logo

chris bowser

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Dvd Donkey / ToFvdOrNoTtoDvd Complaints & Reviews - Fake DVDs!

Dvd Donkey / ToFvdOrNoTtoDvd Contacts & Informations

Dvd Donkey / ToFvdOrNoTtoDvd

Posted:    Caroline

Fake DVDs!

Do not buy from DVD Donkey who also go under the website www.todvdotnottodvd.com. I ordered a boxed set of DVDS from them - there were supposed to be 96 episodes. I received about 60 episodes badly recorded off the TV - complete with adverts!!! I have contacted them about the missing episodes - but surprise - have had no reply. Do not use this company!
Comments United Kingdom Entertainment
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Nov, 2007 by   LJ Mortimer 0 Votes
Great advice!! I was just about to purchase $190USD worth of DVD's from their online store (www.todvdornottodvd.com) which also goes under DVD Donkey and when I got to their payment page I noticed that the web-header was only http:// and not https:// - which we would all expect to see if truly protected by 128 bit SSL. I thought this was odd and so whilst waiting to chat to one of their online operators did a quick Google and came across a myriad of comments such as these. Another scam avoided just in time...
 19th of Nov, 2007 by   Geraldine Jordan 0 Votes
So glad I read your comments ! I was just about to order the entire Jackie Chan Season's on DVD (which is on my son's Santa list). I would have been gutted if I'd given them my money - so thank you very much!
 21st of Nov, 2007 by   Luke Shield 0 Votes
Thanks heaps, that was close. I was about to order 'The Wonder Years' dvd set and got to credit card info and yes it was just http:// - I found these comments on google, then clicked the live chat button and talked to a representative under the name 'Jen'. When confronted about these comments, her answer was that "these people think they're being scammed because they cannot wait long enough to receive their orders"...

Fantastic response. Everyone knows when a site just doesn't smell right - and this is as stinky as they get! Avoid!
 23rd of Nov, 2007 by   Gerry 0 Votes
I ordered Dean Martin set of15 DVD's. The same day my bank Florida Telco the department of fraud prevension called me to ask if I would like to let this transaktion go trought, I realized that the print I had for confirmation had no amount and the price they was trying to charge me was more then the one I agreed to pay. I am so pleased with my bank I had all my money back.
But BE AWARE that when you did the transaction w dvddonkey it was not HTTPS ( it was only http - NOT SECURE ), so your information is out there in Internet not protected.
I had to cancel my debit card and reorder it with new number.
 24th of Nov, 2007 by   Sonja 0 Votes
I did a google search for one of my favorite series, Emergency!, and I came across the dvddonkey site. They were advertising the entire series, seasons 1-7, for around $100US. It didn't seem right, especially since only the first 3 seasons have been authorized for release with the 4th scheduled in 1/08. Of course the "contact us" page was blocked out by an empty scroll box and the form wasn't even complete. Not to mention the grammatical errors.

A whois search reveals:

Administrative Contact:
Michmen, Jim tvaddicts@gmail.com
12021 SW 174th Street
Miami, FL 33177-2246 US
+1.3056779538

Definitely check out things that look too good to be true!!!
 25th of Nov, 2007 by   Jim C. 0 Votes
Thank you for all the comments on this company -- you've saved me from making a terrible mistake. I am an avid fan of "The F.B.I." and have been searching all over for it on DVD. DVD Donkey is the only provider of these dvd's, "marked down" to $250 for the entire 9 seasons. I became suspicious when I saw that they were the only ones to offer it, and also when I saw that the dvd's had NO special features. For a series to last 9 seasons and be endorsed by J. Edgar Hoover left me wondering why there would be no special features. Again, thank you all. I am sorry many of you were not so fortunate. I guess I'll have to wait until the series is offered by a legit company, if that ever happens!
 26th of Nov, 2007 by   RICHARD WESTLAKE 0 Votes
I have to say, I have just received my order of the complete Harry O series. It did take a while to get here but having checked the discs all seems in order.

I expected episodes that had been recorded from the T V and thats what I got. Perhaps I got lucky this time but credit where its due.
 29th of Nov, 2007 by   Hilary Moore 0 Votes
After reading some of the comments about Donkey dvd I tried to contact them about my order which I thought was not coming.
I did not get an immediate response and panicked, believing the bad comments on this site and sent them a rather heated e-mail. I even put a complaint on this site. I RETRACT THAT COMPLAINT.
I did get a very polite reply reply and apology for the lateness within an hour and was given a tracking number for my order for the Canadian Post. It took four days for the number to get into the system and then on the sixth day the dvds arrived.
They played ok and were good quality.

I believe the negative comments on this page maybe bogus and put there by a competing company trying to put potential Donkey dvd customers off.
 3rd of Dec, 2007 by   jodi 0 Votes
well I ordered a set of dvds 15 of them over three weeks ago, my charge card hs been charged...and I have no ordere , or confirmtion.... my order was supposed to come priority and I also have a telephone nu,ber for them that is not valid any more... and their online customer service just plain sucks, I have been online to speak to a rep for over three hours now,and all it says is thart they are overwhemlmed.... buyer beware
 9th of Dec, 2007 by   cecelia cole 0 Votes
I discovered how doggy they were after the order was placed, it didn't turn up on time so i contacted the credit card company then the product turned up, out of 16 discs 3 work!

i was given an email address to contact them which of course does not work. the address is dvdavenue so is this another name they go under? BEWARE!
 10th of Dec, 2007 by   Linda Welch 0 Votes
Do hold your breath for a response - either by email or by phone. This company has no intention of honoring anything.
 11th of Dec, 2007 by   lisa 0 Votes
I wish i has read this earlier!!! same thing happened to me. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. What a rip off not only to the people who purchase the CDs but to the legitimate distributors of such products. These people need to cop a big-arsed fine.
 14th of Dec, 2007 by   Beth Kool 0 Votes
THIS IS A SCAM, do not believe any comments saying otherwise.

One email from "Hilary" is probably them trying to get some more money from other naive people.

Do not ever use this known scam, if you have been a victim:

call your bank immediately, freeze your card immediately, request investigation.

Call your local police station and file a report (a lot of victims have done so already), you can contact federal Trade Commission and even FBI on their website.

In the future don't ever use not known websites and only use credit cards, NO bank/debit cards!!!

Many people that are victims are in touch and do a lot to get their in real trouble.
 14th of Dec, 2007 by   Matthew 0 Votes
To late more me, i spent 300$ US for 2 box sets becouse my dad wanted them, i saw all the signs and did it any way, silly me. he has gont one and the quaily is the same as what i downloaded off utorrent, same adds and everything
 17th of Dec, 2007 by   So Angry 0 Votes
This is possibly the biggest scamming DVD website in the world. I would rather trust a heroin addict to deliver then these blokes. Have ordered dvd 4 weeks ago and still havent recieved them, i have emailed tried to call tried there online supprt and got no where. I wish there was a company i could complain to they are the biggest scamming artists ever. If i had a gun i honestly would walk into their store and shoot them in the back of the head. Unfortunately they dont sell guns in australia for good reason.
 18th of Dec, 2007 by   Chris Ryan 0 Votes
I don't know if these guys are scammers. I paid a week and a half ago. Haven't got anything yet but sent an email and got a quick reply with a reference number for Canada post that doesn't work. We'll see.
 18th of Dec, 2007 by   vikki power 0 Votes
I think it is disgusting that they are getting away with ripping people off it happened to me with the becker series all disc's are pirated. They were a xmas gift that was meant to bring laughter but instead bought me embarrasment i would never do buisness with them again and i advise other people to do the same.
 19th of Dec, 2007 by   Katie C 0 Votes
DVD Donkey and all the other names that it is trading under are completely dodgy!! The whole not receiving a confirmation number once you have purchased is the first sign, having read all these comments I was sure I would never get my DVDs, but I did!! But when I watched them I soon realised that they are simply recordings from the TV with History Channel and other logos down the bottom. I am hoping that my comment can stop people from making the same mistake! They also overcharged me when I checked my credit card bill. The DVD episodes are also all out of order, so they can't even compile fake DVDs successfully and convincingly! Since buying from them I have also received a number of SPAM emails which is a little coincidental. I cannot understand how this company is still operating!!!

NEVER BUY FROM DVDDONKEY, they make an ass out of you!
 19th of Dec, 2007 by   Joe 0 Votes
We should spread this information to everyone you know before more people fall into this trap.
 20th of Dec, 2007 by   anonuk 0 Votes
I ordered Malcolm in the middle for my boyfriend thinking that it would be an awesome christmas present but I found this site way too late! If only i had found it earlier. I have had no reply by email and when i found out that the site was dodgy had my credit cards cancelled but it was still able to go through and i was charged. I wouldn't even care if i got pirated copies, i just don't think my item will come to Australia at all. As for "Haylie" I think you are an absolute ninny if you think we are all competitors of Dvd donkey trying to put customers off! This isn't small town competitors, its global. one success story out of approximately twenty ain't good sweetie.

Daycare Scam