logo

STEVE ZARELLI
Inacurate Autograph Findings
4. (34 mins ago)
TOPSALE-EXPORT CO LTD
Don’t pay them - they are scammers
5. (36 mins ago)

Edreams Complaints & Reviews - Fraudulent claims and withholding of money

eDreams Contacts & Informations

Edreams

Posted:    Notfair

Fraudulent claims and withholding of money

eDreams
Spain
edreams.com
We have also experienced awful service from eDreams. 2 days ago, I tried to book a flight for my mother who was intending to travel from Budapest to Malaga. After checking the various options and availabilities on eDreams' site, I went ahead and booked the flight and eDreams deducted money from my account.

Within one hour, I received an email from eDreams saying there was a problem with their system and that they could not grant the ticket. I immediately contacted them and was told that they would not be able to refund my money for several days (no specific date), leaving me in a massive dilemma, as I did not now have the funds to book an alternative flight with another company.

After countless phone calls and emails, they still refused to offer an immediate refund or an actual flight on the time we had specified. All the while, they continued to advertise the same exact flight, enticing other people to pay for a ticket to something eDreams know damned well they cannot fulfil.

It is pretty clear that eDreams deliberately scam people into booking flights that they cannot deliver, take their money, hold that money for an undetermined amount of time and cause distress to people who simply want to book a flight!

I have spent the best part of the whole day today, speaking with countless people at eDreams, each of which has told me a different story; one said it would take 1-2 days for a refund, one said it would take up to 5 days and another said it would take between 5-10 days! I’ve checked online for experiences of other eDreams customers who have said it took up to 30 days before they received a refund! If you consider how many times this must be happening, it soon becomes evident how much money eDreams must have sat in their accounts, earning interest at our expense.

Given the current economic uncertainty, I would encourage everyone to avoid eDreams and any other comparison site operating in this manner, like the plague!!

Edreams

Comments Spain Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Dec, 2009 by   Pamelaangley -1 Votes
Hello Jorge,

Thank you for your reply I have since received emails from edreams explaining the charges.

However I do feel the company should warn people about the double charge before booking or perhaps outline the reasons behind it as naturally the public will be suspicious of a company that has hidden charges and is difficult to contact

It will be between one or two weeks before the money is returned and that's not good enough. I'm hoping the money will indeed be returned within the time stated as it's unnecessary stress before christmas and would make me think again before booking with edreams.

Yours sincerely

Pamela Angley.
 8th of Dec, 2009 by   enightmares -1 Votes
I have to agree with all of the above complaints. I have foolishly tried to book a flight home for christmas through edreams and had my internet timeout during processing without any confirmation or email.

I have tried to email edreams customer service, but immediately the mail bounced back from the inactive email address. I am now waiting for their phone lines to open to ensure no payment has been processed multiple times.

I also urge anybody and everybody to stay away from this outfit. A sketchy website and booking procedure, invalid contact information, and a handful of sales reps frequenting complaints boards to try and ease the bad press.

Stay away at all costs
 9th of Dec, 2009 by   eDreams -1 Votes
Hello @enightmares:

My apologizes for the different problems you had. In order to check the status of your purchase, could you send me to "contact@edreams.com" the email you used to try the booking on eDreams? We will contact you with further info about it.

I would also appreciate if you can provide me with the eDreams email adress that gives you the inactive error to try to find the mistake and solve it.

Thanks
 22nd of Dec, 2009 by   piers -1 Votes
thank goodness i did a check on this dodgy outfit before pressing buy! their slick website has a reliable type feel but the alarm bells rang when asked to input passport details to register - what a hideous bunch of crooks - i feel so sorry for all the good people who have been sucked into this appalling scam. nico and any employess reading this ! how can u look in the mirror in the morning? you sad sad people
 30th of Dec, 2009 by   emmet -1 Votes
In some ways its great to know I'm not alone. I used edreams recently to book a flight from Dublin to Copenhagen on SAS airlines. Got my email confirmation from edreams, turned up to the airport, checked in but when I got to the gate the lady said I needed a coupon from edreams and that the ticket was invalid.

SAS told me edreams had not completed the process correctly. The up shot of it was that SAS would not let me get on the plane. I was totally gutted. SAS said I could buy a ticket from them at the gate but the price was so much more by that time. I couldnt afford it so called off my holiday. I work hard and dont have much money. I'm a grown man but I started crying in front of the SAS staff. Embarrassing.
 20th of Jan, 2010 by   Pamelaangley -1 Votes
Hi guys,

As seen previously I too had complaints about edreams I had booked a holiday and there was double charging involved. I emailed my queries to edreams and rang them during office hours, I have to say the staff were polite and did put my mind at ease, the money was refunded within days.

Upon reading the complaints here I had added worries that there were even flights booked on my behalf. I just returned from my holiday on Monday and everything went smoothly I was very pleased with the service I received from edreams.

Perhaps I have been lucky or perhaps our complaints on here are having an impact on edreams' customer service?
Either way I do sympathise with anyone who feels scammed and I hope your complaints are dealt with to your satisfaction.

I'd like to stress I have no affliation with edreams and you can see on this forum I had a genuine complaint previously.

Best wishes

Pamela
 20th of Jan, 2010 by   spj -1 Votes
I was also taken for a ride by eDreams. I bought a return flight through eDreams to Amsterdam from London, and when I got the reservation email from Easyjet the times are all 1 hour earlier. They do not give refunds through the customer service phone number, you have to start a complaint through their web-site. I got a reply from them saying they would give me a refund, and a few days later, some money came through, but it was around £45 short. When I queried this I got a very short reply - "We do not refund eDreams fee back." This is clearly illegal, but what can I do from the UK dealing with a company in Spain?
 22nd of Mar, 2010 by   SinisaV -1 Votes
i just had to cancel my credit card so i do not fall in this scam, i purchased ticket for my wife from Vienna to Brisbane and one hour after i did not receive anything, so i come across this forum and on my luck money has not been taken yet from my credit card so i had to call bank and cancel my credit card before thy take any money.
 17th of Jun, 2010 by   Huynhi -1 Votes
Don't book with e-dreams! I booked a flight for two persons from London to Frankfurt, Germany and gave them the full details of my visa card. By mail they told me there was sth. wrong with my credit card and asked me to fax a copy of my credit car which I didn't do. Instead I asked for their bank account and transferred the 240 Euros directly from my bank . As soon as they had got the money, they wrote an e-mail telling me the flight had got more expensive. They asked me if I still wanted the flight, but of course, I didn't . All I wanted was to get my money back.
From that moment on they didn't answer my mails any ore and the Spanish telephone numer which was indicated on their former mails just led to an answering machine.
I'll contact their bank now to get the money back and otherwise will report the case to the police and try to lawsuit against them.
17/06/2010
 19th of Jun, 2010 by   victim... -1 Votes
The same, dear friends! I booked a flight for not 1, not 2 for 9 person -some teachers and students from Sofia to Warsaw. Immidiately after booking they told me that there is something wrong with my reservation because of my card and asked me to wait for additinal information. In the next day I received another email-they asked me to send them a fax copy of my card, ID card and the names of passengers. I/foolish!/sent them the information and as I was doubted went to the ATM and understood that this was a fraud - I lost 137 eurs. After some emails I received an email that they could not confirm my reservation because my card didn't accept any activities and charges. So, I went to my bank and blocked the card. Now I haven't got any answer, any tickets, and 137 eurs less than before. This money is not mine. The are on our international project.They are for students.I told my bank that this is a fraud and filled some documents but...This is a shame!
 5th of Aug, 2010 by   Ianb3211 -1 Votes
I booked a flight for my mother in law from Amsterdam to London return through eDreams and received confirmation of the cost on email. eDreams then proceed to use my credit card details to book the outbound flight with BA and the return with Easyjet, followed by an admin fee. The problem was that eDreams booked the wrong Esyjet flight at a much higher rate. They then rectified this by booking the correct Easyjet flight but without reimburising the much higher booking. This has in effect left me out of pocket by almost double the cost that they confirmed.

Despite many calls to their contact centre (approximately 6 lengthy calls), a number of emails with evidence of their error (booking references, bank screen shots, etc) and promises of action, I am still out of pocket a month on from the original booking.

I have almost given up as i am no longer receiving any communication from eDreams despite having 3 individuals names who promised to resolve this problem.

This is a warning to all out there that what may appear to be a reputable company offering a good deal may not be all that it appears to be.

If anyone has any ideas as well, they would be greatly appreciated
 8th of Aug, 2010 by   Travel8 -1 Votes
E dreams are fraudulent. They advertised in Euro on their U.K. website and then charged me in GBP, as soon as the reservation hit my inbox. They then tried to infer that it was my mistake. I took a snapshot of the website, where you could only change the Euro sign into a GBP sign if you want to check prices individually. I sent them the pic, they still said it is not possible, but promptly changed the website. I did report them to the aviation and advertising authorities in both Spain and Brittain.

Still awaiting a refund more than 30 days later. They need to be sued and to get out of the travel business - too many complaints in such a short time.
 9th of Aug, 2010 by   tot 0 Votes
Hey edreams why you cheating your valued costumers. Look out the negative comments. You can earn much more money for a lifetime if you provide a good services to costumers. It seems like you are really fraud.
 23rd of Oct, 2010 by   sbattye 0 Votes
I am having similar problems with this company. Having booked a flight with them from London to Barcelona for June 2010, I received an email in May 2010 informing me that this flight had been cancelled by the airline.
I was assured that I would receive a refund within 4-6 weeks (despite EU law stating that a cancelled flight should be fully refunded within 7 days).
As I'm sure you can guess, 5 months later and I am still waiting for this refund. I am taking my complaint to the AUC and IATA in the hope that this company will be stopped from operating.

They should be ashamed of themselves.
Sarah
 20th of Dec, 2010 by   MDeballens 0 Votes
I couldn't agree more about this. Just recently booked my flight without looking at the warnings and Im stuck in the same dilemma. Ive called 10 times only to be hung up on and have my trip planned for Europe in the next 2 weeks. They took the money from my bank and said they needed more proof, are you kidding me? I have yet to hear back from anyone and they still have my money. There is something wrong with this. I have been waiting for an answer only to be let down.
So what do I do next now that all the prices are going up? Ive already paid for my flight and have only recieved confirmation no flight numbers or anything. This is a scary situation in which someone really needs to be notified of this companies false advertising and outrageous marketing campaign. I would tell anyone to try and avoid edreams at all costs...
 13th of Jan, 2011 by   fishfish 0 Votes
Why didn't I read this page before! The exact same story happened to me. I want to book the flight, receive an email that something went wrong with the tranfer of money. Once they received the money, I get an email by "Alejandro Ruiz" saying the price of the flight has almost doubled!!! I am so annoyed and don't really know what to do!! Which european agency should I contact about this?
 4th of Feb, 2011 by   Angry eDreams Customer 0 Votes
I tried to reserve a flight from this site. First I used paypal just to get told that the payment failed and I have to scan my credit card, both sides and send it to them, which I refused to do. I tried to make a new reservation, this time it worked. Few days later I get told that the price of the flight has doubled and I have to pay more to get the flight. I definedly won't pay them any more and I want my money back ASAP.

I will never, ever use this site again, and I hope you don't do the same mistake either.
 18th of Mar, 2011 by   Modi 0 Votes
18/3/2011
EDREAMS IS A SCAM!! DO NOT USE EDREAMS. Booked a flight from London to Nice, received an email saying I will receive another confirming the flight in less than 24hrs. 24 hrs later I call the very expensive customer service line where a spanish girl answers and keeps repeatedely putting me on hold then coming back to say I can't find your booking (she hasn't even asked my name!!!), then suddenly she 'finds' it and says it hasn't gone through and I haven't been charged. I say goooood. I check my credit card and I have been charged 12.59 by edreams: the booking fee!!! The bastards took a booking fee without there having ever been made a booking by them. MAJOR SCAM AVOID EDREAMS
 19th of Apr, 2011 by   Say-NO-to-eDREAMS 0 Votes
I have a feeling, my card will be charged an amount of the so-called booking fee or service charge even when now I have chosen to drop my purchase when they requested the front & back scan copy of my debit card & the scan copy of my passport! Too DODGY!
 2nd of May, 2011 by   noreen22 0 Votes
oh so agree we booked flights from dublin to london, after a few days i just clicked on my reservation to check the times and they had all changed it even said one of the flights where cancelled they never emailed us to tell us of the change and when i rang to get a refund they said no and they claim they can understand you ...SCAM SCAM SCAM ..never book with edream

Five Silly Money Moves