logo

ACK Group
Fake Job Consultancy
3. (1 hr 14 mins ago)
Devine Devons
Devon rex terminally ill kitty
4. (1 hr 26 mins ago)

W. Highway 50
Orlando, Florida
Phone: 180-0 TO Drive
www.drivetime.com
My boyfriend has had a long history with Drive Time, and let's just say that none of it has been happy. We are planning to file a class action lawsuit against Drive Time, Ugly Duckling and Kars Yes. We have already contacted a lawyer and have excellent grounds for this. We need as many people as possible to take part, and hopefully rectify all the wrongs done by them. If you are a dissatisfied customer and wish to join in the lawsuit, please contact me through the rebuttal key with your story and phone number and mailing address, so that I may get in contact with you.

They need to pay for what they have been able to get away with!
Comments United States Car Dealers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Jul, 2008 by   Hakeem Blackman -1 Votes
DriveTime Corporate Office is very unprofessional. They are not interested in dealing with issues, they only want to take advantage of situations.
 23rd of Sep, 2008 by   Teresa +1 Votes
I purchase a car from Drive time in Atlanta on Memorial Drive. The catch with Drive time is: you get the keys to your car before any paper work is completed. I kept asking for monthly rates, how much would it cost. They never stated until the paper work came which the rep. breeze through the paper work. They never tell you that the reference sheet you fill out is also a collection call list. They have been calling the references looking for payment. How disrespectul! Not to mention the switched the owner of the car. Some how I'm the co-signer of my car. If I want them to change the owner to me it would cost more money. The pay schedule set up for me was incorrect. I've tried to correct this so many times with managers, ghetto account reps. They harrass for payment even though the Truth & Lending laws give you 10-days before a late fee hits. I have never ever been late with a payment. Let it go 1-day and they are calling your home, jobs, and references everyday! Is Drive time on crack? Because they act like crack heads when it comes to money. The office on Memorial Drive in Atlanta is ghetto as all hell. Tamia, Darnell, Dionne, Eric all need to take a professionalism course. When Tamia called my job she sounded like she was from the street. Is this what customers have to deal with when it comes to drive time. One last thing the PT Cruiser I paid for the book value was for 7k. Drive time is charging me 21k. You do the math!

Please include me in your law suit. I believe they are overcharging customers. I consider this price gauging something needs to be done about the Drive time-
 17th of Oct, 2008 by   steven odell +1 Votes
i agree completely, the have been calling my refrences, house, old jobs, and even numbers i have had put on the do not call list. they are way out of line, i have only been late this one time because i have been out of a job and in the hospital. sign me up
 17th of Oct, 2008 by   steven odell 0 Votes
there is quite a bit more to my story so please email me
 7th of Nov, 2008 by   Kim +1 Votes
I have only been late once and they said there was an payment agreement on my account which i never asked for. Not to mention i was only late because i used their online payment system and it never pulled the funds!!! they need to be sued!!!
 17th of Nov, 2008 by   larry o +1 Votes
yeah i bought a van 30 days ago it broke already and even though the sales man said that if anything went wrong in the first 30 days that drive time would fix it, big suprise it was a lie, big suprise the van is broke and i am sol i am less than impressed with drive time
 11th of Dec, 2008 by   Madashell +1 Votes
Hello there,
I would be more than happy to participate in any sort of lawsuit agianst this company. I bought a vehicle on Nov 1st, 2008 and had no sign of problems with this vehicle at all. Until dec 9th ( 39 days later) I pulled into a store parking lot & went into the store only to have an employee come out to tell me that my vehicle was smoking. When we lifted the hood there were flames coming from under neath and it smelled like burnt plastic. If it weren't for the store employees quick thinking by grabbing a fire extinguisher, the car would have been completely engulfed in flames within a few minutes. I contacted Drivetime to let them know of what had occurred and they informed me that I would have to pay 160.00 to have it towed to their closest repair facility in Van Nuys ( 15 miles from where I was located) and that they would only reimburse me up to 50.00 dollars.
Today I found out that the fire was started by a faulty alternator and they're are denying my claim for repairs. They say it's not covered under the warranty...mind you I just bought this car 39 days ago...and it caught on FIRE!!! Had I been on the freeway it would have been much worse of a situation. Please include me in your law suit. I have 2 other friends who have also had similar experiences with DT and would probably also like to participate. My email address is kcoop365@yahoo.com.
 30th of Dec, 2008 by   Lisa Van Fossen +1 Votes
I got a car from Drivetime, INc. and i have had nothing but problems with it since i got it and they are still forth coming. I called the corporate center in AZ and the manager there told me that i bought a used car and it's my problem now. They do not stand there cars and don't care about there customers. The first 3 weeks i had the car i had to have the ignition switch replaced, then the rear tire blew out and discinigrated on the inside of the tire then the belts and the middle pulley had to be replaced, then the driverside front and rear rotars are worped and the steering shakes to beat the band when you go to stop and had a few other parts replaced in the engine. Everything that goes wrong with the cars you get from them seems you always here it's not covered under the warranty. I wonder what is. Please let me know what i need to do to be included in the lawsuit against them. I don't believe it is fair to anyone that has been raked over the coals by this company. Please contact me at LVanfo080860@yahoo.com
 20th of Jan, 2009 by   Teresa +1 Votes
I totally agree with you. Please contact me for further information regarding the law suit. I have been a VIP customer with Drive Time for 2 1/2 years. I have great history as far as always making my payments on time. I was told when I got close to their 3500.00 trade in program that I was to start thinking about what I wanted in a new car . I had problem with my car I purchased but I paid out of pocket to fix it all anyway because I wanted it to still run. I needed to get out of that car and I felt that they way lenders were going I didn't have a chance with a bigger dealership. I went to the DT dealership in Mesa AZ 4 weeks every weekend to go see new cars that way I would know what I wanted when I was going to trade in my car. I was then told after picking my car and coming in on the day of their choice, that I could not get approved because my car had less trade in value due to the economy. I told them that I had felt that they had wasted my time for the past 4 weekends and that I was going to attempt going somewhere else. I then contacted them on 1-20-2009 to ask for my full account balance to give a new dealer an accurate history and some how I wasn't in their systems any more!!! I called the 877 # and gave them my name, ss#, and account number and they couldn't find me either. I then called all over AZ and no one could find me. Then about 2 hours later I was contacted and they had found me in a hidden file (last resort) and it was just my name and the car I was buying. But no payment history. I told them I would be more than happy to collect all my bank statements and bring it in to them. They told me that there was no reason to do that (Just got caught) but I should be back in the computer with in a couple of days. I don't understand why my file was pulled and put into a hidden file. I think it has something to do with then the new dealers could not find me due to asking for payment history and they wouldn't find me. I would hate to think that some one pulled it and altered it and is just going put it back. I have heard so many bad stuff about drive time that I would not be surprised if they attempted to do that. But like I said, I have bank statements and I am willing to use those for my part of a law suit. The account should have never been pulled and they are giving me nothing but the run around to answering that question of why it was. I keep catching them in lies so they keep changing their reasons for doing everything to make it sound good. I don;t know when I was pulled from the file but these phones calls happened tonight 1-20-2009. Please contact me at stlondon1@msn.com with any more information. Thanks, Teresa
 6th of Feb, 2009 by   hollerback95 +1 Votes
We are wanting to be included in this lawsuit too!

My husband's cousin is active duty military. He is now in Iraq. He bought his car from them BEFORE he went into the Army. Because of this, this loan is covered under the SCRA (Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act). This means, they cannot charge him late fees, they cannot post negative marks on his credit, they HAVE to drop his interest rate to 6%, and they cannot repossess the vehicle. All of these stipulations under the SCRA are FEDERAL LAWS. They are breaking these laws!

My father in law is the power of attorney for the cousin while he is away. We have provided document after document proving he is in Iraq and that he is covered under this federal law. They REFUSE to drop his interest, they REFUSE to stop hitting his credit with late fees, and they are constantly sending threatening letters that they are coming to respossess the vehicle.

We have gone as far as involving JAG attorneys and Rep. Gus Bilirakis on our behalf. They are trying to work out the problem, but we have yet to have success. We have even contacted Eric Seidel on FOX13, and there is a good possibility that he may want to do a consumer lawyer story on it. (Anyone interested in throwing your story into the mix??)

He bought the car at the New Port Richey location, which has since been closed down. Which means ... we are thinking any and all documents we provided have been lost or destroyed in the process. When we call another store to talk someone, or they call us 20 times a day, we ask for a number to speak to CORPORATE. They REFUSE to provide Corporate's number. They tell us we do not need to speak to Corporate and there is no reason for us to have that number.

These people are unbelievable! If you think we can get them where it hurts, let's go!

Please contact me back at stephen.milford@verizon.net with any information you have and what the future holds for a class action suit.

Thanks!!!
 12th of Feb, 2009 by   lillian garcia +1 Votes
i bought my car dec.06, drivetime is not interested in dealing with anyones isues or problems they hav after bying a car from them. i had decided to put my boyfriend on the loan so he can also start building credit, i com e to find out after oneyear, he was added first on the account and me as a co-signer, anotherwords im paying my car but its not really mine.wen i confrunted them they said there was nothing they could do.in dec.08 i ended up in the hospital for 3 weeks .i recieve a call from drivetime to send $15 and 2 payments would be put back until i got out, then a manager calls and says not to worrie because they had adefur programs and other program.i get out the hospital 4weeks later.the manager says she needs $130.00 to get me in the defur program i make the payment.then jan.09 she says i didnt qualifie.because ineeded to hav 3 payment. itsbull ihavent missed apayment since july.now they wana reposest my car.they hav each rep. tell u somthing diferent.i took them a $75 payment they didnt acept it.they wanted more.it was o, k for them to put payments back wile your reparing the broken up car they gave u .because like that if anything happens they hav a good car to sell to someone else after i get it repo.iam very sick with scoliosi and they dont wana make any arangments with me.if i dont hav a car i cant get to my apointments.they need to pay for wat there doing to all these people maybe get som letters out to the president.please include me in your lawsuit i also hav other people with same situation.please contact me and any one thats wiling to put an end to drivetime 813-369-1909
 12th of Feb, 2009 by   joleneinwisconsin +1 Votes
i bought my car from drivetime and have another 18 months lift on my contract. i have never been late and have asked for a payoff earlier in the game several times, but they build the interest into the price up-front. there is no incentive to pay your car off early and no way to save yourself money. my jeep liberty is worth maybe $3000 [noone will trade it in because I moved from AZ to WI and the jeep as no 4WD] and the payoff is almost $7000 after paying for YEARS!!! everyone tells me that this is illegal. burying the interest up front. i would be interested in knowing if there is any resolve for this financial rape. jolenedemille@yahoo.com
 13th of Feb, 2009 by   rlbenitz 0 Votes
I would like to be contacted regarding this issue.

It seems my story matches exactly everyone else's complaint. Initially, they had my payment information and personal information printed incorrectly on my legal agreement. When I brought it to their attention they said they'd fix it. (Mind you, this affect my payment due date, because it is in cohesion with my payday at work.) So a few weeks later, I came in and they still had not fixed the problem. I had a manager come out and they told me to come back the next day. I coudln't make it in the next day and they called me to say they were going to repossess my car! And the trade in I had given would not be returned. Because THEY messed up the contract.

Also, I purchased the "in house" DT insurance because my insurance office was closed at the time I bought the car, and I could not drive off the lot without ins. I was told I would be refunded the prorated amount of the policy. After I got my personal policy set, they told me it actually credits to my account, not back to my credit card I paid for it with. That month I didn't get my medical prescription because I couldn't pay for it, I was paying 2 insurance tabs! Now, today is my payment day and they still have not applied the insurance prorate to my account. So, having expected a payment with this application on it, you can imagine my surprise when its almost $150 more than I was told.

The staff at the local office are rude, and play the "he said she said" game. Because their records are always "in process, " or "not entered yet" I find myself getting the run around.

I would love to never have to deal with these people again! My car, I found out after I purchased it, was priced nearly 2x the blue book value. Outrageous!

The idea that they only tell you enough to get your signature on the paper and then come out with the ugly details after the fact (when it becomes a problem on their end) is not ethical business practice. I have had to pay so much already and have not even made my first payment yet! Please, please contact me! rlbenitz@gmail.com
 20th of Feb, 2009 by   Kim 0 Votes
My boyfriend just bought a car from them in November of last year. It was a nice 2000 Saturn SC1. He tried to buy a car from other dealers but even though his credit scores were excellent he didn't have enough credit, so we were sent there. Needless to say, the price of the vehicle (kelly blue book) is about $6k at prime condition. We explained to them that we would want to trade this car in about 6 months after he establishes some credit for a more affordable vehicle. They explained there should be no problem with that and he was actually paying to establish his credit not buying a car. After the painful process and having no other place to turn he purchased the vehicle. His payments are approximately $435 monthly. The vehicle price was $12, 500 and with interest if paid in full will be a purchase of $19, 500. Interest is at 29 F*** Percent. Regardless of this, based on what our intentions were, to trade it in in about 6-12 months will not be possible. He will be upside down and no banks is going to lend him $12k for a $6k vehicle. He has made about 9 payments and paid off $25 toward the principal. This seems like Price Gauging... Even though this is not a state of emergency, it is praying on the vulnerability of the public due to their circumstance. Does this give anyone the right to charge 3 and 4 times the value of something because you are unable to purchase it at regular cost for whatever reason. The interest is upsetting alone, but they make their money there and now they make their money on the price of the vehicle as well. You are damned if you pay and if you don't... If you buy it and if you don't... Some one needs to stop this illegal and cut throat behavior that prays on the weaker or less fortunate community of people in this country. Here is just a snip it of the law for Florida. At least 30 states — Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii,
Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan,
Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina,
Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin — the District of Columbia,
Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands have laws that prohibit price gouging, excessive price
increases, or unconscionable pricing. Most states have laws that are triggered in the event of a
declared emergency, with a few having laws that may be applicable at other times as well. Other
states may also exercise authority under general deceptive trade practice laws depending on the
nature of the state law and the specific circumstances in which price increases occur.
3 For more information on the applicability of the federal antitrust laws, see CRS Report
RS22262, “Price Gouging, ” the Antitrust Laws, and Vertical Integration: How They Are Related,
by Janice E. Rubin

Please include us if there is a class action filed.
 26th of Feb, 2009 by   out of pocket 0 Votes
Drive time is ripping me off. I would love to be a part of a suit against them. I originally purchased my first car from them in o3. never missed a payment. I was told due to my credit situation, that their company would help me to establish a good standing, that is why i had to pay 200.00 every two weeks, (and since I paid according to my pay sched. the months where we were paid three times I had to make three payments! "to improve my credit, cause the more times that you pay, the better your score looks" as i was told by a rep. after paying for the car for about three years, i get a call saying that since I owe only 3500, I could bring that car in and get a different car for no money down so I was realed into their trap once again. At my supposed gold member status I obbtained another car in 2006, a 2002 pontia grand prix with many miles, After a breif signing which was
not expained to me fully, I realized that I am forced to pay almost 20, 000$ for a car thats worth 2, 200 today. I was informed yesterday that I have a whopping 10, 000 left on this vehicle. and will not be done paying until late in 2011!!! what the ****! I am outraged. and I dont think it is right for them to get away with this robbery!
Windyblu@hotmail.com (Florida)
 27th of Feb, 2009 by   Diamond 0 Votes
Please contact me also diamond.diamond.diamond1@gmail.com
 27th of Feb, 2009 by   Diamond 0 Votes
My complaints are the same, I can add that I have been given a final written warning from my company for the Harrasing phone calls.
 4th of Mar, 2009 by   teejjames 0 Votes
ditto to most of this...they sell cars at 120% of kbb value then add the 28% interest...this is flat out predatory lending no worse, or maybe even worse than what has happened in the housing crises...money is made on interest...ok...bad credit, higher risk, higher interest...the real problem lies with the base price...$12, 000 for a kbb retail value f $5500, and that's giving it excellent rating...if this was sold at kbb ($5500), the payments would literally be 50% ($209 instead of $416)

...if there is a class action lawsuit, sign me up

i just tried to do a voluntary repo...i researched what would happen...they tried to scare me w/ ruined credit (in this economy, so what, its already bad)...they tried to tell me my credit score is good, i know its not...then they threatened lawsuits and wage garnishments...bring it on...i'm sure a judge would love to look at the price gouging...they're "letting" me keep the car for 1 month w/o payments or fees until i decide to keep it...i'm pretty sure i'll be voluntarily repo'ing again in a month anyway...if they decide to come after me, maybe i can bite back or bite first

teejjames@yahoo.com
 7th of Mar, 2009 by   Lbcscannerguy 0 Votes
Please add me to the list... I traded in a car I almost had paid off.. Then I was forced to take the dealer insurenace for a month. I took a copy of my insuracne in and they never cancelled it.. Then I changed jobs and my pay schedule change and they refused to change my schdule so I fell behind. I tried many times to get them to change it. They told me they couldnt do it cuz i had an old insureance balance. I told them that i had at least 3 times to take or fax a couple of the insurance card in. The broker I was using before I changed to another company went out of Business and with moving I lost the copy of the card I had. They still refused to change my schedule so I told them to come get the car. I had the car over 1 1./2 and they are trying to come after me now for over 10, 000 and the car is not even worth 1/2 of that... They go after the little guys and think they will get away with it.. ITs all wrong...

Please count me in. LBCSCANNERGUY@AOL.com
 7th of Mar, 2009 by   Lbcscannerguy 0 Votes
Another thing is when I asked the dealership to let me use the computer to look up KBB.com they told me I couldnt. They refused. I messed up and went ahead and traded my car in instead of going home and check.

Some Things You Need to Know About Bankruptcy