logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (3 mins ago)
Dri*trend Micro Orderfind.com Mn
A charge that was not authorized
2. (7 mins ago)
crystal hues ltd
employee harassment
3. (7 mins ago)
Dri*trend Micro Orderfind.com Mn
Double billed on credit card
4. (16 mins ago)
BP Canada Shingles
Poor Shingle Life - Bad Warranty!
5. (28 mins ago)
United Furniture Industries
Defect in cuddler recliner?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

DRI* Surplus Supplier, Lancaster Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized charge to my account

DRI* Surplus Supplier Contacts & Informations

DRI* Surplus Supplier

Posted:    Serena Tashman

Unauthorized charge to my account

I found a charge on my checking account for $39.95 from a company that I had never heard of. I looked into past months to see if there were additional charges. That is when I found a $1.95 charge the previous month. My guess is that was a test, to see if I would notice the charge, and then charge additional amounts. I had no luck in finding any information on the company. The phone number that was listed on the charge to my account had a recording asking I call another toll free number. When I called that number it disconnected me. Luckily my husband works for the bank that we use, and I will not have to pay these amounts, but I did have to go through the hassle of closing out my account and opening a new one!!!!!
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Feb, 2008 by   Sierra 0 Votes
There number is 1-877-414-5117. This has happened to other people too. We shouldn't let them get away with it.
 26th of Mar, 2008 by   keith 0 Votes
My fiance was asked to pay the $1.95 trial fee and told if she did not cancel than she would be charged the $39.95 . She canceled and asked the service representative if there was anyone else she would have to contact to cancel subscription and they told her no. When the money was withdrawn the number given was for the DRI Surplus Supplier as the withdrawing party. The service representative had her original telephone recording but denied knowing about or having any responsibility to her cancellation and would not refund her the money.
 27th of Mar, 2008 by   Chris 0 Votes
DRI Surplus is a total scam! Waring cancel your credit cards or dedits card now!
 1st of Apr, 2008 by   Lindsey 0 Votes
I am furious right now. I called the surplus business at least 2 or 3 months ago to tell them that I should not have that charge because I cancelled it 4 months prior and was still being charged. I also asked the representative both times if there was anyone else to contact to cancel any subscriptions and also was told no.

Guess what? Just realized another charge on my account and looked back. It never stopped, even after the second phone call to cancel them. Now I have to take time out of my day again to call them and argue this. They'd better refund the money!!!

I'm very frustrated by this company...
 19th of Apr, 2008 by   Kristen 0 Votes
I called them back in feb to tell them i didn't authorize anything out of this account. Their response was no problem we'll refund you the money they did and i also told them i do not want to see these charges on my account again...i looked today and there was one just a few days ago...i call the bank they did it last month and i just didn't know it. Now i have to go through hell just to get the charges to stop. So not only did they take the money out but now i'm going to get the wonderful return check fees for all the checks i wrote for bills...oh how delightful!
 14th of May, 2008 by   amanda 0 Votes
Unfortunately I am going through the same thing right now :( I'm a single mother of my only child (girl, 7mos) who lives pay check to pay check pretty much and when i saw the FIRST charge on my CC for this DRI*SurplusSupplier i called them ASAP, was told it was canceled, everything was taken care of - later that month i received a 39.99 credit to my CC so i thought everything was done. The next month came, along with a charge of 39.99 (which put me overlimit so of course, $39 overlimit fee tacted on) so i called my CC company who said i would have to dispute this (again) with the biller. I called DRI again was told the account was canceled, nothing to worry about and this month - after i got my CC under limit and under control - a pending charge of 39.99 from you know who. At this point i was OUTRAGED! I called them YET AGAIN and spoke with a supervisor who gave me a cancellation confirmation (we'll see next month if it REALLY is cancelled!) and said there was NO WAY any of my fees were being credited because ive never called them before. Now, I work for a large company in a customer service call center - i know bad representatives (or maybe just a bad company in DRI's case) exist, just because there are no notes and the account hasnt been accessed doesnt mean you didnt call in and speak to someone! It just means they didnt document it. ARG! Right now I am filing a dispute with my CC company for at least the last charge on there from the company to be reversed - when i came upon this board. I am definitely pasting the address to this complaint board into my dispute so my CC company can see it really is happening - and not only to me. Maybe i will be able to get ALL of those charges adjusted! I really hope so... :( Its hard enought worrying about being able to pay bills without the added worry of scammers and theives charging and stealing your money!
 15th of May, 2008 by   Kelsey 0 Votes
I am having the same problem, I saw charges appear on my account that I know I did not put there, for $.39.95. I looked back and found two other $39.95 charges and one for $1.95. It shows up as DRI Surplus Supplier, which I have not been able to find any information about. I canceled my debit card and am filing a dispute claim with my bank, so hopefully that takes care of it. Good luck to everyone else having this problem!
 19th of May, 2008 by   cristina morrison 0 Votes
This is also happening to me, but mine happened through a mystery shopping job. I found the job in the newspaper so i called and signed up, that's probably how the other company got my information. I found the same 39.95 charge on my account after I had cancelled it. So I called again and they told me this time it would be cancelled. I then called the mystery shopping company and cancelled with them. The DRI* number is 877 414 5117 they refused to refund me my money. I called my credit card company and they cancelled my cad for me and put in a request for fraudelent activity on my card so I will hopefully have the charges removed. Good Luck to everyone else dealing with this issue!
 19th of May, 2008 by   Victoria 0 Votes
So today I was reading through the newspaper and thought wow cool a undercover shopper job. I called to get some information on the number and they told me about it so I signed up. I should have known it was a scam. This is the second one this year this happend to me. I work at a police station so I might just have to see about what I can do about false advertisement. So now I will call back now and cancel my account and close my CC. Hopefully things will work out for the best.
 27th of May, 2008 by   elizabeth morgan 0 Votes
This company is the BIGGEST SCAM! Even the customer reps are the rudest people I have ever delt with. I asked to speak to a supervisor and I was told I would have to wait until THEY had time to call me back, in about two das between the hours of 8 and 5. I originally signed up for a secret shopper job and got reeled into this company. So far, over $100.00 has been taken out of my account and I have nothing to show for it! After a fight with "Marlon", I tried to call back to get my cancellation number again and was disconnected five times.
 2nd of Jun, 2008 by   Michelle 0 Votes
same thing with me!! omg my cc company called me saying my checke bounced i called the bank to see what was going on and low and behold dri surplus has been taking money out of my account oh yes these little so and so's are the rudest people i've ever dealt with i also work in customer service in my company we would get fired for speaking to people that way! i would love 2 be able to sue them for my damages if anyone has a good lawyer for these peoples fraud count me in!! i now have over limit fees...bounced check fees overdrawn fees from my bank!! these people are a scam!!
 2nd of Jun, 2008 by   Michelle 0 Votes
I just filed a complaint with the better business bureau...anyone having trouble with dri surplus should also i did it online and it didnt take long...make sure when u search for the company u put in the phone number it will bring them right up..btw did anyone get the "packet" they said we would get in the mail??
 3rd of Jun, 2008 by   Julie 0 Votes
I don't like what I have found on my bills the last two months. I thought I had signed up only for a secret shopper, I then find all kinds of charges to my credit card I didn't know I had made and have nothing to show for them.
I didn't know that I signed up for anything, I haven't received anything and don't think I should have to pay 39.95.
I called to cancelled, waited forever to talk to someone. I finally got someone who said they couldn't refund my money but would cancel . The customer service man I spoke with was very rude and told me "You did sign up for this and we have the phone conversation if you want to go over it." I told him I didn't I had and it wasn't explained to me as what I would be receiving, had I known I would be charged 39.95 every month I wouldn't have done it, I was trying to make money not spend it.
I called my credit card company, have cancelled my card and will do whatever else in necessary, but I won't pay for this scam.
 13th of Jun, 2008 by   Shannon 0 Votes
Same thing... didn't authorize charge, no packet, rude reps...how do I get my money back?
 18th of Jun, 2008 by   Josh 0 Votes
I was told that i would only get charged like 14 bucks, i actually called the next day to cancel i talked to someone and then canceled it and then i was like yay no more problems, nope i got the 39.95 total bullshit and its a recording im like fuck! anyways... i just printed this post and im going to the bank tommorow and telling them this shit
 19th of Jun, 2008 by   Maggie 0 Votes
I called and i got these numbers from a guy named John. 18444145117.

I just signed up because i saw the ad in the newspaper & i thought it would be fun, but then i researched right after words when i couldn't get into anything that she said i would be able to ex/websites that are CHARGING me. Within 1 hour i found this page & i checked my online bank account and i'm not understanding why they're charging me to work for them! John also gave me the phone number 18662971823 & 18009223615. I will call and contact these asap. I'm very nervous about what this company is trying to do to me!
 1st of Jul, 2008 by   Shelley 0 Votes
Just got off the phone with a rep from Surplus Supplier. She wouldn't refund my money. I told her I would report to the better business bureau and I'm going to right now. I asked the rep how she slept at night and she said perfectly fine.
 3rd of Jul, 2008 by   lauren 0 Votes
your money will never be refunded. the only solution is to go to your bank and close your account and then open a new one. i know its a hassle but i know from experience you will never see that money. no matter what those stupid reps at surplus supplier say they are never going to erase your name from their list and they are not going to stop taking your money. you gotta close the account im sorry. BEWARE OF THIS SCAM IT RUINED ME
 19th of Jul, 2008 by   Amy 0 Votes
Amen. I am asking for a refund. They've been charging me since March. $150! Can't they make an honest living?!
 21st of Jul, 2008 by   Amy 0 Votes
For those who are still having troubles. Email them on their contact page and request a cancellation confirmation email. Their website address is: https://surplussupplier.com/

Website Hijacking. Know who are dealing with!

Latest Groups