logo

Recruitment fraud, False Job advert

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Ecco Shoes Complaints & Reviews - I no longer buy Ecco!

Ecco Shoes Contacts & Informations

Ecco Shoes

Posted:    Valerie

I no longer buy Ecco!

It appears that nothing has changed at Ecco. I used to buy Ecco shoes for their comfort but found that on three pairs of shoes the centres of the soles came away after little wear. The reason for this as far as I could observe was simple. It appears to be that they stamp their 'Ecco' brand name large and very deeply into the rubber sole to the extent that it weakens around that area. Believing that I was doing them a favor, I wrote to them (no reply) and subsequently spoke to them (with little courtesy). They told me to send the shoes back to them. I replied that I would if they sent me the postage or they could ask their local dealer (just up the road from me) to pick them up. They refused. Their customer service is appalling. I no longer buy Ecco. End of story.
Comments United States Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Dec, 2011 by   Mike Chan +1 Votes
Hi People, I am from Singapore. I had enough of ecco shoes after buying 3 pairs paying over S$200 for each pair. Within 8 months the under soles disintergarted, the top leather seems ok. I made some feedback to the local retailer/agent but nothing was done, no follow up, zilt. Don't ever buy such lousy shoes for such high prices. I was fooled! ----- See attached pics.
 16th of Dec, 2011 by   Bubba Whitin +1 Votes
I have purshased (4) pairs of expensive ecco golf shoes. I am very dissapointed with
there quality. The soles have cracked and the waterproof shoes are now completly
useless. Why this company doesn't address these problems is beyond me.
From now on I'm buying another high end golf shoe.
I'm done with crappo ecco. Bubba W.
 28th of Mar, 2012 by   Grace Yu 0 Votes
I'm from Singapore, i bought many pairs of ecco shoes, i found the quality was not there. The lastest model i bought was in end Feb 2012. but the sole was very slippery when during the raining day will not be hold and i had a fell on that day and against my back, until now still not recovered. i went down to ION and spoke to one of the salesman i gave my hp contact and email to him and he told me he will tell his Operation Mgr but no action taken at all. The shoes it cost $229 considered very expensive shoes.
 4th of Aug, 2012 by   Voicemint +1 Votes
ECCO has definitely had some sole problems with their shoes. It had something to do with the direct injection process, whereby there was moisture in the formulation that would be susceptible to bacterial invasion. For some reason, the shoes being left unworn for long periods helped the break down occur. Maybe the bacteria needs lack of movement? Anyway, ECCO claims that soles with "TPU" stamped on the bottom is a sign of the corrected formulation. These are supposed to be disintegration resistant. Well, we shall see. I am going to pick up another pair of Track II ECCO shoes with this stamping on it. I hope they last. If they do not, I will inform ECCO and demand my money back, or a replacement with a proven model that won't rot, but you can guarantee that I'd not patronize ECCO ever again.
 14th of Sep, 2012 by   mikilalus 0 Votes
i wore my echo shoes occasionally but recently while about to tee off, i noticed the centre of the golf shoe was disintegrating and giving way.I was shocked not just because of the cost of the shoe but my confidence in the quality of ecco products generally..The upper leather which is 100% is intact and almost new but the sole has now disintegrated at different points.I need to know where to buy a replacement sole if possible as i love the shoe and its unique design which is no longer being manufactured.I need to know where to get the replacement soles please.
 16th of Dec, 2012 by   Davidtab 0 Votes
I bought a pair of ECCO Remotes earlier this year and noticed that the leather was tearing where it joins the sole right where the sole bends when you walk. Contacted ECCO on-line shoes in the UK and they said it was because I had bought a pair that was too big. They then changed their story saying that ECCO shoes are only designed too last 6 months and they offered me 25% off my next purpose which was very generous considering it was the same store wide offer available to everyone. I then contacted Head Office and got the same explanation.Soles were lasting really well!!!
 28th of Dec, 2012 by   KMH56 0 Votes
I used to buy ECCO shoes because they were the most comfortable shoes I'd ever worn. After I'd worn through maybe two pair I bought two more pair and both pair had problems. The soles of the casual shoes began to deteriorate while the upper part still looked great. A pair that I bought to wear in the rain and snow held up, but at one point the fabric started to deteriorate when I put them on. I'd pick them up, feel something weird on my fingers, look at my hands and see the material was melting (for lack of a better word). I still have the shoes and wish ECCO would replace them for free.
 21st of Jan, 2013 by   m.shee 0 Votes
I bought a pair of Ecco men’s ultra terrain – black shoes in Letterkenny, Donegal on 9th October 2010 for €100-
I was looking for durable shoes that could be used day-to-day in the office as well as for walking in forest tracks etc.
I have worn the shoes regularly since I bought them.
While the shoes were comfortable, the soles were not as durable as advertised. In fact, parts of the soles began to flake away over a year ago. Now the soles have broken down enough that the shoes are no longer suitable for walking.
While I would not expect any shoe to last for ever, I do have older shoes and runners with soles in better condition.
So while I would give it a 9 out of 10 for comfort, it is not suitable for “vigorous use” or “demanding outdoor movements” as advertised but more as a shoe for easy/moderate outdoor walking.
 21st of Feb, 2013 by   Gerry Salinas +1 Votes
I got a pair of brown ECCOs for a b'day present last year. Have worn them minimally in good weather, Only worn to the Office or in home. Y'day I'm at work & I stumble in them. I look down & in my cubicle on the carpet I find couple pieces of black rubber. look at it. look at both soles on ECCO shoes. A chunk of rubber had broken off around the center of one sole & on the other one, the sole had cracked in HALF!! Couldn't believe it. Was totally PISSED after hearing & reading of these over hyped shoes. They are comfortable but made in Portugal?/ Must be using some CHEAP Rubber compound they're getting no telling where?/ I own Ferragamos, Born, Allen Edmonds, & several other name brand shoes & have never had this happen to them. I spend GOOD MONEY on well made shoes. When I told my brother about it y'day, he almost crapped. Said he'd heard rumors about the quality but couldn't believe how widespread it was until reading this page. Hopefully the Dillards' store has some type of warranty or return coverage.
 27th of Feb, 2013 by   Elsa K +1 Votes
My husband bought a pair of ECCOs in Netherlands in June 2010. This special shoes have worn rarely, may be less than 10 times. Yesterday he found small black pieces scattered on car's carpet. He looked at his shoes and found that the soles had cracked. For this type of shoes he expect that they will last more than 5 years. The leather top of shoes are still fine and strong, but the soles are broken. The manufacture should find the reasons for this, since the complaint list is long about the sole shoes. I think the ECCO should hear consumers' complaints otherwise we could spread this everywhere so it will impact their sales around the world.
 3rd of Jun, 2013 by   Karen L. Wright 0 Votes
I also bought a pair of these Ecco shoes... the shoes are very comfortable...BUT I was not impressed with the sole breaking away from the shoe and leaving sticky black marks all over my floor!!! I think it is sad when all these people have bought your product only to find they will have to throw the shoes out...so I think it is only fair you either replace the shoes or refund their money...Cheers Karen
 25th of Jun, 2013 by   TarheelSal 0 Votes
The problem with the soles is real, at least on older shoes--my husband hadn't worn a couple of pairs for some time and we found that the soles were disintegrating. However, I called Ecco and they sent out bags to return the shoes right away. Today I received two very handsome credits that will more than cover the cost of two pairs of new shoes.

It pays to be constructive. Good companies will respond well. My attitude towards Ecco has done a 180 from horrified (when I saw the old shoes) to awed (when I got such a great response).
 2nd of Nov, 2013 by   FELLOW FROM QATAR 0 Votes
I am another customer who is disappointed with ecco
I have spend huge sum of money to buy an ecco shoe which claims to be a quality shoe. the fellow worked in the shop gave me a
polish saying that it'll keep my shoo with nice looking. unfortunately it changed the original color and it looks like a junk now

this happened only after a week of purchase. BIG NO FOR ECCO AGAIN..GO FOR A CHEAP ONE WITH GOOD QUALITY THAN
COSTLY ONE WITH BAD QUALITY ...
 6th of Nov, 2013 by   מרגי יעקב 0 Votes
רכשתי נעלים גבוהות יפות מאוד לפני שנה ואילו השנה הוצאתי אותם לקראת החורף ולתדהמתי חצי סוליה התפרקה לי בידיים החנות שרכשתי אותם נסגרה נגשתי לחנות בנמל תל אביב ונאמר לי לכתוב מכתב שבתקווה אולי יענו לי אני עם אקו גמרתי
 13th of Nov, 2013 by   flowers1234 0 Votes
my wife has a pair of ecco sneakers how can you clean the heavy staining on the fabric i believe its goretex correct me if i' wrong signed dazed and confused
 24th of Nov, 2013 by   warwicktw 0 Votes
Ecco soles seem to disintegrate after 2 or 3 years even if the shoes are not worn. I have been told that keeping them in a box is a bad idea (most probably because of gas build-up) and such shoes can fail more quickly
 16th of Jan, 2014 by   henry_porter +1 Votes
Came across this site whilst unsuccessfully trying to find ANY kind of ecco returns policy. The soles on my ecco shoes (little worn, but over 12 months old) are disintegrating. Great reputation it seems, does not necessarily mean great quality. Beware, all the similar complaints on this site are probably just the tip of the iceberg.
 2nd of Feb, 2014 by   Mridula Müller 0 Votes
This is going to be the height of it. Its mine third ECCO shoe. The first one, the sole hat splits and I had to throw the shoe, just after one year only. Is this the quality you offer for the price. Now be careful. Actually I should sue this company. My Wintershoes, worn hardly 5-6 times. Last september the hooks around the ankles got entangeled and I fell down. I blamed myself for it first, but now again it happened for the second time and i got badly injured. I m 56 yrs old, 62 Kg heavy, imagine falling on your forehead, breaking Knees
palms etc. This happened to me again on 29th Jan ( have the witness). This can be seen in pictures too. I cant walk like a Pinguin, with broad legs walking like Gorilla. I should be giving the case to my lawyer. My shoes costed me 150 Euro, purchased at shop
Pickelmans Shuhe, Innere Laufergasse, Nürnberg. Should I adrs the media or fight alone. Photos attached
Mridula Mueller ( Mullermridula@gmail.com)
 21st of Apr, 2014 by   GeorgeCano 0 Votes
Same thing here. Men's Ecco dress shoes were purchased and put in the suit bag. Wore them to funeral, piece of heel fell off! Very disappointed. Barely worn.
 17th of May, 2014 by   spers 0 Votes
I recently bought a pair of Ecco Women Biom Hike. But the shoe bothers the heel from first time trying. The insole is leather and very poorly designed at the back. It is tough and hard and the colored plastic part at the heel has deformed the inner shape of the boot in back part. I go mountain climbing very often. It has been 15 years that I use ecco hiking shoes and they have always been perfect. But this time the design is really bad. I took the shoe to the retail store where I bought it but they say as I have bought it in a 30% sale they cannot change it with another model for me. I still have payed a lot and I really don't know what to do.

Beware When Shopping Online