logo

www.FragranceX.com
bad service
2. (0 mins ago)
www.FragranceX.com
Failure to deliver, charged shipping fees!
3. (1 mins ago)

Posted:    TazPack

Incomplete information

Dun and Bradstreet
California
DnB has the worst system. They only collect information from people who feel like reporting and information is not verified. Anybody can call dun and bradstreet and provide any info they like. As a business owner, they will call and update their records and I can tell them our sales are 50 million a year, with 10 locations and over 1000 employees. This information is added to my profile and never confirmed. I am absolutely astounded that an agency that business' are suppose to rely on for accurate information is nothing more than a scam to get your money.

I recently requested a report on a company from out of state that wanted terms. Their paydex rating was 80 and the company had been in business 19 years. DnB rated them as very secure and recommended a $250, 000.00 credit limit. After looking into the supplied report from DnB, they only had a 3 month history on the company. 3 days later I receive an alert of SEVERE FINANCIAL STRESS. Had I given credit to this company based on DnB's recomendation, I probably would have been saying Bye-Bye to $10, 000.00.

My own business report shows none of the good info from my solid vendors. Only negatives from Vendors we we quite doing business with due to issues with the particular vendors pricing and service.

How is a business owner suppose to feel comfortable having their information listed on a website that does not verify and collect information from all sources?

I requested that my business be deleted from their website and they said it is public record and therefore can not be removed. I asked them to show me the written law that say's I have to be listed and where they have the right to provide my information to ANYONE with out my written permission and they could not do that.

Now, we are in the process with attorneys to have our company delted from the website.

It is to bad a trusted source for the professional has turned into a scam for charging people for reports that are completely inaccurate.
Comments United States Credit Report Websites
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of May, 2010 by   Patricia99 +1 Votes
DNB refuses to provide any positive credit information that I provided about the Company that employs me because we cancelled our contract with them. My Company has been in business 22 years and has an 8 figure line of credit with our bank of whick low six figures are in use. Yet DNB has them listed as severe financial risk. They are extortionists. We canceled our contract for the same reason you state above. We also relied on a very positive report and are now out $40, 000.00. Their information is worthless. I wish everyone would realized this. Unfortunately they seem to have a monoply on business financial information. You are a fool if you rely on DNB, only. Do your own research or you will be sorry.
 4th of Nov, 2010 by   S. K R 0 Votes
Dnb has had the wrong name and corporation information on us for 3 years. I call once a month to change it and we still haven't had it done. This is one of the worse corporations I have ever dealt with. I truly think they need to be discredit and taken off the market.
 3rd of Mar, 2011 by   NancyTXZ 0 Votes
DNB listed my personal name and information on their website and sold it to vendors. I have received calls at all ours of the night from machines and unprofessional sales people. I never gave them my information and they still have not removed it. I am not even a business I just own a small percentage of shares in a very small business. This is not a professional organization.
 25th of May, 2011 by   Fusion fitness +1 Votes
Dunn and Bradstreet is a joke. Once they collect your money they are very unclear about what I should do, they give bad phone numbers, depending on who you talk to you get different answers, and my "rep" NEVER returned phone calls, e mails or faxes! BTW his name is David Koehler and you can call him at 610-822-6316 but guess what? I bet he won't call you back unless you say you want to buy something. I agree that it is too bad a well known company that (I guess) used to be trusted has turned into such a poorly run laughing stock.

Robert
 1st of Jun, 2011 by   Disgusted in Dallas 0 Votes
I was denied credit because Dunn & Bradstreet claims an 11 year old company has only been in business 1 year. When I called them I was told the only way to get the information corrected was to pay them money. So they lied about me and want me to pay them to fix it? It sounds like extortion to me, and I am not sure that paying them money is the right way to go.
 22nd of Oct, 2011 by   Kraw -1 Votes
There is a lot of mis-information being spread here due to the lack of understanding how D&B's system works. The vast majority of people who make complaints like the ones above haven't taken the time to actually READ the instructions and explainations of the products and services they use! If you want to know how it works, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!!! Reading is fundamental! Also, if you call in to get help, ask your question, then LISTEN TO THE ANSWER!!! D&B does not operate the same way as other credit reporting agencies because it is much older than the vast majority of them, and the services were developed differently. The focus with D&B is more on whether you pay your bills on time, and less on dollar amounts, and huge lines of credit extended. If you don't pay your bills within terms on a regular basis, you can expect your report not to look so good, regardless of how much money you pull in each year! A lot of the problems people have with D&B seem to center around the fact that folks are expecting D&B to be just like the other companys out there, and also the fact that a lot of people simply refuse to use their own brain when it comes to these type of services. They expect D&B to do all their thinking for them.
 10th of Nov, 2011 by   Alyosha +1 Votes
I wonder if you appreciate the actual problem, Kraw. I just received a letter from D&B stating that my business was being reported as a high risk of failure in the next 12 months, and that I should call them for more information. I did so, and it turned out they were not interested in correcting their incorrect information on my company, but only getting money out of me. If they are reporting incorrect and calumnious information about my company my "lack of understanding" about their system is not the problem, their incorrect and damaging information to my business is the problem. I do expect D&B to be like other companies: they should have some quality control over the product they sell, in this case, the accuracy of statements about the financial health of the companies they evaluate.
 14th of Nov, 2011 by   inland jetstream +1 Votes
Dunn and Bradstreet is guilty of defamation and libel. They label companies as high credit risks without adequate information about the company that they are reporting on. They are prime for a class action suit.

Are Energy Drinks Worth the Money?

Latest Groups