logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (3 mins ago)
Dri*trend Micro Orderfind.com Mn
A charge that was not authorized
2. (7 mins ago)
crystal hues ltd
employee harassment
3. (7 mins ago)
Dri*trend Micro Orderfind.com Mn
Double billed on credit card
4. (16 mins ago)
BP Canada Shingles
Poor Shingle Life - Bad Warranty!
5. (28 mins ago)
United Furniture Industries
Defect in cuddler recliner?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

dvdsetshop Complaints & Reviews - pirate dvd set (bones season 4)

dvdsetshop Contacts & Informations

dvdsetshop

Posted:    jester

pirate dvd set (bones season 4)

my wife ordered bones season 4 from these clowns,
bad packageing as follows...
bones logo wrong, there is only 2 gaps in the s of the proper bones dvds
the copies have 3... they got the fox logo totaly wrong... since when is it spelt '20th century fox home entertainmene' ????
i also did a check on the ISBN number and bar code its registered to Final fantasy the spirits within!

then we get to puting the disk in...
menus appear to have been made by a rank amature i take it they could not get hold of the font thats used in the other 3 seasons... i could have done better with my sons 5 year old pc!!!

then you play one... tv logos stay on the screen, an obvious tv copy... that and they have left the 5 second after the ad logos in too.

theres a whole range of these sites all with the same phone number
(213) 674-8521(USA),

dvdboxset.com
golforderonline.com
dvdcollects.com
dvdorderonline.com

they all have the same contact phone numbers and the same broken english over their sites example ...

We are ready to service for you and we will keep on the communication until you are satisfied. Please contact us at once.

ready to service you ..eh?? no thanks!
keep on the communication??? wtf????

the phone number is for a place in california and the sites are registered in beijing.

do not waste your money on these clowns (im keeping it polite here! my bloods boiling). who knows what the money you send to them will be used for as these guys are clearly criminals
Comments United Kingdom DVD Order & Rental
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Feb, 2009 by   apple 0 Votes
Real?

i also orderd a dvd box set from dvdcollects.com. yes their price is too cheap to be true. But luckily, the quality of dvd box set i got was fine.

i will see the other website. Thank you for your information and feel sorry to hear about that.

regards
apple
 23rd of Feb, 2009 by   Jack 0 Votes
I was going to make a complaint and saw this, I bought ‘Disney 100 years of magic’ for my nephew about 2 months ago on dreamydeals.com(I will never buy anything from them again!), and a quarter of them didn’t work on DVD player, the cover on the discs are really bad, it took me a long time to change the bad discs and it didn’t work out, I was so pissed off! However, I saw Star trek voyager dvd’s photo on flickr and they looked really nice, and went to check this dvdsetshop.com web site and they looks fine, so I decided to take the chance, I know I’ve been cheated by that dreamydeals bast**d but somehow I convinced myself to try it again, and when I received the merchandise it didn’t let me down this time, just as what I saw in the photo. I didn’t buy Bones from them but I think I’ll buy other star trek series from them soon……
 23rd of Feb, 2009 by   Jack 0 Votes
hi Jester I’m not arguing with you, I’m just saying what I’ve been through.
 4th of Mar, 2009 by   Karen 0 Votes
I have also recieved dvds from dvdsetshop.com. I ordered Seasons 1-5 of Cold Case from them. The price was really cheap. Less than half of what you pay in the store. I should have realized that if it's too good to be true, it usually is. When i got the package and opened it, the box set was not the original. Also, it had english and chinese language on it, and the language wasn't good english. When I played the dvds, they were tv copies. It has the cbs logo on the bottom of the screen and between each episode, it has commericals! A few dvds has scratches but they do play. I will never order from them again as they clearly are pirating dvds. Just wanted to give a warning.

Karen
 5th of Mar, 2009 by   Mike 0 Votes
I ordered a box set from DVDSETSHOP.com. After ordering on line, my credit card was used to buy airline tickets. $5000 worth!. I never got the box set I ordered, all I got was an email telling me they were being shipped. That was 4 weeks ago...
 6th of Mar, 2009 by   toots 0 Votes
Boy am I glad I checked this site out, was going to order dvds through this place but after reading these comments, there is no way. Will gladly pay more and be happy with the product. I did email them and they gave me a quick response, however, I was leery with the foreign language in the email I got from them, I then replied asking them where they are located and never heard back. When some place doesn't want you to know where they are flags are flying. I only found out about this site when I googled their phone number. Karen: I am so sorry about your credit card..hope you can do someting about that.
Thanks for posting your comments.
 9th of Mar, 2009 by   Elizabeth 0 Votes
You should report them to https://secure.nclforms.org/nficweb/nfic.htm, and also http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx.
 10th of Mar, 2009 by   catbum 0 Votes
I also have had the misfortune of being swindled by this company. I ordered seasons 1-3 Box Set of ghost Whisperer earlier this month. At first I was sceptical of the cost, however, when I saw that shipping was £13, I figured that that was how they made their money from selling such cheap DVDs...

...So anyway, box set arrived at the weekend, and was a tad dubious from the start, especially seeing that the box said "Ghost Whisperere" (not very reassuring!). The box set cost £46.99 inc shipping, yet £49 has been debited from my account (via Beijing of course), and Im left with 30 copied discs with crap covers - no boxes per season, just little wallets. Actual quality of the programmes is good...but then I would expect no less considering they have COPIED the episodes from CBS (made apparent by the fact the logo is on each episode, and we are even informed of whats "...coming up next on CBS!"

I had tried to go to Orders Feedback, but its an empty page, and the only other option is to leave a message next to your order. Needless to say, I have reiterated all of this to them, and hopefully will have some kind of response soon! I am very tempted to return the box set, but having seen how much postage costs, and the fact people are lucky to even receive the DVDs, I dont think Im going to bother!
 11th of Mar, 2009 by   Natalie 0 Votes
I just came across and checked the website you discussed, the price there is amazingly cheap, those DVDs seems the same as on eBay which I bought, I still remember the seller from eBay claimed it’s something like ‘Asia version’, the stuff I bought from eBay is the same thing that one of my friends bought from far east, good quality but at a very low price, I don’t agree with pirated stuff but somehow I think it’s fair to sell them at this price when my friend told me their salary is like $300, plus I just lost my job and I don’t want to spend too much just on buying DVDs, I think I probably will buy one first see how it goes.
 13th of Mar, 2009 by   Nathan Dick 0 Votes
I was introduced by my friend to this web site and bought NCIS seasons 1-5, 80 bucks for 5 seasons. I thought I was being cheated cos after almost 1 week I still didn’t receive the parcel, but I got it a couple of days later eventually, the outer case looks ok, but there is NO box for each season. Anyways, the picture quality are pretty good, even though the package is not ideal I still think it’s worth the money, I never believe ‘too good to be true’ things exist so I kind of had the idea what to expect. Maybe the more you expect, the more disappointed you will feel, saying the truth that the actual quality of the picture is pretty good and that’s all I need. I’d rather buy this with bearable package than pay 3 times more money in store, especially my salary been cut down 20%...
 17th of Mar, 2009 by   Karen 0 Votes
Hello, just wanted to update you all on what happened to me. First of all, Toots, it wasnt me who's credit card was used by the company, it was someone named Mike who posted a comment just after mine. OK, this is what I did. I emailed them and said I wasn't satisfied with the dvds as they were apparently tv copied. I told them about the cbs logo on the bottom of the screen and the commercials between some of the episodes. Also, I copied what I emailed them and opened up a case with paypal and copied that to paypal. The next day, I checked and they had put all my money back into paypal. I never heard from them, they didn't email me back to say they wanted the dvds sent back, so I still have the dvds and all my money. I guess they didnt want paypal to contact them about pirating. Just wanted to let everyone here know, so maybe you can get your money back also. Karen
 20th of Mar, 2009 by   MissMomma 0 Votes
hoho. Is that true?
I will have a try and update here.
 27th of Mar, 2009 by   cniesluchowski@yahoo.com 0 Votes
I bought Star Trek Voyager from this website. Ok, I will start by saying I was VERY skeptical about this product. I have seen them sell all over the net and I know that they are from China and I just kept thinking that these have to be bootlegs. I can tell you right now that they are not. I received mine just 4 days after placing my order (I live in Chicago, IL if you are curious). The packaging is exactly what you see on the picture. The discs do come in a soft cd case inside the box, but they were all in great condition (I have checked the first 3 seasons so far). All discs have professioanl menu screens and chapter selects. You can also set sound to Dolby Digital or 5.1 Surround.If you are looking for Voyager without the $350 price tag I highly recommend this. I am so pleased with them that I will be purchasing Enterprise and TNG as soon as the tax refund comes in the mail. I hope this helps you if you were like me in thinking this is too good to be true. Just remember, it is a Chinese product but a good one.
 2nd of Apr, 2009 by   Miss Momma 0 Votes
Just to let you guys know it didn’t work out. I bought cold case as you mentioned but the box seems pretty nice and looks exactly the same as what in the picture. It does came in with soft case inside, the picture quality is good to me, it does have CBS logo on the corner though. So, this is the exciting part, I emailed them as what Karen have done, and they did reply to me to offer me either get some refund or post back at my cost but they will refund my money. I did open a case with PayPal but they claimed to have receipt from DHL to prove that I received the parcel, I told them I would talked to PayPal about pirating but they insist it’s legal ‘Asian Version’ and wouldn’t refund me if it’s because that reason. Anyways, I figured it’s not bad deal for 5 seasons for 80 bucks…. And there’s no cold case DVD released in states yet.
 15th of May, 2009 by   Arathorn 0 Votes
I paid for 2 box sets and they were supposedly shipped to United States(I live in Canada) and after two months of waiting and being told that they would be returned to them and reshipped out to me and asked for 10.00 more to get them redirected to me from the states(which I refused), am now told sorry for the inconvenience, but the post office says that the dvds cannot be returned and that I am out the money too bad.
 25th of May, 2009 by   Zenaida 0 Votes
I ordered the Season Four of Bone before I realized that it was probably fake and asked for my order to be canceled. However, I am extremely pissed off that a website could fraud so many people, and so I wanted to encourage anyone who's had a bad experience with this website to go to
and file for fraud, it wont take long and I want to shut these people down so that they can't jip off anymore unsuspecting customers. I cant myself because I stopped the order before it came, but please help get this corrupt company out of business.
Thanks!
 25th of May, 2009 by   redsock 0 Votes
I ordered a complete Xena box for my wife and it arrived a few days ago -- all smashed up. They did not ship it in a box, just wrapped some plastic around it. I am now fighting with them via email to get a full refund. They say they will give a refund within three days -- and I asked for one within that time period. Does anyone have any advice?
 25th of May, 2009 by   redsock 0 Votes
Also, just to add to the Xena story -- at first they offered to refund me $8 for the damage! Then they upped it to $15. The damn box cost $108!!!
 2nd of Jun, 2009 by   hobbs9 0 Votes
I bought sopranos and NCIS from this website before and last time I bought xena too, all those things you mentioned happened to me. First time it was great, everything was perfect, but when xena arrived it was same as you redsock, anyways, I asked for full refund and they agree with it but on the condition that they receive the DVDs I sent back, and 2 days ago I did receive their full refund, it was about a week time after I sent it back, so I suggest you to do the same thing and good luck!
 2nd of Jun, 2009 by   redsock 0 Votes
Thanks. After going back and forth via email, I finally decided to package the whole thing up and sent it back. Now they say when they get it, I will receive a full refund. We shall see.
It seems like I had to make a move and be pro-active. If they packaged their stuff better, they would cut down on complaints -- though seeing the discs in little cloth sleeves would still have pissed me off.

Congratulations Youve Been Scammed