Posted:

Refund or change of date of airline ticket

4.6
To whom it may concern,
My name is Joe Tabone and a year ago my wife had to return to her native Philippines regarding some paperwork on a house thereat she purchased a few years before.Before leaving she consulted a lawyer in the Philippines regarding this matter and he informed her that this problem would be resolved in about a year.Therefore I purchased her and my infant daughter both a 1 year ticket so while the issue regarding the residence be resolved she could also enjoy her parents as well besides seeing our baby daughter also.Recently she informed me that the house matter will take a few more weeks and she will have to miss her flight due to this matter.Therefore on receiving this information I proceeded to my Emirates office where the tickets were purchased to se if the flight could be extended at an extra cost.When told that I could not extend after a year I asked for a refund since the flight will no be used and since my wife has to stay a bit longer. This appeal was also denied even though Emirates has an area in their website where you can request for a refund of your electronic ticket ( My wifes and daughters return tickets are electronic tickets and the booking was done online at the travel agency).I paid for ticket expenses in cash and recently I was informed by the agency that my daughter who just turned two years of age was no longer considered a child by Emirates but now a infant and I was requested to pay a extra fare due to her age.
My wife has always used Emirates in her travels to the Philippines and always had words of praise for their service but this matter now has left us with doubts now.My wife Enonima Tabone electronic ticket no. 1762110250270 and my daughters Beyonce Anne Tabone 1762110254234 are not going to be used so why is it so difficult to extend or give a voucher so with an extra payment the flight can be used so they can return home.My wi and daughter were due home with flight EK 335 E 15 FEB 09 7 MNLDXB HK1 00:20 05:20 then board flight EK 107 E 15FEB 09 7 DXBMLA HK1 08:15 13:20.I surely hope some sort of compensation could be worked out. Please feel free to contact me on nobeyjotabone@hotmail.com I also want to thank you for taking time and consideration in reading this appeal and hpoe for a positive reply from your end so until I hear from you Thank you and take care.

Mr.Joseph Tabone
Complaint comments Comments (44) Complaint country Malta Complaint category Airlines

Comments

19th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes

Emirates - regarding deportation from tripoli
emirates airlines
India

sir
i travelled to tripoli from india on 15th november via dubai by emirates,libyan goverment passed an amendment stating that non libyan should have arabic transcript of passport,deporting the passenger from libya who travel without arabic transscript,emirates deporting the passenger from tripoli from 12 of nov,allowed me to board the flight from chennai to tripoli,deported myself and my son from tripoli, impounded my passport ,tortured me to pay the deportation flight charges,caused me mental agony and great financial stress,i donot know how they r going to compenstate my loss
 27th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes

United Emirates Airlines - Terrible experience!
Gold Coast
Queensland
Australia

I have flown with singapore Airines to the uk previously and with trhe sudden passing of my father had to get to the uk asap for the funeral Flight Center informed me the only flight that could get me there and back for Christmas was with Emirates. So i booked first was the start of it I was traveling by myself back to Manchester and my husband had to care for my children in Australia. The Flight was scheduled to leave Brisbane at 8pm we finally got on the plane and 9.30pm and flew to Singaposre were i was delayed another hour and 3/4 when i and other passengers checked on the screen re transfer flight to Manchester no Gate No Time i was reassured by the flight attendants that we would not miss the flight at this point i was very distressed as i had to get home quickly. I was on to find out i was not the only [person to have missed connecting flights about 100+ other passengers were affected too. I was told that they had a flight for al the persons to Manchester at 2.35pm that afternoon we had arrived in Dubai at 8.10am my connecting flight left at 7.55am i had no monies but was provided info re food at a restaurant the staff were rude and told me and fellow passengers to hurry up as they had to clear away the breakfast things bad customer service on the plane with one uptight male steward telling me off for passing him a food tray i just cant believe their customer service bad attitude and all. The Flight home to Brisbane wasn't much better i was shown no empathy or sympathy and was treated like a second class citizen no upgrades occurred. I have attempted to search for a complaints page or feedback page on their website but as yet no luck.

Thanks for letting me air my grievances on this site i am endevouring gain a proper complaints page direct to emirates.

Airlines,
Rachelle M.
 4th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes

Emirate Airlines - Unprofessional
Personal
emirates.com

Dear Sir,

It was really a horrible experience flying your new sector in emirates from Kozhikode to Dubai on 15th July 2008 (CCJ to DXB). We had to be in the airport waiting for nine to twelve long hours and then emirates inform us that the flight has been cancelled. This is so unprofessional and after about 12 hours they provide hotel accommodations more over this hotel was so bad and of cheap standards. Is this how you provide service normally when your flights are cancelled. Well never expected that emirates could provide something like this when much better hotels are available in town.

Kindly request you look in to this matter and get them more organized. Hope I get a reply for my mail.
 1st of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes

Emirates Airlines - Wrong information cost too much for me
Qatar
gehan1148@hotmail.com

This is my complain related to my last trip on Emirates airlines[Doha-Cairo-Doha]

Date 30April2009-22 May 2009 Idid the booking on March2009 payed my ticket on middle of April 2009 [1860QR]I asked how many kgs permitted the staff inform 30kgs and 7kgs as handbag next question was how much the extra wght.will cost she inform 39QRper kg.On 30 April on the airport Emirates desk when it is my turn to finalize my process Iam having 19 kgs extra, staff ask me to pay the extra wgh.which is [2110QR] I was realy shoked for that some as I kwen it is 110QRper kg. and not 39 Discussing the desk staff she said we are not responsible about wrong information given. It was a very bad and stresfull situation for me as my husband left to his work,

No way except to pay that 2110 Qr as no time or persson to keep with the 19 kgs extra my main question how it comes the Emirates airlines will not informe their customer regarding the change especially it is too much difference [my last trip was on august 2008 and the charge was not that much]???

My Email and my cell pfone available in their DOHA office where Ibooked and pay my tiket.Ibeleive that airlines play a very bad game with customers wich can end by loosing them.

Imade a complain to their main office in DOHA but not reply up till now
 1st of Feb, 2010 by    -1 Votes
Emirates does not really care about customer issues, they only care about generating sales. Let 's warn other people to stay away from Emirates.
join us at facebook group "Emirates Airline-poor customer service"
 18th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

Emirates Airline Dubai - MISINFORMATION
EMIRATES AIRLINE
New York

I WILL NEVER CALL EMIRATES CUSTOMER CARE TO INQUIRE ANY DETAIL, THE EMPLOYEES ARE TOTALLY IGNORANT THEY GIVE YOU WRONG INFORMATION AND DIFFERENT FROM WHAT THEY SAY YESTERDAY, THEY MESSED ME UP AND IT COST ME BADLY.
EMIRATES YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR STAFF WITH YOUR OPERATIONS OR ELSE FORGET BUSINESS
 27th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

Emirate Aireline - APPOINTMENT LETTER EMIRATE AIRLINE
Emirate Airline
14, jagdamba mkt, Rithala, Delhi-85 INDIA
England, Greater Manchester
United Kingdom
Phone: 91 9310263955

This is V.K.Singh from India. I got the offer in Emirates Airline Group Terminal 2 Departures Hall as a SUPERVISOR QC & PROJECTS from Emirates Airline Group, United Kingdom.
Manchester Airport United Kingdom Post code M90 4QX . Please verify this offer early as possible.

Thanks & Regards,

v.k.singh

vinoddelhi@in.com
 7th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes

Emirates Airways - Meals/Service
Emirates Airways - DUBAI
emirates.com

On the way to Dubai the food was so terrible.
Considering we had to cheek in 4 hrs before the flight and the flight is usually en anything because 2:00 in the afternoon we have not ate anything because breakfast and lunch before 10:00.
The Heathrow airport stopped the junk food bar so we had coke and crisp for lunch in the airport from our sidebag.
Then 4 hrs later was our departure to Dhaka and they served our dinner 8 hrs after cheek in.
What they gave did not fill us up after 3 hrs of flight in the air they dicided to give us some food which was few fried potatoes 2 tiny dices of chicken and some cake which was full of icing and a rock hard bun that you can brake your teeth with:(.
anyway, I am a 10 yr old average size for a 10 yr old and my proper wheelchair is in the luggage hold and while I am in DXB I have to use a Airport Wheelchair Which Could Fill Me my sister and my brother and also my parents so it was a very large wheelchair which will not specify my needs. It was really large and old and destroys my image:).
Not only did I have To Face The embarrassment of this narsy rusty wheelchair I was also remove form my family through out the connection flight time which was 3 hrs in total and I am 10 yrs old my mum promised we will never fly Emirates Again.
In December we travelled With Jet Airways and it was great.
They need to consider people and their needs and not only old or oversized people that travel you know.
I hope you consider my information and never fly emirates again.

5th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes

Emirates - no seats
California

A useless airline. Told us we couldn't book our seats until 48 hours before departure and then when we tried there were no seats left except a few in the middle, even though we had booked almost three months earlier. For our return trip, 5 months from now they claimed that all their aisle seats are for wheel chair passengers: All of them!

We canceled our booking and they charged $400 penalty. Worth it for not having to fly Emirates. Buyer Beware.
 2nd of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
Is there no one to the serious complain that MR MOHAMMED REHAN the ground staff working presently with emirates airlines is a holder of fraud bachelor degree . he is working for almost 10 years with he holding a fraud degree.The airline seems to not care for this fraud he has not even summited his degree which all the employee do nor is his degree attested by any of the governments. is really think is this complain taken seriously ?????????? he had sponsored his family with very low salary on hard copy i.e he paid under the table.he commits all sorts of fraud taking undue advantage of his working with the airlines . i am ready for any dam things if I am wrong
 5th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

Mrs F.A.shaikh - fraud degree holder
personal
United Arab Emirates

well I still the some action is taken with the person( MOHAMED REHAN BHORANIA) having fraud degree . he has b.com fraud degree . well now it is upto the airline to decide h to keep such a fraud person.
 7th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

Emirates Airlines Ticketing - Useless ticket
India

I have reconfirmed my return ticket to India, since it a stopover journey i had reconfirmed my ticket(paid ($45 for this service) for a stopover a day before in Newyork. The same was confirmed by an Emirates ticketing official. Though i have a ticket, American Airlines was not able to confirm my ticket, since they didn't receive any communication with regard to it. I have ever experienced such a kind of worst service from Emirates Airlines. I had several options to fly USA thought i opted Emirates for the quality of service they provide.
When i called Emirates official they just told to reconfirm the ticket for the next day flight. I was not given anyother option though its their mistake. I would completely blame Emirates offical for providing such a false information.
Though i received my PNR, the ticket was not confirmed with American Airlines. Why should they provide such a worst service. They received my payment $45 and they cannot provide a reason for the discrepancy they did. Its really irritating at times when we miss something.
 5th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes

Emirates Airlines - Very bad hospitalty

Hello,
I am not sure if this would really fetch any results, nevertheless I write this to keep the right people informed as to how bad their airline crew is.
I had my wife and my 10 month old sin travelling to Dubai from bangalore emirates flight EK567 for the first time. I booked this flight keep in mind the standard th Emirates airlines maintain as against other airlines however to my dimay it was disaatrous. The flight was almost empty and on even repeated calls to the hostess my wife could not get a tissue paper and also no helping hand to put the cabin luggage or take them off. For a glass of water she had to wait for 2 hours and at the terminal 3 which the airline boasts off so much not a single stroller for the baby was provided.
It was really a nightmare for her and the baby.
 15th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Look old son, you simply HAVE to take SOME responsibility for yourselves when travelling. It is not the flight attendants job to be nursemaid, servant, waitress, or any other kind of subserviant being. Whining and generally complaining about very little just gets on other peoples nerves, in fact it makes them want to shake you by the neck until normal.10 month old sin is probably right in the first place. Your spelling, context and grammar needs improving.What IS so disastrous about not getting a piece of tissue paper? All nursing mothers, or mothers with small children surely carry wipes etc? or do you expect to snap your fingers and the servant will run to you forthwith? Your cabin/carry on luggage is YOUR responsibility, sorry but thats the way it is, i am dead sure its not the flight attendants responsibility to handle your carry ons! Finally where on earth do you get the impression that you or your family are automatically entitled to a stroller courtesy of any airline? Did your wife not own one, they are allowed as carry on as you know! Complaining for the sake of it is not useful, and in this instance downright beyond belief!
 16th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
@ glueon - totally right pal...

there are strollers at Dubai... SUBJECT TO AVAILIBILITY! Not the airlines fault if ten kids per flight or more... And cab crews job is to ensure your safety, feed and water you and make sure you have a decent flight. If you want preferential treatment, book Business or First Class... in the back, frankly, we are cargo... you won't go to McDonalds and make a fuzz over cold chips???

Thanks
Cazza
 28th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
Shamone!
 12th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
You should write to customer.affairs@emirates.com and specify the name of the flight attendant. This isn't normal procedure, especially for business class passengers. They can sort this out through flight records.
 26th of Aug, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I Totally agree. I had always heard great things about this airline however I have a very different opinion. There customer service is the WORST I have ever encountered. We have been trying to get a refund for almost 2 months now and we keep getting bumped around from one office to the next and everyone keeps saying we will look into the hold up. Still no results have been produced. My husband I am travel all over the world on a regular bases and will never use Emeriates again as you can't count on them to provide any customer service.
Such a shame and I am terribly disapointed.
 9th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes

Emirates - Excess baggages coupon denied
Nigeria

Dear sir/ma
We purchased excess baggages from Bangalore (India) to Lagos (Nigeria) on 6th october, and when we got to Dubai airport we were been denied of the baggages and we were instructed to see the customer affairs officer in which we did so and we were asked to email the complain. We will be glad if the money can be refund.
We are looking forward toyour reply.
Thanks.
Yours faithfully,
Aysha Nasim Abdullahi.
 10th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes

Emirates - Bording Pas
Saudi Arabia
gentle_aik@yahoo.com

عندي حجز الى لوس انجلس برقم BJBTEW ذهبت الى مكتبكم في مدينة الريلض لاخذ بطاقة الدخول الى الطائرة و اؤكد الحجز لكن موظفكم طلب بان يذهب الشخص الذي حجز و تم خصم المبلغ من حسابه على بطاقة الائتمان الى مكتبكم في لوس اجلس و معه ما يثبت انه هو من حجز.حذرني موظفكم بان مكتبكم في المطار سوف يقوم لن يتم سفركم و سسوف يقوم بارجاعنا. سيدي العزيز مبلغكم وقد سحبتوه لماذا التعقيد و تخويف المسافر بعدم سفره. سيدي لقد تم الاتصال في مكتبكم في دبي و افادونا مشكورين بانه ليس هناك اي مشكله. ارجو منكم مساعدتي في حلها او الغي حجزي و استخدم خطوط اخرى للمعلوميه نحن مجموعه مسافرين الى لوس انجلس هذا الحجز يخص بنتي و طفلها

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree