logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Carports.com
Do not deal with these people
2. (7 mins ago)
Irrational

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

DRIVE FINANCIAL & SANTANDER, Florida Complaints & Reviews - VIOLATE FEDERAL BANKRUPTCY LAWS

DRIVE FINANCIAL & SANTANDER Contacts & Informations

DRIVE FINANCIAL & SANTANDER

Posted:    Watchdogconsumer1908

VIOLATE FEDERAL BANKRUPTCY LAWS

DRIVE FINANCIAL & SANTANDER
Florida
DRIVE FINANCIAL, NOW SANTANDER, VIOLATE FEDERAL BANKRUPTCY LAWS UNDER CHAPTER 13, AUTOMATIC STAY PROVISIONS.
I filed Chapter 13 a few months ago. Drive Financial now Santander was included in the Chapter 13 plan. They received notice of filing along with my attorney's information. Under the Automatic Stay provision, which commences immediately after filing a Chapter 13, they were prohibited from contacting me, collecting from me, or repossessing my vehicle. They purposefully ignored the Chapter 13 provisions, violated state and federal mandates under the plan, and repossessed my car @ 4:30 am. Although they advised my attorney they are going to return my vehicle, I am still waiting for is. This company willfully ignored federal and state laws Bankruptcy laws geared to protect the consumer. This company conducts business through unethical practices and needs to be shut down or fined at least. The irony is that they are getting paid under the Chapter 13 plan, in spite of the fact they have collected from me already approximately $17, 000 for a car that is currently valued @ $500. Drive/Santander refuses to provide their customers with loan modifications in spite of the hardship economy we currently have. Anyone that reads these posts, if you have Drive Financial or Santander as your auto financing company, be alert - they will violate Bankruptcy laws on purpose. I am filing a formal complaint against them with the BBB, and any other regulatory agency that they may report to in the US.
Comments United States Auto Insurance & Loan
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Aug, 2010 by   Angry In California 0 Votes
I am having the same issues with Santander. I filed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in February 2010 and included a reaffirmation agreement to keep my car. In July of 2010 I was allowed to reconsider and decide whether I wanted to keep my car in 60 days. Now I am only 20 days in and Santander will not accept my motion to recind! The BK code also states that I have 30 days from the date the agreement was approved! ... It was approved on July 21st! Hello! I called again to speak with someone else and she said I was in accordance with the law BUT then today I was told that I can't! OMG I have to call gain!!! ... And on top of it all, there representatives are extremely rude when it comes to clients in Bankruptcy, I cried after speaking with them on two occasions! After reading all the complaints filed against them I am glad to find I am not alone! If anyone files a law Suit against them I would like to join them!

Tips How to Avoid and Report Consumer Fraud