logo

Affordable Dentures
Horrible denture partials/service
4. (7 mins ago)
Am Resorts / Unlimited Vacation Club
Misleading and lies - i know because i worked there
5. (7 mins ago)
Global Crossing Local Services, Inc
Unsolicited phone calls

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Econo Lodge, Logan, Utah Complaints & Reviews - Billing issues!

Econo Lodge Contacts & Informations

Econo Lodge

Posted:    Brad Sawyer

Billing issues!

Econo Lodge
364 S. Main St.
Logan, Utah
Phone: (435)753-5623
Recently my brother was married and spent the weekend in Logan UT at the Econo Lodge. As a wedding gift I payed for 1 night of the stay. I called the front dest a few days prior to the Reservation, and arranged payment. On tues of the following week I received the charge for the second night which overdrew the account and as a result I was charged $20.00 by my bank. I tried to call the motel and I spoke the GM. Who said as I was explaining "I Do not Care". After calling all over the continental U.S. for 2 hours I found someone who could help me get the room charges refunded however I have to accept the $20.00 charge from the bank which wouldn't exist had they not charged me so I personally as a consumer would never recommend this hotel to anyone else there are far better accommodation in Logan and the surrounding areas.
Comments United States Hotels
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Mar, 2008 by   Scott Johnson +1 Votes
Dear Brad Sawyer:

Have you considered contacting their corporate office? Generally they would be the ones to assist your with you getting the $22 fee back, I wish you the best.

Pablo.

colonsmartcleasner
Posted: 2008-08-24 by Mark Keyworth [send email]
froud

Complaint Rating:
I to was a dumy. i was on a survey, took the trial offer and got scamed. there were no phone numbers on the offer but i thought there would be with the trial shippment.NOT, only a web sight. when i went to bring it up, all that would come up was a picture of the bottle of colonsmartcleasner, when i clicked on the bottle it would take me to another sight. i tried several times the same thing kept happening. So there i found a phone number so i called it. they kept saying they had nothing to do with colonsmartcleasner.needless to say i was very angry.then i thought well when it comes in i would just put on it return to sender and wait for a refund. well it never happend... my bank said they couldnt do anything for thirty days from the day i sent it back. so i waited filled the dispute and waited four days for the results.. well then i get the results from my bank... NOT HAPPY my bank sends me some copys off the internet from colonsmart stating there is only one way you can receive a refund.you have to follow four steps. one of thoughs steps are they do not except Return to sender packages as a way for refund. what they dont say is that package i sent back is theirs now and you get nothing for $88.98.now it said nothing about ANY policys when i ordered the free samples.and when i got the free samples it had nothing of any policys either. so im out the money and the FAKE product(COLONSMARTCLEASNER). OH DID I MENTION YHE PRODUCT DID NOTHING... I TOOK THE SUPPOSEDLY FREE SAMPLES AND HAD NO REACTION !!! if there is anyone out there that can help me get my money back.i would be very happy... oozman.com@live.com TO EVERYONE------ STAY AWAY FROM COLONSMARTCLEASNER !!! THERE A RIPOFF !!!

1 minutes ago by Mark Keyworth [send email]
i forgot to mention the paperwork my bank got off the internet was dated july 10th 2008 REVISED. this was 2 mth. after i sent mine back. when i got my (FREE) sample.i couldnt get on their web site to cancel nor did they have a phone number... COLONSMARTCLEASNER IS A RIPOFF...
 7th of Oct, 2008 by   BIGTAZ351 +1 Votes
I had made reservations for the Kansas NASCAR Race 2008 @ the Econolodge in Kearny Mo. the total bill was supposed to be $88.xx dollars, that was fine... 25 days prior to going I had to cancel, bummer right? not as bad as the fact I got a confirmation # for the cancelation and all. But low and behold Monday after the race I have a charge on my bank account for 189.xx Dollars a 100 bucks more than stated on the website. Not only was I charged by mistake I was double charged. Anyways I called the # on the website and they sent me in the direction of calling the Kearny Econolodge, ok so I call and this guy who is "new to America" answers and says he is the manager, takes down my info but claimes the computer isnt working, ok stuff happens whatever... 3 hours later calls talks to my wife and says "Its been refunded and will show up in your account tomarrow" ok great! Wrong, 7 days later its not in there, so I go to the bank to refuse the charge and now I will have to wait a few more days to see what will happen. I also called 18003008800 to let their higher ups know what is going on. my Fraud-o-meter is saying this is bad.

1. Charged by accident.
2. Charged more than Double!
3. Computers are down!
4. Manager at hotel promises refund, None Appears!
5. Manager new to America, Broken English.

I Score that as 5 red flags I wont spend a dime there in the future!
thats my rant Matt.
 22nd of Mar, 2009 by   NotHappyinUtah +1 Votes
Econolodge Logan Utah. This seems to be a problem area hotel. I reserved a room for a "Winter Weekend Getaway Package." Room and Dinner for one low price. What they dont tell you is that the dinner menu you get on check in is limited choices and you have to "pick one" and fill out a huge coupon for it to be valid. Also, when I checked my visa bill, I was overcharged by $27.oo. I called the hotel back, and explained to the lady that I was overcharged by that amount, and she proceeded to argue with me about the amount, but did agree to refund $22.51 to my card. I thought that was the end of it, until I checked my balance again and noticed that i was charged another $22.51. I was now being charged over $100.00 for a room and dinner that was supposed to be $55.oo. She recharged me more, then credited that amount. I dont know why its always a problem for the business to credit someones account when its their mistake. Not only will I not go back, I will make sure to tell everyone I know NOT to go there, or even reserve there. Its not worth the price they end up charging you over all.
 3rd of Jul, 2009 by   maryooski +1 Votes
My daughter just called me to get a number for the Econolodge Complaint Line. Her family is on the road for a two-week vacation to Oklahoma, and they stopped last night in Indianapolis to spend the night. I think the people who manage those places are SCAM ARTISTS, and needless to say, NOT Americans! The people at the motel called about twenty minutes ago to accuse my daughter and her husband of stealing two comforters from the room and to tell them that they're charging their credit card an additional $90 for the missing comforters! This is not only outrageous, it's insulting! Believe me, they would never take anything that doesn't belong to them; but taking cheap comforters from a motel room???? Please!!! Take this as a warning to all travelers --- ANYWHERE BUT ECONOLODGE!!!
 1st of Jan, 2010 by   Leah Scott 0 Votes
I had a one night stay at a Econo Lodge in Takoma Park, MD on New Hampshire Ave. The fee was $90.00 for the night. There was no heat, the linen had not been changed and the bathroom was filthy dirty oh and needless to say the toilet paper had mold on it. I made complaints to the front desk and was told I could not change my room. I asked for the manager and was told he wasn't there I left my information for the manager to call and I never received a call. The place was despicable I would not recommend my worst enemy to that place. The foreigners always act as if they don't know what's going on!! Please STAY AWAY FROM ECONO LODGE!!!
 4th of May, 2010 by   dontbefooledbyeconolodge 0 Votes
Nasty Motel Room.
I had the unexpected pleasure of staying at the Darien Lakes New York Econo Lodge on April 29, 2010 and though they were proud of thir "new carpet", their accodations sucked!
Very noisy motel. Paper thin walls to where you could hear your neighbor sneeze and ???? Each time someone on the same level flushed the toilet or turned on the bathroom water it sounded like a freight train was coming, as the pumps tried desperately to drag enough water to the 2nd floor for the purpose intended!
At 3 am the fire alarm went off outside my door. It took some 5 minutes for someone to figure out how to shut if off. I can only imagine if this had been real... the utter hell of frieghtened people, without organization!
I decided to leave at 4 am as there was no such thing as sleep here!! I proceeded to brush my teeth only to be met with "ugly, brown, hostile" looking water to rinse with! Upon checkout, I told the "customer sevice desk", (and that's debatable) about these issues and not a word was replied. Then I emailed the general manager of the motel and "NOTHING" was the response.
My advise, DO NOT STAY AT ECONOLODGE IN DARIEN LAKES, NEW YORK, there is a very pleasant, Comfort Inn at the next exit east, just about 5 miles. Well worth the short drive, guranteed!
 19th of Dec, 2010 by   RevMarie 0 Votes
I along with a member from our Organization-Jeremiah Ministries.Org we are humanitarians and was lodging at the Econo Lodge Airport 3037 E Van Buren Street, Phoenix Arizona, we lodged there for a period of 13 months and 28 days. As a member of Choice Hotels I called them to get information on my point system, I think they are wonderful, and was informed that I should have a reduced rate. The rate that was quoted was 50.99 at which I was already paying that rate along with taxes. I learned further through the Department of Revenue and the City of Phoenix that the Tax rate that I should have been paying is 2% instead I was being charged 13.27%. I brought this matter to the attention of the General Manager Rakesh (Rick) Bhakta, General Manager and on December 18 he told us we had to leave the hotel, now these people owe me $1, 877.02 in taxes that he has collected for 13 months and 28 days and this man has no intentions of paying this money, so I filed a complaint with the State Attorneys office in hopes that criminal charges will be brought against him, a full scale audit of his books and filings and Fraud charges. Remember if you are in Phoenix Arizona and you stay in a hotel for 30 days or longer you are exempt as a Non Transient customer and that is in the City of Pheonix Maricopa County. If you have ever stayed at the Econo Lodge Airport longer than 30 days and was charged more than 2% notify the State's Attorneys Office immediately you can file your complaint on line.
 2nd of Jan, 2011 by   rluchinske -1 Votes
Never stay at the Econo lodge in Wisconsin Dells.
We had several aggravating issues with tickets for local attractions (Supposed to be a discount). We were told to go to our room, they would call us when the issues were resolved. After some time I checked to make sure the phone worked, it wasn’t even plugged in. I found the phone jack on the other side of the room, plugged in the phone and it still didn’t work.
The rest of the stay only got worse. After we went to bed I was awaken by something crawling on my neck. We had Bed bugs! Please don’t ever let this happen to you for a few dollars of savings.
We will never forget this experience! Plus we had to throw out our pillows and wash all of our cloths that night. I will be posting this on every web site I can find for the rest of my life.
 14th of Feb, 2011 by   paulamason123 0 Votes

Econo Lodge - nasty room an service
rainbow st
Niagara Falls
New York

i went to stay in hotel and i went to the room and when i open the door. a bad odor was there, beer cans on the desk and floor, hotel was freezing cold, bathroom was nasty .. there was pee on seat and floor toilet paper every where .. bed was not made everything was on floor.NASTY NASTY NASTY
 27th of May, 2011 by   USMARINE6432 0 Votes
Nasty A$$ ROOM!
My wife and I went to North Charleston SC for the weekend a couple of weeks ago. We ddecided to stay at the Econo Lodge there for a cheaper price. Most of the hotels were booked and outrageous in price. With that said here is a list of how our experience was: The TV did not work, there were no towels, the bathroom was filthy nasty, there were several BOOGERS smeered on the walls, the floor was totally nasty as there were stains and wet spots everywhere to include dirt build up in every corner. We were afraid to walk around without our shoes. Needless to say this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Never again.
 31st of May, 2011 by   shariduhon 0 Votes

Econo Lodge - called us bastards and stupid
Tuscaloosa
Alabama
Phone: 2053459286

a housekeeper and i was being called names such as a bastard and stupid all because he was saying that he had to clean the concrete upstairs... he was also saying that it was our job to clean the mess.
 2nd of Jun, 2011 by   miller5 0 Votes
My family and I said at the Econo in Pekin Il. I booked these rooms back in March. We had five rooms. My brother and his family had to be moved before they could even get in the room due to it was dirt. The room they were put in had stuff all over the front of the fridge. Plus they were going to wave the pet fee for him and didnt. My sister and her family got charge double for a pet fee. Plus they had to remove hair off thier bed. My parents room had crumbs on the table and bread left from other people and their room was half way cleaned. My room had a broken tolet seat. Most of the pool was closed the hole weekend and that was the main reason I booked at this place. The manager that works there works from 8am to 10pm. No wonder her customer skills were bad. My family and I WILL NEVER stay at this place again and as I have been reading from others I dont think I will ever stay at a Econo again.
 4th of Aug, 2011 by   craig kiracofe 0 Votes

Econo Lodge - lack of help
reagan dr
Gatlinburg
Tennessee
Phone: 865-436-7991

horrendous last nights stay.loud party going on until 1:00 a.m. desk would not answer phone .guests were in pool past posted hours loud rude disturbing.could not contact any sort of management.3 emails no response
 22nd of Sep, 2011 by   NCone 0 Votes
This complaint is against the Econo Lodge in Leesburge Florida(1308 North 13th St34748)
I was an employee there for 7 mo. and during that time it was sold to a guy from Canada . We was ask to stay on with him and keep it running .Him not being from America was not aware of the laws of running a business in Florida must less the good old USA. At first he acted as if he was going to comply with the law as well as the rules of the EconoLodge and then thing started getting out of hand ...Not only did this man not pay his employees right and on time but he refused to pay for the thing that it takes to keep the hotel running.At this time he has not paid the EconoLodge for the use of there name (and it is being hurt real bad after you see the condition of this place), When I left he didn't have a health Certificate or a food handlers Lic. nor did he have a occupational Lic. and he did not have the workman comp. posters posted and I'm not sure if he even has workmans comp. on the business..The rooms are full of mold and most of the air conditioners was out or going out.. This is not something you can blame on the people that work there they are doing their best to keep it going the best they can . You as EconoLodge needs to have someone go in there and close this place down it is in real need of a over haul. The people need a job and the place could be a real good hotel but at the rate it is going, it will fall to the ground in about 6 mo. to a year ...
 1st of May, 2012 by   Mitch Proctor 0 Votes
1. makeup on the towels in the bathroon
2. coffee pot dirty and had old coffee in it
3. telephone very sticky, we had to clean it before picking it up
4. spiders around the room
5. the picture speaks for itself.

This was the EconoLodge in Lebanon IN. 4/26/12
 24th of Jun, 2012 by   Jackie Ficele 0 Votes
Recently stayed at Billings Econo Lodge and were charged $204.00 for a night because there was a convention in town. Guess they can charge whatever they want for people passing through. As we had been driving all day and were to tired to go on we paid the price. The room was smelly, beds were old and uncomfortable. AI would rate it at a1. On our return trip we stayed in Big Timber a much smalled town at a Super 8 for under $100.00 This room I would rate a 4. Will never stay in another Econo Lodge again. Jackie F
 21st of Aug, 2012 by   karenprice 0 Votes
i never stay in a place that was as bad as this place . first of all we go to the door and it looks like someone try to kick it it second of all the ceiling tiles were ready to fsll out and some were yellow the walls look like hell patches everywhere was suppost to have a hot tub had a regular tub the outlet was put in the wall with medal brackets i hated staying there it was not worth what i paid i have picture cant load them on here for some reason
 24th of Aug, 2012 by   binknik 0 Votes
I recently stayed at an Econo lodge in Windsor locks, ct got six flags package for 195.50 checked out, 3 days later have $400 charged to my card. When I checked in there was iron burn on the rug, staff said they were aware, check out call about the charges non-English speaking manager claims iron burn was worse and charged me for new rug!!! I am suiting and furious. Like I would return a rug I'm 34 yrs old with 3 kids!!!
 12th of Sep, 2012 by   sandra.hector vargas 0 Votes

Econo Lodge - dubble charged and did not comidate for the inconvenince
Salt Lake City
Utah
Phone: 801-879-9821
svaldez640@gmail.com

Im realy upset on the maneger s behavior not only charged for an extra night overly charged with i could get the same thing in the geto motels and not even accomedate for for the inconvenence wow realy lame

Identity Theft Has Many Forms