logo

CHEVROLET ONLINE LOTTERY
WINNING NOTIFICATION
3. (48 mins ago)
Pogo.com
Club Pogo Jackpots not paying!
4. (50 mins ago)
No customer service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

eLoan.com Complaints & Reviews - eLoan.com is a scam!

eLoan.com Contacts & Informations

eLoan.com

Posted:    Susan Lee Foote

eLoan.com is a scam!

We went online to try to get a payday advance, we went to eloan.com and applied for a personal loan, we were approved for a $5,000.00, within a couple of days we received faxes where we just had to sign it, fax it back with proof of identification and they were charging $770.00 on insurance to guarantee the loan, because of them having such a reputable name we went through with it, sent them an entire paycheck to get this loan, we did this on a Wednesday, they said the money would be deposited into our account via wire transfer by that Friday, well it never came, we immediately started calling eloan.com, as it turns out, someone is hacking into their website and scamming people out of the hard earned money they have made, according to the "real" eloan company, there is nothing that can be done other than report it to the fraud dept., as of this date, we still have not gotten the $770.00 back, we have called them and been cursed at, they actually had the nerve to say if we would send another $600.00 in taxes they would release the loan to us still, BEWARE if you go to the eloan.com website, they DO NOT do personal loans, this was a surprise to us!!!
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Apr, 2007 by   CK +3 Votes
ELOAN is a totally INSECURE company!! They have hackers stealing their customers personal information from online applications. And They KNOW about it!! Where is the Warning on their web page?!? Wheres the Beware?!? I applied for a $5000 unsecured loan, which I was called back on and approved for. I was told from the fake eloan representative that I needed to send a $770 insurance payment prior to the loan being drafted into my account. I sent it through Western Union thinking eloan was a solid reputable company. WRONG!!! The money still wasn't there. They then said I had to send another $750 because I needed maximum insurance. This is "Eloan" remember. I never saw a dime. Meanwhile I just got out of the Military and didnt have all that money in the first place. I had to borrow the "insurance" money from somebody guaranteeing I would pay it back in a day. I am now out $1520, and full of bills that need to be paid. ELOAN is terrible and took no steps to warn their customers of this scam being ran out of California, Canada, and wherever else!
 14th of May, 2008 by   M Diallo +2 Votes
I almost got taken in by this same scam. I applied through E-LOAN for a personal loan. I was directed to the Citifinancial website. They turned me down and I thought nothing of it. A few days ago someone claiming to be from E-LOAN stated I was approved for the a $10, 000 loan and needed to send $850 to secure the loan. I gave them my routing number and checking account number to wire the money into my account. They faxed over the "loan agreement" I signed it faxed back a copy of my paystub, id, soc security card and then was told to wire the money by MoneyGram. What alerted me and made me stop and think was the representative said that I had to call her when I got to the Moneygram location before she would give me the instructions. She also said that I had to use the form that was for sending money to a person and not the Express Payment form used for sending payments to companies. When I got to the Moneygram location the "loan rep" didn't pick up the phone I call 3 times. An angel must have been looking out for me. I left Moneygram and then called Moneygram and spoke to an agent about my situation and they confirmed that this was a scam that was happening to thousands of people and I should not send the money. I immediately closed my bank account and alerted the credit bureaus. I also contacted E-LOAN and a Specialist assured me the FBI is involved. I believe E-LOAN should just refund the money to the people who have been affected or everyone should just start a class action lawsuit. How are these people stealing are information anyway. They had to have gotten my number from the E-LOAN website.
 3rd of Nov, 2010 by   rhyce +2 Votes
I am one of the recent victim of eloan. I should have followed my gut feeling. but when you need money you don't think anymore. They told me I got approve of $1, 500. I already paid them all the fees. Now I receive an email that there is a problem and I am to call them immediately. I called them and no one was answering. I emailed then again. Then told me my loan was increase to 5, 000.00 and I need to pay another fees for that. I emailed them that I hope I am not a victim of a scam. They noted on their email not to use the word scam since it will affect them. Now I don't know what to do. I need to pay someone tomorrow and now I don't have any cash left. What can we do to stop this and get our money back?
 9th of Feb, 2013 by   Doc Holiday1973 +2 Votes
I was taken on Friday by these jerks!! They called and said I was approved for a 6, 000.00 loan. I sent them 175.00 then they said I had to pay the tax, so I sent 195.00. Then they called and needed another 155.00 to release my loan to my bank. Now when I call, the line is busy.Busy for the last 2 days. 515.00 gone! And Its some how my fault! I would love absolutely love to meet the As*hole in person!!! I am sick to my stomach...
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   theresearchguru +1 Votes
glad i do my research first becuase i just got off the phone with them for a 24 month 175.00 a month on a 3000.00 dollar loan and the guy was indian and not fully speaking english and said i have to use a green doot money pack card from walmart which explains becuase i hacker has no real way of taing out of your bank account specially of this magnitude. it all seemed fishy to me but i need or needed the loan BAD. but agaib glad i do research before doing anything becuase id rather be behind on a bill or 2 than be BROKE with no way to fix it.
 28th of Feb, 2013 by   nfields13 +1 Votes
I recently filled out a form as well for a loan through the website. I figured I wasn't approved for the loan so I tried other ones. A day late I got a call back saying I was approved for $1, 000.00 and it was some indian guy as well explaining all the details which made me think it was LEGIT! well after talking for about 10-15 minutes he said all I would need to do is send them $125.00 and I will receive my loan within an 1hour-5hours and from there I would pay $125 a month. At first he said everything would happen through my bank account and then he turned around and said money pak! I instantly knew this was a scam, I have been through it before and no suprise here. Well I started questioning some serious stuff and not long after he hung up on me because well I knew the game he was playing. This is warning do not become a VICTIM to this scam! they called from a 217-807-4354 number. I am not sure if it changes all the time but I am just letting people know don't do it! find another loan place or try and get one through a bank but don't fall for these guys TRAP.
 12th of Mar, 2013 by   BEAWAREALLTIMES +1 Votes
I to was contacted by Rick Foster with this so called E Loans. He called from this number 202-657-6773. He said I was approved for a loan & had to send him money with a green dot card from Wal-Mart but I had to call to find out how to send the money. He claimed the $150 I would send along with the loan would be deposited into my bank account. I knew from the conversation it was a scam, you do not need to pay some one money to receive a loan. I have contacted agencies to file complaints & to protect my personal info that was stolen.
 10th of Apr, 2013 by   riichie indians +2 Votes
I was contacted by a certain Tony that a loan of $1000 is approved, and referred me to their officer Shane. The telephone number they are using is 813-667-8212. Names like Scott, George, Scott, , Mark Henderson ...SOUNDS CAUCASIANS huh!!! are their front liners speaking INDIAN accents. Since I was approved, they asked me to send them green dot from CVS to show that I can pay the loan, and that it will be deposited back to my account. Almost the same modus operandi to everyone. How can we stop this ELOAN INDIAN COMPANY ...doing business in the US and around the world. Please please put a STOP on this before these INDIAN ACCENT GUYS ...TRAP more VICTIMS. Let them go back to where they come from. They are THIEVES stealing personal info. From Richindians
 28th of Jun, 2013 by   Chelseaa13 +1 Votes
I had a guy by the name of "Jerry Lewis" with an Indian accent call me about a loan the other day saying im eligible for $10, 000. He told me I would have to pay interest in total of $1, 000, which im not sure why I didn't see that as a red flag to begin with. However when I went to go through with the loan he told me I would have to send money to verify my income. That's a red flag right there. This is my first time with a loan company and my father told me he has never had to pay money to get a loan. I figured I would let you guys know whats going on. The number he calls me from is (339)707-3319 out of Massachusetts. The answering machine says a different name than Jerry Lewis, however I cannot understand it. I don't appreciate someone else getting my information and trying to commit fraud through me. I'm not looking to get taken advantage of I'm looking for money so I can attend college and start my career.

P.S. I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR SUBMITTING THESE REVIEWS BECAUSE I ALMOST GOT SCREWED OVER TODAY BECAUSE I DIDN'T CHECK INTO THIS. MY DAD TOLD ME TO RESEARCH IT MORE AND I FOUND THIS PAGE AND I'M SO GLAD I DID!
 2nd of Jul, 2013 by   Rhonda G Rogers +1 Votes
I have also been scammed by a person from e-loans. I was told that my credit score, which is below average, needed a security deposit of 275.00$ by money pak from Walmart. It was explained to me that the money will be deposited back I to my account with the loan amount of 1000.00$. I got the money pak and gave the numbers on it...I feel like an idiot. Well the manager, David Miller, calls from 760-394-6068 and tells me that the money is gong to be deposited last night. No surprise, it was not. He has left several messages for me and keeps saying that he'll call back in 5/10 mins to check and see if money is in my bank account today. As I am writing this, I have a negative bank account thanks to them and me trusting what appeared to be a legit company.
 27th of Jul, 2013 by   K Miranda +1 Votes
On Wednesday July 24th, I went on the internet to find a loan company to see if I could obtain a personal loan for medical exspenses. In doing so I came upon multiple sites that would be able to take my personal information and contact finance companies on my behalf. I completed an application with couple of different sites and started to receive emails with links to other sites (again not finance companies but companies who can get me in contact with finance companies). I did not complete any more applications through those sites. On Thursday July 25th at 4:01pm, while at work I rec'd a voicemail on my home phone stating I was full approved for a loan and should contact Jacob at 760-282-4676 ASAP. I ddn't contact them back but the next day Friday they called me back. I spoke with 3 different people with strong Indian accents (hard to understand)sometimes I thought I was speaking with the same person who identified himself as someone else. They stated I needed to confirm my information that they had on the application that was forwarded to them. The interesting thing is they did have my information which I did confirm. The last individual I spoke with talked about the process or next steps..Jacob explained that there is a application fee of $79 which covers their costs to establish the loan and that my bank (Chase) will also charge a $17 fee to do this. So he said I would need to pay these fees first and then the requested loan of $3500 would be deposited into my account. He also explained that since he did not have access to withdraw the fee from my accout I would have to do a bill pay. At that time I thought something was really wrong and told him I would not have the money until next Wed 8/31, he then said this is a small amount of money so I need to borrow it from my friends. I said I would contact them back net Wed. Jacob said ok and proceed to give me his extenstion 714. Before I got off the phone I asked them what was the name of their company and he responded Eloan (www.eloan.com). Today is Saturday July 27th and they called me again today in which I did not answer the phone. They did not leave a message this time.
 23rd of Aug, 2013 by   Ms.Snow +1 Votes
Yes!!! I just received a call from a man stating he was from eloan, and I was approved for 5, 000. I was to send his company 150.the first payment he claims to be Tim Warren. Calling from Columbia, Ky. I told him he was a scammer and he became very defensive and pretended not to understand me. I told he not to call me again!!
 23rd of Aug, 2013 by   Ms.Snow +1 Votes
This is me again sorry I didn't correct my spelling or grammar but while I was writing the above comment down. A woman from the same so-called company saying she was the supervisor, threatened me she was going to call the police on me for calling her a scam...I started laughing so hard and just hung up on her! So beware of the number 270-974-4577.
 27th of Aug, 2013 by   loislane +1 Votes
I fell for the scam they called David Chambers in the accounting department assured me that if i put a security deposit of $365 that he would be able to transfer it to my account. then after I received a call back he said my credit was poor and that i would have to send an additional $405. When i asked to cancel the loan and get my money back I was told that if i cancel it, that it would charge me a $700 cancellation fee. So i sent the additional money then when he called back said the funds on the money pak card could not be accessed even though when i checked it, it was empty. he told me that if i were to go get a new one with another $405 then we could continue. I explained that there was no way to get the money and he kept pushing me to find it from somewhere and that i could send the reciept to green dot to get my $405 back. Now i am stuck because the money i gave was mine and my roommates rent money and were already up for eviction.
 13th of Sep, 2013 by   ThornedAndScorned +1 Votes
I was scammed by another loan company for $350 recently and was completely surprised to get a call from ELoan supposedly yesterday. The rep gave me a whole pitch even assuring me they were a credible company with a business licensing number which I verified. Due to my new found mistrust, I was not falling for it again. But I wondered how do you decipher the real from the fake? I can't believe our government has not regulated this type of scamming yet... I mean our government regulates miscellaneous issues daily, why not scams preying on the desperate and elderly. My solution... Trust no one, reputable or not!
 25th of Sep, 2013 by   tmonty 0 Votes
"They are fraudulent then. You should let the police know they are using your name to defraud people. They are using 828-305-6073. The caller ID says Forest City NC. Everyone talking seem to be East Indian" I wrote that to the real eloan.com person. Here is what she wrote me:Thank you for contacting E-LOAN.

E-LOAN is no longer originating loans. We are currently servicing Savings and CD accounts online. We have not and will NOT attempt to get in contact with you regarding any loans since we are not a lender.
The E-LOAN website may link you to other companies' websites that offer services that may be of interest to you if you are in search of a loan. In the process of accessing these companies through our E-Loan website they do not obtain any specific information about you or your transactions on our website.
Please be aware that these companies may collect personally identifiable information about you in order to process loan applications should you choose to proceed with an application. Our Privacy Policy does not cover those third party websites, and we encourage you to read their privacy policies prior to providing them with your personal information.
Once again, please note that E-Loan will NOT attempt to contact you regarding loans. Should you receive any phone calls from companies claiming to be E-LOAN please be aware that it may be a possible fraud attempt.

Should you have any questions please call us at (866) 576-7283. Our hours are 8am- 5pm PST Monday through Friday.
THE SCAMMER EVEN SAID TO LOOK AT THEIR WEBSITE ELOAN.COM. I EMAILED THEM AND GOT THE ABOVE EMAIL BACK
 30th of Sep, 2013 by   rose1981 0 Votes
I had got a call from some india guy he said his name was peter rogers saying i was approved for a loan upto 5000 that in order to get it i would have to send $260 on agreendot moneypak because they didnt accept credit/debit cards. Well i told him i would have to call him back he gave me this number 202-436-9733 i called him back a couple days later. Well a different guy answered his name was rex williams i had the money on the card gave him the number he told me i would get money bak so i would receive $5260 and he said a guy from the bank will give me a call to get info from me to wire the money to my bank account. I wasn't thinking then i was excited because i was geting a loan so i could pay my bills and get birthday gifts for my kids. I get a call from a guy who name is Bobby Watson (202-738-4127) from the Federal Reserve Bank of Washington he said that i had to send $800 for taxes to the IRS and that he would pay $400 if i would send $400 also. I was unsure bout it but he told me that i would get $5660 back all i had to do was put it on a moneypak well he was suppose to call me back the next morning but didnt i was at work i called him back on my lunchbreak and when he answered he acted like he didnt know me i told him who i was he said he was trying to call me but i had no missed calls from him. He began to tell me that the IRS. said i owed $1500 in default to them. I was suprised because i never got a letter from. the Irs saying i owed that money he said if i send $750 he would pay the other half but. i was like i don't have that kind of money. I told him to cancel and send my $660 back. well he was charging me a $260 cancellation fee then he hung up on me i called him. back and told him i wanted to talk to the bank manager well he said he was the. manager that when i realized i had just been scammed. I put a trace on the numbers and found out they were cell #s belonging to the same person.
 10th of Oct, 2013 by   Cheryl524 0 Votes
This eloan tried to scam me also. This indian guy would not stop callling me. He had a thick accent and tried telling me his name was Scott Davis...LOL That was all i had to hear to know he was a scammer. This guy must have called me a hundred times over two weeks. I kept hanging up on him. I got so angry that i finally said "quit F***ing calling me asshole." He then told ME to "SUCK HIS D**k." How outragous is that? Anytime someone wants money first, that is a scam!!! Your first payment on the loan is due after you receive the funds. Always remember that!! As i was reading these posts, i felt sooooo bad for the people that this guy scammed. Im so sorry to all of you that fell for this. I have gotten payday loans fairly easy off the internet. There are ways to tell the scammers from the legit companies. But the legit companies due have high finance fees, thats the only problem. If anyone needs the legit places, post it here, i will check back to see. Thank You...Cheryl
 10th of Oct, 2013 by   Dazzled and Frazzeled 0 Votes
Same deal. Indian Accent calling from Canton, IL (309) area code. Knew this was a scam when he told me my interest on a $5, 000.00 loan was 10% and then when I asked what the total interest was he said $500.00. I asked him to send me all of the details in an email (which he had my email address). Called me back 2 hours later to see if I received the email, when I told him I had not he implied if I didn't put $250.00 on a Walmart MoneyPak Card for employment insurance TODAY, I would lose the $5, 000.00 loan. I told him I knew he was a scam artist, just needed an electronic document to turn over to the Feds. He then cursed me with some "F" bombs and hung up.
Please do not get sucked into this scam. If things are tough and offers sound to good to be true, they typically are not true.
 25th of Oct, 2013 by   gotmeoncebutneveragain 0 Votes
My story is similiar to everyone elses, and today I'm out of $132.00, had to put the money on one of those money pack cards to be ripped off. $132.00 is a lot of money to just give away when you got bills to be paid. E LOAN IS A BIG SCAM. Eric Johnson told me they needed more money, that's when I knew No you guys are full it. Just put mt 132.00 back in my account. Needless to say I'm still waiting for my money. We are not stupid, or idiot, we live and learn, and we all needed a little help on our bills. But never again.We don't need to pay to get a loan.

Time to Cut the Cable?