Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Ebony Magazine, Boulder, Colorado Complaints & Reviews - Ripped off!

Ebony Magazine Contacts & Informations

Ebony Magazine

Posted:

Ripped off!

Ebony Magazine
Boulder, Colorado
www.ebonyjet.com
December 2007 I received a bill of $12.00 subscription for an order of Ebony Magazine. On January 2008 I then received a Magazine from Ebony. In the bill it doesn't have a telephone number to call or an address to write too. I never ordered that magazine I don't need to order them because I don't read magazine or order any type of magazines. I knew right away it's a scam because there is no number to call or address. The bill didn't look right. I can't even return the magazine because there is no address. So the scammers could sit and wait for my $12.00 but their not getting nothing from me.

I'm going to file a complaint to the Attorney General's Office so they could look into this scam.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Books
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I too received an unsolictied copy and a bill. However, I did the following:

Went to the ebonyjet.com web site and its contacts page. Right there on the page was a phone number for subscriptions. That number, by the way, is 800 999 5954. I called it and spoke to a very pleasant, polite call center agent, Deborah (could be spelled many ways, I didn't ask). She located my "subscription" and told me that it was now cancelled and that I should ignore the bill and that I owe nothing. That is of course perfectly as it should be, I don't think I ordered it, I don't want it and I am not planning to pay for it.

It seems pretty straightforward to get off the list - but I agree with the poster - we should never be in this position. Kind of reminiscent of the book club scams of yesteryear. I do plan to send my copy back to the publishers because I don't want it, and don't want the accusation that I "stole" it to be leveled against me.

Interestingly, I think Yahoo must have been the source for the magazine - because I used my middle name when signing up for Yahoo mail (and that is the only site that I used my middle name/last name combination + home address). So I will be asking Yahoo if they have some kind of relationship. I have done this kind of tracing for years - different combinations of first/last names for things I sign up for, and then see which connections are made. Yes, I probably do have too much time on my hands!

Anyhow, good luck on getting your subscription canceled too.
 24th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
Had a bill come in the mail for a subscription to Ebony magazine and that i owed them $15.00 and they actually sent me the magazine. So I called 1-800-999-5954 and they were very polite and have had a million calls concerning this rip off.

Contact Us