logo

rip off

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Efooddepot.com, Oklahoma Complaints & Reviews - no reponse to email, nothing in stock, deceptive s&h

Efooddepot.com Contacts & Informations

Efooddepot.com

Posted:    Dragonsauceoneverything

no reponse to email, nothing in stock, deceptive s&h

E-Food Depot
Oklahoma
efooddepot.com
I was thrilled to find so many southeast Asian products at very low prices...but after ordering over $40 worth, they had very few in stock to send. I received half of what I ordered nearly a month after purchase date. No communication, no response to multiple emails. It's not a couple months later, and they have something I need and cannot get anywhere else. Stupidly, I give them another chance. Not in stock. I try something else. Not in stock. Every single thing I put in my cart had a vague "this item is not in stock. it will ship in 10-14 days..." notice in the cart.

Perhaps worse: they happily advertise $4.99 flat rate shipping. It's a scam! Only if you buy a tiny lightweight item can you get this rate. Anything like a bottle of sauce, a few packs of noodles, and a "weight surcharge" is added to your cart. I had $22 worth of products, and according to their system, a 7lb box, and the weight surcharge on top of the $5 shipping was $8, for a total shipping cost of $13, over half my cart value. Not worth it.

Now I stick to asianfoodgrocer.com and veryasian.com, both of which give the best service and products.
Comments United States Retail Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Dec, 2009 by   Da Shen +1 Votes
Very bad service. I've ordered my stuff on this web a month ago but still haven't received those. Additionally, their customer service is very bad. They've never answered any of my emails. it sucks. Be very careful, don't buy things on this site
 10th of Dec, 2009 by   bobagirl +1 Votes
same thing happened to me. i ordered ALOT of stuff from them and they never shipped it.
i emailed them asking why and they said they shipped it to me. they responded back with
a tracking number. so, i figured, "now we are getting somewhere."

it turns out that it was a lame tracking number as it never even left their state! i even
called the shipper to try and track it down, but no luck.

but they had the NERVE to charge my card again earlier today for backordered items.

it's been a month! i am calling my credit card first thing tomorrow and do a chargeback!
stay as far away as possible with this site!
 28th of Dec, 2009 by   disgusted buyer +1 Votes
They never shipped any of the items ordered which were prepaid by Paypal.
After 60 days with no response to e-mails, chats, phone calls to there office at (405) 605-8778 I requested ans received a refund from Paypal. They did not respond to Paypal either.
Paypal is Good at their word.

Stay away from ifooddepot as they are evil.
 4th of Jan, 2010 by   Naildiva1975 +1 Votes
I order some things the beginning of Dec. for Christmas and still have not recieved them. After I sent many emails with no response, I finally got someone to answer the 888 number and was sent an email saying that my items were in stock and would be mailed out sonn. Still nothing. I responded bak to the email and told them to cancel my order! I would not EVER use them or recommend them again!
 12th of Feb, 2010 by   pierreman +1 Votes
I've been waiting 2 months for a simple order. They do not answer the phone, they do not answer emails. They need to be shut down.
 15th of Feb, 2010 by   nightoak +2 Votes
I placed an order on the third and have yet to receive it. The order still says in progress. I have sent e-mails and also called to no avail. They never answer the phone or return e-mails. However, I did some researching online and found out the owners direct contact information. I tried at his work but he was not there I will try back later. Also his home number does not have an answering machine so I was unable to leave a message. Here is all the information I turned up:

Founder: Khaing Zaw Swe (I believe he goes by Zaw)
Work Phone: (405) 605-8778

#1000
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73112

U S Prepaid Telecom
3555 NW 58th St # 1000
Oklahoma City, OK 73112-4723(Oklahoma City, OK Metro Area)
 15th of Feb, 2010 by   nightoak 0 Votes
This is an update to my previous post... if you call the (405) 605-8778 number just ask to speak to customer service... I got right through. They had one item back ordered but she informed me she would ship out the other items today as a partial shipment. The lady was very nice I hope everything ships out today.
 24th of Feb, 2010 by   Naildiva1975 0 Votes
This is an addition to my first post. I finally recieved my order 2 months after the order was placed. I also cancelled the order the end of Dec. 2009. I had to dispute the charge with my bank and ended up cancelling my debit card. I filed a complaint with the BBB and ask that you all do too. It takes about 5 minutes. This company doesn't need to be in business!!!
 3rd of Mar, 2010 by   good grief +1 Votes
I ordered 2 bottles of syrup from eFood Depot. I received a torn and empty flat rate envelop (not a box) with USPS stamped "received without content. A few days later I received another envelop - this one included my second bottle of syrup - this item survived the shipping but the envelop was torn and badly damaged. I have sent several emails regarding the shipping mishap and requesting feedback about what can be done about the missing item - there is no response from the company. I called the number and it goes to a "overfilled" voicemail announcement where I cannot even leave a message. I will never deal with this company again. I feel ripped off, particularly since I paid a surcharge for shipping to Hawaii.
 6th of Mar, 2010 by   Divine_love +1 Votes
I have worked in this company. These people sell expire food too. On expiration data they put sticker and sell item. This company has many websites for prepaid calling cards (phonecardsmile.com etc). You wont belive it but they have about 15-20 websites. They keep creating new website to attract people and make them fool... Thid company should shut down.
 14th of Apr, 2010 by   05 Rune +1 Votes
Liers liers liers...Very bad service. Pleaced order a month ago but still haven't received it. Last week I was promissed that will shipp out in 3 days. Today when I called the home office was told that only one item out of eight is in and Patricia GM will be calling me. Their customer service is very bad and dishonest. They've never answered any of my emails as a matter of fact when they run out of lies they hung up on you. Don't buy things on this site and contact www.oagok.gov consumer complait on line if you experience the same, lets shut this frauds down!
 17th of Jun, 2010 by   tricocyst 0 Votes
this companty is horrible lol... I placed an order last night without checking it through google and I called my CC company and said they did in fact take the cash but no order was placed. And they also tried charging me twice!my CC company told me to contact merchant but thats difficult if not impossible I've tried every way except fax lol. this company is very bad how they remain in business after all these negative reviews is beyond me.. and they had a B+ on BBB thats nuts. Avoid this company lol I wont order from anyone but asianfoodgrocer.com and verasia.com
 19th of Jun, 2010 by   mtrbeauty 0 Votes
This website sucks!... I got scammed. 3 items that added up to $5, I got charged $17.06 Even though I ordered 22 items adding up to $34, I never got the other 19 items. NEVER EVER buy from them. It's a scam and lousy!
 19th of Jun, 2010 by   PNst 0 Votes
Efooddepot.com has stolen my food picture for their website commercialization. I have sent 3 emails and no reply back to me at all.

If you wonder what picture they have stolen from me, please visit http://indonesia-eats.blogspot.com/2010/06/efooddepot-is-thief.html
 20th of Jun, 2010 by   wnng +1 Votes
Same thing happen here to me, they do not answer email, when asked a question, no answer, nothing. The items are shipped 2 weeks later after I made my order. I got expired item from them and also did not receive all the items I ordered. Emailed them for dozen times, NO REPLY!!! I opened disputes with PayPal, and I did not receive any reply from them. DO NOT BUY FROM EFOODDEPOT
 25th of Jun, 2010 by   Kenneth Freeman 0 Votes
Problems here as well. Product was never shipped. I eventually got a refund from PayPal.
 25th of Jun, 2010 by   wnng +1 Votes
Worse happen here when I filed a dispute with PayPal because of did not receive the full order. PayPal rejected to refund me because they claimed "refund only for unshipped item", but my case is that I did not receive the full item, basically should be the same.
I sent many message to PayPal stating that I did not receive all the items i ordered from the seller. I explained from A to Z of what happen during the purchase. However, PayPal always reply with same email!!! They are RETARDED or DO NOT LOOK AT OUR MESSAGE AT ALL!
 1st of Jul, 2010 by   Santy K 0 Votes
I place order on 24 May about $ 80.00, and now first July I still don't receive my stuffs. I email them but no reply. I would not want to order from efood depot If I know about all bad review ahead. Will see if I ever get my order.
 24th of Sep, 2010 by   vmsmharris 0 Votes
OMG. The same thing just happen to me this month. They didn't send my entire order, but charged me for the entire order. Then the products they sent were expired. They had a sticker with their company name covering the expiration date. I pulled the sticker off and it revealed that the product expired a year ago. It was so distguisting. I only lost $30.00, but I wish I would have seen this site/review, first. I tried numerous calls, emails, etc. Nothing worked! I'm so disappointed.
 10th of Oct, 2010 by   Tufail Shaikh 0 Votes
please visit to our website for order foods in Netherlands, Holland by just one click from any where

How to Prevent Foodborne Illness