logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (25 mins ago)
Yupptv.com
Next month charges before current month membership expiration
2. (46 mins ago)
Home Depot Stainmaster carpet
"StainEasy" carpet
3. (1 hr 25 mins ago)
SammyDress.com
Didn't receive my order!!!
4. (1 hr 37 mins ago)
GarciniaCambogiaburn.com
Company fooled me and my order hasn’t been provided
5. (1 hr 38 mins ago)

Easy Care

Posted:    MarC92

Scam

Easy Care
Easy Care IS NOT a manufacturer extended warranty on your vehicle. No matter what the car dealership tells you please note that Easy Care service contracts are just that - a third party vehicle service contract. It is designed to mimic, look like, read like and mirror a manufacturer extended vehicle warranty but it is not an extended vehicle warranty from your vehicle manufacturer. The dealership markup on these contracts is extremely high and in some cases over 100%. Shop around at different dealerships even if you have already purchased your car. Do your homework before purchasing one of these contracts. The prices and benefits vary widely.

The most important thing to note about Easy Care vehicle service contracts is that the minute you sign the contract, the clock starts ticking. Again, no matter what the salesperson at the dealership verbally told you, if you purchase an Easy Care service contract the day you purchase a new vehicle, the clock is already ticking even though the salespeople imply and even flat out tell you that the Easy Care service contract will pick up when your manufacturer warranty runs out. And, if and when the salespeople at the dealership try to tell you that you can get your money back if you don't use the EAsy Care contract - BEWARE! There is a generous and hefty fee schedule applied to "unused" service contracts and this is what ought to be illegal as it certainly feels very unethical. The service contract terms and conditions is written in legalese on the backside of each page of your Easy Care service contract. No matter what kind of hurry the dealership salesperson is in, request to take a copy home with you to read it over in entirety before you sign it and agree to pay money for it. Call Easy Care and ask for explanations and ask them to email their explanations to you (in writing) so that you completely understand. They mostly likely will not email you anything in writing but they will sure offer to have a "supervisor" contact you. Don't hold your breathe. The dealership will not like this of course and try to tell you that you cannot finance the cost of the service contract in with your car purchase if you take a copy home to read it - they want you to sign everything very quickly before you walk out the door and realize what you have just signed your name to on paper. Most of the time you won't have any clue about this becaue you will have already been pushed through the buying and signing process at record speed (an inversely disproportionate equation to the amount of time it takes for the dealership to honor service promises). No matter, tell them you will rip up all contracts right then and there unless you are granted time to leisurely and thoroughly read the service contract. The wording is tricky and located in several different places on the contract but do note that when the agreement states that the service contract begins with the date of signature (instead of when the manufacturer's warranty runs out), also note that if you decide to cancel the service contract any time after you sign the contract and before your manufacturer's warranty runs out, you will be assessed a hefty set of fees based on days since you signed the contract and mileage driven on your car. This hefty fee assessment has nothing to do with actually using the benefits in the service contract. You will NOT get back what you paid for this contract in most cases. Even if you sell your car at 10K miles and decide to "cash in" the Easy Care service contract, you will be assessed a hefty fee based on 10K miles and the number of days since you signed the contract - this could be hundreds of dollars. Easy Care staff have a script already laid out for them to tell customers who get caught in this "refund" trap. And, it is a trap. NO MATTER what the salespeople at the dealership tell you, if they won't put their words in writing and sign it, don't believe one word of it. THere are only a few manufacturer's out there that actually have a manufacturer extended warranty. And please note, this is NOT the same as an "extended" service contract such as Easy Care. Car dealers will lead you to believe that it is a manufacturer extended warranty - IT IS NOT A manufacturer's extended warranty. Car Dealers will tell you that Easy Care is one of the better service contract companies but that is not saying much when you compare the company they keep in this overpriced, subjectively benefitted, fear based selling market.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Easy Care complaints
Easy Care - Claims not paid

Comments

17th of Apr, 2010 by   Jake12345 0 Votes
When I purchased the contract from the dealer they were extremely explicit in repeatedly stating the contract begins from time of signature, and not end of manufacturer's warranty. This means you receive no benefit for the extended warranty until the manufacturer's warranty expires - except for the tire and wheel road hazard protection which is not offered by manufacturer warranties - which can be very valuable.

If you wait until the manufacturer's warranty expires to purchase the Easy Care warranty you will spend more. In essence by purchasing early you receive a discount because Easy Care is able to use your money at no cost to them during that period.

Also, the contract is fully refundable if cancelled within the first 30 days.
 6th of Aug, 2011 by   Kurt 0 Votes
One thing to note about extended warranties as a whole is that most often than not, even though a component might be covered under your contract, reserve the right to source that part from a salvage yard-not a new or even an aftermarket supplied part! Most often they will tell the service writer that the 'most we'd be willing to pay is the amount we could get this a/c compressor for from 'X's Salvage Yard'. They might even tell the shop that its a 'remanufactured' part and should be covered under the installing shop's warranty but most reputable shops that are concerned with having to replace that 'remanufactured' part 30 times in a one year time period will not go with this and the customer is left holding the bag for the difference the extended warranty company will pay over what the shop can get the aftermarket part for. I could go on for days since I work at an independent shop and deal with these slime balls quite often. The customer is the one that gets the shaft each time.
 28th of Aug, 2012 by   G.Kukulski +1 Votes
All,
Until this post can be removed... Here is what EASY CARE DID!
After explaining the CONTRACT as a whole and showing me that it STATES CLEARLY that the parts, they do not cover. They offered to help me get my car back on the road. Not only did each person in their chain of command treat me with the utmost respect they did follow everything they had told me they would do.
It’s not many times a company STANDS behind their customer but they went above and beyond. I did state to them I was a military member and I had served my country proudly in Iraq and Afghanistan. While being a veteran does not really matter, they PROUDLY volunteered to do something completely amazing.
As a member of the US Armed Forces they were ready to support their troops. I walked into the dealership and my car was COMPLETELY taken care of. EASY CARE ensured all my parts were replaced so I could get back and forth to work. They DID NOT have to do anything as stated in their contract. They did SURPRISE me by really going ABOVE AND BEYOND to help me out.
As a company that was backed with a written signed contract, they did not have to do anything! I was so amazed and overwhelmed on what they had done it really put me in a state of shock. I was pretty amazed on what they did and would RECOMMEND this company to anyone who was curious about an extended warrantee. I am not sure how they pulled this together or what it took to accomplish this by EASY CARE but this act of kindness should not be over looked.
I want to express that I was angry because I was not aware of what my contract entitled me. I can tell you that EASY CARE did more for me than they will ever know. I also want to recognize how MILITARY FRIENDLY they are!
V/R
SSgt Gregory T. Kukulski
United States Military
 18th of Feb, 2013 by   udel 0 Votes
terrible expierience involving both dealer at point of sale and easy care's refusal to pay for anything.they refused to pay for my repair and the rental car, and they didn't even send roadside assistance. the dealer screwed me on the contract easy care screwed me by not paying for anything that should be covered, pay heed to the article above especially about how dealers will try to slip things by you when i left the ford dealer i thought i had a ford warranty i didn't. total out of pocket so far over $3400 and i got absolutely nothing for my money.the policy has expired and i still owe two years in payments.
 25th of Feb, 2013 by   Roohan 0 Votes
I am reading all these reviews above but my experience with easy care has been wonder full so far I have been at the dealer ship twice so far, I have this contract from the last 3 years, both times I provided information to my dealer ship and they were able to get the payment for repair easily.
I have not seen any issue until now, I would like to request to all the people who are having bad experience please suggest other good names who provide better service then Easy Care so the people who will not get easy care after reading these reviews, can look in to some alternate
 27th of Feb, 2013 by   udel 0 Votes
about the comment i posted on february 18, i took my complaint to my local ford dealer which is tomball ford, tomball tx and much to my suprise i got a new two year top of the line extended warranty. . ken if you ever read this you may consider yourself officially unbadmouthed

Doctors Warn Against Swine Flu Vaccine