logo
search

DRI Value Plus, Frankfort, Kentucky Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized monthly charge

DRI Value Plus Contacts & Informations

Posted:

Unauthorized monthly charge

Frankfort, Kentucky
pushed a link when I ordered something from Softery (Software) that said "Click here for 20% off this purchase today". Then I got email asking me to give information to their web site for discounts on variety of products. I did not provide any information, and emailed, I thought, a message that I did not want the service. Then the 1.95 charge showed up (two months now) on my American Express. I told American Express to investigate, I did not authorize. They said they had an agreement with this company to charge consumers without authorization. And if I got a written statement from the company authorizing them to stop the payments because I had terminated my business with them, they would refund the money. (this is also a complaint about American Express, as you can imagine)

I called number on American Express transaction listing, and did not get them during business hours. I was however directed to a web site called programstop.com, which I could not understand well.

My guess that this is a scam devoted to getting a small amount of money every month from individuals having credit cards and to keep collecting it because it is too much trouble to cancel such a small amount.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More DRI Value Plus complaints
DRI Value Plus - charging money from my acc.

Comments

16th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
You need to check further on your charges. I also had the same problem. The first charge was a $1.95 and for three months after, until I caught it, they charged me $24.95 per month as ES Value Plus. I have blocked the card and intend to pursue this through the attorney generals office here in Missouri. I would suggest you do the same in your state.
 16th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes

DRI Value Plus - unauthorized charge
Dri Value Plus

I ordered some software online and received offer for 20% off my purchase. When I clicked the box it asked for information. Since then I've noticed 2 charges on my card for $24.95 from this company, which I've never heard off. According to them, I signed up online, although, I actually did not. This company apparantly charges you per month to save you money. I do not know how they got my credit card info. Beware of this scam.
 1st of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I also fell into their trap.
I purchased and downloaded a software from the website of a company called SWreg. This product was fine but afterward I received an email about a $15 mail-in rebate for this product. I did what the instruction told me. It looked like I created a new account on this coupon site but I didn't give my credit card information. Then I found yesterday I was charged $24.95 on my account. First I was surprised since it said "membership fee" and I don't belong to any sports club. Then I remembered that I became a member of this seemingly innocent coupon site - "yikes!". The charge stemmed from this website, as I doubted. I immediately canceled my membership this morning. I told them that I'm not comfortable with how they do their business, but their attitude was totally so-what-do-you-want-me-to-do-honey?.
There is definitely a problem in what they do. People would think it's just a rebate they are getting and these software and coupon companies are two separate entities - let alone charging a irrelevant membership fee using a credit card number that you used for a totally different item. One month later, you'd find that you've been charged with membership fee for a website you've never even logged in. When you blow a whistle at them they would say, "All the conditions are mentioned in a mail we sent you. Didn't you agree with them?". Yes, it was mentioned but in much smaller letters than "$15 money back!".

I call it bogus.
 9th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I bought software from a company called ojosoft.com . The software is top notch and I have no complaints. Apperantly these people have a 30 day free trial box checked somewhere on their site and if you don't hunt it down and uncheck it, you authorize the (free) membership. In my case, after this trial of something I had no idea I was signing up for, they rebll at a rate of 24.95 a month. The 800 number I got was 800 669 6975. I called at 7:30 CST and got a real person within about 45 seconds. He seemed very helpful and already had my phone number and address on file. (I gave these to the software company) He says he is cancelling this (membership) immediately and is sending me an authorization to refund the funds removed from my account. Of course the form could not be faxed or e mailed. I've already reported this to my bank. I have not gotten an answer from them and we'll see if this fellow follows through or if I'm going to have to press charges.
 26th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
the address 5344 Sleepy Hollow Drive, Frankfort KY 40601
is not, repeat not, DRI Value Plus address.
It is the address of the person who submitted this complaint. Please do not use this address.
And do not use the phone number listed under the address. It is the number of the person who submitted this complaint.
 12th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes

DRI Value Plus - unauthorized charges
Alabama

Review my credit card expenses I saw a monthly Purchase To DRI*Value plus Monthly, 800-669-6975. i contacted them and reqested a refund but that remains to be seen. I have also put in a dispute to my credit card company in case they don't remove it.
I highly suggest that this company is be prosecuted as performing Internet Fraud and Credit Card Fraud.
 21st of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes

DRI Value Plus - unauthorized charges
dri value plus
Oregon

this account was suppose to be free for 30 days and cancelable.. they lied and charged my credit card.

How to Avoid "Family in Need" Scam