Emirates Airlines

Posted:

Refund or change of date of airline ticket

Malta
nobeyjotabone@hotmail.com
To whom it may concern,
My name is Joe Tabone and a year ago my wife had to return to her native Philippines regarding some paperwork on a house thereat she purchased a few years before.Before leaving she consulted a lawyer in the Philippines regarding this matter and he informed her that this problem would be resolved in about a year.Therefore I purchased her and my infant daughter both a 1 year ticket so while the issue regarding the residence be resolved she could also enjoy her parents as well besides seeing our baby daughter also.Recently she informed me that the house matter will take a few more weeks and she will have to miss her flight due to this matter.Therefore on receiving this information I proceeded to my Emirates office where the tickets were purchased to se if the flight could be extended at an extra cost.When told that I could not extend after a year I asked for a refund since the flight will no be used and since my wife has to stay a bit longer. This appeal was also denied even though Emirates has an area in their website where you can request for a refund of your electronic ticket ( My wifes and daughters return tickets are electronic tickets and the booking was done online at the travel agency).I paid for ticket expenses in cash and recently I was informed by the agency that my daughter who just turned two years of age was no longer considered a child by Emirates but now a infant and I was requested to pay a extra fare due to her age.
My wife has always used Emirates in her travels to the Philippines and always had words of praise for their service but this matter now has left us with doubts now.My wife Enonima Tabone electronic ticket no. 1762110250270 and my daughters Beyonce Anne Tabone 1762110254234 are not going to be used so why is it so difficult to extend or give a voucher so with an extra payment the flight can be used so they can return home.My wi and daughter were due home with flight EK 335 E 15 FEB 09 7 MNLDXB HK1 00:20 05:20 then board flight EK 107 E 15FEB 09 7 DXBMLA HK1 08:15 13:20.I surely hope some sort of compensation could be worked out. Please feel free to contact me on nobeyjotabone@hotmail.com I also want to thank you for taking time and consideration in reading this appeal and hpoe for a positive reply from your end so until I hear from you Thank you and take care.

Mr.Joseph Tabone
Complaint comments Comments (12) Complaint country Malta Complaint category Airlines

Comments

1st of Feb, 2010 by    -1 Votes
Emirates does not really care about customer issues, they only care about generating sales. Let 's warn other people to stay away from Emirates.
join us at facebook group "Emirates Airline-poor customer service"
 26th of Aug, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I Totally agree. I had always heard great things about this airline however I have a very different opinion. There customer service is the WORST I have ever encountered. We have been trying to get a refund for almost 2 months now and we keep getting bumped around from one office to the next and everyone keeps saying we will look into the hold up. Still no results have been produced. My husband I am travel all over the world on a regular bases and will never use Emeriates again as you can't count on them to provide any customer service.
Such a shame and I am terribly disapointed.
 26th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
Totally agree. I have booked electronically for 1 year return ticket to Munich from Melbourne. At the the time of booking, the return date falls outside system range so I book the latest date possible. Yet now when I try to extend my return date, Emirates call girl insisted that I paid $72 for change of date even though on my ticket condition, it clearly states one free date change to inbound journey when booked outside system range.
 4th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
I BOUGHT AN EMIRATES TICKET FOR MY DAUGHTER (JED - MAA - JED). MY DAUGHTER IS MARRIED AND SETTLED IN INDIA SO, I ASKED FOR REFUND OF MAA-JED TICKET FARE. TRAVEL AGENT FROM WHOM I BOUGHT THE TICKET SPENT ALMOST TWO MONTHS AND NOTHING HAPPENED. I CALLED AND TALKED TO EMIRATES OFFICE AND THEY SAID THAT SINCE IN BOUGHT THE TICKET FROM THE AGENT I MUST GO THROUGH THEM ONLY.
I AM IN CROSS ROAD NOW. DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO?
 18th of Nov, 2012 by    +1 Votes
I have experienced Emirates is reluctant to refund the cancel ticket amount that they have committed to refund. From last 3 months i am attempting to get my refund however i have not received so far. Worse experience ever:( Try to look for other alternative while booking a ticket.
 13th of Nov, 2013 by    0 Votes
Emirates is a mess when it comes to processing refunds. Don't know if they do it deliberately to avoid paying the customers back. I have been struggling for a couple months now to get the refund and have spent more than 10 hours on the phone. No one tells me what's going on and always refer me to another number (and the whole thing repeats when you call the new number).

Emirates sucks. Big time.
 23rd of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
Just found out what 'outside system range' actually means. It would seem that Emirates ‘system’ cannot accept bookings more than 11 months in advance. We can ‘book’ a ticket anytime but apparently it cannot be entered into Emirates system until 11 months before you fly. So you can change the inbound portion for free up to 11 months before you fly, after that you get charged!
 1st of Jun, 2014 by    0 Votes
change of date from 04 June 2014 to 14 June from Dhaka to Abidjan
 2nd of Jun, 2014 by    0 Votes
Please date change my ticket. Change date 22/06/2014 any time ticket details kolkata to dubai EK571 time-0945-1310 dubai to Kuwait1600-1640 11jun
 26th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
Dear sir
I like to change my ticket date and time but location same can be
possible. I want to know there any charges for that how much .
or not let me now .I forward my email I.d to you
shiju.thampy@rediffmail.com
 24th of Oct, 2015 by    0 Votes
i buy a round ticket in Kenya (Nairobi) emirate ticket office, the ticket was from Kenya (Nairobi) to Washington DC and from Washington DC to Addis Ababa(Ethiopia). we stop for transit in dubai and on the final check in, there happen some problem on Visa so they deport me back to Kenya (Nairobi). All what i am asking now is for refunding the expense of the ticket which i didnt use. here is the ticket number and booking reference, i need the refund very very soon as much as possible, i will wait in Kenya(Nairobi) till i got the refund back.
passenger name Erbiyo
booking reference DP2DXF
ticket number 176 2187303259
class- Economy
departure Dubai DXB arriving Washington DC.
the second ticket is from Washington DC to Dubai,
booking reference DP2DXF
Ticket number 176 2191091520.
you can contact me by the following tellephone number in kenya 254 790549970 or ddevadave@gmail.com.
with respect
 22nd of Jan, 2016 by    0 Votes
WOW! Thanks for all of the 'warnings' considering Emirates Airlines! We are fortunate to get to travel many places around the world and usually book/plan our own trips to avoid the many mistakes made by a "middle man" travel agent. I haven't used Emirates yet but have checked several flights on their website over the years. The only reason I haven't booked with them (up to this point) is because our schedules didn't line up, I found a cheaper ticket on another airline, etc.
Seeing the TONS of unresolved and/or just ignored customer service issues will insure that I won't be using the airline in the future!
After a bit more research, I see more answers as to why the airline seems lazy, uncaring and uninterested in treating people like humans. It's run by Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum. He is the uncle of the current ruler of Dubai. Without ANY airline experience (and lets face it - in those types of families he probably got zero experience in anything except being a spoiled prick), Emirates was created and handed over to him in 1985 at age 27 or 28. Guess daddy Sheikh needed to find something for him to do before a mistreated female - or two - decided to stand up for herself.
SOOO...He has nothing vested - he will always be rich beyond words no matter what happens to the airline and probably doesn't care if Westerners live or die - much less are treated humanely. Once again, thanks for the 'heads up'.

Emirates Airline Logo Emirates Airline