logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
tnbillinfo INTERNET and TNW.BILL.COM VALETTa
Unauthorised amounts being billed to my account
2. (1 mins ago)
Carlo Mitchell
I donated money, but they started to take more money from me
3. (6 mins ago)
Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
4. (15 mins ago)
LightInTheBox
Do not use this company!
5. (35 mins ago)
Usell.com
So far not so good

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

E Local Listings, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Internet scam.

E Local Listings Contacts & Informations

E Local Listings

Posted:    Valerie

Internet scam.

E Local Listings
Texas
www.elocallistings.com
We decided to target the internet, wanting to get an A B C slot on google maps for local businesses. We of course did our research. We were on of the first to fall for E LOCAL LISTINGS! We canceled the account with in the first 30 days because lack of interaction. Lack of action, lack of results and lack of faith at this point. Of course to this date. Over 5 months now. The only thing we got back from elocallistings was a phone call from India we are assuming, because we could not understand the rep.

We've yet to be refunded our 149.00 as promised and hold no respect for this online website. We warn other businesses not to use this www.elocallistings.com.

Surprise, we researched this today and found many complaints about this website and or online company.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More E Local Listings complaints
E Local Listings - Don't do their job

Comments

15th of Sep, 2009 by   ProSpex 0 Votes
OK, so how do we shut them down? They placed my listing with incorrect information, and for 3 weeks now I can't get them to change it.
 10th of Nov, 2009 by   Celtic Skunk 0 Votes
I use eLocal Listing and have been a client for 2 1/2 years. These guys have been extremely fair with me and have done pretty much what they said they would do. I am using them only for my marketing needs. I feel there are so many companies like elocal popping up left and right...but there here today and gone tomorrow. eLocal is obviously doing something right or they would have been gone a long time ago. I know I recommend my friends to this service and they are happy with the service.
Shamrock Communications
 10th of Dec, 2009 by   rbarrati 0 Votes
you cant just set it up and expect results. It takes a little while for the call to come. I used them and was vary happy with the results and their customer service. I have canceled with them because i no longer needed the service. i had no problems canceling.
 10th of Dec, 2009 by   rbarrati 0 Votes
I used this service and had a great response. When i canceled because i no longer needed it i had no problems. i would use them again. it does take a little while after setup to start getting a response.
 18th of Jan, 2010 by   jamesplumbing 0 Votes
elocalplumbers is a scam, i spent 450 a month and got 3 bogus emails
 18th of Jan, 2010 by   jamesplumbing 0 Votes
elocalplumbers.com is a scam. I spent over 500 and got 3 bogus emails
 28th of Jan, 2010 by   protect2 0 Votes
I know this may seem like a dumb question but, Should I hire them? all the other internet marketing companies are exremely expensive. Will they bring your company business and are you always on the 1st page of google?
 10th of Feb, 2010 by   Kyle.. 0 Votes
wow people I work for another SEO company and I know ELocal is a crappy company but they do not work for google but with google wich means that if your listing is not up in 10 days assome of these people have wanted then try doin it yourself and see how long it takes to just have your listing verified by google some of you wanna show up in different areas and have no offices there so google will not put you there unless you have and adress so if they make up an adress for you and your dumb ass wants 50 cities they you are just greedy, start paying the right amount of money for this service and they you can complain as much as you want but the guy that went out of business for 100 dollars is completly incompetent in in business i spend more than that for dinner and I am still not out of business maybe do the job corectly and you will get the referals 159 is the basic package in the industry for the ones of you that do not know that if you want more info and want to be on the front page with a guarantee then just look us up at localsplash.com same service as elocal but with a written guarantee that if your not on the first page you dont pay. Plus it takes 30-45days to get to the front page not like some of these guys that waited 10-30 days and wanted to have magical result so please wait for the results and they will call 9492535715
 12th of Apr, 2010 by   asd123 0 Votes
if you are just looking to get the information about your company on the web you can try http://myservicelocator.com . they charge like 200.00 for the entire year and you can edit and change your information as often as you like. with google local you can do this as well and it's free but you can get on the search results for your specific category not just an exact local search with the msl site. I have used them and they really don't make any promisses they can't keep. they also have lots of extras sorta.
 11th of Jun, 2010 by   Katie55 0 Votes
Well, we have been receiving calls from these people for approximately 6-8 months. However due to the economy and slow business it was something we felt we just couldn't cram into our budget. I had this feeling it just wasn't what it was suppose to be. After receiving a call yesterday stating there are no start- up fees now, I took it upon myself to do some investigation work online. After reading everyone's opinion I do not think it would be in our best interest to pursue eLocal listings. Thanks to each of you/
 18th of Aug, 2010 by   angry 101 0 Votes
I was with them for 4 months and got nothing in return NO PHONE CALLS AND NOT AT TOP OF ANY google site or yahoo site when i called to cancel i was faced by a rep who couldnt take no for an answer they wont refund my money .
 30th of Sep, 2010 by   Jay.Reynolds 0 Votes
these seem to me to be old tierd complaints, ive been an elocallisting customer for several months now regardless of what these out of date complaints have to say I must say they did what they sayed they were gonna do ive seen a great return in the first few months and look foward to every call beacause at least for me the opertunity is there more times than not. ive spent a lot of money on internet stuff and elocallisting by far was one of my better investments ..
 12th of Jan, 2011 by   Rich's Plumbing Inc. 0 Votes
I also contracted with E Local Listing they have been charging me $199.00 a Month and I was not getting any action so when I checked the 800 # that they placed for my add it was not going to our company it was going to an answering machine this company has been charging me for months for nothing. When I called there to complain they told me there going to check what happened no call back yet but still they continue charge my credit card $199.00 and didnt fix the problem. I had to cancel my credit card they had on file. This company not only sucks but they are criminals.
 3rd of Sep, 2013 by   dougcook45 0 Votes
Hey I was just approached by a company called internet local listings. Maybe this is the same company? There is nothing written about them online and I am very suspicious of these types of businesses. We tried 2 companies over the last 6 years and was ripped off by both. So after reading this site I am not going with them. Also watch-out for companies using seo services that can actually ruin your business forever. I had one company use this automated system of adding back links from a huge database. They put the same lists on all their client's sites and Google doesn't like this method. Can't remember the term for what this is but it gives your site a bad reputation and it takes forever to come back from this. You have to find a reputable seo person or do it yourself. Sorry no good stories here. Buyer beware. Take care - doug

Fraud Worrying Bankers