logo

Elegant Companions
Got scammed
3. (8 mins ago)
Bravofly
No refund after they change the flight time
4. (12 mins ago)

Scam

eMusic
United Kingdom
emusic.com
THIS COMPANY GIVES YOU A LEAFLET WITH FREE DOWNLOADS FOR A SPECIFIED TIME. YOU ARE FURNISHED A LINK TO CANCEL ON THE LEAFLET AND YOU HAVE TO GIVE YOUR BANK CARD DETAILS TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT. WHEN YOU TRY TO CANEL ON YOUR LAST DAY OF YOUR OFFER EXPIRING VIA THE LINK PROVIDED IT STATES NO PAGE AVAILABLE. THEY THEN TAKE £24.99 FROM YOUR BANK ACCOUNT THE FOLLOWING DAY AND SAY THEY ARE UNABLE TO REFUND. I LATER FOUND OTHER PEOPLE I KNOW HAVE SUCCUMBED TO THE SAME PLOY. WHAT A SCAM! STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM UNSCRUPULOUS COMPANIES LIKE THIS OR I CAN ASSURE YOU YOUR FINGERS WILL GET BURNT
Comments United Kingdom Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Aug, 2008 by   theygotme 0 Votes
I sure wish I would have come to this website before I fell for their "try it risk free" baloney. Signed up for one week free trial, 25 free downloads. Didn't want to keep subscription, cancelled within the week as per instructions and got zapped with $14.99 one month subscription, yadda, yadda, yadda. It's the same scam everyone else is complaining about. I did get a response from customer service. It pretty much was, sorry sucker, you're out the money and we gotcha.

How can this company still be in business? I wish there was a way to redirect the next suckers who try to get a free trial from them, to this website to read all of the complaints before donating a subscription to them. Saving someone else this hassle would definitely make me feel better.
 5th of Feb, 2009 by   Johnd 0 Votes
eMusic took nearly 200 GBP from my Credit Card after I apparently signed up for a free trial way back in 2007 some time. At no point did they ever confirm by eMail that I was paying them a monthly fee. They never once contacted me over a 21 month period to make any offers, to remind me of my membership or to point out that I had not downloaded any songs and was not taking advantage of their service. When they increased the monthly fee from £8.99 to £10.99 a month they did not notify me. When I contacted them about all this they agreed to a 1 month refund. They would not refund the rest of the money despite the fact that I received no goods. They would not allow me to download the 600 songs for which I had unwittingly paid as that was supposed to happen on a monthly basis, not in one go when I realised what had happened. I contacted the Better Business Bureau who are currently pursuing them but it seems to no avail. The only contact eMusic provided me with was a monthly charge on my Credit Card statement. I know i should have picked it up ages ago but it passed me by - I order lots of CDs online and whenever I scanned my Credit Card statement I assumed eMusic was just a CD company. I did not notice the monthly repetition. Basically the free trial is a devious scam. Be very careful and keep a close eye on them. They clearly have the law on their side and are using it to trick people out of money by getting them to sign up and then by keeping absolutely quiet about their membership. This company is practicting the worst form of business in which the unwitting consumer is robbed within lawful boundaries. Other companies like LoveFilm in the UK keep me constantly reminded of my subscription by sending me regular emails stating that I should add films to my selection, that a new film has been sent. They never keep quiet about my direct debits. eMusic is not to be trusted with its free trial. The company is duplicitous and disingenuous, pretending that it is all perfectly acceptable and that it is the consumer's fault if they get charged via the free trial offer but don't realise it. This is the sort of business practice that has largely been eradicated within the UK and on the high street. Shameful and immoral really. I shall continue to attempt to get my money back. If I manage it I'll post another comment.
 8th of Nov, 2009 by   Claire_ 0 Votes
So did you ever get a refund?
 30th of Jan, 2010 by   sigdip 0 Votes
I've cancelled twice before the 7 day offer expiration date and was billed anyway. When I tried to complain and get a reimbursement from PayPal they sent a generic e-mail specifiyin I have to work the grievance with the e-music company itself.
By the way, where is the complaints icon on the damm website? I could not find it.
 30th of Jan, 2013 by   ArchieArnold 0 Votes
I have not had anything good to say about emusic; they take your money, and despite repeated attempts throughout the the time of day, get told by their online tool, to "retry" downloading the track of choice. Up to 50 times in some cases, I cannot imagine what in Hades is their problem. But, seriously, they are a waste of time, money, and anger. Use i-tunes instead. you will be much happier.

Sunscreen Labels May Give False Sense of Safety