logo

OSIM
Useless Product
4. (37 mins ago)
bingo hall.com
did not authorize this site
5. (1 hr 4 mins ago)

Posted:    Lara

Fraud and scam

E-Harmony.com
eharmony.com
I enrolled in e-harmony at the suggestion of a friend, who was happy with the service at the time.

After looking at over 100 'matches', I did not find even one individual whom I would consider meeting at a Starbucks for a cup of coffee! I asked for a refund, and was told that I 'wasn't trying to find my mate'. I replied that I already had a full-time job, and that weeding out these losers took too much time. I was told to consider my 'search' as a second job!

Finally, both my friend and I began to get 'matches' that were absolutely creepy men, obviously looking for victims. Photos of a couple with the woman's eyes scratched out, comments about needing 'control' in relationships, anger towards women, and how these men had been 'betrayed' many, many times, and that they were only living to find their 'true love'. And on and on...

I again asked for a refund, stating the above, and was told that I really needed to 'try harder' to find my 'soul mate'. E-harmony stated that it 'respected the privacy' of the individuals mentioned above, but they 'would investigate', if I would tell them who they were. At that point, I told them they were scam artists, and that for my own safety, I was shutting down my site with them. However, they continue to bill me.

Stay away from e-harmony. You're better off at the local singles bar.
Comments United States Online Dating Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More E-Harmony.com complaints
E-Harmony.com - waste of money

Comments

6th of Feb, 2009 by   outtahere 0 Votes
Agreed! They matched me up with so many liars, predators and creeps! When I was receiving 30 calls a day from someone I'd spoken to once, they did nothing but tell me to file a police report against someone whose surname they wouldn't provide. After I canceled the account I kept getting emails stating that so-and-so wanted to meet me. If that was true, it means that they were representing me, and who knows how many other people, as members when we weren't. Luckily Yahoo had just gotten sued for the same thing and they stopped the nonsense once I threatened legal action. Creeps!
 5th of Apr, 2009 by   Herman Guy 0 Votes
I have been a Member of e-harmony for over a year now with NO luck at all .First there were very few member even near my area and the one's that were, were looking for Daddy;s for their kid's or were to old and ugly for anyone. I have been very dissatisfied with the service and it was good Money down the tubes.

Herman Guy
 15th of Apr, 2009 by   catlover 0 Votes
I was a member for 6 months. I am attractive, educated, financially solvent and well traveled. I n 6 months all they could match me with was a hospital transport worker with our only commonality being that we both worked in hospitals. Sick site with lots of really sad men. STAY AWAY.
 29th of Jul, 2009 by   maria63 0 Votes
like i said it may be your values and expectations, i'm not going to say that yahoo or match.com are any better but it may be wht you're putting down. i do agree cause i had a few dates and yes i didn't find casanova but i was sucessful in dates. it was just that some guys pput down false information. like serious things health wise, if they have fellons. etc.these are bad charateristics but thats with any site. i wasn't careful in screening them but everyone has thier "weeds" in a flower bed.so keep being optomistic.. im rooting for you i know yo could find someone

Tips to Manage Personal Finances and Improve Your Credit Score