logo
search

Empowernet, Melbourne Metro Area, Victoria Complaints & Reviews - Got no value from membership

Empowernet Contacts & Informations

Empowernet

Posted:

Got no value from membership

Signed up for Real Estate Mastery Property Search membership in 2007, cost about AUD$2K. For this price, I should get: 2 tickets to the Real Estate Mastery seminar, educational CDs/DVDs, supports, inner access to developments etc.

All I got were 2 email invitations in early 2008 to attend a seminar, in which they were trying to sell you the land+house package somewhere in the western suburbs, about 20km from the city. Which I thought not a very good value given the price is quite high so I didn't bother signing up. And then nothing happened for the whole year. So I decided to go to their website:

Surprise, surprise, the website is no longer valid. What my money gone to?? I got no value from this membership and strongly recommend to anyone to NOT sign up anything with Empowernet/Playground Construction or even come to their seminars. You can get good information from so many investing books out there. Learnt my lesson.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country Australia Complaint category Real Estate
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Empowernet complaints
Empowernet - No product, no Refund

Comments

10th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
You and many fellow Aussies were ripped off by this mob. I too attended their seminar in december 2007. It was run by a company called Empowernet. One of their scammers tried to get $5, 000 from me as a 'finder fee' to find me a real estate '15-20% under market value'. I bolted out of there and didn't give them a cent. The company illegaly used Anthony Robbins image and reputation to market their snakeoil and were recently sued by the Robbins Foundation. They now operate under the name Superwoman. Stay away from these scammers my fellow aussies.
 2nd of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
Funny they still promote Tony Robbins in Australia and are still selling scams alongside his name. see www.speedlings.com Empowernet is a modern day snake oil sales roadshow. The only difference is it's now worldwide i.e. Empowernet International.
 30th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
i say BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!! they still onto their old tricks and ripping people off left right and centre. I worked for Empowernet for a short time and that's all I could handle of the dodgy deals, the attitude towards customers, the escalating numbers of customer complaints unattended to and not to mention the overall chaos - it amazes me they continue to survive.
 26th of Sep, 2013 by    0 Votes
EMPOWERNET BUYER BEWARE!!!
DODGY EXPENSIVE DEALS. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. MONEY HUNGRY. Only recommended program is Tony Robbins the REST IS SCAMS!!!
 14th of Apr, 2014 by    0 Votes
They completely are snake oil salesman absolutely atrocious attitude towards customers. Got my money & we have no product. Promoting Adam Ginsburg.. Stay away from him they are just as bad!
 6th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
My son and his partner (a young couple in their early 20's working hard to buy their first home) purchased the "Never work again unless you want to" programme, which cost them about $4K. It was sold to them as a 4 day programme for learning different ways of earning a passive income. When they were given the dates for the event it had been cut back to 3 days. Now the event that was to be held in Melbourne has been cancelled and they won't give them a date for when it is to take place. Numerous requests have been made for return of funds (Empowernet have now had the $4K for over 12 months) but these have been refused. Does anyone have any suggestions of what can be done? This young couple could really do with these funds to help them on the way to getting their house, instead of being scammed by this unconscionable company. Rather ironic seeing as the event that they purchased the programme at was "Millionaire Mind Intensive"!
 6th of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
Please contact Ms. Laura Albrey of Current Affair program of Channel nine on 03 94203232 or lalbrey@nine.com.au
you can also contact today tonight program of channel 7 or 3AW talk back radio programs too
Last you can list your hearing case at Tribunal of NSW.

Empowernet owner is Michael Burnett, he pays decent $ to invite big name presenter mixed with bunch of small ones, trying to sell sound 'reasonably priced' workshops, tickets or memberships at the free seminar. Once they got you to the workshop they will try to sell you much more expensive but indecent programs, making you feel you can't do it without their special assistance and you doom to fail without their much more expensive programs. at whatever level you almost have no chance of getting money back... even their workshops days will definitely fall beyond 3 days cooling off days ...

I am the victim of their Income Education program - buying property in USA, Shaun Shelton tricked me into the program with promises, He will disappear after signing. I stayed in USA for nearly one month and his team and himself never returned my email... When I confronted them at another workshop when I came back to Australia, they kicked me and my wife out agreeing to refund, then later on sending email explaining Empowernet got our money and there is nothing they can do. Then I called Empowernet 3 times and emailed them over 10 times leading to just silence. They are the shark in event industry, using big hame to attract big crowd then ripped them off with almost unreadable terms and conditions... My name is Dominic on 0412566477 and dominic@dragonimage.com.au Please join us for class action.
 27th of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
I have fallen for this scam as well. I dont want their real estate training but cannot get a refund because their terms say that I should ask for a refund within 3 days. Is there a way to get a refund from them?
 1st of May, 2015 by    +1 Votes
This company is a SCAM!! If you bought into there 'deal' cancel it before the 3 working days before your money is history.

They have NO customer service, and will continue to run this operation to SCAM whoever they can.
 7th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
Short story is, i bought into there deal out of the amazing story to easily generate enormous amounts of income. Went home to do some research on the speaker at the seminar, his company and his program, finding no good reviews and ALOT of negative comments i cancelled the agreement within 3 working days. I waited a 30 working day processing period and no money was refund, countless calls asking for customer service and emails with no response, i threatened to sue them and within hours they replied and finally processed my refund which i have received.

Rebate Checks Scams