Drive Financial

This company needs to be driven out of business!

My husband and I bought a vehicle at Airport Suzuki in Irving TX (another big headache) in April, 2007. We got pushed into a vehicle we were not interested in at all!!! We told them we did not want a car payment of more than $325 a month so we could actually live somewhere other than the vehicle. We never got a contract and the co-buyer we used ended up not having a drivers license so the car buying experience was less than smooth. After 2 months we received our payment statement to our "surprise" it was $400. I called and talked to an "account manager" they told me that's what you get when you are a dead beat!! I told them that I would NOT pay that much for a piece of crap car that is only by the way worth $7000.00 brand new, we paid $17,200.00 after all the charges. I refuse to pay that amount, so they call numerous times a day!! One gentleman even wanted to talk to my husband while he was on the potty. Hopefully everyone that has gotten SCREWED without KY will get together and sue the HELL out of these bastards!!
Complaint comments Comments (150) Complaint country United States Complaint category Auto Insurance & Loan
Was the above complaint useful?

4th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes

Drive Financial - Illegal fees!

They are criminals and something must be done. We must contact the FEDS, The TV, stations, the newspapers. Get the word out on the internet. They are crooks. They said they lost my payment the lady seemed to be happy about it. I wired the money to catch up but I think they are still charging me. They did not contact me until 16 days later to tell me about the payment being lost. I have money order receipts to prove I have the payment.
 5th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
How do we get together and sue the shit out of them? I would love to get together and knock them down like they don't people like us.
 5th of Sep, 2007 by    -1 Votes
Sorry didn't prof read above.
 13th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
they are screw up in the head..they suck and fake ass company
 13th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I mailed my car payment 2 weeks ago and I was told they have not received it. The mail has not been returned me. Also, hidden fees.
 15th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
Hardly any of our payments go toward principle. I thought paying $50 to $75 over each month would help(go to principle)...even worse, when you overpay..they only apply the amount over toward principle. The entire regular payment goes toward interest. You cannot win with this company. We have had our loan for 18 months. In that time we have payed them close to $9,000. OUr balance on the loan has only decreased by $1, 623.19. We want to trade in this vehicle and go with a different loan company since the car is a piece of crap now anyways. It's going to be tough since we are insanely upside down on it. I wish there was something we could do to put a stop to them so that no body else has to be a victim of thier unfair practices.
 23rd of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I think we should contact the media, just keep filing complaints until this gets out. I know I'm going to get email all the news channel in Dallas, Texas and hopefully you guys will do the same. Hopefully someone will be able to help us with this problem because this company is ridiculous.
 23rd of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
We need to contact Becky Oliver with this issue and put some pressure on them. Its ridiculous how they are doing people.
 2nd of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
I am so glad that I am not the only one have serious problems with this company. I told the representative to log in the call that I hate their service and when I find another company to refinance my car I will NEVER deal with them again. I will be sure to tell everyone I know that's going to buy a new car to make sure if the dealer says your finance company will be Drive Financial to RUN FAR FAR AWAY! I have had problems from DAY ONE! Each month is something different with them and I constantly have problems with them and they don't try to help. I would have pages full of complaints on here if I tried to type it out. I'm just glad I'm not the only one and I already have been trying to get this car refinanced so I can stop dealing with them because this is the worst company I have ever dealt with! THEY WILL NOT LAST LONG I'M SURE...THERE ARE TOO MANY UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS FOR THIS COMPANY TO BE SUCCESSFUL.
 7th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I bought a 06 chevy truck from Smithfield Chevrolet August 06. I had not had truck 1 week and they were calling about a payment. I was not even late yet. They call at all hours of day and night. call at work even after asked by me to stop. called me at work after my boss told them to stop. I had my phone number changed several times to unlisted numbers and they still managed to get number. I finally had phone shut off then they started calling my neighbors and asking them to get me on phone. I had truck for 10 months. I gave them the truck back because it would have never been paid off at the rate they charged penalties . Every time I checked balance it was higher after payments were made than before I made payment. It was a 16500 truck last time I checked it was at 18500. Truck was wrecked by a driver who rear ended me talking on cell phone. Ever time I called them to talk to them about accident I was told a different story about what I needed to do. THIS COMPANY APPARENTLY only hires lairs, people who barely speak English and Rude people.
 14th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I unfortunately got a car financed with them in January of last year and due to a out of state move and everything that can wrong did, I am 1 down on my payments but I send them a payment every single month and have told them I am back in school and what happened. One person seems sympathetic and the other seems shitty. When you get the name and ext # of someone that will help you, when you call them back no one has heard of them or "they no longer work there" I don't know what to do!! Now they have me stressing my hair out because they called my parents today and told my dad they want my car!!! Without my car I can't go to school!! I am 33 years old, doing what I am supposed to. They told me to send my payment every month and add some to it to try and catch up the one I am down. Now, something different again. I hate them!!! But, now, I can't refinance because I go to school and no longer work, I live off my grants and scholarships. And I agree about the language, I get so tired of either someone I can't understand or someone talking so ghetto I can't understand her.
 19th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes

Drive Financial - They're horrible!
Drive Financial

They are a last resort for car loans - no doubt about it - and they thrive on that fact. THEY ARE LOAN SHARKS - NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT EITHER. I like their little "get acquainted" phone call at the beginning of the loan - just to make sure they know where to find you/your car, should they need to send out one of their hulks. At a time in need, I dealt with them because I needed a car loan.

Never, ever again.
 4th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
my complaint is when my son was sick and in icu drive didnt' want to work with me or defer my payments til i got caught up
not to mention the harrashing phone calls .... by law only one phone call is to be made to the customer once daily they repeating keep calling .... the next time they harrash me i will sue them......its' against the law what they do to their customers .
 18th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes

Drive Financial - Illegal collection activity!
drive financial
500 S. Castello St.
Phone: 3143235726

My daughter apparently got a loan from these people, I have gotten two phone calls from them and they left messages
asking if I was related to her and that she owed them money and wanted me to give her a message to call them. I believe this is a violation of the collection laws if not it should be.
 3rd of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

Drive Financial - Dirty!
Phone: 5017763109

This business is DIRTY! I called and made a payment via phone. They transferred the money to my ex-husband's account even though I specifically asked that the money I sent was to be directed to MY account. When I called about this matter, they said, "Well, your ex-husband's behind on his car payment so we just put the money there instead of yours." As a result, I got behind on MINE! I'm FURIOUS!
 13th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
That is, they are not supposed to disclose any information to anyone other than the person on the loan. It is called 3rd party disclosure and it is against the law. I would put in a complaint to the BBB and also get some legal advice. Good luck and i hope everything turns out your way.
 22nd of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
They went so fas as to look up my neighbors phone number and call her. They asked her if I still lived next to her and asked her to give me a message for them. She wasn't lying because she gave me there number. My neighbor is over 50 years old and she's blind. How embarrassing.
 6th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
We must remember they think their company can't come down. No matter what you all are dealing with stay diligent and keep records of everything. Go on to your history page and print your payment history. Do this because Drive loves to delete things off of their website.

I am in the same boat as many of you. They did defer us for back payments, but it has been hell every since. They have called people and even called someone I have not spoken to in about 10 years. The tactic is if I embarrass the consumer, they will move. GO TO HELL DRIVE. You all are so right! The payment is not intended to pay the car off. More than likely our cars are not worth the payments. Drive is a stronghold for consumers and it will be destroyed, by their own greed.

People just remember whatever your financial situation it does not dictate your destiny. We all used Drive because we needed to get a car to try to take care of our life's chores. Personally I had never heard of them and I can't wait to get rid of them. Just remember you can get another car through a company with common sense.

If there are any attorneys out there that can help please respond to this forum. There are thousands of consumers that need your help.

Less focus our energy on getting a better car, with lower payments with a company that understands the sudden turns in everyone's life. Consumers if you have any good resources or agencies that may assists us please post them ASAP!
 26th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
This company is a mess. I have faxed these people verification of my payments and they still claim that they have not received the fax or the payments The dealerships knows about this comapny and it is a shame that they are still swindling people to use this company. I will not make a another payment until they find my money. The proof is in the pudding. Their customer service people are rude and discourteous they will not let you speak to any managers. They say things like "it want happen" "You need to make a payment". They put a note on my door with a name or an address. This is bull. Something can be done. Talk is cheat I am going contact the Att. Gen. of the United States.
 3rd of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

Drive Financial - Scam and lies!
Drive Financial

Please include me if there is a lawsuit. I have been with drive for 2 years now and have had nothing but horrible service from them. You never get the same person twice when you call and if you ask for a so calls supervisor you get the guy the next phone over I am sure.

I was trying to better myself and save my home from foreclosure so I declared bankruptcy well the case was dismissed by the courts due to some numbers not working for the bank, well drive came and reposed my car with not so much as a letter or phone cal asking if I wanted to bring the account current. I would have been glad to pay them as it was my lawyers suggestion to add them to the case. They have told me they could not contact me because of being in bankruptcy, but if the case was dismissed then I was no longer in bankruptcy and they should of called. They one thing that really pi**es me off is they sent the repo company to my wifes place of employment and snatched the vehicle from there, leaving her embarrassed and having to answer everyones questions, not really knowing what was happing herself.

I then get a letter saying I can pay 400 dollars and reinstate my contract so I call them only to hear I have been lied to again and I have to pay 4000 dollars. The excuse this time was the letter is computer generated and they can do nothing about it, I told em turn the computer off then and honor what their company mails out. But they just enjoy ruining lives I guess.

Contact Us