then informed by my credit card statement that i have been billed since october for this service. I finally had to contact the state attorney general office and then inform emusic that if this account was not closed the attorney general's office would take legal course.
 14th of Mar, 2008 by   SHANTELL BROWN 0 Votes
Thank God Im not going crazy, cause I have been completely ripped OFF! This sorry azz website cant even offer me music if it were the last place on earth. I have been "so called", closing the account for over 3 months and you still continue to bill me this $9.99. If I see one more charge on my account, you will here from my attorney!
 24th of Mar, 2008 by   Bonnie Schipper 0 Votes
Please cancel my account with your compaNY NOW i DON'T WISH TO BE CHARGED BY YOUR COMPANY ANYMORE

Avoid Identity Theft While Traveling