logo

I got ripped off!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Elite Meeting/Meeting Millionaires, California Complaints & Reviews - Fake members on expensive dating site

Elite Meeting/Meeting Millionaires Contacts & Informations

Elite Meeting/Meeting Millionaires

Posted:    Britney

Fake members on expensive dating site

Hi. There is a dating site currently named EliteMeeting.com It was formerly called MeetingMillionaires.com (had to change it because of their bad reputation. They'll probably be changing it again bcz people like me are on too them and telling everyone). Please be aware of this site. It employs the old dating site trick: putting up a lot of beautiful women/men or successful men to lure you to pay the large fee to be able to contact them or read their email. PROBABLY 95% OF THE MEMBERS ARE FAKE.
I JUST signed up and got 1 or 2 emails a day from very attractive people. Their cheapest mebership is $60 for 1 month! Can you believe this? The owner is trying to become a millionaire/billionaire off this. This is the most expensive dating site membership ever.
I HAVE NOT been scammed by them. Because I did not fall for all these members emailing me (I have a very high scam-o-meter : ) I was too smart and suspicious. But I am posting this to WARN anyone of this dating site.

Also here is a link to a site where others are complaining about this dating site: http://www.daterater.org/Niche-Interest-reviews/MeetingMillionaires.com/review484.html

And remember the trick to avoiding scams? If someone contacts you or you sign up to a company (you feel could be a scam) google their/it name. Do all varitations. If they are a scam you may definitely find someone talking about them/it on a website. The internet can be a bad place, but it can be good and work to your advantage too.

Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Elite Meeting/Meeting Millionaires complaints
Elite Meeting/Meeting Millionaires - False Informatation

Comments

11th of Jun, 2009 by   Cozisaidso -7 Votes
Thank you for posting your review of Meeting Millionaires. Once I created a free account, I started recieving an email daily. Whoa, I thought, this is great, but I held off to see if it would continue. Oddly enough, the emails came at the same time, plus or minus an hour. The perfect clue that it is spam mail!!! So, this review reinforced my suspiscions. Now, to the rest of you, don't ever pay so much money for a DATING SITE!!!

Good luck everyone!
 13th of Jun, 2009 by   A MO -8 Votes
I had the same experience with Meeting Millionaires, before submitting my credit card, I received at least one email per day. Eventually, I had over 40 emails, none of which I could read until I paid the fee. I finally decied to take the chance and paid nearly $200.oo for a VIP membership. As soon as I began reading the messages, I realized that they were all generic. I responded to nearly all of them, as I wanted to test my theory that this is a scam. Many of my responses contained my personal email address, so that they could communicate directly with me. I did not receive a single reply. Then I started to read the blogs and realized that this is a total scam. Has anyone contacted 60 Minutes or some other investigative news show to expose these people?
 15th of Jun, 2009 by   Shane  Best Advice +7 Votes
I am unaware of a website called Meeting Millionaires. However, I joined EliteMeeting after seeing an ad on Facebook and I have to say, it is a legit website. In fact, I find it better than Match.com and Jdate (clearly they serve a different audience but still, I like them better). I have met 2 people from it so far, both are real, beautiful and sweet. And I am in correspondence with many others. As for fake profiles, I'm sure there are some. As well, I do get emails from women from foreign countries who can't write english very well. But you can block them via the privacy settings to screen them out pretty quick. And finally, I did not pay $60 p/mo, but rather $140 for the year. Thats just under $12 p/mo and quite reasonable in my opinion. Who knows, maybe they went legit. All I know is I like the website and hope they keep up the good work!
 17th of Jun, 2009 by   Sam -4 Votes
This complaint is completely false. I am an employee and there was NEVER a name change. Both sites are sister sites and have both been around for years. There was no name change... Where do people come up with these crazy ideas.
 20th of Jun, 2009 by   Wendyb -7 Votes
I agree with Britney, Meeting Millionaires, this site is fake, everyday I receive an email from a gorgeous guy and unless you pay the enormous fee, you cant even read the email they send you. To read them you have to pay a fee, to reply to an email its a larger still fee per month. On the free sites you occasionally get a response from one gorgeous guy not a gorgeous guy each day. Also if these guys were so rich I am sure they would pay the all in fee which includes a return email that can actually be read.
Scam site for sure.
 2nd of Jul, 2009 by   misconceived@hotmail.com +2 Votes
I am a 44 year old male who is pretty much average (height, weight, blah, blah blah). I have a decent job and no real debt. I’ve been a member for 3 months and am currently talking to over 10 women and have NOT received one mail from a scammer. This is revolutionary! I travel to Europe quite often and always search for the hottest chicks in every city I visit; it’s part now of my routine! The picking are slim in some areas but they seem to be growing rapidly. God bless them!
 3rd of Jul, 2009 by   misconceived@hotmail.com -4 Votes
Rubbish! I don’t have much time to waste scouring the earth or the web for the most eligible bachelors; seems like these guys have done most of the work. Great idea! I’d thought I’d never actually pay for one of these services but I admit that I put down my credit card when I saw the caliber of candy. I had a little trouble uploading one image but customer service managed to help me quickly. I’m excited every time I get a wink or message!
 3rd of Jul, 2009 by   LisaLawmaker +1 Votes
Disagree...Great site! I was up until the early hours of the morning browsing all the hot profiles. I’ve already started up an online romance with a British guy living in Monaco! At first the site nav was confusing, but ultimately it works better than most.
 6th of Jul, 2009 by   jadejoni -9 Votes
I believe this site is a scam - meeting millionairs.com - yes, lots of guys emailing but who is on the other end of the emails - don't join - at first you get an email a day from some nice looking decent man who is very pleasant and so like an idiot I joined - I did get replies but one liners and they are not real - Check out all the owners of the site - google them and see what else they are up to! This is a very well done scam! I am going to report them!
 7th of Jul, 2009 by   Britney -3 Votes
HA! Misconceived@hotmail.com posted twice trying to act like a man then a woman. I am literally shaking my head so emabrassed at how you got caught. any positive review is from the owner/worker. what do i have to gain by saying the site was a scam? i was just a girl looking for a guy. i got an email EVRYDAY. and everytime it was a silly one liner. SHANE AND SAM ARE THE SAME PERSON. DONT LET THESE GREEDY SCAMMERS FOOL U. ANYWAY IF YOU DO IT AND GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY AND NEVER MEET ANYONE DONT SAY I DIDNT WARN U. i could care less about this site. you did not get my $ and will never get it. i met a nice guy from a different site and having a blast in life so i could care less about this silly scam.
 8th of Jul, 2009 by   SanDiegoGirl +1 Votes
I haven't joined the meetingmillionaires site, but was seriously thinking about it. But it's so much money though. I have been on there a week and have only gotten three emails and the guys are attractive, but not to the point that I thought they might be fake.

Britney: What site did you meet the nice guy on? I've been on several different sites and only came up with losers who still live with their parents.
 9th of Jul, 2009 by   ShaneGreen +1 Votes
Not a Scam...a BLESSING!

I liked this site much more than others I have joined in the past, it has a grater quantity and quality chicks :-) in my area. There is no search within 5 miles feature, but once I expanded my search area, and I am glad I did, I found a ton of women within my sphere of influence. With most dating sites I have been on, I probably write close to 20 emails before getting a response. The girls at elitemeeting.com seem much keener to respond. I guess they feel that they’re dealing with successful men who have been screened by a trusted source. Hey, whatever works!
 10th of Jul, 2009 by   JustaSingleGuy +4 Votes
EliteMeeting.com is BY FAR the BEST site for quality. I've done match/eharmony and friendfinder - sure, have had a lot of dates on all of them, but in terms of REAL hot women who you can actually meet, there is no comparison. I have found the following to be true A.) the people are way better looking than most sites B.) the response rate to my emails is higher than most sites C.) the ratio of people looking just like there picture is near 100% . Again, all this is from my experience. I can tell you this, whoever started this thread with original complaint is just plain wrong. No, the number of members is no way near match/eharmony, etc., but what does that matter when the quality exceeds them by far? Its the velvet rope theory, I would rather go to a small nightclub with a rope and who allows certain types of people in than some huge club that lets everyone in - you get what you pay for in the end. HERE"S THE FUNNIEST THING - "britney" who started this thread never even paid and never communicated with anyone, how can she claim to know anything???? I once paid for singlesnet.com, now THERE is a scam site, but I would only claim something is a scam if I acutally paid for it, which "Britney" never did - BTW - when I contact someone, it is uusally just one line, I figure they can read my profile and get back to me if interested, why write a whole book on a first email when a profile says it all
 10th of Jul, 2009 by   JustaSingleGuy -2 Votes
Just spoke to another woman on the phone! :)
 11th of Jul, 2009 by   lil09 0 Votes
Am debating about whether to sign up for membership. Joined a week ago and some messages seem to be real ('course can't read unless I join...) There seem to be a mix of reviews here. What's your experience on this website? I've tried eH, met some nice guys but not ambitious or seem to have issues with smart & successful woman like me. Gimme more feedback please!!!
 12th of Jul, 2009 by   aprilbabe +1 Votes
I joined 3 weeks ago and became a paying member 2 weeks ago after receiving 7 emails the first week from attractive men. So I replied to their emails. Of the 7 men, two wrote me back once and sounded interested. So I replied again. All of my emails have gone unopened and unread since from all 7 men. As I am new to internet dating sites, this left me puzzled and confused. The site shows everyone who views your profile and each had viewed me the initial time only. Maybe it's just me, but when I think someone is attractive I view their profile more than once and usually before I read their email. Also, mail, winks, etc. are filtered by match percent and my matches have been way too young or much older than me and not very attractive. The match percent on the 7 who wrote me was very low. It makes me wonder if they got my emails after all after initial contact or if they were just sent to filtered mail or if it is just a set up to get people to join. I also went to the site without signing in to view profiles of women to see how my profile came up. Every woman had a lock pictured below her pic that meant she had set her privacy settings so no one could view her whole profile without her consent. I made sure my profile could be viewed by anyone when I set my profile to public, but when I looked at my pic there was a lock below it. I also wonder why someone would bother to email you if they weren't interested in your reply. As of this moment, I am unsure if it's a scam or not.
 13th of Jul, 2009 by   Karmen La'Shaun +2 Votes
Can someone assist me in getting back tot he site to cancel.
 13th of Jul, 2009 by   Karmen La'Shaun 0 Votes
Can I get some assistance to cancel my account. AFter two days not replies over 70 emails sent to me. I am about to call my bank also.
 17th of Jul, 2009 by   puddin tame +2 Votes
I check 'disagree' with the complaint because Brittany admits to not even trying the site. I am curious to read reviews about anything I might sign up for, so I came across this via googling elitemeeting. It seems there is a common thread of complaints for every dating site, and that is that it's a scam. I've actually started to become cynical towards the people who are complaining. I'm thinking they're actually unattractive people who are finding they get the same results online as they do in real life, which is no result at all. I'm a pragmatist and get how things work...attractive people get a lot of attention in the real world and unattractive people do not. I'm certain this transfers over to the online world as well.
 21st of Jul, 2009 by   witchiewoman8686 -7 Votes
this site it total BS. never heard from them once I sent them some money and now I can't even change or take down my info. when I wrote for help the email was returned as bogus. they should be ashamed of themselves or at least go work for wall street. Just as bad.

Beware Online Rate Searches