Ebony Magazine

3.35
Ebony Magazine
Boulder, Colorado
www.ebonyjet.com
December 2007 I received a bill of $12.00 subscription for an order of Ebony Magazine. On January 2008 I then received a Magazine from Ebony. In the bill it doesn't have a telephone number to call or an address to write too. I never ordered that magazine I don't need to order them because I don't read magazine or order any type of magazines. I knew right away it's a scam because there is no number to call or address. The bill didn't look right. I can't even return the magazine because there is no address. So the scammers could sit and wait for my $12.00 but their not getting nothing from me.

I'm going to file a complaint to the Attorney General's Office so they could look into this scam.
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country United States Complaint category Books

Comments

24th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I too received an unsolictied copy and a bill. However, I did the following:

Went to the ebonyjet.com web site and its contacts page. Right there on the page was a phone number for subscriptions. That number, by the way, is 800 999 5954. I called it and spoke to a very pleasant, polite call center agent, Deborah (could be spelled many ways, I didn't ask). She located my "subscription" and told me that it was now cancelled and that I should ignore the bill and that I owe nothing. That is of course perfectly as it should be, I don't think I ordered it, I don't want it and I am not planning to pay for it.

It seems pretty straightforward to get off the list - but I agree with the poster - we should never be in this position. Kind of reminiscent of the book club scams of yesteryear. I do plan to send my copy back to the publishers because I don't want it, and don't want the accusation that I "stole" it to be leveled against me.

Interestingly, I think Yahoo must have been the source for the magazine - because I used my middle name when signing up for Yahoo mail (and that is the only site that I used my middle name/last name combination + home address). So I will be asking Yahoo if they have some kind of relationship. I have done this kind of tracing for years - different combinations of first/last names for things I sign up for, and then see which connections are made. Yes, I probably do have too much time on my hands!

Anyhow, good luck on getting your subscription canceled too.
 24th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
Had a bill come in the mail for a subscription to Ebony magazine and that i owed them $15.00 and they actually sent me the magazine. So I called 1-800-999-5954 and they were very polite and have had a million calls concerning this rip off.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree