logo

StreetDeal.sg
Premium Membership SCAM
3. (9 mins ago)
Yupptv.com
Next month charges before current month membership expiration
4. (14 mins ago)
Award Notification Commission
Letter stating has won prize
5. (21 mins ago)
Nirvana Laminate
Do not purchase

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

EC Vehicle Rental, England, Hertfordshire Complaints & Reviews - unrecognised transaction

EC Vehicle Rental Contacts & Informations

EC Vehicle Rental

Posted:    Doris Leibetseder

unrecognised transaction

EC Vehicle rental
Hertfordshire, England
United Kingdom
I rented a car from Europcar on from the 29-30 of Sept. I paid it immediatly with my credit card and I was told that everything was alright, when I brought the car back.
Now I found out that on the 20 of Oct. EC Vehicle Rental charged from my credit card 11, 05 Pounds.
Comments United Kingdom Car Rental
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Jan, 2011 by   candykisses69 0 Votes
I also rented a car from Evershine Travel, to be collected and returned to Manchester airport. All went well, the car was returned with a full tank of petrol and undamaged, and despite this, I have just noticed that a company called "EC Vehicle Rental" has charged my credit card 150 pounds sterling for I know not what reason.
I have received no communication from this company to explain the reason for this charge and therefore I am going to contact my credit card company to try and cancel the payment.
 23rd of May, 2011 by   kerouhak 0 Votes
Well blow me! I have had a recurring rental from Alamo, of which I pay £130 per week on a weekly basis.
I have now been told that there was a payment made to EC Vehicle rental for £434 !!!
I have contacted my card company who are looking into this.
Can someone pls forward me the details for this company so I can call them and 'give em what for'
My addy is kerouhak@hotmail.com.
Your assistance would be much appreciated.
 24th of Sep, 2011 by   right_doc 0 Votes
I would go elsewhere...
I had to rent there because of convenience
but the guys at the east ham location are not customer friendly and I had problems all through out - it extended even after I was done with the rental period. They charged me twice again all over for the insurance cover ( as if they had no common sense )
They gave the reserved car to someone else and made me and the family wait at their place for more than an hour despite me having booked the car for a specific period
and I felt the rental agency are not a safe place where you could give your credit card details

At the same time, i have dealt with other Alamo locations in London and they had provided me with wonder service.

I suppose its the incompetency of the personnel at the East ham rental location is the issue.
 29th of Feb, 2012 by   Jeff z 0 Votes
I rented a car in Nov through carhire3000. When I collected the car from the Alamo desk at Birmingham airport the staff were rude and arrogant, no staff were available for pre-inspection either - very unprofessional. 2 weeks after the rental I was charged £334 by EC vehicle rental, on top of a similar charge to carhire3000. When I reported the case each party points fingers to the other, won't be using either again
 12th of Nov, 2012 by   jg35 0 Votes
I have also rented cars from different rental companies during my previous trips to UK, but June this year when I didn't rent any car, my Visa card was charged with about 265 pounds by EC Vehicle Rental. I didn't realise it till recently as I was travelling quite a bit last few months. My bank told me they could not do anything, and Visa International has not replied why they apprioved such transactions. How disappointing of the services of such a big corporation.
 15th of Jul, 2013 by   Salzburg 0 Votes
Ich habe über rentalcar bei alamo für die Zeit vom 17. - 29.6.2013 ein Auto gemietet und vorab per Kreditkarte bezahlt. In Stanstead
beim entsprechenden Schalter wurde noch ein GPS (GBP 130, 00) und eine zusätzliche Versicherung (GBP 29, 00) gebucht. Abge-
bucht wurden im nachhinein von meinem Konto GBP 439, 94 und keiner kann mir sagen, wofür !!! In meinen vorigen Urlauben in England habe ich das Auto immer bei Sixt gebucht und es war immer korrekt - soviel zur Schnäppchenjagt !!
Christa aus Salzburg
 25th of Jul, 2013 by   Alamo Rent A Car 0 Votes
Salzburg,
We’ve taken note of your concern and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to Care@Alamo.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 130725-001862 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Mitch
Social Media Team
Alamo
 26th of Jul, 2013 by   maria galway 0 Votes
I hired a car from Cardiff airport from july 7th to 12th 2013. The rental company was Alamo.
an unexplained transaction has been debited to my credit card by EC Vehicle Rental Leicester HQ GB in the sum of £302.96. There has been no communication nor no explanation for this transaction. It is worrying to see that many others have had this problem. Can any body get back on this site and let me know the outcome of their complaints to Alamo??
maria galway
 6th of Aug, 2013 by   lililou 0 Votes
Interesting that I have just checked my accounts and the same thing has happened... an extra charge of 189 pounds. This was after an initial charge from the rental company when I started the rental. How can they do this? Just about to call them... This was Enterprise through rentalcars.com
 6th of Aug, 2013 by   Manfred Voelker 0 Votes
Wir haben einen Mietwagen über Auto Europe (National Car) in Glasgow vom 25. Mai bis 02.Juli gemietet und vorab komplett bezahlt. Jetzt finde ich eine Extra-Abbuchung über meine Kreditkarte in Höhe von 112, 63 Euro von EC Vehicle Rental Leicester HQ GB. Ohne jede Erklärung wofür ! Ich werde versuchen, die Buchung rückgängig zu machen, solange ich keine schriftliche und ausreichende Begründung bekomme.
Manfred Voelker
 8th of Aug, 2013 by   louise davies-shilling 0 Votes
I hired a van from Alamo in Newcastle on 24 July and dropped it off at Salisbury on the 26th.
I have just notice an unexplained transaction from EC vehicle rental Leicester of £50.
When I handed back the van i asked them to check it over and give me a receipt before I left. So WHY HAS THIS MONEY BEEN TAKEN OUT.
Does anyone have the number I can contact them please
Email me - louiz573@yahoo.co.uk

A very confused, unhappy Louise x
 21st of Aug, 2013 by   maria galway 0 Votes
further to my post of July 26th last, where our credit card was debited with an unexplained transaction, Alamo have now got back to me to say the extra fee was a young driver fee, of £27.08 per day, however I had agreed a young driver fee with Car-Hire-Uk, which was included in my quote from Car-Hire-UK. Alamo are refusing to honour the original quote I received from Car-Hire-Uk. I kept a print out of my on line chat while booking this car and this fully details what I was to be billed. I booked this car in good faith expecting to be billed a certain amount and now find I am being billed over £100 extra. Has anybody else had this experience of being over billed?
 26th of Aug, 2013 by   BrianUK 0 Votes
I have just checked my CC statement and I have been charged £450 by EC Car Rental on top of my hire amount (by Alamo) at Birmingham Airport UK. I paid the original booking of £350.00 through Alamo's website. So that is a whopping £800 for 2 weeks rental. I did take out excess protection but the lady quoted me £14 a day which doesn't come to nearly £450! I am furious and am going to start the complaints procedure immediately, starting with Alamo.
 28th of Aug, 2013 by   Alamo Rent A Car 0 Votes
BrianUK,
We’ve taken note of your post and would like to discuss this further with you. Please send us a detailed email to care@alamo.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.
When emailing, please list Reference Number 130828-002192 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards,
Carol
Social Media
Alamo Car Rental
 28th of Aug, 2013 by   Alamo Rent A Car 0 Votes
Maria galway,
When emailing, please list Reference Number 130828-002355 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
Carol
Social Media
Alamo Car Rental
 14th of Sep, 2013 by   nathanaus 0 Votes
I've just had the same experience. Booked through Alamo via rentalcars.com and have found an additional charge with the same description. What was the result for everyone? It would be good to know the most direct path to a resolution also if anyone can help. The amount of jumping through hoops these companies make you do sometimes almost makes it seem to big of a task to chase up.
 14th of Sep, 2013 by   Alamo Rent A Car 0 Votes
nathanaus,
I have forwarded your correspondence to our International Services Department to be further addressed by a specialist there. A representative from that office will be in touch soon. Your patience is appreciated.

Please feel free to contact us at care@alamo.com with any questions or concerns and reference # 130914-000717 as we have opened a file for this .

Carol H.
Social Media Representative
Alamo Rent A Car
 23rd of Sep, 2013 by   Simon Fowler 0 Votes
I have just had a similar case after renting a car through Rentals.Com from Aberdeen airport.
Paid through website as usual and now have an extra payment to EC Vechicle Hire in Leicester.
No idea why !!
 19th of Oct, 2013 by   Ken Ngai 0 Votes
I rented a car from a supplier named Alamo through car3000.com from the 25 September 2013 to 05 October 2013. I paid HK$2, 877.64 on 26 August 2013 immediatelty with my credit card and I was told that everything was alright, when I brought the car back.
I recently checked my bank account using internet banking and found over Hong Kong Dollars 4, 033.55 had been taken in payment to 'EC Vehicle Rental LEICESTER HQ GB'. There has been no communication nor no explanation for this transaction.So WHY HAS THIS MONEY BEEN TAKEN OUT. Please Email me - yckngai@gmail.com the reasons
 2nd of Nov, 2013 by   Jon Allen 0 Votes
Same thing with us. We rented a car on 19th October and on 20 th October charges of £250 and £777 appeared on our statement from EC Car rental. We rented the car for part of a day from Manchester Airport went only to The Trafford Centre where it was parked for a few hours. I returned the car, putting petrol in it, and the guy said it was fine. I always check before and after renting after getting stung for damage I didn't do in Portugal. There was no damage beyond the small scratches already noted on the rental. How can a company take such large sums of money with no explanation? Is this a localised fraud? Who knows? Rental Cars have told us they will get back to us within a month! Amazing took no more than a few hours to charge £1027 but a month to investigate.

Cash Machine Scam