logo

2. (8 mins ago)
Orgreenic cookware
Sticks to eveything
3. (14 mins ago)
Exilant Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
have to got through professional torture if you give a resignation
4. (16 mins ago)
ccieperfectsolutions.com
Cheated me with the product
5. (54 mins ago)
The Resource Scout LLC
Bogus charges and help me to stop them

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

DRI Value Plus, Frankfort, Kentucky Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized monthly charge

DRI Value Plus Contacts & Informations

DRI Value Plus

Posted:    KY consumer

Unauthorized monthly charge

DRI Value Plus
Frankfort, Kentucky
pushed a link when I ordered something from Softery (Software) that said "Click here for 20% off this purchase today". Then I got email asking me to give information to their web site for discounts on variety of products. I did not provide any information, and emailed, I thought, a message that I did not want the service. Then the 1.95 charge showed up (two months now) on my American Express. I told American Express to investigate, I did not authorize. They said they had an agreement with this company to charge consumers without authorization. And if I got a written statement from the company authorizing them to stop the payments because I had terminated my business with them, they would refund the money. (this is also a complaint about American Express, as you can imagine)

I called number on American Express transaction listing, and did not get them during business hours. I was however directed to a web site called programstop.com, which I could not understand well.

My guess that this is a scam devoted to getting a small amount of money every month from individuals having credit cards and to keep collecting it because it is too much trouble to cancel such a small amount.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Sep, 2010 by   pre9120 0 Votes
You need to check further on your charges. I also had the same problem. The first charge was a $1.95 and for three months after, until I caught it, they charged me $24.95 per month as ES Value Plus. I have blocked the card and intend to pursue this through the attorney generals office here in Missouri. I would suggest you do the same in your state.
 9th of Mar, 2011 by   CharlesN 0 Votes
I bought software from a company called ojosoft.com . The software is top notch and I have no complaints. Apperantly these people have a 30 day free trial box checked somewhere on their site and if you don't hunt it down and uncheck it, you authorize the (free) membership. In my case, after this trial of something I had no idea I was signing up for, they rebll at a rate of 24.95 a month. The 800 number I got was 800 669 6975. I called at 7:30 CST and got a real person within about 45 seconds. He seemed very helpful and already had my phone number and address on file. (I gave these to the software company) He says he is cancelling this (membership) immediately and is sending me an authorization to refund the funds removed from my account. Of course the form could not be faxed or e mailed. I've already reported this to my bank. I have not gotten an answer from them and we'll see if this fellow follows through or if I'm going to have to press charges.
 26th of Jun, 2011 by   KY consumer 0 Votes
the address 5344 Sleepy Hollow Drive, Frankfort KY 40601
is not, repeat not, DRI Value Plus address.
It is the address of the person who submitted this complaint. Please do not use this address.
And do not use the phone number listed under the address. It is the number of the person who submitted this complaint.

Phishing Scams www.insideIDtheft.info