logo

canadacigarettes.org
Compromised my Visa Card
2. (45 mins ago)
perfectkicks.net
Don’t buy from them- -total scam
3. (50 mins ago)
perfectkicks.net
Seller is scammer and thief - no idea where my order is
4. (1 hr 24 mins ago)

DSG Associates, Inc.

Posted:    Fred

Mail fraud scam

DSG Associates, Inc.
Just wanted to tell people out there about some things I've noticed. I lost my job a couple months ago and started looking for employment right away. I noticed that by being a member of Careerbuilder, I was getting scams sent to me via email. I received at least 3 or 4 of these and I thought I would share one of them with you.

I received a phone call from someone who I thought was a tele marketeer. Usually I just hang up but before I could this person told me I was accepted as a secret shopper and she would be sending me the info packet. I had company over at the time and just hung up.

Around 2 weeks later I get a envelope in the mail with no return address (suspicious already). The stamps have been post mark from Canada. Inside the letter tells me its from Dsg Associates, inc. Included with this letter is a cashiers check for $2885.00. The letter tells me to evaluate MoneyGram by sending a certain individual $2720.00. The rest of the money is for the service and my training expense.

I'd like to stop right here and just say - I know there are people out there who might be elderly or just plain need money bad enough to fall for this. I knew it was a scam and when I tried to call the number you couldn't make out the person on the other end. I did some research on the internet and there really is a Dsg Associates, Inc. The letter I received had the same address as the internet site but the phone and fax were different. I called the actual company and talked to the President. He was shocked to here that his company which is listed by the BBB was being impersonated.

What happens is that when you send or transmit funds to where they tell you, they immediately put a stop pay on the cashiers check and they have just scammed you out of almost $3000.00.

Like everyone else here I have gotten involved with smaller type so called job opportunities and I'm glad I learned important lessons along the way. I reported this scam to the FDIC and postal authorities but I'm not sure what can be done as this originated from Canada. I just felt I needed to write this as this scam could probably take other forms with the same concept. I really feel bad that there are honest people out there who are going to fall prey to this type of scheme. If nothing else please let people know, especially the elderly and younger folks out there.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More DSG Associates, Inc. complaints
DSG Associates, Inc. - REFUSAL TO PAY FOR WORK PERFORMED

Comments

21st of Jul, 2009 by   RayChick 0 Votes
Wow I can't believe that happened to you. Thank you for sharing your story. I recently recieved an email:
...
Flash Concepts Co, .
230 W 26th St,
New York, NY 10001
Tel: 917-285-9182
Flashconcepts1@yahoo.com

Attn: Esteemed Applicant,

How are you? I thank you for your swift e-mail response, Your
information has been accepted and imputed into our database and it is
now Pending approval from the Recruiting department. Upon
approval, your job as a mystery shopper would begin next week and this
would result to us providing you with more information.

PAYMENT TERMS:

Your payment would be sent weekly ($400) weekly, Also the company is
in charge of providing you with all expense money for the shopping and
other expenses incurred during the course of your assignment.All the
tools you will needing would be provided to you with details every
week you have an assignment.

JOB DESCRIPTION :

1} When an assignment is given to you, You would be provided with
details to execute the assignment and in a timely fashion.

2} You would be asked to visit a company or store in your area and
they are mostly our competitors as a secret shopper and shop with them
to know more about their sales and stock, cost sales and more details
as provided by the company then report back to us with details of
whatever transpired at the store. But anything you buy at the shop
belongs to you, all we want is an effective/quick job and reports.

ASSIGNMENT PACKET :

Before any assignment we would provide you with the resources needed
{cash}Mostly our company would send you a check which you can cash and
use for the assignment. Included to the check would be your assignment
packet .Then we would be providing you details on here. But you follow
every single information given to you as a secret shopper .

You can earn more which involves nothing more than shopping at a
number of selected retailers and assessing their customer service and
reporting back, So i want you to get back to me with confirmation of
your interest and commitment in working with us, Mostly we need your
phone number for contact purposes.

KINDLY RECONFIRM YOUR INFORMATION BELOW IS CORRECT FOR ASSESSMENT

Country :
Age:
Nationality :
Home and Cell # :

I will await your prompt response.
Best Wishes and Regards .

Felix Skye
Flash Concepts Co.
230 W 26th St,
New York, NY 10001
...

I have been looking for a job sometime on Monster, craig's list and career builder. I've been sending in my resume to different companies daily so when I received this I didn't remember if I had sent in my resume to this company or not, but I was excited.

I almost sent in my information, but I got a gut feeling. So I looked up the company and found nothing! I actually found a site about it http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-917-285-9182
There I found so many compliants and comments about how this company is a scam!!

I'm so glad I went with my gut.

Avoid Counterfeit Cash Scams