logo

eLoan.com
eLoan.com is a scam!
5. (18 mins ago)
Optimal Hosting Ltd
They didn’t create the website and no refund was provided

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Daniel

Awful experience

Ecrater
ecrater.com
In the span of 5 days, I ordered two different Wii systems from two different sellers/stores from ecrater.com I never received any product and when I contacted ecrater to file a complaint, they told me that neither seller nor store was an ecrater seller/store. However, I can still go to one of the sellers on ecrater. Instead of backing the sellers/stores, they pass the buck. So by saying that the seller is no longer there, they are allowing anyone to post a sale, take the money, and walk away from ecrater with no accountability. I will NEVER shop ecrater again and I will pass on my fraudulent transactions everywhere I can.
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Mar, 2009 by   DittoDittoDittoDinnerware 0 Votes
Ecrater is a market place just like ebay, or ioffer, or craigslist. You as the consumer have to do your homework and check the seller rep, just as you do on eBay. Bashing an entire website, is not the solution, it's the individual you need to deal with. If you use Google Checkout, or Paypal for all your payments you have no problems with the seller doesn't follow through, the payment system deals with you and refunds immediately if the seller doesn't respond, or doesn't follow through with the sale.

On the other hand, as a seller, if you accept Google Checkout, they have protection services that actually protect you, Paypal could careless.

Don't bash the site, Ecrater is a free market place that goes above and beyond to help maintain their initial vision of free enterprise for everyone. That is something very rare in this money greedy world. The site owner personally answers sellers emails, and goes above and beyond, and eCrater is the best selling experience we have ever had, and continue to have on the web.

Do your homework!

Sincerely, eCrater storefront user. We have 4 stores and are very happy with eCrater, and the members in the community of eCrater that help each other! WS1 GGG
 1st of Apr, 2009 by   janelleaface 0 Votes
I purchased...well tried to purchase a 60GB PS3 from a seller called "bankruptstock." I contacted the seller about his reputation and and how many products he has sold. His response was very timely and had acceptable information. I went ahead with the purchase through paypal, and it was denied. The seller contacted me and said he used the wrong address and to buy the item again. My payment was not credited back to my account until I told the seller about it. Once my money was refunded from the "mistake" I followed through with the purchase again. My money was accepted taken out and transferred to the seller. Everything good? Since then I have emailed the seller about shipping information if it is available and have not heard anything, and it's been four days. Through out the whole time the sellers name had been changing in email notifications from dale boughton, to daley bunton, then to bobby davyl!! I tried emailing him on the "ask seller a question" from product page with a different email and name, and still no response. I am almost positive this is a scam. I would strongly suggest you DO NOT use eCrater as a way purchasing products. Selling may be a whole other experience, but I do not trust any seller from this site due to the high risk of scamers. BEWARE
 28th of Apr, 2009 by   honestabe 0 Votes
I might point out that i had the same experience on Ebay. I purchased from some company in thailand, made my payment with paypal and never received my product. That's the great thing about Paypal though, within a few weeks they credited my account for the loss.

I don't understand why Jane would have to get a credit if the payment was "denied" in the first place.

I only hope that anyone taking the risk of purchasing ANYWHERE online would have the sense to use insured or otherwise guaranteed methods of payment... and not COD (since you post payment before you open the box) or money transfers, or even giving your credit card information to an unknown company.

Ecrater is just open to the public and a great place to be treated as you would in any public situation... there are as many scammers in the world as honest people, choose WISELY and CAREFULLY!
 3rd of May, 2009 by   Duane 0 Votes
I purchased from a company called getagiftforanybody.ecrater.com . Total Scam! I have not received my products ordered nor was the phone number valid. The phone number was to some kids phone number.

The email isn't valid either. Just a word of advice: avoid public shopping sites all together. If the webmaster can't afford to have a paid hosting provider and domain name with a working shopping cart and be a valid merchant with reputable check out like paypal or google then avoid them all together.
 31st of May, 2009 by   jkl 0 Votes
I bought something on ecrater and never received the item, and paypal wouldn't refund my money. Now I am out $80. I would strongly suggest staying away from ecrater and paypal.
 7th of Jul, 2009 by   rebhon +1 Votes
I ordered a birthday gift for my son from a seller called "basefootbasket" on ecrater. I ordered it in March to ensure delivery in April. I never recieved it and sent over 20 e-mails before I got a response, which said they did send it. After three months and 30-40 more e-mails, I finally got them to resend the item, which arrived in 4 pieces (mailed in a standard envelope). I've sent multiple more e-mails and they won't respond to me. I will never order anything from ecrater again. Paypal would not assist me as well.
 10th of Jul, 2009 by   Tibursio 0 Votes
I have never ordered from eCrater, I've always been suspicious. Every seller I see for the items I am looking for, have never had any feedback "Feedback: n/a". They are always selling 1, maybe 10 items. On the other hand, I have ordered hundreds of items off eBay, and the one or two times I've had an issue, one being international, the company was forced to refund my money. A few other times, sellers refunded partially for lack of a good description. There was a few times in the past when I ordered from a store on ebay, three years ago or so, and never received the item, but I was young and had no clue how to go about getting my money back.

If anyone has dealt with PayPals system, you'd understand what a pain they are. If you have a debit card, you can't submit a fraudulent charge online, you have to file paperwork, and fax it to them. As a seller who sells thousands in online services a month, PayPal refuses to side with the seller if the item is virtual, as they have no proof. They won't even try to work with you to understand what you are selling, and verify the customer gets what they paid for. They force you go to through the process of replying to the customer and talking about what happened, and force you to provide shipping information to something that is stated as a Service in the paypal purchase, they do this even when you state there is no shipping required. In the end, they always refund the customer their money and the seller gets screwed. As for buying experiences with PayPal refunding my money, as long as the seller can provide proof of shipping, the buyer is pretty much screwed. AKA PayPal is the devil... avoid them at all costs... Maybe Amazon payments is better?
 19th of Sep, 2009 by   DawnA2009 0 Votes
I was also ripped off on eCrater. They, unlike eBay, provide NO support for BUYERS. There is no recourse. I am in the process of recouping my money via PayPal. Stay off of there is my advice. Even read their "contact us" text. "You will be ignored" It says that. They don't care about the consumer at all.
 25th of Sep, 2009 by   Mervins 0 Votes
Ecrate what a great Experience I had, I guest the above buyer did not do their homework or something is being left uot.
Great Place to Shop
Mugzinnys
 6th of Oct, 2009 by   ps4system 0 Votes
Here's a little tip, on the bottom of the page is will say something like "Last Updated DATE "
I've seen stores that havent been updated for years and ppl still purchase from them and leave a negative saying something like "no response from seller". Make sure the site is updated routinely so at least you know someone is actually behind the website working on it and not away from there webstore in LALA land .

Just my 2 cents
ps4system.com
 7th of Nov, 2009 by   TotallyCars 0 Votes
I never ordered from ecreater.com, but am a merchant.

I can assure anyone that orders from my store that I except Paypal and Google Checkout. They will notify if you got an order. In today's world you have got to be careful, but I am a very real person and it is a shame that some people will find any way they can to screw people over.

I can not speak for other stores, but I am a Pixar Cars merchant and the merchandise I have for sell is in hand and owned. Dont judge everyone by one or two screwups.

If you are a Pixar Cars fan, stop by make an order and I will prove that there are still descent people. I only use Ecrater to avoid alot of the fees.

my link is http://carcollector.ecrater.com
If you have any questions you can contact me squeeky04@gmail.com
I cant speak for the others, but I am 100% legit.
 7th of Nov, 2009 by   TotallyCars 0 Votes
By the way, I have had the similar experiences with ebay that I never got item, as well as amazon receiving the wrong item then got a BS story about how amazon misposted the item. Fees on both are outrageous!
You hear it all. Best thing is if ecrater update is past 2 weeks do not order!! Those that update daily or weekly probably are the ones that are still there. If you come to the store I prefer you to use Google checkout. It is stated that all my items will be shipped in 48 hours and if you dont recieve the item, contact the poster if you dont hear nothing back, then go to GC and get a refund. Dont wait a month. Cause if you didnt get any confirmation from seller it is shipped or order was received by seller within 48 hours, directly from the seller, then assume that they are not there. Best thing is to contact any seller prior to making order to confirm they are still there.
Just please be careful cause in the economy today, you need to be Aware!
 11th of Nov, 2009 by   Buy on eBay +1 Votes
I lost $80 by buying something from a seller on eCrater, never got the item. Owner/Management of eCrater just said 'go through proper channels' when I asked them for help. Now I will only buy from eBay or Amazon or legit sites.
 7th of Dec, 2009 by   bob diffy -1 Votes
This is not true.

eCrater is somewhere between craigslist amd eBay in that its a more open system, but it also goes further than craigslist to provide buyers and sellers with support systems. As others have said, do you homework, you can get some great deals on eCrater and meet some great people!
 7th of Dec, 2009 by   Tibursio +1 Votes
There's a difference though, ebay does provide good service.
Craiglist on the other hand is a completely free service, so you expect that you have to be cautious and protect yourself.
eCrater on the other hand, is a website for profit, therefor they should be more cautious who they let sell there, eCrater just sucks, flat out.
 14th of Dec, 2009 by   strokesofjam 0 Votes
Nobody can help buyers if they are idiots.Pay only using credit cards for online sales.so if you don't get items you can get money back.Think this as a lesser learned.
 14th of Dec, 2009 by   Tibursio 0 Votes
No reason to learn a lesson, I would never buy at eCrater to begin with because of their shady history.
 21st of Dec, 2009 by   Christmas Ripoff 0 Votes
DON'T USE ECRATER!!! I also never received the product that I paid for! Of course the money was taken the minute I made the "purchase" The very sad part is that I was purchasing a set of Strawberry Shortcake sheets for a little girl being given a Christmas by the Salvation Army - it was one of the items on her wish list. The ripoff artist on this particular experience was daisysclosets - I place the blame completely on the "seller" and ecrater - both completely lack integrity - what goes around comes around...
 21st of Dec, 2009 by   My Jewelry Box 0 Votes
I have been selling on ecrater for a couple of years now. If you are interested in purchasing sterling silver jewelry at reasonable prices please check out my store - My Jewelry Box

If you purchase something on ecrater and pay for it with Paypal you do have protection. If the item you purchased isn't mailed or if you do receive it and it is significantly different than described you can file a complaint with paypal. However, you need to do it within a reasonable period of time. I have had a couple of problems with buyers who bought items from me, damaged them and then returned them demanding a refund. Unfortunately for me Paypal gave them refunds although I did nothing wrong. Also I had a buyer confuse my item with someone else's and gave me neutral feedback. So, bad things can work both ways.
 21st of Dec, 2009 by   Tibursio 0 Votes
Too bad paypal is a joke... as a seller I will be moving to Google Checkout..

Real Estate Scam